Author Topic: TAR 20 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**  (Read 373151 times)

Offline maxen

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 20 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**
« Reply #125 on: November 28, 2011, 03:01:38 PM »
From our experience in TARLA i can tell a leg in Argentina is possible, we had 3 legs there, two of those legs were in Buenos Aires and not a single tweet.  :lol:

Offline Lucybell

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #126 on: November 28, 2011, 04:01:41 PM »
So am I, does anyone know ANYTHING about where they are/have been/ are going?...

I am sure someone knows...

Offline docol

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Can't wait 4 "The Amazing Race" 35...!!!!!!!!
« Reply #127 on: November 28, 2011, 05:20:23 PM »
it makes me sad that it's day 3 and we don't have any sights besides the ones from LAX...  :'( :'(
"" JUSTICE 4 DUSTIN&KANDICE: PUT THEM ON THE AMAZING RACE LEGENDS SEASON ""

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #128 on: November 28, 2011, 05:22:42 PM »
My assumption was that they performed a leg in Buenos Aires which had to have been completed before Phil did his live chat on Twitter during TAR last night.

As what we think we may have figured out, the flights to Buenos Aires arrived yesterday, so we could think there was an overnight point, so the leg could have been done today (about 10 hours ago?). Could Leg 2 be beginning in a few hours?

Offline maxen

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #129 on: November 28, 2011, 05:46:32 PM »
Remember ... near Buenos Aires (and in all Argentina), is full of Estancias, maybe there is one called Estancia Asuncion  :lol:. What i want to say is that they probably went to the country side so the first leg ended out of the city.

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #130 on: November 28, 2011, 05:53:01 PM »
Remember ... near Buenos Aires (and in all Argentina), is full of Estancias, maybe there is one called Estancia Asuncion  :lol:. What i want to say is that they probably went to the country side so the first leg ended out of the city.

What about a leg in Montevideo? No sightings at all, we know, but it's only aboout 100 miles apart from Buenos Aires. Argentina countryside or minor cities could be another possibility, though.

Has TAR ever made 2 consecutive legs in the same CITY (not only same country but same city)? I don't think so...

Offline maxen

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #131 on: November 28, 2011, 05:59:34 PM »

What about a leg in Montevideo? No sightings at all, we know, but it's only aboout 100 miles apart from Buenos Aires. Argentina countryside or minor cities could be another possibility, though.

Has TAR ever made 2 consecutive legs in the same CITY (not only same country but same city)? I don't think so...

Yeah Montevideo is another strong possibility for a city with no sightings, Colonia del Sacramento in Uruguay too. The first leg of TAR 5 was all about Punta del Este, so another visit to Uruguay could be really cool.

Two legs in the same city???

I think Shanghai in TAR 16??... St. Petersburg in TAR 17??... Prague in TAR 15??.. Zermatt in TAR 18??   :duno:
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 06:05:02 PM by maxen »

Offline topaz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #132 on: November 28, 2011, 11:02:23 PM »
for now, this could be the current legs for TAR 20:

starting leg: Los Angeles (again)
Leg 1: Belize
Leg 2: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Leg 3-4: Brazil

...and probably on leg 5-8 they're going to Europe and/or Africa before heading towards to Asia for the last 3 legs and heading back to US.  :duno:

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #133 on: November 28, 2011, 11:20:18 PM »

...and probably on leg 5-8 they're going to Europe and/or Africa before heading towards to Asia for the last 3 legs and heading back to US.  :duno:
I think no Belize,1st leg should be Buenos Aires, Argentina...

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #134 on: November 29, 2011, 04:51:12 AM »

NO. When you are SPEC'ing please say so, or your info may confuse someone.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Harry4

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #135 on: November 29, 2011, 05:58:26 AM »
 :duno:

This is just a spec, maybe they are in Australia somewhere.

They will show up eventually, they are really well hidden this time around.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #136 on: November 29, 2011, 06:06:51 AM »
If you guys are believing in south Brazil i can go to the Salgado Filho Airport,in Porto Alegre see if i can see anything...it's just about 3 hours away from here!  :yess:
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #137 on: November 29, 2011, 07:09:03 AM »
If you guys are believing in south Brazil i can go to the Salgado Filho Airport,in Porto Alegre see if i can see anything...it's just about 3 hours away from here!  :yess:

sweet dont it three hours

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #138 on: November 29, 2011, 07:11:51 AM »
Give it a look on the live sighting's,i think that they could come!!

