Author Topic: Which TAR 19 racers would you like to see in an AllStars?  (Read 10011 times)

Offline Marklouiekpopsuju13

• RFF Not So Newbie
Which TAR 19 racers would you like to see in an AllStars?
« on: October 31, 2011, 09:47:45 PM »
Vote Wisely...!!
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 09:54:09 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Which TAR 19 racers would you like to see in an AllStars?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2011, 10:00:23 PM »
Well it's obvious who I voted for.

Offline amazing race fan

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2011, 10:27:02 AM »
This voting should purely be about the best racers, not your favorite racers. Its obvious that Bill and Cathi are just a fan favorite team, but fan favorites do not belong in All-Stars if they are not good racers, which is why only a few teams like Andy and Tommy, Laurence and Zac, Justin and Jennifer, Jeremy and Sandy, and Ernie and Cindy have placed well enough to be eligible for an All Stars season. This is not any official criteria, but I just don't find it acceptable to put a team that clearly has been one of the weaker teams on the race into an All Stars season.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2011, 10:40:30 AM »
This voting should purely be about the best racers, not your favorite racers. Its obvious that Bill and Cathi are just a fan favorite team, but fan favorites do not belong in All-Stars if they are not good racers, which is why only a few teams like Andy and Tommy, Laurence and Zac, Justin and Jennifer, Jeremy and Sandy, and Ernie and Cindy have placed well enough to be eligible for an All Stars season. This is not any official criteria, but I just don't find it acceptable to put a team that clearly has been one of the weaker teams on the race into an All Stars season.

I think that TAR's criteria may be different than yours.

They want racers that first of all will boost ratings...so fan favorites are definitely an important consideration. Look at who was on the first AllStars...good racers was not the main criteria.

Not saying that some sort of ALLStars featuring the Best of the Best wouldn't be good...just saying that that is probably NOT how WRP would choose a cast. Ratings and popularity would def be considered, IMO.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2011, 10:41:37 AM »

BTW, Jamie & Cara weren't strong either. They just made it to the F3 and ended second, but their results in the first legs weren' brilliant either.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2011, 01:26:19 PM »

I think that TAR's criteria may be different than yours.

They want racers that first of all will boost ratings...so fan favorites are definitely an important consideration. Look at who was on the first AllStars...good racers was not the main criteria.

Not saying that some sort of ALLStars featuring the Best of the Best wouldn't be good...just saying that that is probably NOT how WRP would choose a cast. Ratings and popularity would def be considered, IMO.

David and Mary, Gary and Mallory. :lol: <333333333333

Fan favourites are definitely important. Who wants to watch a race with Andy and Tommy, Eric and Jeremy, Globetrotters and Cowboys x943920594536? I mean, true that they do race well. But, ewww. I don't even mind if they brought back 11 lousy teams to see who'll be the best. LOL. Liz and Marie <3.. but I know it's impossible for them to be back. :lol:

Offline tullfan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2011, 05:35:51 PM »
There should be a none of the above option.  In my opinion no TAR 19 are all star worthy.  A very low key, bland cast overall.

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2011, 05:49:04 PM »
I thought this cast was pretty entertaining.  :duno:

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2011, 05:59:42 PM »
I 100 percent disagree, this season is quite visual and there are some wonderful moments, the cast has some real standouts and overall it is a competitive, wonderful cast! I'd rather see ordinary teams then camera-'whores' as it were. I still want to see an all-stars with teams covering all seasons though
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline tullfan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2011, 08:15:22 AM »
I'm watching this season mainly for the locations and the tasks.  All the teams are fine but they are too normal and don't deliver enough entertainment for an All Stars.  None of these teams compare to the great teams from the early seasons - eg. Guidos, Kevin/Drew, Flo/Zach, The Chas, Teri/Ian, Charla/Mirna, the Bowling Moms  or even Romber or the BQ's.  People are not talking about any of these teams.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2011, 11:59:35 AM »
I'm watching this season mainly for the locations and the tasks.  All the teams are fine but they are too normal and don't deliver enough entertainment for an All Stars.  None of these teams compare to the great teams from the early seasons - eg. Guidos, Kevin/Drew, Flo/Zach, The Chas, Teri/Ian, Charla/Mirna, the Bowling Moms  or even Romber or the BQ's.  People are not talking about any of these teams.

This season hasn't even ended. In case you haven't realize... you haven't mentioned any teams beyond TAR 11. There have been some really memorable teams after TAR 11 and I believe that once we're down to lesser teams, we'll have more edit spread out among the remaining teams... continue watching, the best has yet to come! :tup:

Offline tullfan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2011, 05:40:31 PM »
Joab,

I only listed some teams from the first 10 seasons as examples.  If I had listed teams from TAR 12 and beyond, most of them would be teams that were selected to compete on Unfinished Business.

