Author Topic: The X Factor USA: Season 2  (Read 30253 times)

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
Re: The X Factor USA: Season 2
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2011, 11:00:40 AM »
Steve Jones doesn't know if he'll come back, but there may be a judge switch in the works! :yess:
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/x-factor-steve-jones-season-rumors-269065

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2011, 03:51:44 PM »
How lucky can we be? Lucky enough for me to focus on The Voice, the Sing-Off and the best one for really good singing, America's Got Talent.

I found the X-Factor forgettable earlier this season and have never watched American Idol. 

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2011, 04:42:33 PM »
apskip,

No offense, but I find the X Factor to be more professional than your aforementioned shows. But that's your opinion. :)

And my American Idol days are behind me too. :lol:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2011, 11:47:12 PM »
I still like American Idol. :cmaslol

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2011, 06:49:46 PM »
Are any changes in store for Season 2?
Well, a lot has been said about the process where America's votes knocks out one contestant, then the bottom two sing for survival and the judges chose who stays and who goes. In fact, at THE X FACTOR press conference on Dec. 19, a reporter asked if that process would change for Season 2 because the judges' went to deadlock so often. "Absolutely not," said Simon Cowell. "If that week had worked in the way I believe the process should have worked whereas Rachel was in the bottom, the judges actually could've saved her. The fact it went to deadlock [meant] that week the process didn't work. But if everyone had done his or her job properly that week, then this format would've worked really well. So, I'm not going to change the system. I'm just going to suggest that we do a better job when we do it in the future," he said.

What else can you tell us about Season 2?
How about this? You tell US what you'd like to see in the second season. If you have an idea for the second season, take our online fan survey to let the producers know what you liked and didn't like (and write in any suggestions you have). But, another thing being discussed, according to Paula Abdul, is that instead of the judges' each mentoring one category - Boys, Girls, Groups, Over 30s - they pick randomly out of a hat to mentor acts from each category! "So we each have one girl, one boy, one over, and one group," explained Paula. "That's actually what's being spoken about and I think the public is right on track."

The online fan survey didn't work for me. Maybe they're only accepting responses from a certain demographic now? :cmas5

Simon is guilty of the deadlock problem too. The week LeRoy went home, Simon had the option to send home Marcus or LeRoy but he decided to go to deadlock.

But the new mentoring idea is interesting. I'm not really sure on how I feel about it.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 06:53:41 PM by Polaroid »

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2011, 06:52:58 PM »
Thanks for the survey Polaroid!

Random drawing is certainly an interesting idea!

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2011, 10:39:28 PM »
Are any changes in store for Season 2?
.....But if everyone had done his or her job properly that week, then this format would've worked really well. So, I'm not going to change the system. I'm just going to suggest that we do a better job when we do it in the future," he said.

What else can you tell us about Season 2?
...... "So we each have one girl, one boy, one over, and one group," explained Paula. "That's actually what's being spoken about and I think the public is right on track."

The answer that might fit in the first question is with switching judges... Choose carefully around all those stars (or well-known singers, producers) someone that really understand about the music and voice skill... So that, he/she can judge properly...

The idea in question-2 is good as well  :cmas16, maybe Paula have said that because she was overwhelmed with her big groups including all those 10-kids, which I think didn't really worked at all....  :(
TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2012, 09:01:39 PM »
Some interesting news for the show today:

The X Factor host is leaving the Fox singing competition series. “I won’t be hosting next seasons X Factor which is a shame but I cant complain as I’ve had a great time,” Jones wrote on Twitter. “Good luck to everyone on the show.”
Sources close to the show confirm Jones is exiting the program. Fox and executive producer Simon Cowell are determined to make adjustments to the series after a first season that performed solidly, but fell short of what many thought was the show’s high potential given its dominance in the UK. Critics considered the British personality Jones a likely candidate to get the boot given his reviews.
http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/01/30/steve-jones-x-factor/

:( :( :( I liked him :'( What do you think?

