Author Topic: TAR 20 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**  (Read 374018 times)

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
Re: TAR 20 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**
« Reply #300 on: December 09, 2011, 05:02:16 AM »
Spec only.

China hasn't been visited in a while. Yesterday, I was watching TV and there was a piece of news that talked about Yiwu, China.

It's a city built for markets and such, and now there are 160K different companies in there. It's the heart of China in business terms.

The report was about the Christmas decoration, all sort of products for christmas, and the exportation to loooots of countries. I think that could make a good leg in December, maybe?

Offline docol

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Can't wait 4 "The Amazing Race" 35...!!!!!!!!
« Reply #301 on: December 09, 2011, 07:06:04 AM »
Spec only.

China hasn't been visited in a while.

actually, Unfinished Business went to China.....and that was last season!
"" JUSTICE 4 DUSTIN&KANDICE: PUT THEM ON THE AMAZING RACE LEGENDS SEASON ""

Offline topaz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #302 on: December 09, 2011, 07:33:10 AM »

jhoenshell5 James Hoenshell
@
@d0cc0l they were on my flight from bahrain to new delhi. that wasn't their final destination though, they had a connecting flight
2 hours ago

If this is true, then:
Bahrain???? Could it be that one leg took place there? And also..New Delhi???? So soon? This is supposed to be like leg 5 or 6 isn't? No Africa this season?

Here's hoping this tweet is fake.
Maybe, but if Bahrain and New Delhi was just a connecting flights from Turin, Italy, then probably they're racing right now either in Nepal, Bhutan or even worst since season 1 and keeps repeating, India. :cmas18 just a spec. :cmas5

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #303 on: December 09, 2011, 07:34:15 AM »

jhoenshell5 James Hoenshell
@
@d0cc0l they were on my flight from bahrain to new delhi. that wasn't their final destination though, they had a connecting flight
2 hours ago

If this is true, then:
Bahrain???? Could it be that one leg took place there? And also..New Delhi???? So soon? This is supposed to be like leg 5 or 6 isn't? No Africa this season?

Here's hoping this tweet is fake.
Maybe, but if Bahrain and New Delhi was just a connecting flights from Turin, Italy, then probably they're racing right now either in Nepal, Bhutan or even worst since season 1 and keeps repeating, India. :cmas18 just a spec. :cmas5

will phil say he real real real real want go to nepal

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #304 on: December 09, 2011, 09:52:43 AM »
It's possible since I do not believe teams would fly to Rome solely to connect to Torino.

Is it possible for that to have happened? Suppose they were flying from the location of leg 4 which does not have a direct flight into Turin?
I think you missed the point of my earlier post, leafsfan. It is that Milan provides all the airports much closer to Torino that are needed. It is possible that flights could connect in Rome, but unlikely in my judgment. That means that the sighting of team in Rome airport would have to be for a leg in the Rome area, possibly a TBC leg.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 09:56:26 AM by apskip »

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #305 on: December 09, 2011, 10:00:08 AM »
See AR20 Transport thread, where I should have originally posted what I did here.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #306 on: December 09, 2011, 03:15:36 PM »
Depends on where they are coming frm right?. It appears that the airport sighting in Rome IS the same day as the Turin sighting, so had ti be a connection.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #307 on: December 09, 2011, 04:14:09 PM »
Peach:

You had stated "From here on out let's put all transport related posts here please...it makes it MUCH simpler to find stuff later!", but I am game to discuss those here. The prior indications are that teams flew across "the pond" to either Frankfurt or to Munich from Sao Paulo. So, why would teams headed for Torino connect through Rome when they could easily go nonstop to Torino?

From Frankfurt the logical flights to reach Torino are these Lufthansa nonstops:
LH296 0750 0910
LH300 1225 1345
LH304 2125 2245

From Munich, the logical flights to reach Torino are these Lufthansa nonstops:
LH1894 0635 0800
LH1892 1055 1235
LH1890 1450 1630
LH1900 1700 1840
LH1984 2115 2255

I always believe that "sightings" that conflict with the logical way of doing things are either inaccurate or at best routes used by teams that could not qualify for the best flights.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #308 on: December 09, 2011, 09:20:33 PM »
The prior indications are that teams flew across "the pond" to either Frankfurt or to Munich from Sao Paulo. So, why would teams headed for Torino connect through Rome when they could easily go nonstop to Torino?

