Author Topic: TAR 19 EP 8 "Super Shady" (Copenhagen, Denmark)  (Read 82791 times)

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
Re: TAR 19 EP 8 "Super Shady" (Copenhagen, Denmark)
« Reply #175 on: November 13, 2011, 02:48:48 PM »
To assure their survival, Bill & Cathi react to their U-Turn requirement by U-Turning a Team that is most likely to be behind them and the further behind the better.  That lets Tommy & Andy off the hook because they were probably also working on making Butter.  Their target to U-Turn would be one of the three:  Marcus & Amani, Laurence & Zac, or Jeremy & Sandy.  Marcus & Amani may not have been seen yet and so they remain a little mysterious:  "Did they get ahead of everybody?"  "Did they already do Bunnies while we were making Butter?"  Those uncertainties would take them out of U-Turn consideration for Bill & Cathi.  So the target of the U-Turn is reduced to Laurence & Zac or Jeremy & Sandi.

The rest of the Detour plays out:   Marcus & Amani, Laurence & Zac, and finally Jeremy & Sandi.  Here is Marcus & Amani at the top of their lane.  You can see that the there is a lane under construction two lanes to their left.  That is Laurence & Zac's lane.  It has all but the last obstacle in place.  The last one being the one at the top of the lane.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #176 on: November 13, 2011, 02:51:54 PM »
To assure their survival, Bill & Cathi react to their U-Turn requirement by U-Turning a Team that is most likely to be behind them and the further behind the better.

Why do we assume Bill & Cathi U-Turn someone?

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #177 on: November 13, 2011, 02:53:54 PM »
And here are Laurence & Zac running up their lane.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #178 on: November 13, 2011, 03:00:23 PM »
To assure their survival, Bill & Cathi react to their U-Turn requirement by U-Turning a Team that is most likely to be behind them and the further behind the better.

Wouldn't you? 

Here you are, as far as you can tell, all the teams are possibly ahead of you or right there making Butter.  And now you have to go mess with the animal task!  Of course you are going to issue a U-Turn.  If you don't you will most likely go home.

This shot was taken inside building #42 where the Butter gets made:

« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 03:05:01 PM by Chateau d If »

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #179 on: November 13, 2011, 03:06:24 PM »

Wouldn't you? 

Here you are, as far as you can tell, all the teams are possibly ahead of you or right there making Butter.  And now you have to go mess with the animal task!  Of course you are going to issue a U-Turn.  If you don't you will most likely go home.

Let's see. Lots of piles are there, unused BTM. They may have noticed that. They finish the Detour, and as of what we know, more teams (3 more, at least?) complete that Detour. Bill & Cathi may or may not see them at the Detour site, but they could know if they're ahead of them by the Roadblock reference.

So, they could have some news of the teams they're ahead or behind of. They head to the U-Turn and then straight to Pitstop. I don't know if there's any chance to be passed to the Pitstop, but we have figured out they may be in 2nd or 3rd place by the amount of piles unused.

The only reason I see them U-Turning someone is because they are U-Turned, and I don't think Ernie & Cindy would U-Turn them instead of Andy & Tommy.

I don't really get your point.

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #180 on: November 13, 2011, 03:19:48 PM »
Dave

There are four primary reason to use a UTurn.
1.  You don't like a team and want them gone.
2.  You wish to secure a first place victory, to do so you UTurn the team directly behind you.
3.  You wish to give yourself the best chance to stay alive.  Ie you UTurn the team that you believe is last
4.  You have just been UTurn and to give yourself enough time UTurn a team you know is behind you.

We have all assumed that Ernie and Condy are trying option #2, that they want a win.

That means you slow down the next team behind you.

But foursome reason with no direct evidence to support a lot of people see to think that means Andy and Tommy.  But we have no idea of where Andy and Tommy are. 

If Bill and Cathi are known to be directly behind them, then if you are going for a win that means you clearly UTurn them.

As for Bill and Cathi if they were uTurned I think they would use it on another team.  Though I think logically they would pick Amani and Marcus as they know that they were the furthest behind at one point.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #181 on: November 13, 2011, 03:22:50 PM »
But why would Ernie and Cindy U-Turn Bill and Cathi over Andy and Tommy? ??? Am I missing something?

I think Bill and Cathi may choose Bunnies because they are not afraid of animals. In this case they would be the first team there because they chose it.