And:

Steve Jones isn't the only one not returning for the second season of X Factor.
I can exclusively reveal that Nicole Scherzinger has also decided not to come back.
"She wants to focus on her music career," a source said. "She's spoken to Simon [Cowell] and he's given her his blessing."
http://www.eonline.com/news/marc_malkin/more_x_factor_drama_nicole_scherzinger/290401

:yess: :yess: :yess:

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2012, 03:38:53 PM »
Fox Announces the Start Date for “The X Factor” Season Two Auditions

THE X FACTOR Season Two Auditions Open Thursday, March 1

Nationwide Audition Opportunities Include

Online Auditions at www.TheXFactorUSA.com Beginning Thursday, March 1;

Open Call Auditions Starting March 14 in Kansas City, MO;

and MyStudio HD Recording Studios Across the Country

Auditions Open to Solo Artists and Vocal Groups Ages 12 and Over

Artists with Pre-existing Management Contracts Can Now Audition

THE X FACTOR is expanding its audition process to reach more singers than any talent show ever before in its search to find the best new solo artists and vocal groups in America. In addition and new for Season Two, artists with pre-existing management contracts can now audition (subject to limited restrictions).

America’s best undiscovered talent can audition for THE X FACTOR Season Two as follows:

·      Online auditions open March 1 at www.TheXFactorUSA.com;

·      MyStudio HD Recording Studios across America open March 1 (see below for details)

·      Open Calls begin March 14 in Kansas City and continue in Austin, TX (March 22); San Francisco (April 20); Greensboro, NC (May 1); and an additional city to be announced

THE X FACTOR reopens its invitation to ALL of America, ages 12 and over with no upper age limit, to audition for Season Two (subject to full eligibility requirements). This fall’s No. 1 unscripted series discovered such diverse recording artists as winner Melanie Amaro, and finalists Astro, Chris Rene, Josh Krajcik, Marcus Canty and Rachel Crow, who have all signed major deals with Sony Music.

Simon Cowell and L.A. Reid will return as judges to THE X FACTOR this fall on FOX.  Additional judges to be announced.

“We wanted to change a few things this year, so starting with the auditions, we’ve torn up the rulebook again. Even if you have management you can still enter, and we are making it easier by extending the online auditions and taking the MyStudio booths to even more cities. You can enter as many times as you want and come to any of the cities, too. We’re here to discover stars from all music styles including groups.  I really believe a group can win this show!” – Simon Cowell, judge and mentor, THE X FACTOR.

“In the music industry, when you’re looking for new talent you can discover it anywhere. THE X FACTOR is opening this up to go further than anyone has before, and that’s what it takes, so I can’t wait to see what amazing talent we might find.  I urge people to go out and audition, this is the real deal.” – L.A. Reid, judge and mentor, THE X FACTOR.

Sign up now for all audition information and audition details, including rules and eligibility requirements at www.TheXFactorUSA.com. Hopefuls should check back regularly for updated information, rules and registration forms.

Melanie Amaro was crowned THE X FACTOR Season One winner and was awarded the biggest prize in TV history, a $5 million recording contract, as well as her own iconic Pepsi commercial featuring Sir Elton John. Her album is due out later this spring.

Visit www.TheXFactorUSA.com  or www.facebook.com/TheXFactorUSA

for the Latest

THE X FACTOR News and Information

Twitter: @TheXFactorUSA

THE X FACTOR was created by Syco Television and is produced by Syco Television and FremantleMedia North America. Rob Wade and Siobhan Greene are executive producers for Syco Television. Cecile Frot-Coutaz, Richard Holloway and Andrew Llinares serve as executive producers for FremantleMedia North America.

http://tvpressfeed.com/2012/02/fox-announces-the-start-date-for-the-x-factor-season-two-auditions/
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2012, 03:44:56 PM »
Paula's not set in stone? ???

Thanks LR! :hearts:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2012, 05:22:10 PM »
Did Paula quit or was she fired. I cannot find an article that I read last week that quoted her as saying she was leaving on her own but either way, I think it was a big mistake.

Paula Abdul fired from ‘The X Factor’ because she was too ‘soft’
January 31, 2012 8:14PM
Updated: February 8, 2012 2:25PM

While the firing of “The X Factor” host Steve Jones and judge Nicole Scherzinger was long expected, Hollywood was stunned by the news that Paula Abdul also was axed in a major shakeup of the music competition show — being called a “bloodbath” by show insiders.

Speaking of being stunned? That included Abdul, who is said to be furious about her ouster — despite issuing a statement Tuesday saying she understood “how business decisions oftentimes override personal considerations.”

