Author Topic: TAR 19 EP 8 "Super Shady" (Copenhagen, Denmark)  (Read 82809 times)

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 19 EP 8 "Super Shady" (Copenhagen, Denmark)
« Reply #100 on: November 10, 2011, 01:41:39 AM »
It's not even a certainty that Marcus/Amani will not arrive at the tower before it opens! One flight they could have taken arrived at 8.20am, the other at 9.28am. If the tower opened at 10.00am as it usually does, they wouldn't be that far behind at all, if at all.

Offline Tarfan2

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #101 on: November 10, 2011, 04:43:35 AM »
For what it's worth, I found a slightly different and longer promo than the one Peach posted in post 2 of this thread on Youtube at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zS6SHNjLwb4. It has a few quick glimpses of teams in the tower and a couple of different quick glimpses of Marcus and Amani at the airport, though the initial fast shot of Marcus sitting on the floor with his hands on his head looks like the floor where the dancing was done. It also doesn't look as well lit as the airport. However, if they get hit by an HOO after coming in behind the other teams, I don't know if they would let them indoors to wait, so it may just be another shot of the airport.

no proxies please

p.s.: Marcus and Armani  :lol3:
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 03:54:57 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #102 on: November 10, 2011, 05:00:07 AM »
Okay so this is the basic assumption

1. Ernie & Cindy
5. Andy & Tommy (victim of double U-turn)
6. Amani & Marcus 

Probable table: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Redchiefkevin

Based on what?? :lol:

The promos. Ernie & Cindy U-turn Andy & Tommy for first place. Amani & Marcus miss their flight to Copenhagen and are stuck in Amsterdam, meaning Andy & Tommy survive the U-turn. Easy.

Except that you are ASSUMING A/T get U-Turned without evidence.

You are ASSUMING A/M cannot arrive in time.

Remember what happens when you ASS-U-ME stuff?    :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #103 on: November 10, 2011, 05:03:00 AM »
:lol: I remember Chad/Stephanie in Oman!

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #104 on: November 10, 2011, 06:50:59 AM »
It's not even a certainty that Marcus/Amani will not arrive at the tower before it opens! One flight they could have taken arrived at 8.20am, the other at 9.28am. If the tower opened at 10.00am as it usually does, they wouldn't be that far behind at all, if at all.

That does seem to fit their general style of racing. :lol: They're the second coming of Uchenna and Joyce.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #105 on: November 10, 2011, 10:31:09 AM »
EPISODE 8
Senga Bay, Malawi  to   Copenhagen, Dennmark

SUNDAY, November 13th, 2011

“Super Shady” (Copenhagen, Denmark) – The Race travels to Copenhagen for the first time, where one Racer learns the meaning of two left feet and a double U-turn jeopardizes team positions in the Race, on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, Nov. 13 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.  Emmy Award nominee Phil Keoghan is the host.

CHEAT TWEET: Bunnies, butter, dancing & a double u-turn. This is what #AmazingRace is all about! 11/13 at 8pm ET/PT

ROUTE INFO: Fly to Copenhagen, Denmark

Amani & Marcus missed a flight

In Copenhagen, drive your own car and go to Vor Frelsers Kirke church. Go up the spiral stairs to get a clue. Hours of Operation Equalizer

ROADBLOCK: wear medieval clothes and do dance routines in the Great Hall of the Frederiksborg Slot castle in Hillerød

DETOUR A: Kaninhop at Frilandsmuseet (Bunny hopping)

DETOUR B: Making butter

DOUBLE U-TURN: at the windmill

Pitstop: Larsen's Plads near the Havet ship. It's an elimination leg. 6 teams remain. Who will be eliminated next?

« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 11:46:20 PM by banzai »

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #106 on: November 10, 2011, 12:31:18 PM »
Anyone else find it interesting the new promo doesn't even mention the Double U-Turn?

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #107 on: November 10, 2011, 01:53:56 PM »
Thanks NoLuckBoston! Looks good to me! This matches up with the first cap...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jortegafigueiral/2350020323/

Now the main flight we think most of the teams went was from Lilongwe to Lusaka to Nairobi to Amsterdam to Copenhagen.

Assumption 1: Marcus/Amani was with everyone else until Amsterdam, then got stuck.
Not likely. There are some six flights from Amsterdam to Copenhagen before the sun even rises the next day.
Assumption 2: Marcus/Amani was with everyone else until Nairobi, then got stuck.
Not likely. Even if they missed the Amsterdam flight, there was a London flight that would have got them in before sunrise.
Assumption 3: Marcus/Amani was with everyone else until Lusaka, then got stuck.
Not likely. It's a through-flight from Lilongwe to Nairobi. No reason why they can get tickets on the first leg but not the second.

What if Assumption 1 is likely with them being forbidden to take a pre-determined airline? That could get them stuck for a while.

So, the thing is: were they ahead and then bunched? Or where they bunched and then missed a flight?
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 01:57:02 PM by Dave the 2nd »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #108 on: November 10, 2011, 02:39:06 PM »

I found out that they had to wait until 7:30 am to enter the church.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #109 on: November 10, 2011, 03:55:58 PM »
promo v2 is up finally in post 2! Sorry for the delay...this is my week from hell. :lol:

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline serendipity

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #110 on: November 10, 2011, 09:09:25 PM »
Thanks NoLuckBoston! Looks good to me! This matches up with the first cap...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jortegafigueiral/2350020323/

Now the main flight we think most of the teams went was from Lilongwe to Lusaka to Nairobi to Amsterdam to Copenhagen.

