Author Topic: TAR 20 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**  (Read 375448 times)

Offline nyluvs

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: TAR 20 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**
« Reply #400 on: December 15, 2011, 10:37:52 PM »
I am thoroughly confused lol  :cmas30: Looking forward to hopefully getting more clarification in the days ahead...
@deeluvs on Twitter

"Expectation is the root of all heartache"
William Shakespeare

Offline topaz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #401 on: December 15, 2011, 10:52:06 PM »
so, here's the summary of the race for TAR 20:

Leg 1: Los Angeles --> Buenos Aires, Argentina
Leg 2: Argentina/Brazil
Leg 3: Argentina/Brazil --> Paraguay
Leg 4: Paraguay --> Turin, Italy
Leg 5: Turin, Italy --> Durban, South Africa
Leg 6: Durban, South Africa --> Doha, Qatar
Leg 7: Doha, Qatar --> Nepal
Leg 8: Nepal --> Mongolia

Speculations:

Leg 9 & 10 (double leg): Mongolia --> Philippines [just a spec due to a rumor that there'll race to the province of Ilocos Norte]
Leg 11: Philippines --> unknown
Leg 12: unknown --> Los Angeles/San Francisco/San Diego/Seatle

paldog123456

« Reply #402 on: December 15, 2011, 10:53:45 PM »
I am pretty sure that if Durban is a leg, it would come AFTER Nepal and Doha.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #403 on: December 15, 2011, 11:34:54 PM »

Speculations:

Leg 9 & 10 (double leg): Mongolia --> Philippines [just a spec due to a rumor that there'll race to the province of Ilocos Norte]

Actually:

Leg 1: Los Angeles TO vs VIA Buenos Aires, Argentina (probable leg but possible transit only)
Leg 3: Argentina/Brazil -->

Leg ??: Paraguay --> Turin, Italy

Please stop stating race route SUMMARIES  that are in NO way confirmed. Thanks.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 09:23:40 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #404 on: December 16, 2011, 01:15:47 AM »

Speculations:

I'm not sure we can be certain of any leg where we haven't had photographs of people known to be associated with TAR, i.e., the photos of Phil and BVM, and possibly the one photo we think are Brendon and Rachel. Beyond that, I don't think we can say much is confirmed and the rest is speculation. We cant assume that tweets that may seem consistent are valid unless we just happen to know the person. If some of these tweeters provide actual images  we folk can look at that willl be great and will help establish what's valid.
(Yes we believe we know teams flew to Buenos Aries after Miami, but we still don't know if that was yet another intermediate point to another location or not. The reality is that 20 is turning out to be one of the least spoiled Races as to locations we've had in a while, not to mention the teams. Ought to make February 19th really interesting.
-- theschnauzers

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #405 on: December 16, 2011, 02:54:35 AM »
Can someone analyze the article below,??

http://m.kaizerchiefs.com/?name=kaizerchiefs&artId=1159601&i=4690&showonly=1

Look at the last line stating that the Amazing Race confirmed to be cancelled in regard of its visit to Durban

My analyze so far that maybe..maybe.. it's cancelled because they need to finish the race this weekend and there's not enough time to go to South Africa and went somewhere else.... Other than that, maybe it's just a local race..  :cmas11
TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #406 on: December 16, 2011, 08:43:30 AM »
Can someone analyze the article below,??

http://m.kaizerchiefs.com/?name=kaizerchiefs&artId=1159601&i=4690&showonly=1

Look at the last line stating that the Amazing Race confirmed to be cancelled in regard of its visit to Durban

My analyze so far that maybe..maybe.. it's cancelled because they need to finish the race this weekend and there's not enough time to go to South Africa and went somewhere else.... Other than that, maybe it's just a local race..  :cmas11

No sweetie. It is definitely was a LOCAL race. Nothing to do with us.
http://m.kaizerchiefs.com/?name=kaizerchiefs&artId=1137481&i=4690&showonly=1

TAR legs are carefully planned out months in advance with regard to time.. Only major weather or political events would cancel one.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #407 on: December 16, 2011, 08:58:57 AM »
The ABSA Premier Soccer League of South Africa is the one referenced in the article. That makes it appear that the cancellation of an Amazing Race event in Durban South Africa was only a local one. I agree with Peach.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #408 on: December 16, 2011, 09:15:48 AM »

I am thoroughly confused lol  :cmas30: Looking forward to hopefully getting more clarification in the days ahead...