So, Ernie and Cindy finish the Butter first and Uturn the next team which is either Laurence and Zac or Andy and Tommy. Then that team may Uturn Jeremy and Sandy. Of course the most logical thing would be for Ernie and Cindy to Uturn Andy and Tommy but they aren't always that logical. And we do see L/Z doing the bunnies.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

paldog123456

« Reply #182 on: November 13, 2011, 03:25:41 PM »
Here's an interesting point: what if someone U-Turned Laurence and Zac because they knew that Laurence and Zac couldn't U-Turn to save themselves. THey would have to hope someone else is U-Turned by another team.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #183 on: November 13, 2011, 03:27:35 PM »
I'm thinking that the Teams that go into #42 to do Butter do not know if another Team has gone to do Bunnies.  Even after they leave Building #42 they would not go past the Bunny area unless they really wanted to look there.  So Bill & Cathi issue their U-Turn based on who they saw in building #42.  MArcus & Amani are MIA, Laurence & Zac are either right there or eminently arriving, and same for Jeremy & Sandy.  But "no", maybe Jeremy & Sandy are have not been seen since Hillerod?  Because we see Jeremy & Sandi running away from the bunny cages while Laurence &d Zac are running down their lane with a bunny.

The way the U-Turn sequence works is: 

1)  Team 1 finishes one side of Detour
2)  Team 1 runs to U-Turn Board
3)  Team 1 issues or does not issue a U-Turn
4)  Team 1 heads to next location
5)  Team 2 runs to U-Turn Board
6)  Team 2 issues or does not issue a U-Turn
7a)  Team 2 does Detour the other side of the Detour if they were named by Team 1
7b)  Team 2 heads to next location if they were not named by Team 1

and so on for each subsequent Team.

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #184 on: November 13, 2011, 03:31:03 PM »
Well, I'll stop discussing this because I don't get your point and it seems you don't get mine. Seriously, I don't think Bill & Cathi have the need to U-Turn you say they have.

Offline Lucybell

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #185 on: November 13, 2011, 03:31:51 PM »
And here are Laurence & Zac running up their lane.

Um, if you are referring to the two people standing at the end of Amani's lane, those are workers that are dressed in white.  I don't see any body running up a lane in that pic?  I don't even see Marcus.

Just my opinion, but... Who is to say that Bill & Cathi did the butter churning at all?  Maybe they opted for the bunnies right away.  Since they do run a farm, they may have thought that would be a piece of cake!  Maybe they were the ones on Ernie and Cindy's heals and got U-Turned and were in the midst of the butter while others were doing the bunnies?

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #186 on: November 13, 2011, 03:35:06 PM »
But why would Ernie and Cindy U-Turn Bill and Cathi over Andy and Tommy? ??? Am I missing something?

I think Bill and Cathi may choose Bunnies because they are not afraid of animals. In this case they would be the first team there because they chose it.

So, Ernie and Cindy finish the Butter first and Uturn the next team which is either Laurence and Zac or Andy and Tommy. Then that team may Uturn Jeremy and Sandy. Of course the most logical thing would be for Ernie and Cindy to Uturn Andy and Tommy but they aren't always that logical. And we do see L/Z doing the bunnies.
idont see what's hard to understand in the situation Chateux set up if Ernie & Cindy if trying for first would go after the team that is right behind them.

If they know Bill and Cathi are right behind them their is no rational reason not to UTurn them.

Now I am not saying that Chateau is right about Bill and Cathi being right behind them.  But if they are then they are the logical choice to UTurn.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #187 on: November 13, 2011, 03:36:59 PM »
If Bill and Cathi chose the Bunnies then Ernie and Cindy don't know where they are.

Actually based on the caps we don't know that Bill and Cathi were not the first team to complete the roadblock.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #188 on: November 13, 2011, 03:46:24 PM »
Unless they see coming to the UTurn?

Again I am not agreeing with Chateau about Bill and Cathi getting UTurn, but what ever team Ernie and Cindy say are right behind them (and we don't know if this is when getting to the UTurn that they spot someone or if it was a team doing the Detour side right behind them) should be the team that gets UTurned

We have had no direct evidence on who that team is.

I think because they say you guys people have assumed it meant an all male team (which it might), but you guys can be used about any of the teams left.

If Chateau is right and Bill Cathi are right behind them, then that should be who is eliminated, if Ernie and Cindy are trying to get first place, and they believe that they are one of the first teams.

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #189 on: November 13, 2011, 03:48:52 PM »
but what ever team Ernie and Cindy say are right behind them (and we don't know if this is when getting to the UTurn that they spot someone or if it was a team doing the Detour side right behind them) should be the team that gets UTurned

This is what I agree with. But both of you just assumed it was Bill & Cathi without explaining this. It's OK now. :D

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #190 on: November 13, 2011, 03:57:06 PM »
This is the shot that has Zac running his bunny while Jeremy & Sandi are fleeing the bunny cage area.  Why did they go down there?  They haven't built a lane yet.  They don't have a bunny?  Are they lost?