Those “business decisions” included a careful analysis of the first season of “The X Factor” by show producers and the Fox network — whose research indicated Abdul was thought too “soft” to compete with the other judges and the audience “just did not connect with Nicole,” said a major Fox source.

Though both show creator Simon Cowell (who will remain as a judge with L.A. Reid) and Abdul went out of their way to indicate they remain close, sources on “The X Factor” contradict that.

The parting was “anything but amicable and there were a lot of angry words,” said a key show staff member. “I know Simon and Paula say they’re still friends, and Simon’s claiming he and Paula will again work together, but there will have to be some time for that [rift] to heal after what went down the past few days.”

Another “X” staffer said that “while Steve knew he wasn’t coming back [and] realized that sadly he just didn’t connect with the U.S. audience — everyone was stunned that Nicole thought she’d be back for the second season.

“On top of being an impossible diva to work with, so many fans really hated her — especially after her vote led to [popular young contestant] Rachel Crow being eliminated.”

† Realizing how Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler have added superstar power to his old “American Idol” show, Cowell reportedly is courting major music stars such as Beyonce and Mariah Carey as potential judges for the sophomore season of “The X Factor.”

Source
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2012, 05:28:55 PM »
Paula Abdul Won’t Return To ‘X Factor’ In Season 2 Shakeup By Simon Cowell
By NIKKI FINKE Monday January 30, 2012 @ 7:45pm PST

Paula Abdul Leaves X Factor BREAKING… EXCLUSIVE: Today at The X Factor there was a bloodbath which just claimed its biggest name. Not only are host Steve Jones and judge Nicole Scherzinger exiting from the Fox show, but now a Simon Cowell insider just told me that his longtime friend and American Idol colleague Paula Abdul won’t be returning as an X Factor judge next season. I understand from sources that none of the three left on their own accord and that it was cleaning house day at the so-so rated reality series. It’ll be interesting to see if there’s any backlash against Simon because of Paula’s popularity.

Last April I revealed exclusively that Cowell, in addition to himself and ”L.A.” Reid, had made up his mind to bring back Paula beside him for X Factor‘s premiere season. “I missed her the second she left (Idol),” Cowell told me at the time. “Always loved working with her even though she can be a pain. I don’t know what it is about her, but I’ve always clicked with her. You just have to get that chemistry, and she’s right. I’ve never found anyone better than her.” It took several months for her contract to be pinned down as she famously held out for more money, only closing her deal hours before the first televised audition. But Abdul added star power to the judging panel as she was the most famous person on the show behind only Cowell.

Earlier tonight, Fox confirmed the departures of both Scherzinger as a judge and Jones as host. The two, originally paired as co-hosts, had been considered the weakest links and likely casualties going into Season 2 after receiving mostly negative reviews for their performances last season. But my news that Abdul is out as well comes as a surprise given her long history with Cowell. With Abdul, Scherzinger and Jones gone, Cowell and L.A. Reid remain the only X Factor personalities from Season 1 to make it to Season 2. Cowell hinted at a major shakeup on the show last month when he was quoted as saying “We change these shows all the time.” Especially after The X Factor failed to live up to Cowell’s own expectations. He famously predicted an average audience of 20 million for the series’ first season. But in actuality, it drew 12.4 million. This are not the first cast changes on The X Factor. Original judge Cheryl Cole was let go after one taping, replaced by Scherzinger. Later on, Scherzinger and Abdul became embroiled in the controversy surrounding the shocking elimination of frontrunner Rachel Crow.

Source

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2012, 05:39:23 PM »
I think they should boot Simon. He was nasty to the other 3 judges at times, not simply disagreeing but going out of his way to denigrate them. On the other hand, Nicole lost it when she had to choose between Rachel Crow and Marcus Canty. She wasn't cruel, I believe that she didn't want to choose and thought the votes would save Rachel.

All that said, this is Simon's show, he's not going to get the heave-ho so I hope they find 2 really good judges for this next season. I really didn't have a problem with Steve Jones, he was OK for me.

