Author Topic: TAR 20 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**  (Read 373160 times)

Offline maxen

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 20 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**
« Reply #175 on: December 01, 2011, 11:52:09 AM »
I know we've got a sighting of teams on a plane to Buenos Aires, but I'm struggling to see the logic in it. If teams landed at Miami at half 6 in the morning, they'd likely be on a morning flight, which would get them in late in the evening. I'm sure teams aren't racing in the dark, so there's bound to be an HOO at that time of night. But surely they wouldn't do that on the first leg? It would render having separate flights meaningless.

Unless we really do have a THIRD flight somewhere.

It could work, if upon arrival in Buenos Aires, they'd needed to get sign-up times for the 1st task in the morning.

HOO's, sleep outsides. all very common first leg tactics.

Since we are getting some evidence of a second leg in BA, I am now wondering about an outside BA leg as the first one...this would be a good time for a bus ride somewhere...

And the Salta information???... can we trust that or you think we can't confirm it?

After Argentina i think the possible destinations could be Brazil, maybe Peru, ... mmm Africa?, or maybe New Zeland if they are going to the west direction.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #176 on: December 01, 2011, 12:09:04 PM »
I know we've got a sighting of teams on a plane to Buenos Aires, but I'm struggling to see the logic in it. If teams landed at Miami at half 6 in the morning, they'd likely be on a morning flight, which would get them in late in the evening. I'm sure teams aren't racing in the dark, so there's bound to be an HOO at that time of night. But surely they wouldn't do that on the first leg? It would render having separate flights meaningless.

Unless we really do have a THIRD flight somewhere.

It could work, if upon arrival in Buenos Aires, they'd needed to get sign-up times for the 1st task in the morning.

HOO's, sleep outsides. all very common first leg tactics.

Since we are getting some evidence of a second leg in BA, I am now wondering about an outside BA leg as the first one...this would be a good time for a bus ride somewhere...

And the Salta information???... can we trust that or you think we can't confirm it?

After Argentina i think the possible destinations could be Brazil, maybe Peru, ... mmm Africa?, or maybe New Zeland if they are going to the west direction.

I like the idea of a visit to Salta. It looks like a place TAR would go to. Confirming Salta will be difficult, but I'll keep checking into it. The woman (who seems to be genuine) that tweeted about the Amazing Race being in Salta made a later tweet saying

Make one little tweet about Amazing Race and get all kinds of spam.

So, I expect she won't be willing to elaborate further.  :(

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #177 on: December 01, 2011, 12:13:52 PM »
I like Salta as well....but we could use more.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #178 on: December 01, 2011, 06:52:32 PM »
The one guy's picture from Paraguay was in the daylight and marked as seven hours ago. Brenchel checked in in the dark. Hard to tell their placement.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline maxen

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #179 on: December 01, 2011, 06:55:43 PM »
The one guy's picture from Paraguay was in the daylight and marked as seven hours ago. Brenchel checked in in the dark. Hard to tell their placement.

I was thinking about that and maybe they were filming some shots or images to show the city or maybe a task, or the place of the pit stop, not the race itself  :duno:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #180 on: December 01, 2011, 07:00:18 PM »
With the sighting in Salta last night and in the Buenos Aires airport this morning I think they could have made it to Paraguay by seven hours ago. But I think you are right about that picture.

Offline Lucybell

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #181 on: December 01, 2011, 07:05:40 PM »

How do we know they checked in in the dark?  In the pitstop photo we have, it looks like Brenchel in the bottom left hand side?

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #182 on: December 01, 2011, 07:06:41 PM »
The picture from Foursquare mentions Danza Paraguay. I thought it might be a dance troupe, but it's a style of Paraguayan music also called Paraguayan Polka. I'm sure our Paraguayan members know more than I do, but here's a wikipedia link describing it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paraguayan_polka

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #183 on: December 01, 2011, 07:13:12 PM »
They could have made this flight based on the time that guy saw them in the airport (he said his flight departed at 7.45)

(PZ) TAM 704
(EZE) Buenos Aires, BA, AR to (ASU) Asuncion, PY

DEPARTURE                               ARRIVAL

8:45 AM - Thu 01-Dec-2011    10:35 AM - Thu 01-Dec-2011

If it wasn't that, they waited a long while and got on this:

(G3) Gol Air Transport 7471
(EZE) Buenos Aires, BA, AR to (ASU) Asuncion, PY

DEPARTURE                                       ARRIVAL

2:35 PM - Thu 01-Dec-2011    4:25 PM - Thu 01-Dec-2011
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 07:17:20 PM by Prophet »

Online smiley

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #184 on: December 01, 2011, 08:18:59 PM »
So are they on the 3rd or 4th leg??

