Author Topic: TAR 20 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**  (Read 373885 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 20 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**
« Reply #350 on: December 14, 2011, 11:08:32 AM »
This is the only direct flight I see today and it is too late for our purposes. KTM to Mumbai:
KTM Kathmandu 9W 265  Jet Airways (India) 2:50 PM  2:46 PM  T-2  Landed On-time

BUt remember this is all based on ONE twitter. So we cannot yet rely on this completely.

I have no reason to doubt her...but generally it is nice to have  more than one sighting in order to confirm anything...or pics.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Mug Costanza

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #351 on: December 14, 2011, 11:37:32 AM »
Thank you so much for the good info! If this Nepal/Doha thing proves not to be anything, then we could still have a chance. If they are reversing as Apskip points out is possible (and looks reasonable to me), then it would have to have happened already, or not at all. No way to tell unless we get a sighting!

This doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. If they had their first few legs in South America, and then were sighted in Italy, and now possibly Nepal, why would it make sense for them to travel back to the US in a westward fashion? That wouldn't even make a circle... it'd be more like a giant X. Not saying it's impossible, but I don't know... doesn't really seem likely to me... :cmas5
"I defy you to come up with a better name than Seven!"
"Alright... how 'bout Mug? Mug Costanza!"

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #352 on: December 14, 2011, 12:56:02 PM »
EagleSpirit0, I think what you might help explain is whether you are aware of anything that was taking place in Laos during the mid-June to early-July time frame that would have caused TPTB to change the legs planned in Laos? As to the current season being filmed, clue boxes can't always be counted on to be visible for bystanders to notice especially after the absence of the clue boxes for most of TAR 19.

As to the current direction of the season being filmed now, if they are using a TAR 7-like route, that increases the possibility of a finish city east of the Rockies, depending on where teams actually go to after they turn back towards a generally westward direction. I'd be surprised if they have gone to South Africa that it would be the last country before returning to the U.S. unless its headed to a city in the U.S. with direct connections to Johannesburg. And the last I saw a few years ago, that's only a handful.
-- theschnauzers

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #353 on: December 14, 2011, 08:30:41 PM »
Thank you so much for the good info! If this Nepal/Doha thing proves not to be anything, then we could still have a chance. If they are reversing as Apskip points out is possible (and looks reasonable to me), then it would have to have happened already, or not at all. No way to tell unless we get a sighting!

This doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. If they had their first few legs in South America, and then were sighted in Italy, and now possibly Nepal, why would it make sense for them to travel back to the US in a westward fashion? That wouldn't even make a circle... it'd be more like a giant X. Not saying it's impossible, but I don't know... doesn't really seem likely to me... :cmas5

We have two options if we believe Doha is a leg:

Either they reverse and head back towards ?? and an east coast finish, or they continue onwards to one more leg in SE Asia somewhere and head towards a West coast finish...we are running out of time.

I stil want Ilocos so will hold out  hope for that, but this is a coin toss.

My guess is Doha is Leg 10...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

paldog123456

« Reply #354 on: December 14, 2011, 09:31:57 PM »
Starting Saturday, I will be free from exams! If there are any reports of TAR going to Detroit or Chicago, give me a PM! (I can go to Ohio, too, but there isn't much there...).

My gut feeling is, though, that they are finishing in New York. They started there in TAR 1, so they should end there in TAR 20.

Offline redwings8831

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #355 on: December 14, 2011, 09:33:41 PM »
Starting Saturday, I will be free from exams! If there are any reports of TAR going to Detroit or Chicago, give me a PM! (I can go to Ohio, too, but there isn't much there...).

There is nothing there.

paldog123456

« Reply #356 on: December 14, 2011, 09:36:02 PM »

There is nothing there.

:cmaslol Totally agree! Michiganders! :xmas110

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #357 on: December 14, 2011, 09:37:14 PM »
if we end nc i could try see

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #358 on: December 15, 2011, 04:06:48 AM »
ZOMG, it really sounds like Mongolia!

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #359 on: December 15, 2011, 04:14:16 AM »
Well the Tweeter said he saw Brenchel on his flight TO Beijing, so how did they know they were heading onwards to Mongolia? Would Brenchel really have told them the truth about their final destination?

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #360 on: December 15, 2011, 04:16:24 AM »
Well the Tweeter said he saw Brenchel on his flight TO Beijing, so how did they know they were heading onwards to Mongolia? Would Brenchel really have told them the truth about their final destination?

The Plane could transit in beijing in order to continue to mongolia, need help for the flight schedule.. :)
TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #361 on: December 15, 2011, 04:18:21 AM »

The Plane could transit in beijing in order to continue to mongolia, need help for the flight schedule.. :)

I believe there's only three flights from Beijing to Ulanbataar (the only International airport in Mongolia) today:
1.10am, 10.50am, 11.55am, where the time right now is 6.18pm.

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #362 on: December 15, 2011, 04:22:34 AM »
We believe the Tweeter was on a flight from Qatar to Beijing. The only flight today was Qatar Airways 898 Dep:0205 Arr: 1440.