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #139 on: November 29, 2011, 07:13:28 AM »
Give it a look on the live sighting's,i think that they could come!!

you should start drive now hurry could be second leg

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #140 on: November 29, 2011, 07:21:46 AM »
If this sighting turns out to be genuine, it is likely to be Leg Two. If you search for flights between LAX and Fortaleza on American Airlines, it returns routes that fly through Miami and then either Sao Paulo or Brasilia. One of those two cities could be our missing link, as I doubt teams would take three flights on the first leg. Really clutching at straws here..

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #141 on: November 29, 2011, 07:25:12 AM »
so brazil again it became next china

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #142 on: November 29, 2011, 09:00:34 AM »
I already now vitoroseriestv,but he must know me as Pilha.  :lol3:

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #143 on: November 29, 2011, 11:46:34 AM »
Welcome, vitoroseriestv! I have no trouble understanding your English.

I'm glad to see that we have people that are native speakers of Spanish and Portuguese and that have knowledge of the area looking at these tweets and giving their opinions. I was concerned that one of them might be true and I was too quick to dismiss them. I'm glad to hear that you mostly agree with my thoughts.

I have no doubt that the guy that accused me of stalking is fake since I've only sent one tweet since the race started (and another responding to the stalking accusation). The only way he could know I was following tweets about The Amazing Race was if he was lurking here. I've only heard the stalking accusation against this board in a couple of places. I have my suspicions about where the person making the accusations came from but I have no proof, so I'll just keep my ideas about this to myself.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #144 on: November 29, 2011, 11:51:36 AM »

I'm glad to see that we have people that are native speakers of Spanish and Portuguese and that have knowledge of the area looking at these tweets and giving their opinions. I was concerned that one of them might be true and I was too quick to dismiss them. I'm glad to hear that you mostly agree with my thoughts.

I have no doubt that the guy that accused me of stalking is fake since I've only sent one tweet since the race started (and another responding to the stalking accusation). The only way he could know I was following tweets about The Amazing Race was if he was lurking here. I've only heard the stalking accusation against this board in a couple of places. I have my suspicions about where the person making the accusations came from but I have no proof, so I'll just keep my ideas about this to myself.

First, sorry about my english, this is one of the motives that I'm not participative here  :'(

but I've been reading this forum has some years and never was able to help with nothing, but this time I think I am

I'm from brazil and can say that all these portuguese tweets (except the space one, that is the channel wich broadcasts the latin version here) are not written correctly! Looks like someone wrote the phrases on an automatic translate software and tried put it in portuguese

like I'm trying to do to write this message (I can easily understand, but hardly can speak or write in english)

About the spanish tweet saying about Fox do Iguaçu, it's possible because that is a city close about the border (Argentina and Paraguay), but I personally don't believe in it

Hoping this can help you guys

Now that i start thinking,makes sense...the guy only have 6 tweets,and tweet in very BAD portuguese really.But why this guy would do that?

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #145 on: November 29, 2011, 12:01:50 PM »
There are plenty of people on the web that don't like RFF and/or TAR spoiling. Then there is the whole theory about CBS plants...
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #146 on: November 29, 2011, 12:09:12 PM »
Hm,now i understend

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #147 on: November 29, 2011, 12:15:58 PM »

First, sorry about my english, this is one of the motives that I'm not participative here  :'(

but I've been reading this forum has some years and never was able to help with nothing, but this time I think I am

I'm from brazil and can say that all these portuguese tweets (except the space one, that is the channel wich broadcasts the latin version here) are not written correctly! Looks like someone wrote the phrases on an automatic translate software and tried put it in portuguese

like I'm trying to do to write this message (I can easily understand, but hardly can speak or write in english)

About the spanish tweet saying about Fox do Iguaçu, it's possible because that is a city close about the border (Argentina and Paraguay), but I personally don't believe in it

Hoping this can help you guys

Now that i start thinking,makes sense...the guy only have 6 tweets,and tweet in very BAD portuguese really.But why this guy would do that?

That's what gets my suspicions going. Why would someone who has never used Twitter before see the Amazing Race in his city and think that he has to get a Twitter account to tell the world about it? It's possible, but it seems unlikely.

As for why they do it, it's been happening for a few seasons now. There are a few people out there that would like to see us get fooled and be wrong about where the race is going. I don't understand the satisfaction they get out of doing that, but it has been happening, so they must have their reasons. I suppose it's possible that the TAR producers would like to throw us off track, but I think they would do a better job than what we've been seeing the last day or two. I'm fairly certain they would use proper Spanish or Portuguese rather than depending on bad computer language translations.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #148 on: November 29, 2011, 12:18:44 PM »
Yeah,he just created a account to do it...it's actually very impossible that the race goes through a small city like itapipoca too

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #149 on: November 29, 2011, 01:57:32 PM »
Total SPECULATION, but I would love to see a TAR/TARLA crossover.  (Or really TAR with any of the international versions.)