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2012, 04:48:17 PM »
http://www.tvguide.com/News/LA-Reid-Simon-Cowell-X-Factor-1043668.aspx

LA Reid and Simon Cowell Confirm Two Female Judges, Two Hosts on X Factor

The X Factor's L.A. Reid and Simon Cowell have confirmed that the empty judges' seats for Season 2 of the singing competition show will "100 percent" be two women.

What they wouldn't confirm? Who, exactly, those ladies will be. Names like Britney Spears and Fergie have been thrown into the mix, but the judges say the rumors are just that — rumors.

"There's a load of speculation, some true, some not true," said Cowell during a conference call Wednesday. "It's true to say that a lot more people have entered the frame this year. We really waited to see who was going to contact us before we contacted people. And we're in that place now."

Is Whitney Houston heading to The X Factor?

Another star that was allegedly in talks for a spot at the judges' table: the late Whitney Houston.

"We would have certainly considered it, said Reid. "It never quite came to that. There was an interest but we never had meetings about it. We're very sad about the loss, but we didn't really get that far, so I don't think it's proper to comment beyond that."

Cowell explains whoever does land the judging gig, however, needs to understand the enormity of the responsibility. "We will meet a number of people over the next few weeks, mainly to explain to them that it's a big commitment when you do a show like this because of the mentoring aspect."

Why The X Factor bloodbath is good news — and hopefully just a starting point

As for host Steve Jones' replacement, Cowell said there will actually be two hosts the second time around. "I always wanted a boy and a girl to host the show and I think that's going to happen now," he said. "You've got so much information that you have to relay, it's almost impossible for to have one person doing the hosting. There's a more fun way of doing it with two people."

Auditions for the show begin March 1. No word yet on a premiere date.
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2012, 04:53:07 PM »
I think they should boot Simon. He was nasty to the other 3 judges at times, not simply disagreeing but going out of his way to denigrate them. On the other hand, Nicole lost it when she had to choose between Rachel Crow and Marcus Canty. She wasn't cruel, I believe that she didn't want to choose and thought the votes would save Rachel.

All that said, this is Simon's show, he's not going to get the heave-ho so I hope they find 2 really good judges for this next season. I really didn't have a problem with Steve Jones, he was OK for me.

Who's going to fire Simon? Besides I love him and I'm sure many other people do too. Most of the times he was "mean" to the other judges was justified like when LA was always being biased towards his contestants. I'm not going to miss Nicole and Paula :lol: Drew and Rachel would have gone farther without them.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2012, 05:09:08 PM »
And just in time for a reply to Prophet.  :lol:  My favorite, Rachel, is going to do some shows on Nickelodeon.  :wohoo: Good for her!!

'X Factor' finalist Rachel Crow signs Nickelodeon, Sony deals
February 22, 2012 |  4:33 pm

Rachel Crow, the spunky teen whose controversial ouster from “The X Factor” eclipsed the rest of the show’s inaugural season, has signed deals with Nickelodeon and Sony.

No surprise that Nickelodeon has tapped the 14-year-old spitfire for an overall talent deal, which the network announced Wednesday. As part of the deal, Nickelodeon is developing a comedy series fronted by Crow.

The teen has also landed a deal with Sony-owned Columbia Records through “X Factor” creator-judge Simon Cowell’s imprint Syco. Though it wasn’t clear whether Cowell would oversee her debut project, it’s likely, as the reality show magnate handpicked Crow for his team and mentored the young sensation.

“I am incredibly happy for Rachel. This girl has it,” Cowell said in a statement. “We saw her potential at the first audition and Nickelodeon and Columbia are the right homes for her.”

Before taping her Nickelodeon pilot, she is slated to appear in a recurring role on the network’s hit “Fred: The Show.”

Crow joins semi-finalists Chris Rene, Brian "Astro" Bradley and Marcus Canty, who have all gotten deals.  Melanie Amaro, the show's inaugural winner, snared the largest guaranteed prize in television history with a $5-million recording contract, also with the Sony-Cowell label Syco.

Source

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2012, 10:44:49 PM »
Interesting!

Simon Cowell on the Changes in 'X Factor (US)' Season 2: We're Making a New Show
February 29, 2012 03:11:38 GMT

Meanwhile, when commenting on the possibility of Britney Spears joining the reality show as a judge, the British producer gushes the gig would be 'a walk in the park' for the 'Womanizer' singer.