After 1440, there are no more flights to Mongolia, so I'm suspecting our Tweeter was misled.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #363 on: December 15, 2011, 04:22:57 AM »
This is one of the most unusual routes I've ever seen:

Europe -> Nepal -> Qatar -> China/Mongolia

There seems to be a lot of backtracking. :cmas30:

I hope all of this is true, though! :cmas16
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #364 on: December 15, 2011, 04:25:03 AM »

I believe there's only three flights from Beijing to Ulanbataar (the only International airport in Mongolia) today:
1.10am, 10.50am, 11.55am, where the time right now is 6.18pm.

and now... he mention Brendon!

pjmurcj Priscilla Jean Murcj
@RachelEReilly @brendonvbb12 All the best for your documentary in Mongolia Brenchel :) till we meet again
2 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

My spec' is that the time difference between those three flights could be perfect for teams to run and rush for a layover..but again the arrival time makes it effortless... :(

about the routes how about Europe-->Middle East-->East Asia...?

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #365 on: December 15, 2011, 04:27:01 AM »
I don't trust the Qatar info. It just doesn't sound feasible at all.  :cmas5

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #366 on: December 15, 2011, 04:31:10 AM »
I don't trust the Qatar info. It just doesn't sound feasible at all.  :cmas5

I didn't either, but one person claims to have seen them in the Qatar Airport, and now another person claims they were on the flight from Qatar to China.

It's possible it is a coincidence, or someone is planting a false lead, but the two stories seem to correspond well... :cmas5

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #367 on: December 15, 2011, 04:32:40 AM »
So confused by our two recent sightings..

We have a Tweeter that saw teams arriving from Kathmandu into Doha at around 3pm-ish on the 14th.

We have a Tweeter that was on a plane with teams from Doha to Beijing which departed at 2am on the 15th.

That's not even 12 hours! Not long enough for a leg, but a long long time to wait for a connection. But I would have thought there'd be much quicker connections than flying all the way back to Qatar and waiting for 12 hours..

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #368 on: December 15, 2011, 04:36:24 AM »
So confused by our two recent sightings..

We have a Tweeter that saw teams arriving from Kathmandu into Doha at around 3pm-ish on the 14th.

We have a Tweeter that was on a plane with teams from Doha to Beijing which departed at 2am on the 15th.

That's not even 12 hours! Not long enough for a leg, but a long long time to wait for a connection. But I would have thought there'd be much quicker connections than flying all the way back to Qatar and waiting for 12 hours..

Actually Dom El, these kind of case ever happened in previous season where teams have to fly all the way up to France(europe) from Southern part of Africa just to go to Northern part of Africa... (forgot which season..)

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #369 on: December 15, 2011, 04:41:40 AM »
right now Mongolia seems the most feasible seeing as there was multiple tweeters, but still that's practically no information.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #370 on: December 15, 2011, 04:57:06 AM »
This is going to be quite difficult to determine which ones are real, especially with ZouLy's great find about Durban, South Africa. :cmas16 :gj: :yourock:

I wonder if the South African Tweeter has any pictures? We know the one on the plane doesn't. :umn:

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #371 on: December 15, 2011, 05:01:57 AM »
This is going to be quite difficult to determine which ones are real, especially with ZouLy's great find about Durban, South Africa. :cmas16 :gj: :yourock:

I wonder if the South African Tweeter has any pictures? We know the one on the plane doesn't. :umn:

The South African one doesn't really sound like a sighting.. I think she's saying her friend's boyfriend saw 'foreigners running with back packs', whereas it sounds like the Beijing guy definitely saw and spoke to Brenchel.

But bear in mind, they might already be eliminated and are now flying back to the States for the season finale.. Beijing has connecting flights to quite a few US cities.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #372 on: December 15, 2011, 05:07:35 AM »

The South African one doesn't really sound like a sighting.. I think she's saying her friend's boyfriend saw 'foreigners running with back packs', whereas it sounds like the Beijing guy definitely saw and spoke to Brenchel.

But bear in mind, they might already be eliminated and are now flying back to the States for the season finale.. Beijing has connecting flights to quite a few US cities.

True, that could also be another alternative. Perhaps they were eliminated in Qatar and they are flying to the States via Beijing (completely speculation). That could also mean that the remaining teams aren't turning around again to go back to Asia. :cmas5

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #373 on: December 15, 2011, 05:08:39 AM »

True :) , but what about his confession that Rachel talked to him her plan to go to Mongol :

@RachelEReilly All the best for your documentary in Mongolia Brenchel :) till we meet again
36 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

@unamedxx I didn't take any pictures as they requested not to. they were filming a travel documentary
14 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #374 on: December 15, 2011, 05:18:24 AM »
True :) , but what about his confession that Rachel talked to him her plan to go to Mongol :

I'd be surprised if she was telling the truth! I think racers are instructed to try and throw people off the scent so there's less likely to be spoilers..

And also, I don't think there are any flights to Mongolia that leave after the only Doha flight landed at Beijing.