Author Topic: TAR 19 EP 8 "Super Shady" (Copenhagen, Denmark)  (Read 82802 times)

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
Re: TAR 19 EP 8 "Super Shady" (Copenhagen, Denmark)
« Reply #150 on: November 12, 2011, 06:58:51 AM »
Good job Plaidmoon!! You have it!!

Maybe there are bunny labor laws...each bunny can only do ONE run? ???

:lol:

That could be it. I mean, if a team chooses a bunny which is really happy and wants to jump, they could finish the task in less than a minute... If another team chooses an angry bunny, they couldbe there for hours...

Maybe this is to not "randomize" that much the luck of the teams?

IDK...

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #151 on: November 12, 2011, 07:02:52 AM »
This could be my favorite leg ever. :yess:

We NEED a vid for the bunny point of view like the donkey one. :lol3:

Especially loving all of our detectives doing the Bunny Hop!!!

:ghug:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #152 on: November 12, 2011, 08:23:08 AM »
True.
We can change to :

1 - Ernie and Cindy
2 - Bill and Cathi
3 - Laurence and Zac
4 - Andy and Tommy
5 - Amani and Marcus
6 - Jeremy and Sandy

I think Jeremy and Sandy have been spotted further than this. :angel

And it could be another NEL.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #153 on: November 12, 2011, 08:44:16 AM »
If my maths is right, we should have only one NEL left. With three of them already, I don't believe that we'll see the last one in this episode. I'm almost certain of it. Season 18 was the first time in TAR history that we had three elimination legs before the final and I believe this is because we were already familiar with the cast. I'd be really surprised if 19 does the same thing.

With the added drama of a 'you're still racing' leg, I'll also be very surprised if we don't see one this season. So my money's on the Pit Stop of the next episode to be a non-stop (racing from Denmark to the Belgian countryside, and then continuing onto Brussels).

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #154 on: November 12, 2011, 08:44:53 AM »
I dunno if this has been posted yet...

is the U-Turn blind? We're missing the tiny tablets for the COP slot..

jiajia12

« Reply #155 on: November 12, 2011, 08:46:35 AM »
So somebody got stuck for ages, Bye Bill/Cathi . :'(

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #156 on: November 12, 2011, 10:27:22 AM »

Below the first tablet, I think I see another display. I mean, it's not as black as the arrow itself. And, we should also look at the sign. It doesn't say BLIND U-Turn...

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #157 on: November 12, 2011, 03:54:16 PM »

I see what you mean Kandace...it does look different from the last one doesn't it?? ???
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Tarfan2

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #158 on: November 12, 2011, 04:20:09 PM »
The tiny tablets are there. Look at the capture I've just made:

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #159 on: November 13, 2011, 12:35:31 AM »
They're snoozing at Schiphol, fwiw: the chairs seem a match (photo source).

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #160 on: November 13, 2011, 01:08:47 AM »
That can of Heineken sort of gives it away doesn't it? :lol:

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #161 on: November 13, 2011, 01:34:52 AM »
That can of Heineken sort of gives it away doesn't it? :lol:

It's sold worldwide...

Offline miichaeeltran

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #162 on: November 13, 2011, 03:42:09 AM »
so guys, who will be eliminated next?

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #163 on: November 13, 2011, 07:48:29 AM »
so guys, who will be eliminated next?

It could be an NEL.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #164 on: November 13, 2011, 07:53:02 AM »
A NEL on a U-Turn week would be a waste.

It is not a NEL, sadly.

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #165 on: November 13, 2011, 08:05:09 AM »
Interestingly, of the 14 legs with U-Turns in so far, two of them have been NELs.

There was one in Leg 9 of Season 13 (Boots / Borscht), but it wasn't used. There was also apparently one in Leg 8 of Season 15 (Nobel Dynamite / Viking Alphabet), which also wasn't used.

But I'm still confident that they wouldn't have the last NEL this early.

Offline serendipity

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #166 on: November 13, 2011, 11:14:55 AM »
The new promo adds that Marcus & Amani are running their rabbit as Zac & Laurence are installing their very last jump obstacle at the top of their lane.

So as far as the Kanninhop half of the Detour goes here is the order of Teams:

1)  Bill & Cathi in lane 2
2)  Marcus & Amani in lane 3
4)  Laurence & Zac in lane 5
5)  Jeremy & Sandy in lane ? (4, 6 and 7 are available)

If the clip of Jeremy & Sandy running up the side of the tracks can be shown to have them carrying a rabbit then their lane would be #4 because 6 & 7 don't have any obstacles built yet.

Why I could not find the clip of Zac & Laurence installing their very last jump obstacle when Marcus & Amani are running their rabbit? I only saw M&A running rabbit with no team in the background...

Am I confusing myself with something...?

Also, can we conclude that M&A are the last team at the detour? From that clip we only saw them in the field and we saw Jeremy & Sandy and Zac & Laurence in the field at the same time.  If that's the case, could we assume that M&A are the likely target to be u-turned since they were behind already?

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #167 on: November 13, 2011, 12:11:46 PM »
Not really.