Offline docol

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Can't wait 4 "The Amazing Race" 35...!!!!!!!!
« Reply #185 on: December 01, 2011, 08:20:24 PM »
Ok....in this shot it show the dancers getting ready for the racers. Their costumes correspond to the local dance called "Polca" but the dancing that they have to perform it's called "Bottle Dancing"

You can see the dancers all dressed up here:

https://es.foursquare.com/macolon2/checkin/4ed7b3e76da14054c3064062?s=Fh8fGdX1_gVEKyYpRllxOl4T58g&ref=tw

and here's a example of the "Bottle Dancing" (Youtube)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FX7Nd_fvps8
"" JUSTICE 4 DUSTIN&KANDICE: PUT THEM ON THE AMAZING RACE LEGENDS SEASON ""

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #186 on: December 01, 2011, 08:33:05 PM »
Ok....in this shot it show the dancers getting ready for the racers. Their costumes correspond to the local dance called "Polca" but the dancing that they have to perform it's called "Bottle Dancing"

https://es.foursquare.com/macolon2/checkin/4ed7b3e76da14054c3064062?s=Fh8fGdX1_gVEKyYpRllxOl4T58g&ref=tw

I'm very impressed with the dance. I can't figure out how the bottles stay balanced on her head when she leans at times. That's not going to be easy for a beginner to do, so I foresee some trouble at this roadblock.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #187 on: December 01, 2011, 08:35:34 PM »

I'm very impressed with the dance. I can't figure out how the bottles stay balanced on her head when she leans at times. That's not going to be easy for a beginner to do, so I foresee some trouble at this roadblock.

Here in South America,the i can say that the rhythm is not a problem!!
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #188 on: December 01, 2011, 09:30:04 PM »
FWIW, I doubt the Race has progressed beyond the third leg, or perhaps a very short fourth leg (as its already five days since the start). I have a suspicion the flight from LA via Miami was a very long flight in elapsed time from the start line. But I agree the itinerary is probably Argentina for the first two legs and now Paraguay. The next destination probably depends on whether the Race will head next to across the Pacific or the Atlantic; and at this point its a coin toss as to which way that might be; although another visit to South Africa or New Zealand are both probably overdue.
-- theschnauzers

Offline BlueRabbit

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #189 on: December 01, 2011, 10:12:28 PM »
First post here. I've been following the race here and as I've told docol a few minutes ago on Twitter, the pit stop looks an awful lot like Escalinata Antequera, which is not that far from Plaza de la Democracia and Hotel Guarani.

The floor, the wall, the crammed space and the stairs shown in the Twitpic make me think this could be the leg's pitstop. Also, it's a public place so they couldn't just throw people out of there.

Here's a video of the place: http://www.abctv.com.py/monumentos-de-asuncion-escalinata-antequera-9682
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 10:17:45 PM by BlueRabbit »

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #190 on: December 01, 2011, 10:15:28 PM »
Sounds good, BlueRabbit! And welcome! Tiles match...

Offline BlueRabbit

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #191 on: December 01, 2011, 10:18:00 PM »
Also, the metallic bars in the background of the Twitpic? http://www.panoramio.com/photo/3689612

Offline graytex

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #192 on: December 01, 2011, 10:24:49 PM »
Here is another picture of Plaza de la Independencia with the pink Cabildo building - the former home of the Paraguayan government.

Looks like a pretty definite tile match to me.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #193 on: December 01, 2011, 10:26:41 PM »
:bigwelcome to RFF BlueRabbit! Thanks for the help!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #194 on: December 01, 2011, 10:27:52 PM »
I think those are two different places. The Casa de la Independencia has diagonal tiles. The Escalinata Antequera has straight ones like in the Pit Stop photo.

Offline BlueRabbit

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #195 on: December 01, 2011, 10:55:50 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! I'm very happy that my country finally got to host a leg of the Race.

That tile was very popular for a while here.  :)

Besides the diagonal tiles, the Twitpic also shows a very small space, with a wall on at least one side of it and Plaza de la Independencia is a very open space. The wall shown in the pic has a fence above it.

Since there seems to be some people not related to the show, including the person who took the photo, I imagine it's a public square and Escalinata Antequera is the only walled square I know of in the area that was actually built in a small hill. And, as shown in the picture I linked to in my 2nd post (sorry I don't know how to show you the Panoramio photo directly), the walls surrounding the Escalinata have fences above them.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #196 on: December 01, 2011, 11:08:52 PM »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline kristin626

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #197 on: December 01, 2011, 11:09:35 PM »
So that picture looks like it could be Rachel/Brendan standing next to the pit stop...waiting out a penalty perhaps?  If that has already been speculated, I apologize.  I know several people have mentioned that it looks like them but it looked like most people were assuming they had already checked in.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #198 on: December 01, 2011, 11:15:21 PM »
So that picture looks like it could be Rachel/Brendan standing next to the pit stop...waiting out a penalty perhaps?  If that has already been speculated, I apologize.  I know several people have mentioned that it looks like them but it looked like most people were assuming they had already checked in.

I think the discussion was more of whether that couple was in fact, Brendon and Rachel. We don't really have full descriptions or LAX photos of all of the teams this time, so it is quite conceivable it might be another team. But the fact that BVM is in that twitpic is a coup of sorts, he's rarely seen in the background.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #199 on: December 01, 2011, 11:18:55 PM »
Delgado saw teams behind him while he was boarding his flight to Bogota leaving 7.45am, so some teams must have made it to Asuncion on the morning flight, arriving 10.35am. Sunset today at Asuncion was at 7.23pm. This team is in trouble, I'd think!