Author Topic: S23 EP 8 "Double Agent"  (Read 24621 times)

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: S23 EP 8 "Double Agent"
« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2011, 07:59:47 PM »
I really hope Dawn flips as well. But seriously, Brandon's little "Stay close to me, I'll protect you" nearly made me wet my pants.  :lol:

Offline coolio

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #51 on: November 02, 2011, 08:03:49 PM »
Ummm. Good episode?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 04:30:13 PM by Coolio! »

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #52 on: November 02, 2011, 08:05:06 PM »
Ugly little troll.  :knuckles:
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline Reality_Gal

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Survivor, Amazing Race and Big Brother fan
« Reply #53 on: November 02, 2011, 08:05:40 PM »
I hate Cochran! I hope Jim, Whitney and Ozzy go off on him! I am rooting for Keith to get back in the game!

Go Ozzy all the way!

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #54 on: November 02, 2011, 08:08:11 PM »
Wow... What could be the biggest move in Survivor history is thwarted by one single person by the name of Cochran. Poor Ozzy, to have calculated and have everything happen so perfectly, yet not seeing that one of his own would betray their tribe.

I think Keith would do well on Redemption Island though. After all, he's a strong competitor. But I wouldn't go as far as to say he'd make it back into the game. Ozzy still has a chance to survive. Upolu would target him after Keith, but he has the HII, he's strong at challenges, and that could buy him a long time into the game.

I'm loving this season, it's full of big, weird moves and betrayals. I just hope that at the end, it's not Coach or Ozzy who walks away with the million...

Not if he gives it to someone else and that person uses it only to find out that the real target was Keith!  Then the HII wouldn't help Ozzy out any.

Belle Book

The spoiler has it that they used the HII on Whitney. -.-

Yeah, I knew the HII was given to Whitney but Keith got the votes.  I just didn't want to spoil it before the show began.

Belle Book

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #55 on: November 02, 2011, 08:13:00 PM »
For once, I'm glad I wasn't spoiled Belle.  :hrt:

What on EARTH could Cochran possibly think he could explain away? I cannot wait to see the fallout.
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline StephenWasHere

• RFF Full Member
  • *gasp* You are SUCH a liar, Tom!
« Reply #56 on: November 02, 2011, 09:48:34 PM »
I'm probably in the minority, but I was THRILLED with tonight's episode. Cochran stayed and Dawn is still here. My hope is that Cochran and Dawn can somehow get some epic plan going. Unless something happens, I'm guessing the next three boots (in order) will be Jim/Ozzy/Whitney. As for Dawn/Cochran, I could see them teaming up with Sophie and Brandon and making it to the Final 4.
TAR25- Shelley/Nici, Amy/Maya, Kym/Alli, Keith/Whitney
Survivor SJDS: Natalie, Jeremy, Baylor

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #57 on: November 02, 2011, 10:57:29 PM »
"Cut Throat" is Episode 9!

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #58 on: November 03, 2011, 01:32:05 AM »
So Cochran flipped just to spite his former team. He wanted to take revenge and that was his sole reason.
Unless he is delusional enough to think that Upolu would keep him in the game over one of their members, which there is no way it's happening.

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #59 on: November 03, 2011, 01:37:51 AM »
^ I know right. Unless the Final 7 Immunity challenge is nerd-tastic hes screwed.

6th>7th :res:

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #60 on: November 03, 2011, 02:57:03 AM »
The thing is Dawn is right, Cochran has been treated very badly by people on Savaii, Keith, Jim and Ozzy especially...and now Whitney is showing her true colours. Imo he made the right move, I wouldn't stay with people who treated me that way at all after 20 days with them!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #61 on: November 03, 2011, 04:26:43 AM »
Cochran played a game based on his own emotions. Technically, the odds of Savaii remaining the Top 6 are high and I have no idea WHY would he flipped if he's indeed a strategist, and that comes down to his emotions. He let his emotions take control of his vote.

With 2 Immunity, 1 Idol.. if they go into a second tie, the chances will be only him or Jim going home (Keith will be immuned)

On the other hand, 5 members on the other tribe has NO IMMUNITY at all. (Rick now has Immunity due to a second tie)

With 2 vs 5, their chances of picking a stone is possible, but almost 2 and a half times lesser than Upolu. Cochran never has a better chance in the game to play with Savaii all the way to the final 6. Joining forces with Upolu.. he's going to make it to 6th or 7th place the most. BUT, I can foresee Upolu bringing him further than that because ultimately, his tribe hates him and he's a great final three candidate, honestly.