If we know Amani and Marcus are behind to start the leg.  Then se era, things are possible.

It's possible that they caught up.
It's possible that two other teams got UTurned.
It's possible that Laurence and Zac and Jeremy and Sandy are the teams UTurned, this could be the first part of the detour or they could both be performing the UTurn part of the detour.

It's possible that some other team UTurned Amani and Marcus, if teams know they missed a flight ( and apparently with an hours of operation wait) then Amani and Marcus would be the most rational team to UTurn.

It's primarily about making sure you aren't eliminated.  Hitting the team in last place is the best chance to ensure you don't get eliminated.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #168 on: November 13, 2011, 12:27:41 PM »
CBS has this pic on their homepage today:

Offline serendipity

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #169 on: November 13, 2011, 12:30:22 PM »
Not really.

If we know Amani and Marcus are behind to start the leg.  Then se era, things are possible.

It's possible that Laurence and Zac and Jeremy and Sandy are the teams UTurned, this could be the first part of the detour or they could both be performing the UTurn part of the detour.

It's possible that some other team UTurned Amani and Marcus, if teams know they missed a flight ( and apparently with an hours of operation wait) then Amani and Marcus would be the most rational team to UTurn.

It's primarily about making sure you aren't eliminated.  Hitting the team in last place is the best chance to ensure you don't get eliminated.

yeh I know, the reason I am asking is because I saw Chateau posting on another board saying that the clue of which team being U-turned has already been posted in RFF, so I am trying to figure it out~~

I agree that it's possible that the U-turned team is not Marcus/Amani, but if they are really behind from the start then it would make them an easy target..

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #170 on: November 13, 2011, 12:59:16 PM »
By the way Chateau said we see Jeremy & Sandy, Laurence & Zac and Amani & Marcus at the detour site together.

What picture is this in, because going through the videos and caps I don't see anything.

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #171 on: November 13, 2011, 01:02:10 PM »
Not really.

yeh I know, the reason I am asking is because I saw Chateau posting on another board saying that the clue of which team being U-turned has already been posted in RFF, so I am trying to figure it out~~

I agree that it's possible that the U-turned team is not Marcus/Amani, but if they are really behind from the start then it would make them an easy target..
If so I would assume its buried somewhere in either the spoiler thread or the live sightings thread.  Sometimes all that info isn't brought forward.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #172 on: November 13, 2011, 01:29:29 PM »
I'm trying to pull this all together  right now ...
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #173 on: November 13, 2011, 02:19:42 PM »
U-Turn Sequencing

Assume that the Detour follows the Roadblock and the Pit Stop follows the Detour without any other task beside just getting there.  This is coming from talking with people at all three locations and getting a sense of what time of day it was when Race activity was seen. Also, we need the time that the leg effectively began.  That was at 7:30 am at the Vor Frelsers Kirke.  The assumption gets strengthened by the picture of Ernie and Cindy checking in at the mat taken at 12:06 pm.  The Teams are self driving and the drive times are roughly 40 minutes from Vor Frelsers to Frederiksborg Slot in Hillerod, 20 minutes from there to Frilandsmuseet, and 25 min from there to Larsen’s Plads.

Assume that Marcus & Amani fly from AMS to CPH arriving between 8:20 and 9:30 am (SK 550 or KL 1125).  Somehow they get to Copenhagen soon enough to get themselves to the point of rabbit selection by 1:35 pm so they are not too many hours late to the Hours of Operation opening.  Add 40 minutes from CPH landing to reaching  Vor Frelsers Kirke.  I suspect they had to spend the night at AMS.  The last AMS to CPH flight on July 3rd left at 9:40 pm. 

Assume most Teams prefer the Butter side of the Detour due to animal uncertainty.  So the first Teams to Frilandsmuseet are all making butter together.  They have a good idea of how far back the other Teams are based on what they got to see in The Great Hall.  They probably have not yet seen Marcus & Amani but fear they could sail through the Roadblock unlike the trailing teams.

Assume Ernie & Cindy finish making Butter first.  They slap their nearest completion with the U-Turn in order to improve their odds of taking a first place finish.

Assume the nearest completion at that point was Bill & Cathi.  This is supported by our seeing Bill & Cathi doing Bunnies with 5 other empty bunny lanes.

1) The Bunny side of the Detour requires teams to assemble their Kanninhop course.  We see piles of unassembled components at the bottom of each lane.
2) There are 7 lanes, the one on the far right (bunny's right) is the example
3) The lane next to the example has been selected by Bill & Cathi.
4) While Bill & Cathi are Kanninhopping we see 5 unused lanes to their left and also 4 piles of components for the four lanes to their left (5th pile is out of view).

This one shows the five lanes empty.   :tup:
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #174 on: November 13, 2011, 02:24:37 PM »
Do you have any witness accounts of Bill & Cathi finishing in 2nd at the detour.  Because even using lanes to mark the presence of racers that doesn't take into account any teams that didn't choose that detour option, nor does it account for which teams might have been U-Turned and then have to go perform the other side of the Detour.