Simon Cowell has hinted that "The X Factor (US)" will be significantly different when it returns for its second season. Not only will it feature new judges and new hosts, but the show will also undergo a format change.

"We're making a new show this year," so the creator of the FOX reality series said on "The Billy Bush Show". Addressing one of the changes, he revealed, "We have to put much more emphasis on the contestants this year."

On the same occasion, Cowell once again talked about the possibility of Britney Spears and Janet Jackson becoming the new hosts of "X Factor". "This girl has got resilience," he said of the "Hold It Against Me" hitmaker. "I would think that if she's managed to sustain a family, a career, which is tough, ['X Factor' would be] a walk in the park."

Singing more praises for the 30-year-old mother of two, the former "American Idol" judge said, "I'm fascinated by [Britney.] The fact that she's one of the most talked about - not just pop stars - but people in the world today, means that you've got this star power." He added, "I would be fascinated to hear what she had to say. She's still hot, she's still having hit records and she's still controversial, there's a reason for that."

As for the sister of the late Michael Jackson, Cowell hypothetically stated, "Would she be a good judge? Yes."

Other names rumored to fill the empty spots in the judging panel are LeAnn Rimes and Kelly Rowland. The former has recently responded to the news by saying that she is "open" for the gig.

source

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2012, 08:15:28 AM »
'Putting more emphasis on the contestants' could mean a smaller role of the judges? :duno:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2012, 02:36:42 PM »
'Putting more emphasis on the contestants' could mean a smaller role of the judges? :duno:

Maybe? Perhaps no tie breaking drama like we saw with Rachel?  :umn:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2012, 01:04:27 PM »

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2012, 11:51:08 AM »

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2012, 09:31:19 PM »
I think Demi Lovato and Britney Spears are terrible judge picks... they just don't seem like the type. Especially Britney Spears. Why on earth is she a judge? What does she know about singing? She's only autotuned her last few albums. :res:

Anyway, this clip has been circulating the internet. Hilarious!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/SAEwDZ0b9-U" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/SAEwDZ0b9-U</a>

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2012, 02:12:07 AM »
The X Factor premiered... sometime last week? I don't really know. I get too bored if I try to watch it on TV, but I watch the audition clips online. :lol:

Simon seems to be less mean this season. I think Demi is a good fit for the show, but I do miss the Simon-Paula dynamic. Britney seems to have fit in well as well, but I feel like she's kind of... off sometimes. Just the way she speaks... Yeah. :lol:

Here are my favourite auditions so far:

Jillian Jensen - "Who You Are" by Jessie J

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/BmUL72dIbTA" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/BmUL72dIbTA</a>

Carly Rose Sonenclar - "Feeling Good" by Nina Simone

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/nU_dBDccruI" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/nU_dBDccruI</a>

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2012, 03:33:27 PM »
More favourites from me!

Jessica Espinoza - "Nobody Knows" by Pink

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/pK8HzMyaQWM" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/pK8HzMyaQWM</a>

Panda Ross - "Bring It On Home" by Sam Cooke

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ID34lX_4m5I" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ID34lX_4m5I</a>

Willie Jones - "Your Man" by Josh Turner

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/KWZWuVCXqRg" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/KWZWuVCXqRg</a>

And of course, I have to indulge in some spoilers! SPOILER ALERT.

Show content
Apparently the categories are separated into different age groups and groups. I viewed a few sites for this information. Here's a list of contestants who have at least made it to their coach's house.

Britney Spears - Ages 12-16
Carly Rose Sonenclar
Beatrice Miller
Diamond White
JT
Arin Ray (cut?)
Reed Deeming (cut?)

Demi Lovato - Ages 17-24
Paige Thomas
Jennel Garcia
CeCe Frey
Willie Jones ???
Jillian Jensen (cut?!?!?)
Lyric Da Queen (cut?) ???
Nick Youngerman (cut?)

LA Reid - Ages 25+
Jason Brock
Tara Simon
Tate Stevens ???
Vino Alan ???

Simon Cowell - Groups
Emblem3
Dope Crisis
One4Five
Manufactured girlband
Manufactured boyband (cut?)
Sister C (cut?)

Super surprised that Jillian Jensen apparently doesn't make it through... especially with Demi Lovato mentoring? Hm.