I won't blame Cochran for him flipping, because Savaii treated him like dirt, but Dawn is right, what goes around comes around. His chances of winning this game is almost zero. Except from Dawn, I don't see anyone else from Savaii giving him the jury votes if he indeed makes the final three.

I don't mind him telling Upolu that he was a fake double agent, but going to the extend of telling Upolu Savaii's voting plan... that is not honourable and it will come to bite him back.

Enough of strategic talking, I love the Immunity Challenge today, very very refreshing and creative. I just wished Dawn stayed there and see how many more people she could take down before she quit the challenge, even though she win Immunity.

Next week, we see Jim trying to get Upolu members to do some serious flipping. I don't like Albert as he gives me a sneaky feeling. I am still rooting for Dawn, playing this game with her heart, integrity and being completely honest and having a good social game. I really hope Upolu doesn't target her yet, she's the only person I'm probably rooting for right now.. someone tell me why is Edna still around, she still seemed useless. Sigh. Go Edna, be an underdog and start making big moves...

« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 06:09:04 AM by Joab »

Offline realshowfan

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Frantic Fanfic Fanatic!
« Reply #62 on: November 03, 2011, 06:45:00 AM »
First of all, I was sad Christine went (but I actually wanted Ozzy to stay over Christine), especially since she was SO close!

Cochran was in that swing vote position. It was either making a move through his emotions or through his promise, and also between the luck with the rock and a betrayal with Savaii. I don't know if he made the best move. Staying true with Savaii in this round and then screwing them by swapping to Upolu would make more sense to me, but the luck of the rock would make betraying Savaii like the more safer choice. Would Cochran make it to the end with Savaii, had none of the Savaii members went home from the rock? Maybe, as Ozzy would be a target (Keith/Whitney/Jim aren't dumb to keep him) and the smartest one of the three would put Dawn/Cochran in their pocket. But all that coming from the risk of not having any Savaii members gone from the rock. If Cochran went with Upolu, there's a chance that before the other Savaii members are gone, someone from Upolu will approach Cochran (knowing his luck with things in this game!). Really so much to consider. :duno:

I'm so happy for Dawn (and Oz I guess) that she won immunity! :wohoo: She has one more thing to talk about as her asset if she gets to the FTC, and it's very unlikely people would target her for anything other than tribal lines (or late-game if someone thinks she's so likeable that she'll get votes).

And ohhhh that's why Whitney's there. For that fail Ozzy Idol. Poor Ozzy, never has luck with the Idol he finds, lucky he didn't find the idol in Cook Islands! It was also nice to see so much of Rick.

OMG the preview of the next eppy was quite interesting. I wonder if anyone else is gonna flip!
This summer ※ The Amazing Race: ZBC // RSF
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,31363.0.html

Offline tullfan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #63 on: November 03, 2011, 07:49:49 AM »
There is a greater chance that Cochran will be the next one to go than if he had been eliminated by sticking with Savaii and drawing rocks.  Savaii is now royally screwed and the 5 that Cochran betrayed will be a majority of the jury.  If a few of the Upolu are willing to vote for Cochran along with the remaining 4 that were betrayed at the next Tribal Council, then sending Cochran's ass to redemption island ahead of them would do a lot to earn their 4 jury votes.  I think that what was what Sophie was referring to in the preview when she sais that Albert wants to shake up the game.

Offline Reality_Gal

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #64 on: November 03, 2011, 08:11:09 AM »
Poor little Cochran his feelings were hurt so he went to backstab his entire tribe. I hope Jim, Whitney, Ozzy and his entire tribe give it to him.

Poor Keith :( He was basically blindsided  :groan: I hope Cochran is going home and I hope Jim's plan works!

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #65 on: November 03, 2011, 08:19:24 AM »
I'm probably in the minority, but I was THRILLED with tonight's episode. Cochran stayed and Dawn is still here. My hope is that Cochran and Dawn can somehow get some epic plan going. Unless something happens, I'm guessing the next three boots (in order) will be Jim/Ozzy/Whitney. As for Dawn/Cochran, I could see them teaming up with Sophie and Brandon and making it to the Final 4.