Either way they are very late!   :tup:

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #191 on: November 13, 2011, 04:07:05 PM »
but what ever team Ernie and Cindy say are right behind them (and we don't know if this is when getting to the UTurn that they spot someone or if it was a team doing the Detour side right behind them) should be the team that gets UTurned

This is what I agree with. But both of you just assumed it was Bill & Cathi without explaining this. It's OK now. :D
Actually I kept using the qualifier "if".

IF Bill & Cathi are scene.  If Ernie & Cindy are first (or near first), If they are going for a win, ect, ect.

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #192 on: November 13, 2011, 04:10:23 PM »
The only reason I would want to see Bill & cathi U-Turned is so that I can hear all the complaints about why anyone would U-Turn them.

I hate all U-Turns, think they are evil, evil manipulation by producers.

But there have been several posters who have been actively hoping certain teams get U-Turned (again I hate U-Turns, Yields, all that crap), and I would like to see a team get U-Turned that really few people thought would get U-Turned just to hear their complaints.

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #193 on: November 13, 2011, 04:11:06 PM »
The only reason I would want to see Bill & cathi U-Turned is so that I can hear all the complaints about why anyone would U-Turn them.

I hate all U-Turns, think they are evil, evil manipulation by producers.

But there have been several posters who have been actively hoping certain teams get U-Turned (again I hate U-Turns, Yields, all that crap), and I would like to see a team get U-Turned that really few people thought would get U-Turned just to hear their complaints.

I'm one of those people.  :lol:

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #194 on: November 13, 2011, 04:13:11 PM »
Chateau

Don't we have a clip with Jeremy's watch and then with Marcus watch all on this farm setting?  I thought Jeremy's watch was like an hour or so ahead of the time shown for Amani & MArcus.

Of course one or both of the teams might not have adjusted for time changes during the race.

Offline Mack

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #195 on: November 13, 2011, 04:19:20 PM »
Isn't it a possibilty that Ernie/Cyndy think they may be towards the back if they only saw Tommy/Andy at the detour and the boarders left before them?  They didn't say anything about winning the leg. They seem desparate not to be eliminated and see a team behind them and Uturn them. BTW, who has 2 left feet? Laurence?

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #196 on: November 13, 2011, 04:22:51 PM »
Well unless they got seriously lost, they should know that at the very least Amani & Marcus should be behind them,  everything else who knows.

And my gut reaction is that Zac has two left feet.

Offline Mack

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #197 on: November 13, 2011, 04:23:30 PM »
Actually I think it is Sandy w/2 lft feet and that is what made them late.

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #198 on: November 13, 2011, 04:29:04 PM »
Well its either that or some awful navigational skills.  Since we have had almost no driving this season, its hard to judge what teams might suck at that aspect of the race.

ANd seriously why haven't we got more driving?  Navigating from point A to point B should be a huge part of the race.

Offline JillianVP

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #199 on: November 13, 2011, 04:33:58 PM »
First time poster, please be kind...   :waves:

From what I've seen in the promos, Andy receives the clue at the roadblock while Ernie is still dancing so they are ahead heading to the detour.  It's quite possible that they manage to finish the butter just seconds before Ernie and Cindy and that they decide not to use the u-turn because they know they can outrace them in a foot race.

Also from the promos we can see Bill and Cathi completing the bunny hop with no teams in sight which leads me to believe they chose that side of the detour.  Later, Amani and Marcus (who we assume are running behind) are on the bunny hop and we can see Laurence and Zac's lane not quite finished in one cap and  we can see Laurence and Zac standing in their lane with a third person (judge?) in another cap.  Zac is finally running his bunny as Sandy and Jeremy run by.

My best guess is Ernie and Cindy had the option of u-turning Zac and Laurence or Sandy and Jeremy and chose Zac and Laurence knowing they can be fast and it would explain seeing them on the bunny hop behind Marcus and Amani.

Cindy's sound-bite could be 'important' because Zac and Laurence may be eliminated because they u-turned them. 

My prediction:
Andy & Tommy
Ernie & Cindy
Bill & Cathi
Jeremy & Sandy
Marcus & Amani
Laurence and Zac

Of course, that's assuming Sandy and Jeremy just ran by the bunny hop completely lost trying to find the u-turn.  LOL
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 04:53:58 PM by JillianVP »