Author Topic: TAR 20 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**  (Read 373912 times)

Offline selfeviction

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 20 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**
« Reply #325 on: December 13, 2011, 10:06:28 PM »
idk if someone already posted it :

@seoooong ∞ Ifnt7 Umie ●_●
The Amazing race now, they are heading to South Korea.. TEEEHEEE! :D
16 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

nvm, i think everyone there are watching TARA-4.. :(
OR TAR 17

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #326 on: December 13, 2011, 10:14:40 PM »
these is fun no tar20 spoiler mabye their in nepal

DavidJunior

« Reply #327 on: December 14, 2011, 01:32:30 AM »
Should we be expecting teams to be heading back into the States this weekend? Saturday the 17th would be the 21st full day of filming

or do we think that they will be back sooner/later than that?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #328 on: December 14, 2011, 05:40:38 AM »
I also am spec'ing that the race will end soon...the 16th-18th seems reasonable.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #329 on: December 14, 2011, 07:17:40 AM »
just found this tweet :

@MarieDeviNair  - Marie Nair
pretty sure I saw what looked like Amazing Race or those round the world challenge things just run past me.
10 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

She's from India and looks like she's on her travel schedule from her previous tweet, anyone wanted to inspect??

Good catch!

The tweet she sent 25 minutes before that one was

MarieDeviNair Marie Nair
Given the luxury of the Qatar coach cabins, I must say the Doha Terminal is... a disappointment
37 minutes ago

Which suggests she's in Qatar. However, she just now tweeted

@ArundhatiSV noo sweetie... not on my flight. they arrived from katmandu :) arrival gate bside mine!!!

I sure hope that's TAR returning from Katmandu. That would be fantastic!

This should be in the live sightings thread. I'll cross post my reply over there.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 07:23:25 AM by Plaidmoon »

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #330 on: December 14, 2011, 07:23:00 AM »
But why would they be flying from Katmandu to Qatar? That is a major step in the wrong direction!

(I wonder if peach has ever had to move anything TO live sightings :lol3:)
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #331 on: December 14, 2011, 07:27:30 AM »
The woman tweeting is apparently from Mumbai. She may have seen them arriving in Mumbai from Katmandu. Her earlier tweet may have been about her layover in Doha airport on the way to Mumbai. That's my theory anyway and it makes more sense.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #332 on: December 14, 2011, 07:28:24 AM »
(I wonder if peach has ever had to move anything TO live sightings :lol3:)

There's a first time for everything! :cmaslol
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #333 on: December 14, 2011, 07:29:49 AM »
just found this tweet :

@MarieDeviNair  - Marie Nair
pretty sure I saw what looked like Amazing Race or those round the world challenge things just run past me.
10 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

She's from India and looks like she's on her travel schedule from her previous tweet, anyone wanted to inspect??

Good catch!

The tweet she sent 25 minutes before that one was

MarieDeviNair Marie Nair
Given the luxury of the Qatar coach cabins, I must say the Doha Terminal is... a disappointment
37 minutes ago

However she just now tweeted

@ArundhatiSV noo sweetie... not on my flight. they arrived from katmandu :) arrival gate bside mine!!!

I sure hope that's TAR returning from Katmandu.

Wow, that would be fantastic. But they're going the wrong way! Maybe we're seeing a return of the full circle! Either that or it's a big diversion for a connection.

Nepal makes perfect sense. If indeed it was the country that was scrapped at the last minute for TAR19, CBS wouldn't just let their money go to waste. It's surely guaranteed to be visited this season.

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #334 on: December 14, 2011, 07:31:50 AM »
The woman tweeting is apparently from Mumbai. She may have seen them arriving in Mumbai from Katmandu. Her earlier tweet may have been about her layover in Doha airport on the way to Mumbai. That's my theory anyway and it makes more sense.

I think its Doha. A flight landed from Kathmandu exactly five minutes before she Tweeted.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #335 on: December 14, 2011, 07:33:09 AM »
Wow, that would be fantastic. But they're going the wrong way! Maybe we're seeing a return of the full circle! Either that or it's a big diversion for a connection.

Nepal makes perfect sense. If indeed it was the country that was scrapped at the last minute for TAR19, CBS wouldn't just let their money go to waste. It's surely guaranteed to be visited this season.

I think so too Dom. Maybe they will have a leg in Qatar then go to Africa and back to America.

I don't know about your theory Plaidmoon. The tweets were only twenty minutes apart and a flight just arrived from Kathmandu at Dopa an hour ago.

ETA: I don't see any flights from Kathmandu to Mumbai.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 07:37:35 AM by Prophet »
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #336 on: December 14, 2011, 07:41:54 AM »

I think so too Dom. Maybe they will have a leg in Qatar then go to Africa and back to America.

I don't know about your theory Plaidmoon. The tweets were only twenty minutes apart and a flight just arrived from Kathmandu at Dopa an hour ago.

ETA: I don't see any flights from Kathmandu to Mumbai.

Well, if a flight just arrived in Doha from Katmandu, then that probably settles it. I was thinking she was tweeting about the Doha airport after she arrived in Mumbai, but if she was back home, why would she hang around the airport tweeting?

For what it's worth, I did see this tweet earlier:

maxakero Mfumo Bamuza
Is there amazing race here in South Africa?
4 hours ago

At the time I figured it was asking about TAR being on TV as he was tweeting every few minutes for hours and some of it seemed to be about what was on his TV, but maybe he went outside for a while and saw something being set up. Or Phil. The guy was in Diepkloof, near Johannesburg.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 08:18:05 AM by Plaidmoon »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #337 on: December 14, 2011, 08:14:08 AM »
(QR) Qatar Airways 353

(KTM) Kathmandu, NP to (DOH) Doha, QA
Landed - On-time
Last change to status 69 minutes ago DEPARTURE  ARRIVAL 
Scheduled Departure: Scheduled Arrival:
12:55 PM - Wed 14-Dec-2011  3:35 PM - Wed 14-Dec-2011 
Actual Departure:  Actual Arrival: 
12:49 PM - Wed 14-Dec-2011  3:48 PM - Wed 14-Dec-2011 

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #338 on: December 14, 2011, 08:15:03 AM »
Dom...just to be clear.