I have been a regular viewer of TAR since episode 1 of season 1 and I can say that at the halfway point of each season, this is the season that I am least invested in the teams whether they have been eliminated or not.  This includes seasons 4, 6, 9, 13 and 16 where I found many of the teams to be unlikeable.  IMO, the season 19 cast does not have a lot of personality compared to the other seasons.

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2011, 05:42:14 PM »
I like Amani and Marcus, Bill and Cathi and Ernie and Cindy, but the rest of the entertaining teams have already been eliminated!  :(

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2011, 01:00:38 AM »
I'd love to see Bill & Cathi on an All-stars season, since they're competent and strong barring a few mistakes. But I don't want to see any team from this season again without seeing Ken & Gerard or Colin & Christie.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2011, 03:00:50 AM »
The obvious pick for me is Amani & Marcus - I love them so much!!! I would also say Liz & Marie, but they left a little too early - I feel very strongly against bringing back teams who didn't make it at least to the Final Six, after that horrid Danielle came back for TAR11.

Bill & Cathi would be great to see, and even Andy & Tommy, Jeremy & Sandy and Justin & Jennifer are great teams in my opinion! I loved this whole cast but I can't stand Ernie & Cindy at all - I hope they don't win this time and I hope we never see them again.
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline connayyy

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2011, 05:35:14 PM »
I liked everyone in this season, actually! Some of my picks would be Amani & Marcus, Ernie & Cindy, and Andy & Tommy. Entertaining teams who are doing reasonably well, and whom I'm predicting will be some of the most memorable teams this season. If there were ever a race with some of the most successful teams in TAR history (like an Eric & Jeremy, Meghan & Cheyne, Nick & Starr, Tammy & Victor, etc. type of face-off), I'd definitely like to see Andy & Tommy included since they've won quite a few legs already and have been fairly consistent so far.

I also liked Liz & Marie a lot, but I feel that they were eliminated too early to be included in an All-Stars season. I included them in my vote anyway, but I think that All-Stars would work better with teams that lasted a bit longer.

Offline BayBay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2011, 04:28:17 AM »
NOT Andy and Tommy  :lol3:

Offline Flamant

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Lumilia <3
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2011, 06:27:08 AM »
If they choose teams according to the comments on the facebook page, Andy & Tommy will for shure be in All-Star (well, if they dont win of course), while Ernie & Cindy and Bill & Cathi has almost no chances.  :gaah:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2011, 01:07:03 PM »
Actually none of the teams this season has what it takes to be "all-stars" quality yet. They need to take a leaf out of Brooke and Claire's book. :lol:

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2011, 05:13:57 PM »
Actually none of the teams this season has what it takes to be "all-stars" quality yet. They need to take a leaf out of Brooke and Claire's book. :lol:

I don't really get what the big go was about Brooke and Claire?

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2011, 06:09:54 PM »
Well looking at how TAR is cast.  They look for an older team, a minority team, at least two all female teams, at least two all male teams, a comedy team, a handicapped (hate the term sorry) team, siblings, parent/child, a fighting couple team and a gay team.

Thats generally the cast of TAR (And it also applies to the two editions that featured returning racers.

Some groups get a huge advantage, one because of available options.  There aren't for example a huge number of minority teams, parent/child teams, old teams, competitive female teams.

They would not pick (though I wished they would the best teams).  Hell they haven't even picked the best out of the categories they normally choice from (which I would like as well).

Based on typical casting.  I would say out of this group Bill & Cathi would have a strong chance if they were still interested and it didn't happen 10 years from now.  Just due to the number of good older teams is few and far between.

Average couples are a diem a dozen (based on the number of them and they typically race well).  Andy & Tommy might have a chance if the producers consider alpha male teams (they wouldn't in all stars, which is just beyond stupid) as tehir hasn't been many cast since season ten. (I can only recall four teams really fitting that title, Sam & Dan, Cowboys, Trotters, and Andy & TOmmy since season 10).

Female teams are also hard to cast, because in general they don't last long.

Offline Flamant

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Lumilia <3
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2011, 08:17:38 PM »
Female teams are also hard to cast, because in general they don't last long.

Female teams like Brook & Claire, ok, but like Nat/Kat??  ???

Offline miichaeeltran

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2011, 03:13:34 AM »
 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: no one wants ron & bill back

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2011, 03:40:47 AM »

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2011, 03:41:24 AM »
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: no one wants ron & bill back

Who are they again?