I don't know WHY, but it appears they did, so let's take a look at that?
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #309 on: December 09, 2011, 10:02:49 PM »
I don't think we can assume that teams flew to Frankfurt at all!

This assumption was made because:
1. Production was seen flying to Munich.
2. The only other flight to Germany that night (for the teams) was to Frankfurt.

But it could very well be that production was skipping ahead to Leg Five - Turin:
Asuncion to Ciudad del Este: 2 Dec 1120-1200, to Sao Paulo 1220-1500;
to Munich 1715-0800, to Turin 1055-1235

Which means teams could have been trying to go somewhere completely different for Leg Four.

=====

Looks like the Kiwi poster was on AR 1182, leaving Buenos Aires at 2.30am on the morning of the 28th.

The Miami connections arrive in Buenos Aires at 8.24pm (Aerolineas Argentinas) and 9.56pm (American Airlines). Aeromexico via Mexico City arrived at 8.49pm. All are too early for her departure, unless she arrived at the airport reeally early?

Or TPTB booked teams onto this really late connection:
CM 303 from Los Angeles to Panama City, 27 Dec 0058-1028
CM 363 from Panama City to Buenos Aires, 1546-0056

Note that Buenos Aires-Salta flights leave from AEP, not EZE.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 11:19:56 PM by Neobie »

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #310 on: December 10, 2011, 08:46:28 AM »
Saw this on Twitter from @indietravel:

Like The Amazing Race? They raced by us the other day! Here's a video - http://ow.ly/7THZq #TAR #amazingrace
1 hour ago

The video linked shows a F/F (a blonde and a brunette) team wearing blue.

The person on twitter didn't specify where they were when they caught that clip.  Not sure if it's TAR 20 or TAR Australia, if anything.

This is their post from Facebook:
Looks like we caught a sneak-peak of this season's The Amazing Race at the airport last week! I don't know if they wanted to make it onto our flight, but we didn't see them on board.

Based on their blog it seems they were in south America recently?

http://indietravelpodcast.com/

Don't know if I'm saying something completely obvious or not, but isn't this the same person who created a thread here and posted the same video? (the user indietravel) :cmas30:

If so, he/she said that this was Ezeiza International Airport, which is in Buenos Aires if I am not mistaken. :cmas16

P.S. My apologies if this is in the wrong place. :kisses
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #311 on: December 10, 2011, 09:05:16 AM »
Neobie,

Let's leave the Munich vs. Frankfurt issue aside. I would like to know how you rationalize time available for a leg between Asuncion and Torino when our TIMELINE thread states that Asuncion was Dec. 2/3 and Torino Dec. 4?

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #312 on: December 10, 2011, 09:15:52 AM »
Neobie,

Let's leave the Munich vs. Frankfurt issue aside. I would like to know how you rationalize time available for a leg between Asuncion and Torino when our TIMELINE thread states that Asuncion was Dec. 2/3 and Torino Dec. 4?

We know the Asuncion Leg ended on December 1st. docol saw teams at Asuncion Airport on the 2nd, which would indicate an overnight flight across the Atlantic, so we would assume that leg would end on the 3rd. The destination of this leg is still unknown. Then the Torino Leg is assumed to have started as well as finished on the 4th.

Offline amazinglatinoamericafan

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #313 on: December 10, 2011, 03:19:06 PM »
hy in the spoiler of tar aussie there is are tweet from a chinese person that said that they saw teams in a race come be tar usa? or is tar aussie? :cmas17

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #314 on: December 10, 2011, 03:27:33 PM »
Dom El,

Let me quote from an astute observer:
"Re: TAR 20 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**
« Reply #298 on: December 04, 2011, 08:18:32 AM »

With a Paraguay leg on the 1st, a night flight to Europe on the 2nd to the 3rd and a suspected leg in Germany, could we really have a leg  in Italy on the 4th as well? It just seems too fast."

