Author Topic: S23 EP 9 "Cut Throat"  (Read 22381 times)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Re: S23 EP 9 "Cut Throat"
« Reply #50 on: November 11, 2011, 08:06:19 AM »
I found Jim and Brandon equally on par. If Jim's in the main alliance, Jim's going to be the one who's taking Brandon's role for sure.

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #51 on: November 11, 2011, 02:40:02 PM »
Does anyone know when defeated RI players go to jury?

In the next episode there will be a RI challenge between Keith, Ozzy and Jim.  Two will survive, the loser will become the first jury member.

Offline Peace, Love, TAR! :D

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #52 on: November 11, 2011, 03:24:58 PM »
I like Brandon. He's extremely loyal and has a good heart. He stood up for Cochran when the Savaii members were calling him names, and went to make sure Ozzy wasn't bullying Cochran after Tribal.

And Brandon made Whitney cry? No, Whitney cried because she felt "vilified", and that the Upolu tribe made her out to be a bully when she wasn't. Remember when she came back from the Tribal where Cochran flipped and began cursing at him, and calling him names? The Upolu tribe was standing not far away, and heard that, causing them to realize how badly Cochran was treated. So no, Brandon did NOT make Whitney cry- that was her own self.

I honestly don't understand where all this hatred is coming from. I see Brandon as a 19 year old kid who is simply trying to do the right thing. He may be misguided, but at least he wants to do the right thing, which is a heck of a lot more than the former Savaii- Cochran have been doing.

"Enough, is enough. The smaller people don't have to take it anymore."
But there's one point you can't deny - And that is Brandon's constant bull**** DID make Whitney cry. Call Whitney emotionally weak or what, but Brandon was the cause of that. It's like if you as an adult snatch a toy from a 3 year old child and the child cries, it's YOUR fault as an adult, not the child's because the child has something taken away from him/her.

Brandon's action at tribal council was uncalled for. He didn't need to keep rattling on and on at Dawn, who didn't even comment ANYTHING negative/outburst at him. In my opinion, that was very very rude and ungentlemanly.
? :duno:

Yeah,  I will agree that what he did to Dawn was uncalled for, but how on earth did he make Whitney cry? His comments were about Savaii treating Cochran poorly, and Whitney cried because she felt vilified. You're making it sound like Brandon spent his time at Tribal Council trash talking her. He was simply talking about how now that Savaii didn't have the numbers, they've changed and became nicer to the Upolu, but before, they were arrogant and treated people poorly. THAT'S what upset her, not Brandon. Yeah, it was his comments, but they weren't directed at her, but the former Savaii tribe.
"Like most things, it can be fixed by whipping a rock at it." --Courtney Yates; Survivor: China/Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #53 on: November 12, 2011, 12:37:17 AM »
I like Brandon. He's extremely loyal and has a good heart. He stood up for Cochran when the Savaii members were calling him names, and went to make sure Ozzy wasn't bullying Cochran after Tribal.

And Brandon made Whitney cry? No, Whitney cried because she felt "vilified", and that the Upolu tribe made her out to be a bully when she wasn't. Remember when she came back from the Tribal where Cochran flipped and began cursing at him, and calling him names? The Upolu tribe was standing not far away, and heard that, causing them to realize how badly Cochran was treated. So no, Brandon did NOT make Whitney cry- that was her own self.

I honestly don't understand where all this hatred is coming from. I see Brandon as a 19 year old kid who is simply trying to do the right thing. He may be misguided, but at least he wants to do the right thing, which is a heck of a lot more than the former Savaii- Cochran have been doing.

But there's one point you can't deny - And that is Brandon's constant bull**** DID make Whitney cry. Call Whitney emotionally weak or what, but Brandon was the cause of that. It's like if you as an adult snatch a toy from a 3 year old child and the child cries, it's YOUR fault as an adult, not the child's because the child has something taken away from him/her.

Brandon's action at tribal council was uncalled for. He didn't need to keep rattling on and on at Dawn, who didn't even comment ANYTHING negative/outburst at him. In my opinion, that was very very rude and ungentlemanly.

Yeah,  I will agree that what he did to Dawn was uncalled for, but how on earth did he make Whitney cry? His comments were about Savaii treating Cochran poorly, and Whitney cried because she felt vilified. You're making it sound like Brandon spent his time at Tribal Council trash talking her. He was simply talking about how now that Savaii didn't have the numbers, they've changed and became nicer to the Upolu, but before, they were arrogant and treated people poorly. THAT'S what upset her, not Brandon. Yeah, it was his comments, but they weren't directed at her, but the former Savaii tribe.