I would like that too. :tup:

One thing I don't understand is how people can tolerate Jim more than Cochran. Jim is more slimy, IMO. Cochran is just being a strategist.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #66 on: November 03, 2011, 09:13:18 AM »

I would like that too. :tup:

One thing I don't understand is how people can tolerate Jim more than Cochran. Jim is more slimy, IMO. Cochran is just being a strategist.

Completely with you on this. Didn't like him since Day 1 and wished other more deserving people like Mikayla gets to stay. =/ Or even Christine. At least she's exciting.

Offline Reality_Gal

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #67 on: November 03, 2011, 12:19:15 PM »
I don't care for Jim but how is Cochran more likable than Jim? Jim didn't turn on his tribe because some people made him upset.

Jim > Cochran.  :lol:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #68 on: November 03, 2011, 12:22:06 PM »
Contestants are all about personal preference, but at one point Jim did not like Cochran and then he did and now it looks like he wants to get rid of him again. I just like Cochran because he's a student of the game. :)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #69 on: November 03, 2011, 01:05:28 PM »
Let's just say... I like no one but Dawn. <3 :hrt:

Offline Reality_Gal

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #70 on: November 03, 2011, 03:26:28 PM »
Cochran is a student of the game? LOL His move last night doesn't show it.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #71 on: November 03, 2011, 03:28:13 PM »
Cochran is a student of the game? LOL His move last night doesn't show it.

Savaii was in a losing battle because Ozzy had just wasted his Idol. JMO :)

Offline Peace, Love, TAR! :D

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #72 on: November 03, 2011, 03:28:41 PM »
Poor little Cochran his feelings were hurt so he went to backstab his entire tribe. I hope Jim, Whitney, Ozzy and his entire tribe give it to him.

Poor Keith :( He was basically blindsided  :groan: I hope Cochran is going home and I hope Jim's plan works!

Well, the flip is the Savaii tribe fault. So much could have done to prevent flipping from happening. I really DON'T think the tribe was nice to him. All those fishing trips with the three guys, leaving him behind, and some comments they made, especially Keith, just showed that they didn't think of him any more than an extra vote. And then when Cochran shows hesitation of flipping, they should have played the idol on him to make him feel safe, instead of wasting it on Dawn. I mean, if Cochran didn't flip, it would only be him and Jim from Savaii drawng rocks [ Keith immune bc votes, Ozzy & Dawn have immunity, and Whitney had the idol played on her].

This episode just showed how much it's necessary to make everyone feel important.
"Like most things, it can be fixed by whipping a rock at it." --Courtney Yates; Survivor: China/Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains

Offline coolio

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #73 on: November 03, 2011, 04:29:37 PM »
Okay guys, Cochran did what he felt was best for him in the game. Whether you think it's a good move or not is up to you. But please don't post stuff about how he's stupid or a dumb player. I know I already did, and I will be editing that now. I just want this useless banter to stop. My rant for today is done.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #74 on: November 03, 2011, 06:23:41 PM »

Well, the flip is the Savaii tribe fault. So much could have done to prevent flipping from happening. I really DON'T think the tribe was nice to him. All those fishing trips with the three guys, leaving him behind, and some comments they made, especially Keith, just showed that they didn't think of him any more than an extra vote. And then when Cochran shows hesitation of flipping, they should have played the idol on him to make him feel safe, instead of wasting it on Dawn. I mean, if Cochran didn't flip, it would only be him and Jim from Savaii drawng rocks [ Keith immune bc votes, Ozzy & Dawn have immunity, and Whitney had the idol played on her].

This episode just showed how much it's necessary to make everyone feel important.

I totally agree.  Most of Savaii failed to make Cochran feel comfortable -- Dawn was the only one who even came close to making the nerd feel comfortable.  Yul and Boston Rob knew to make the outliers in their tribes feel comfortable and worked at their alliances.  Ozzy didn't -- and he especially failed to make Cochran feel like a real member of the tribe.  Is it any wonder that Cochran was vulnerable to the suggestions from Upolu that he flipped?

Incidentally, I think Jim's plan is misdirection -- it won't work.  At least, not yet.

Belle Book