Nepal was NOT the lost TAR 19 leg, it was LAOS.

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #339 on: December 14, 2011, 08:15:37 AM »
Good job everyone, keep your eyes open!!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #340 on: December 14, 2011, 08:17:22 AM »
Dom...just to be clear.

Oh wow! I guess that makes a lot more sense logistically. Thanks for the info  :cmas16

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #341 on: December 14, 2011, 08:19:00 AM »
Looks like PHIL FINALLY got his wish to go to Nepal!! :jumpy:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #342 on: December 14, 2011, 08:19:17 AM »
I'm pretty much sure that everybody already expected Kathmandu.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #343 on: December 14, 2011, 08:43:21 AM »
I'm pretty much sure that everybody already expected Kathmandu.

Big difference between HOPE>>EXPECT>> and ACTUAL!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #344 on: December 14, 2011, 08:51:13 AM »
What we are seeing is the probability that AR20 is going on a course similar to AR7, turning back westward after not quite halfway after starting southward and then eastward. The only race other than AR7 to not attempt a circumnavigation was AR8 and that was due to planned attitude to take it easy on the children.

Why do I project a continuation of the westward move from Katmandu to Doha? Simple distance factors is the answer. From Doha to New York City is 6700 miles. From Doha to east Asia (I pick Hong Kong for a relatively shortest route to the west coast of the U.S. it is 4000, but from Hong Kong to LAX is another 7300 miles. That totals 11,300 miles, almost double what the westward route takes (note - my world distance calculator doesn't say, but I used the same one for all distances and I think it is in nautical miles).

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #345 on: December 14, 2011, 09:04:04 AM »
I think it will be very interesting to see TAR20 not circumnavigate the globe. It hasn't been done for such a long time that it will be rather interesting to see something different after the last few seasons.

Furthermore, assuming both Nepal and Qatar are true, that brings us to 3 countries on TAR20 that have never hosted a leg before! :cmas16
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline EagleSpirit0

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #346 on: December 14, 2011, 10:21:43 AM »
Hello Peach [et al],

I'm a huge fan of your community, and just wanted to contribute my two cents re:  the revelation that Laos was the country skipped over last time.  I have been doing PhD research/Fulbright Grant in Laos for about four months now (in Luang Phabang) and it is highly unlikely that they used the country this time around (although I hope to be corrected!).  If they came here, they most likely would go to Vientiane or Luang Phabang--I would have no way if they went to Vientiane.  However, this month in Laos is the tourist high season, and given the adversity (and lack of sightings/paucity of obvious locations to place clue boxes) of TAR to attract attention, it doesn't seem likely they were here.  Furthermore, this month in Luang Phabang was an international film festival and the Lao National Games are going on.  While this would make for an EXCELLENT clue/route info task, the city is literally flooded with people, infrastructure is totally clogged, and all around, the city is burgeoning to its breeches with outsiders.  I'm hoping I'm proven wrong (and I get to see the city I've lived on and off in for two years on TV!), but, it might have to wait to another cycle. :(

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #347 on: December 14, 2011, 10:29:43 AM »
Dom...just to be clear.

News to me! (and probably others) Any word why?

And Qatar? I think maybe the race went from somewhere to Nepal and now Mumbai.

There is NO evidence that our twiiterer was on the way to Mumbai yet. It could be, as that is her home,  but she is also commenting on the Doha terminal, and the flights work.

And I can only say stuff so often? :lol:
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,25525.msg674870.html#msg674870
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #348 on: December 14, 2011, 10:39:30 AM »
Hello Peach [et al],

I'm a huge fan of your community, and just wanted to contribute my two cents re:  the revelation that Laos was the country skipped over last time.  I have been doing PhD research/Fulbright Grant in Laos for about four months now (in Luang Phabang) and it is highly unlikely that they used the country this time around (although I hope to be corrected!).  If they came here, they most likely would go to Vientiane or Luang Phabang--I would have no way if they went to Vientiane.  However, this month in Laos is the tourist high season, and given the adversity (and lack of sightings/paucity of obvious locations to place clue boxes) of TAR to attract attention, it doesn't seem likely they were here.  Furthermore, this month in Luang Phabang was an international film festival and the Lao National Games are going on.  While this would make for an EXCELLENT clue/route info task, the city is literally flooded with people, infrastructure is totally clogged, and all around, the city is burgeoning to its breeches with outsiders.  I'm hoping I'm proven wrong (and I get to see the city I've lived on and off in for two years on TV!), but, it might have to wait to another cycle. :(

:bigwelcome to RFF, EagleSpirit0!

We were hoping to see our missing 19 leg again, but then again I am still waiting for my lost Tanzanian season 11 leg. :lol:

Thank you so much for the good info! If this Nepal/Doha thing proves not to be anything, then we could still have a chance. If they are reversing as Apskip points out is possible (and looks reasonable to me), then it would have to have happened already, or not at all. No way to tell unless we get a sighting!

But please stay around, if and when they go again we would LOVE your expertise!!

I don't know if crowds are considered a plus or a minus at this point.

I never would have thought they would have done Christmas Markets, or other crowded places, but perhaps they think of it as camoflage?? :duno:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #349 on: December 14, 2011, 10:55:23 AM »
so do you thik loas will be  vist again