Me too!! :lol:

Let's see if this helps:

LAX :yes:
Buenas Aries :yes: almost certainly> although some possibility remains that this could be transit. 
Paraguay :yes:
Turin :yes:
Nepal --possible, reasonable,  but not confirmed
Doha --possible, reasonable,  but not confirmed
Durban-- NO
Mongolia- :lol:

Please refer to our TIMELINE here:
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,26521.0.html

Any location that is believed to be CONFIRMED will be there. If it isn't there, it is not confirmed by us.

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline amazinglatinoamericafan

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #409 on: December 16, 2011, 01:53:44 PM »
i would like to see the finish line in new york  :cmas16 :cmas16

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #410 on: December 16, 2011, 02:19:21 PM »
Me too... anniversary special. :(
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #411 on: December 16, 2011, 02:38:09 PM »
At the moment, BVM now has three U.S. Olympic cities left that the show has not yet visited (Squaw Valley, Lake Placid, and St. Louis)
They haven't had a midwest finish other than Chicago (TAR 6), and it's way overdue. The west coast has been overused for final cities, except perhaps for San Diego and with Atlanta, I doubt another inland city in the south is on the immediate agenda.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #412 on: December 16, 2011, 02:47:23 PM »
I'm not sure I should post this tweet because it's not really a sighting and it's probably referring to the new Norwegian edition of The Amazing Race. However, there is a small tiny chance it could be about a leg somewhere in Scandinavia so I'll post it just in case.

stopannieify Annie
Just found out that two guys from my internship is work with Amazing Race! I'm so jealous! That sounds so cool! :D<3
8 hours ago

This woman apparently is from Stockholm, Sweden.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #413 on: December 16, 2011, 03:05:40 PM »
At the moment, BVM now has three U.S. Olympic cities left that the show has not yet visited (Squaw Valley, Lake Placid, and St. Louis)
They haven't had a midwest finish other than Chicago (TAR 6), and it's way overdue. The west coast has been overused for final cities, except perhaps for San Diego and with Atlanta, I doubt another inland city in the south is on the immediate agenda.

I'd be surprised if they go to one of those Olympic cities as they are all rather far in the past. There isn't a whole lot to do in either Squaw Valley or Lake Placid except winter sports and I'm not sure what remains in use from those games. Also, when planning for the race, you can't be sure there will be enough snow and cold weather in mid December to ski, bobsled, etc.

As for St. Louis, that was over 100 years ago in the early stages of the Olympic revival and was pretty much international in name only. Over 80% of the athletes and 80% of the medal winners were from the USA. Also, I doubt any buildings or sites remain from the 1904 Olympic Games.

Despite all the speculation, I still think they will circle the globe and end up somewhere on the West Coast. Hopefully, not in Los Angeles.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #414 on: December 16, 2011, 05:23:29 PM »

I'd be surprised if they go to one of those Olympic cities as they are all rather far in the past. There isn't a whole lot to do in either Squaw Valley or Lake Placid except winter sports and I'm not sure what remains in use from those games. Also, when planning for the race, you can't be sure there will be enough snow and cold weather in mid December to ski, bobsled, etc.

As for St. Louis, that was over 100 years ago in the early stages of the Olympic revival and was pretty much international in name only. Over 80% of the athletes and 80% of the medal winners were from the USA. Also, I doubt any buildings or sites remain from the 1904 Olympic Games.

Despite all the speculation, I still think they will circle the globe and end up somewhere on the West Coast. Hopefully, not in Los Angeles.

Sqauw Valley has almost everything still in operation (except that luge-bobsled were not in those games in 1960. Lake Placid literally has everything still in use from 1980, and the only facility not being used for sport is the Olympic Village from 1980 which was designed for conversion to a state prison facility. Everything else is still use either under the USOC (as an Olympic Training Center) or a state park (the ski areas). As to St. Louis (some of the 1904 events were moved to Chicago as part of the World's Fair that year), there's a bunch of other things such as the Ansheiser-Bush, Purina, the Great Arch and this associated with the Mississippi River dame network and the city being the start point for migration to the west during the 19th Century.  There's also a major airport hub in St. Louis as well (American, I believe has used it as a hub). (And I've been to Lake Placid a couple of times in the winter so I'm speaking from first hand knowledge.)