Guess what: You wrote that! I don't buy your Germany leg, but that is when a Torino leg should have happened.

Maybe it was an extended pit stop (I would have one soon after a transAtlantic overnight flight if I were designing the race).

Note - I have deleted a section that Peach believes has no support since I cannot find that support (for a sighting at a Torino hotel) anywhere on our AR20 threads.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 12:25:33 PM by apskip »

paldog123456

« Reply #315 on: December 10, 2011, 07:01:10 PM »
hy in the spoiler of tar aussie there is are tweet from a chinese person that said that they saw teams in a race come be tar usa? or is tar aussie? :cmas17

TARAUS :cmas16

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #316 on: December 10, 2011, 09:55:46 PM »
Dom El,

Let me quote from an astute observer:
"Re: TAR 20 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**
« Reply #298 on: December 04, 2011, 08:18:32 AM »

With a Paraguay leg on the 1st, a night flight to Europe on the 2nd to the 3rd and a suspected leg in Germany, could we really have a leg  in Italy on the 4th as well? It just seems too fast."

Guess what: You wrote that! I don't buy your Germany leg, but that is when a Torino leg should have happened.

Others have noted that LH1842 leaving Munich at 0945 (ample connect time from 0815 arrival of the trans-Atlantic flight from GRU) and arriving Torino 1113 was the one that a tweet referred to. if so, then why wouldn't the teams have hit the ground running on late morning of Saturday Dec. 3? They would then check in where they were spotted at a Torino hotel that evening and maybe it was an extended pit stop (I would have one soon after a transAtlantic overnight flight if I were designing the race).

Thank you for your typical condescending response, but I'm not sure I see your point. I was initially sceptical that we could have 3 legs in 2 continents in just 4 days, but this does seem to be what has happened.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe it was the 4th that teams were spotted checking-in in Torino, not the 3rd. If it was the 3rd then we certainly don't have time for a leg between Paraguay and Italy.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #317 on: December 11, 2011, 07:43:25 AM »
They would then check in where they were spotted at a Torino hotel that evening and maybe it was an extended pit stop (I would have one soon after a transAtlantic overnight flight if I were designing the race).

Where did this come from please? I did not see anything about being spotted in a hotel in Turin...can you link me to it please?
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #318 on: December 11, 2011, 12:36:53 PM »
Peach:

I went back to what posts caused me to conclude that there was a checkin in Torino. Teams were not seen at a hotel; they were seen checking in to the pit stop. In fact, here is the post about that:

Offline georgiapeach

Amazing Race Moderator
    RFF Moderator
    I Live at RFF

Re: Amazing Race 20 LIVE Sightings! Tweets Go here please! **read post 1**
« Reply #158 on: December 08, 2011, 05:32:10 AM »

More to come but we now know TEAMS also were seen checikng in 12/4.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #319 on: December 11, 2011, 10:02:51 PM »
 :cmas5
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #320 on: December 12, 2011, 04:40:48 PM »
I found it!  :xmas146
http://j-travel.blogspot.com/2011/11/another-visit-to-babi-guling-warung-ibu.html

There was also a media shooting during our visit. Ya...the Famous Babi Guling at Bali Island! by well J-travel.blogspot as ready.

LoveRocked posted this in the TARAUS live sightings. Does it have any relevance to this Race? :duno:
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #321 on: December 12, 2011, 04:43:01 PM »
I found it!  :xmas146
http://j-travel.blogspot.com/2011/11/another-visit-to-babi-guling-warung-ibu.html

There was also a media shooting during our visit. Ya...the Famous Babi Guling at Bali Island! by well J-travel.blogspot as ready.

LoveRocked posted this in the TARAUS live sightings. Does it have any relevance to this Race? :duno:

The blog post is dated in late November, and the photo was supposedly taken in May, so I'd guess not.. It could be anything filming!

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #322 on: December 12, 2011, 04:43:43 PM »
Oh my bad! :lol: :-[
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #323 on: December 13, 2011, 02:08:39 AM »

« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 05:02:11 AM by ZouLy »
TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #324 on: December 13, 2011, 02:12:20 AM »