Is Whitney part of the former Savaii tribe? ;)

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #54 on: November 12, 2011, 07:20:55 PM »

Yeah, but you're making it sound like he was just yelling at her, not the whole tribe. And why was he yelling at them? Because they bullied Cochran, and he felt that it wasn't fair, and spoke out against it.
"Like most things, it can be fixed by whipping a rock at it." --Courtney Yates; Survivor: China/Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains

Offline BayBay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #55 on: November 12, 2011, 08:10:24 PM »

Yeah, but you're making it sound like he was just yelling at her, not the whole tribe. And why was he yelling at them? Because they bullied Cochran, and he felt that it wasn't fair, and spoke out against it.

Just like Brandon harassed Mikayla and made false claims that she was trying to make sexual advances on all the members of his tribe? WHAT A HYPOCRITE!

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #56 on: November 12, 2011, 09:25:42 PM »

Just like Brandon harassed Mikayla and made false claims that she was trying to make sexual advances on all the members of his tribe? WHAT A HYPOCRITE!

And yet, in the end, he wanted to keep her over Edna. He just refused to vote for Edna because he made a deal with her because he wanted to be loyal, and play the game with integrity.

Offline StephenWasHere

• RFF Full Member
  • *gasp* You are SUCH a liar, Tom!
« Reply #57 on: November 12, 2011, 09:47:49 PM »
I know it's a bit late, but WOW! What a nice episode! Seeing Jim get knocked off of his pedestal <3. Ozzy getting snuffed <3. Dawn/Cochran in general <3. Whitney having a breakout episode <3. But yeah, Jim's whole Honor thing made me lol. Especially with the spiel about giving up Immunity because he's true to his word. WELL HOW DID THAT WORK OUT?!?! HUH? Ugh...I'm worried next week for Dawn though :( :( :(

Still holding on for Dawn/Sophie/Cochran
TAR25- Shelley/Nici, Amy/Maya, Kym/Alli, Keith/Whitney
Survivor SJDS: Natalie, Jeremy, Baylor

Offline coolio

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #58 on: November 12, 2011, 10:25:32 PM »
I know it's a bit late, but WOW! What a nice episode! Seeing Jim get knocked off of his pedestal <3. Ozzy getting snuffed <3. Dawn/Cochran in general <3. Whitney having a breakout episode <3. But yeah, Jim's whole Honor thing made me lol. Especially with the spiel about giving up Immunity because he's true to his word. WELL HOW DID THAT WORK OUT?!?! HUH? Ugh...I'm worried next week for Dawn though :( :( :(

Jim & Brandon are two of the biggest losers on Survivor ever. Jim talks about how he thinks Cochran's disgusting because he betrayed someone. If I remember correctly, didn't Jim create a plan to vote out Elyse who he was aligned with? Also his master plan to save Ozzy & vote out Cochran was all ready to go... until he realized it won't work, so he saves his butt instead of Ozzy. And don't get me started on Brandon. HE MADE WHITNEY CRY. For no reason whatsoever. Stupid Hantz.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #59 on: November 13, 2011, 12:08:00 AM »

You're completely not getting what I'm trying to say. My point is simple. Brandon's pointless trashtalking resulted in Whitney crying. Simple as that. Had he shut his mouth up, Whitney and Dawn wouldn't have feel as bad. That's just what I'm saying. You can go ahead and disagree. I am not even mentioning about the fact that he's protecting Cochran that's why he spoke up for him. I have nothing against him SPEAKING UP for Cochran, in fact he should as an individual to protect those who's bullied.

What I'm saying here, is HOW he DID his protection against Cochran, how his words were just bullcrap and completely rude and uncalled for.

There's a difference between

1. Cochran shouldn't be bullied and you all should have respected him more. (in a polite way)

AS COMPARED TO

2. Whatever Brandon said at Tribal Council :res: (the completely rude and uncalled for way)

Yep.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #60 on: November 13, 2011, 12:12:51 AM »

And yet, in the end, he wanted to keep her over Edna. He just refused to vote for Edna because he made a deal with her because he wanted to be loyal, and play the game with integrity.

The idea here is "he wanted to keep her over Edna". But he didn't. He can say anything he wants. He can even say that his initial plan is to play with Christine. But how many of us actually buy what he said about wanting to keep Mikayla over Edna? I don't buy it. Look at who he voted for in the end. Anything about honour, integrity and everything else. I do agree, he is definitely honourable to his alliance. But they way he treats people, is probably just like how Russell kept true to his words to his alliance, but treated everyone else like crap on his tribe as well.

