Author Topic: TAR 20 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**  (Read 373860 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 20 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**
« Reply #700 on: February 26, 2012, 01:08:49 PM »
TARFanSurvivor and Zouly,,

Your map shows 9 pinpoints while 12 legs are needed for AR20. You must specify where the extra 3 legs will be to gain confidence that your list of countries is complete. I will agree with you if you say Tanzania, but not for any other country you have pinpointed. I believe there are still 2 unknown countries in AR20, all of them repeats from prior races.

A lot of new info came out of the future episodes promo, that discussion is here:

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,26886.0.html
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #701 on: February 26, 2012, 01:13:27 PM »
This picture is taken 13 minutes after the one with the mystery team: http://www.flickr.com/photos/78286753@N00/6540491345/

All of the other Brenchel pics are taken later than that.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #702 on: February 26, 2012, 03:12:05 PM »
TARFanSurvivor,

Your map shows 9 pinpoints while 12 legs are needed for AR20. You must specify where the extra 3 legs will be to gain confidence that your list of countries is complete. I will agree with you if you say Tanzania, but not for any other country you have pinpointed. I believe there are still 2 unknown countries in AR20, all of them repeats from prior races.
Thanks apskip i think that
Leg 5 is Germany
Leg 6 and 7 is Azerbaijan
Leg 8 is Tanzania
Leg 9 is India
Leg 10 and 11 Japan or maybe 2 legs in Tanzania, i think that Germany and India will only have one leg.
Hope that you like my answar.

TARFanSurvivor,

It's close. 2 legs in Tanzania and 2 in Japan are strong possibilities. I agree that Germany will have only one leg, but who known on India. I really can't envision having 2 legs in Azerbaijan but that it is possibility. Some unknown countries from a list of previously visited countries (South Korea, Thailand, China, Taiwan, Singapore, Vietnam, Oman, Dubai, Sri Lanka, Cambodia are among them) are also possibilities. We have to wait unless some hard evidence clarifies what the final route is.

Offline kirby

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #703 on: February 26, 2012, 03:14:38 PM »
This picture is taken 13 minutes after the one with the mystery team: http://www.flickr.com/photos/78286753@N00/6540491345/

If the time stamps on the photos are correct it means the mystery team (Dave and Rachel) reached the roof first followed by Brenchel with Art and JJ in third.  It also means Brenchel spent almost 50 minutes on the roof.  Long prep times or rooftop challenge?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #704 on: February 26, 2012, 03:58:22 PM »
I really can't envision having 2 legs in Azerbaijan but that it is possibility.

I THINK that Azerbaijan is ONE leg.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #705 on: February 26, 2012, 05:49:39 PM »

If the time stamps on the photos are correct it means the mystery team (Dave and Rachel) reached the roof first followed by Brenchel with Art and JJ in third.  It also means Brenchel spent almost 50 minutes on the roof.  Long prep times or rooftop challenge?

Did we ever get a time stamp from the Art/JJ pics? I can't find the originals.

Offline kirby

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #706 on: February 26, 2012, 11:34:15 PM »
I think Art and JJ are third because of the counterweights and the bright white ropes that you can see in the pic.  After the team passes the rope is gone.  i don't see them in the art JJ pic.  No time stamp needed.

Offline Detoured

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #707 on: February 27, 2012, 12:52:31 AM »

That may or may not be true. From the  the photos we know the following:

1) The timestamps on photos of mystery team (Dave & Rachel?) gives us the best evidence that they were the first to start ascending the cables.

2) Mystery team had one member severely lagging the lead member on the ascent (having covered less than half the distance up the building while the lead member was almost at the top).

3) In the same set of photos, team Brenchel was seen almost at the top of the building just 16 minutes later.

4) Team Brenchel was the only team that the same photographer captured descending the building.

Based on point #2 above, plus point # 3... fact that team Brenchel both were at the top just 16 minutes after the lagging partner of mystery team still had more than half way to go, when combined with point #4, I think it's likely that team Brenchel overtook mystery team on the way up the building and was the first team to both reach the top , and therefore the first team to start descending.

The only thing that doesn't compute in this scenario is that the timestamps of team Brenchel descending are 50 minutes after they were almost at the top while ascending. Why the almost one hour delay between the near end of the ascension and the beginning of the descension?  But on the other hand, why no pictures of the mystery team descending if they were the first team to do so?

I wonder if the photographer could give us more details. I noticed that on the photographer's flicker account page there is button to "send flickrmail" to him. Does anyone here who has a flickr account want to try to "flickrmail" him to see if he can provide more details of what he saw that day?