Assumption 1: Marcus/Amani was with everyone else until Amsterdam, then got stuck.
Not likely. There are some six flights from Amsterdam to Copenhagen before the sun even rises the next day.
Assumption 2: Marcus/Amani was with everyone else until Nairobi, then got stuck.
Not likely. Even if they missed the Amsterdam flight, there was a London flight that would have got them in before sunrise.
Assumption 3: Marcus/Amani was with everyone else until Lusaka, then got stuck.
Not likely. It's a through-flight from Lilongwe to Nairobi. No reason why they can get tickets on the first leg but not the second.

What if Assumption 1 is likely with them being forbidden to take a pre-determined airline? That could get them stuck for a while.

So, the thing is: were they ahead and then bunched? Or where they bunched and then missed a flight?

After seeing the promo I hope it's not because they overslept at the airport which made them left behind...  :lol3:

Offline eddiethejet

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #111 on: November 10, 2011, 11:18:29 PM »
EPISODE 8
Senga Bay, Malawi  to   Copenhagen, Dennmark

SUNDAY, November 13th, 2011

“Super Shady” (Copenhagen, Denmark) – The Race travels to Copenhagen for the first time, where one Racer learns the meaning of two left feet and a double U-turn jeopardizes team positions in the Race, on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, Nov. 13 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.  Emmy Award nominee Phil Keoghan is the host.

CHEAT TWEET: Bunnies, butter, dancing & a double u-turn. This is what #AmazingRace is all about! 11/13 at 8pm ET/PT

ROUTE INFO: Fly to Copenhagen, Denmark

Amani & Marcus missed a flight

In Copenhagen, drive your own car and go to Vor Frelsers Kirke church. Go up the spiral stairs to get a clue. Hours of Operation Equalizer

ROADBLOCK: wear medieval clothes and do dance routines in the Great Hall of the Frederiksborg Slot castle in Hillerød

DETOUR A: Kaninhop at Frilandsmuseet (Bunny hopping)

DETOUR B: Making butter

DOUBLE U-TURN: at the windmill

Pitstop: Larsen's Plads near the Havet ship. It's an elimination leg. 6 teams remain. Who will be eliminated next?

It is most likely an elimination leg, but we do have 1 non elimination leg remaining. my guess is that it will be when their are 4 teams left.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #112 on: November 11, 2011, 12:01:00 AM »
Leg 11 will most likely be the last NEL this season. Otherwise, we'll have three teams for both of the last two legs.
-- theschnauzers

Offline miichaeeltran

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #113 on: November 11, 2011, 01:20:21 AM »
): does that mean amani & marcus are eliminated?

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #114 on: November 11, 2011, 01:38:59 AM »
Just wondering - is is certain that the Roadblock precedes the Detour, or is it possible that the Detour comes first?

I really don't like having a U-Turn as the last thing before the Pit stop, and we already had that last week.
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #115 on: November 11, 2011, 03:43:13 AM »
Just wondering - is is certain that the Roadblock precedes the Detour, or is it possible that the Detour comes first?

I really don't like having a U-Turn as the last thing before the Pit stop, and we already had that last week.

Nothing is certain but keep in mind that the detour location is at some distance from the pit stop. The teams need to drive there, so someone might get lost or have difficulty finding it, so even if the detour were the last task a team could still get ahead from another if they did a good job navigating.

Offline miichaeeltran

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #116 on: November 11, 2011, 05:44:48 AM »
ive never been to denmark but, when amani & marcus were doing the bunny challenge, ernie & cindy was up to the u-turning, the sky was the same colour, would they of had to wait for something for amani & marcus to catch up, or is it the next day?
How bout when Andy & Tommy were saying ''everyone was here , except for amani & marcus'' , was that how they caught up?

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #117 on: November 11, 2011, 06:56:59 AM »
Leg 11 will most likely be the last NEL this season. Otherwise, we'll have three teams for both of the last two legs.

What theschnauzers said is supported by an analysis of Amazing Race history. The last 9 Amazing Races have all had no NEL on the penultimate leg. However, out of the first 9 only AR5 AND AR6 followed the same pattern and the other 7 races DID have a NEL on the penultimate leg.

With World Race Productions always trying to keep racers off-balance, I think it is quite possible for what translates to the "NEL before leg 11" to happen.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #118 on: November 11, 2011, 12:20:57 PM »
My sense from the interviews of witnesses was that it was early in the day for the Castle.  Similarly, Frilandsmuseet activities seemed to go down not-so-early (but not at the end of the day either).  So I would put the Roadblock happening before the Detour.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #119 on: November 11, 2011, 01:16:07 PM »

@AmazingRace_CBS
The Amazing Race When #AmazingRace lands in Denmark, Team NFL is MIA. The teams will master local moves & tame the wildlife. Sun. 8/7c! http://bit.ly/tBPjfg
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #120 on: November 11, 2011, 02:02:22 PM »
CAPS for Promo v2!

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #121 on: November 11, 2011, 02:08:44 PM »
Looks like Marcus and Amani are at the bunny racing around 13:35 - by themselves.
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #122 on: November 11, 2011, 02:08:53 PM »
Doing the roadblock: Zac, Ernie, Andy, Cathi,

Could that be Ernie on the right side of cap #23?

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #123 on: November 11, 2011, 02:10:31 PM »
We always get clips of Marcus and Amani :lol:

http://www.cbs.com/shows/amazing_race/video/2166713161/the-amazing-race-preview-super-shady

They both have to lead the bunny once. If that's all there is to it, that is the easiest Detour ever.

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #124 on: November 11, 2011, 02:12:02 PM »
Doing the roadblock: Zac, Ernie, Andy, Cathi,

Could that be Ernie on the right side of cap #23?

Didn't we also see Sandy in the preview doing it?

And I think that you are right that is Ernie in cap#23 at the back.