Let's just say the Hantz Family really needs to go for EQ courses, because they probably have none.

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #61 on: November 13, 2011, 07:54:59 AM »

You're completely not getting what I'm trying to say. My point is simple. Brandon's pointless trashtalking resulted in Whitney crying. Simple as that. Had he shut his mouth up, Whitney and Dawn wouldn't have feel as bad. That's just what I'm saying. You can go ahead and disagree. I am not even mentioning about the fact that he's protecting Cochran that's why he spoke up for him. I have nothing against him SPEAKING UP for Cochran, in fact he should as an individual to protect those who's bullied.

What I'm saying here, is HOW he DID his protection against Cochran, how his words were just bullcrap and completely rude and uncalled for.

1. Cochran shouldn't be bullied and you all should have respected him more. (in a polite way)

AS COMPARED TO

2. Whatever Brandon said at Tribal Council :res: (the completely rude and uncalled for way)

Yep.

Yeah, I do get your point. I just don't like how you keep making it sound like Brandon spent his time at Tribal Council attacking Whitney for no reason, when in actuality he was protecting a friend. Was his approach the right way? No. But his intentions were right, and I don't think he should be beat up for that.....

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #62 on: November 13, 2011, 09:59:22 AM »

AS COMPARED TO

Yep.

Yeah, I do get your point. I just don't like how you keep making it sound like Brandon spent his time at Tribal Council attacking Whitney for no reason, when in actuality he was protecting a friend. Was his approach the right way? No. But his intentions were right, and I don't think he should be beat up for that.....

It's a miscommunication then as I see from your post. I had never ever mentioned the part that Brandon spent his time at Tribal Council attacking Whitney only. He spent his time attacking Savaii, with the wrong way and approach, thus resulting in Whitney crying. Does this explanation from me makes much more sense now?

Whether his intentions were right or not, it really depends on one's perspective. If the intention was to protect Cochran, it's fair. If the intention was to exclude Savaii, make them feel horrible and throw them under the bus, then you should know whether it's good or bad. FYI, it did feel that way and I'm not the only one.

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #63 on: November 13, 2011, 10:03:36 AM »
You've been using too much quote, y'all. :lol: :escape :sneak
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #64 on: November 13, 2011, 11:11:23 AM »

:lol: IKR?

At least Brandon is open and honest about his marital relations.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #65 on: November 13, 2011, 11:12:27 AM »

THIS :<3

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #66 on: November 13, 2011, 12:27:54 PM »
Yeah, I know I'm the odd one out when I support Brandon. I truly do think he was trying to do the right thing.

If anything, though, at least he gets people talking. Interesting but Controversial people> People with no personality. Makes this season A LOT better than the last....

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #67 on: November 13, 2011, 12:35:18 PM »
Oh my God, last season... all I remembered was knowing Rob will win about 5 episodes into the series. :lol:

But the last season that was really good was Heroes VS Villians... I think we need Queen Parv, Cirie and Amanda again. Can they invite back GIRLS PAST PLAYERS and stop inviting the guys? LOL

I have a feeling Brandon is already in their next Allstars list. :lol:

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #68 on: November 13, 2011, 04:36:01 PM »
Well, I think they've stopped the returning player thing....
Although I do want to see Rob C. back. ( I just realized how random that is)

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #69 on: November 13, 2011, 04:36:37 PM »
Stacey and Christine need redemption!

Offline StephenWasHere

• RFF Full Member
  • *gasp* You are SUCH a liar, Tom!
« Reply #70 on: November 13, 2011, 04:46:45 PM »
Stacey and Christine need redemption!
THIS SO MUCH! I think Christine has an All-Stars spot locked up (hopefully)
TAR25- Shelley/Nici, Amy/Maya, Kym/Alli, Keith/Whitney
Survivor SJDS: Natalie, Jeremy, Baylor

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #71 on: November 13, 2011, 09:05:50 PM »

Thank you Cocoa.

really everyone, there is NO need. All you are doing is slowing down the page for everyone else. :res:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Kate04

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #72 on: November 16, 2011, 05:55:08 AM »

Georgia - Haven't checked for a few days but I had earlier asked when contestants begin going to the Ponderosa???

One comment about Brandon - he lost me when he turned so viciously on Mikayla, and for what??  For being female??  He is worse than his uncle IMO  Does he think he is fooling everyone  :duno: Not me.