Offline paridy

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Reality TV Guru
« Reply #708 on: February 27, 2012, 06:49:36 AM »
Do you think it was the same photographer, there were two photographers taking pictures that day, one took Brenchel's pic the other the M/M team? I checked the guy who took Brenchel's pics they were no other pics of any other teams that day unless I am missing something? :umn:

addie

« Reply #709 on: February 27, 2012, 07:36:29 AM »
Leg 4 episode quote is: "Taste your Salami" (Turin, Italy)

So Turin is before Germany :)

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #710 on: February 27, 2012, 07:44:35 AM »
Do you think it was the same photographer, there were two photographers taking pictures that day, one took Brenchel's pic the other the M/M team? I checked the guy who took Brenchel's pics they were no other pics of any other teams that day unless I am missing something? :umn:

I know that bspencer from flickr took the pics of Brenchel and the mystery team and that some guy on Twitter took the pics of Art and JJ.

I wonder if the photographer could give us more details. I noticed that on the photographer's flicker account page there is button to "send flickrmail" to him. Does anyone here who has a flickr account want to try to "flickrmail" him to see if he can provide more details of what he saw that day?

If someone does this, could they post here so that he doesn't get tons of people messaging him :lol:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #711 on: February 27, 2012, 09:42:10 PM »
I think you should talk to peach before messaging anybody on flickr. I'm sure she's already done everything she could.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #712 on: February 28, 2012, 10:28:52 AM »
I think you should talk to peach before messaging anybody on flickr. I'm sure she's already done everything she could.

I was the one who stumbled upon bspencer's pictures and I recall that he was contacted at the time. I wouldn't recommend hitting him with more questions as I'm fairly sure we did that a couple of months back.

Offline BlooperGuy

• RFF Full Member
  • SKRILLEX.....VS.....MOZART!!!!
« Reply #713 on: March 09, 2012, 11:24:04 PM »
You need to quote what you are looking at maybe?? All that seems to not be correct to me. You can do that in speculation, this thread is just for ep 4, where we know they come in first. :tup:

Yeah whoops. Something went wrong. Still, Art and JJ are gone at some point. Probably not this leg, but the next. Foresee double U-turn next leg. Sorry I know you hate me doing this but there's no Episode 5 thread.

Offline cattychic

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #714 on: March 09, 2012, 11:49:05 PM »
You need to quote what you are looking at maybe?? All that seems to not be correct to me. You can do that in speculation, this thread is just for ep 4, where we know they come in first. :tup:

Yeah whoops. Something went wrong. Still, Art and JJ are gone at some point. Probably not this leg, but the next. Foresee double U-turn next leg. Sorry I know you hate me doing this but there's no Episode 5 thread.

Yes I agree , Art & Jj are gone at some point ....................................................After they win the whole damn thing !!

Offline eddiethejet

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #715 on: March 09, 2012, 11:55:22 PM »
why do you assume that art and jj are gone so early?

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #716 on: March 10, 2012, 02:34:41 AM »
 I think   based on clothes matched in Hawaii...Art/JJ made to F3...but it is just spec.

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #717 on: March 10, 2012, 04:35:26 AM »
I think   based on clothes matched in Hawaii...Art/JJ made to F3...but it is just spec.

Leg-3 Curse "usually" made team on Final 3 and get 3rd place or second at its best...
TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #718 on: March 10, 2012, 06:21:40 AM »

And will Brenchel's romance last the season?

Offline selkie

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #719 on: March 10, 2012, 08:40:34 AM »

Some of the mandatory safety briefings for tasks can be quite long, and since they don't make good television, we never see them on screen.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #720 on: March 10, 2012, 08:55:50 AM »

Leg-3 Curse "usually" made team on Final 3 and get 3rd place or second at its best...

also based on their edit, I would spec they are in the F3 as well.

Offline kungfuwomn

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #721 on: March 10, 2012, 11:23:20 AM »
Not just cuz im a fan and i dont follow the other teams if they are twitter or other social media but after following them for over 2 yrs their is just something about them post TAR.Obviously they haven't said anything or hinted how they have done.But i do notice brendon has spent less time on social media and even Rachel is not on that much, i think that it is a way not to accidently tell people if they won.Since post race she has started her new project with her sister now i know she was going to start it,but i would start if i knew i had won a lot money,thats just me?And just other little things like that make me think they won.Now they could just be happy cuz they came in 2nd and had a great time together but just a gut feeling they won.Plus they need the money more then the other two teams i think are in the top 3 since Rachel doesnt have a steady job and Brendon is doing his PHD plus they need to support Benz!

Offline Squall16

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Anything is Possible
« Reply #722 on: March 10, 2012, 11:52:00 AM »
Rachel got a 1,000,000 dollars from Big Brother :/ Out of any of the teams Art/JJ would need it more? Dave/Rachel have military benefits?

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #723 on: March 10, 2012, 12:09:06 PM »
Dave/Rachel have military benefits?

from a broke government :res: :lol:

Offline choroneko

• RFF Full Member
  • It's super effective!
« Reply #724 on: March 10, 2012, 12:16:27 PM »
Rachel got a 1,000,000 dollars from Big Brother :/ Out of any of the teams Art/JJ would need it more? Dave/Rachel have military benefits?

Mark and Bopper & Kerri and Stacey would need the money most of all teams.

I wish there would be 2 legs in Japan, Osaka & Kyoto.
Choroneko used Splash
Natalie & Nadiya | Jaymes & James | Abba & James