If the Race has to finish on the west coast, I do hope its as far away from Southern California as they can get; I'm getting tired, actually, of having all but one Race since season 13 start in southern California and I've reached the point where I'd give up a complete circumnavigation just to have the Race end in another region of the U.S. As I said before, anywhere in the central U.S. is overdue (other than Chicago and Dallas; and depending on how you define it, Denver as well.)
-- theschnauzers

DavidJunior

« Reply #415 on: December 17, 2011, 01:25:33 AM »
I'm thinking New Orleans could be possible from either direction?  :cmas5

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #416 on: December 17, 2011, 02:52:30 AM »
I'm not sure if anyone ever spotted this tweet, but I posted here for your information...

@mohsinafzal Mohsin
watching the amazing race contestants in #sanfrancisco - heading to COIT tower.....makes me miss the bay - we shall meet again soon!
9 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

ACTUALLY, the previous tweet about 10hours ago is the same with this one... So..  :cmas30:

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #417 on: December 17, 2011, 02:53:27 AM »
I'm not sure if anyone ever spotted this tweet, but I posted here for your information...

@mohsinafzal Mohsin
watching the amazing race contestants in #sanfrancisco - heading to COIT tower.....makes me miss the bay - we shall meet again soon!
9 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

ACTUALLY, the previous tweet about 10hours ago is the same with this one... So..  :cmas30:

TAR 16 finale. ;)

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #418 on: December 17, 2011, 03:07:24 AM »
Regarding end cities, I'm pretty sure they will be avoiding Atlanta at all costs in future! :cmaslol
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #419 on: December 17, 2011, 06:34:43 AM »
OMG. This season has been so few-spoiled...

Offline Oddarane

• RFF Full Member
  • Scandinavian Minister for the Amazing Race
« Reply #420 on: December 17, 2011, 07:25:57 AM »
I'm not sure I should post this tweet because it's not really a sighting and it's probably referring to the new Norwegian edition of The Amazing Race. However, there is a small tiny chance it could be about a leg somewhere in Scandinavia so I'll post it just in case.

stopannieify Annie
Just found out that two guys from my internship is work with Amazing Race! I'm so jealous! That sounds so cool! :D<3
8 hours ago

This woman apparently is from Stockholm, Sweden.

Could be, but filming of TAR Norway starts in January.
\\\\\\\"The world is waiting for you. Good luck - travel safe - GO! - Phil Keoghan

Offline Oddarane

• RFF Full Member
  • Scandinavian Minister for the Amazing Race
« Reply #421 on: December 17, 2011, 07:27:43 AM »
Are they finished filming?
\\\\\\\"The world is waiting for you. Good luck - travel safe - GO! - Phil Keoghan

Offline selfeviction

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #422 on: December 17, 2011, 06:05:53 PM »
OMG. This season has been so few-spoiled...
agreed  :cmas16
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 06:09:06 PM by QueenofRussia »

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #423 on: December 18, 2011, 02:00:26 AM »
Guys, I found this tweet...

Let's investigate whether they're TAR or not..

JohnGuilaran Johnrev Guilaran
Now at the airport. A number of people running. It's like a scene from Amazing Race.
1 hour ago Favorite Retweet Reply

He apparently in 'Ninoy-Aquino International Airport, The Philippines'

and according to his tweet the city he was in is CDO (Cagayan De Oro, The Philippines)

However, there's storm occuring in that area and recent floods... Need more research,  :cmas25

JohnGuilaran Johnrev Guilaran
I'm at NAIA 3 in Metro Manila. and sorry, no cameraman. Hehe.
7 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

-----> He just replied, there's no cameraman there which means negative :(
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 02:41:03 AM by ZouLy »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #424 on: December 18, 2011, 02:12:51 AM »
There are people running in every airport in the world right now...but def keep looking!
RFF's Golden Rule: