Author Topic: TAR Australia 2 SPECULATION and DISCUSSION of Spoilers  (Read 102273 times)

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR Australia 2 SPECULATION and DISCUSSION of Spoilers
« Reply #125 on: December 06, 2011, 02:11:44 AM »
My Guess: After Canada teams will go down the coast to Californa than down to south america before going to nz for the 1st part of the final leg before a brisbane finsh line

lets see if i can make this 2 for 2 (i guessed teams would go to duabi after india)

i think they are going to duabi,uae after india (my guess)
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 02:32:01 AM by theamazingracer21 »

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #126 on: December 06, 2011, 03:09:08 AM »
France leg looks like TBC since the time spotted...

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #127 on: December 06, 2011, 06:42:40 PM »
Cuba's... an odd choice, but no more so than Israel last season. There's no travel advisories against it, and we don't have the weird "you can visit all you want, but you can't spend any money to support their economy" restriction the US has against Cuba.

It does suggest there won't be a visit to the US itself, though.

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #128 on: December 06, 2011, 07:17:40 PM »
Cuba's... an odd choice, but no more so than Israel last season. There's no travel advisories against it, and we don't have the weird "you can visit all you want, but you can't spend any money to support their economy" restriction the US has against Cuba.

We only have 1 piece of evidence of Cuba so its not confirmed but it looks legitimate based on location and timeframe. We do have a gap between Paris and Vancouver. Havana to Vancouver via Toronto transit is the speculation. It also looks likely 2 legs in Canada? We may be then down to 4 teams, which would leave 2 or 3 legs left (if there is a final NEL).

US would be a good option giving direct flights back to the East coast of Australia. Also New Zealand could be an option too.
"I wish the world was flat like the old days, and I could travel just by folding a map."

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #129 on: December 06, 2011, 07:25:35 PM »

I think tarfly was suggesting that they would not visit the USA because they went to Cuba first.
I've been to Cuba many times and it's never caused me any problems with travel to any other country.
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #130 on: December 06, 2011, 07:52:13 PM »
THEY COULD END AMERICAN BESCAUSE THAT TARI DID

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #131 on: December 07, 2011, 12:12:14 AM »

I think tarfly was suggesting that they would not visit the USA because they went to Cuba first.
I've been to Cuba many times and it's never caused me any problems with travel to any other country.

I can remember the last few times I've had to do my visitation visas to the US they've asked questions about Cuba. And I know that when I got my work visa to do the summer camp they told me I would not be allowed to enter the USA if I had been to Cuba already on the trip.

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #132 on: December 07, 2011, 01:00:27 AM »
By the way, if the Grouse Mountain cable car seen in the spoiler pics looks familiar, it may be because it's the same one Fox Mulder was hanging from in that X-Files episode where Scully was abducted by aliens.

(I know wayyyy too much about regular Vancouver TV filming locations.)

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #133 on: December 07, 2011, 09:50:05 AM »
Yes it could!

It looks like TAR Australia will go from Vancouver to Location Removed. Banff. I'm going to have to hunt down the episode when it airs. I love Vancouver and Location Removed Banff!

After thinking it over, I've removed the info until after the next leg has been run as I don't want to cause people to show up and interfere with the filming. Vancouver sounded chaotic and it appears that at least one location was scrapped due to the presence of fans. I don't want a repeat of that. I've passed on the information to Peach to put it up later or I'll do it myself. If it doesn't get posted before then, which is likely.

From PLAIDMOON:

I found this tweet:

JefferySimpson Jeffery Simpson
The Amazing Race stop in Vancouver enroute to Banff. pic.twitter.com/iS9m2vtE
3 hours ago

Since they are leaving at 7 AM and 8 AM this morning (Tuesday) for a 9-10 hour bus ride to Banff, they won't get there before sunset tonight and I expect an HOO. Therefore, most of the activity will likely be on Wednesday.

Plaidmoon,
 A Tweeter may think it's only a 9-10 hour bus trip, but I took the train the opposite direction and it was about 24 hours so that doesn't compute. Here is the word on the bus trip:

The distance from Vancouver to Banff is 880 km (530 miles).  It takes 10½ hours to drive, not counting stops for scenery, food, fuel, and bathrooms.

With stops for food, fuel and bathrooms, figure more like 12 hours.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 11:03:58 AM by apskip »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #134 on: December 07, 2011, 10:48:51 AM »
BRRRR!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #135 on: December 07, 2011, 11:26:33 AM »

havr no seen this yet the team name that will mean vancouver was nel

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #136 on: December 07, 2011, 01:46:40 PM »
Yes it could!

It looks like TAR Australia will go from Vancouver to Location Removed. Banff. I'm going to have to hunt down the episode when it airs. I love Vancouver and Location Removed Banff!

After thinking it over, I've removed the info until after the next leg has been run as I don't want to cause people to show up and interfere with the filming. Vancouver sounded chaotic and it appears that at least one location was scrapped due to the presence of fans. I don't want a repeat of that. I've passed on the information to Peach to put it up later or I'll do it myself. If it doesn't get posted before then, which is likely.

From PLAIDMOON:

I found this tweet:

3 hours ago

Since they are leaving at 7 AM and 8 AM this morning (Tuesday) for a 9-10 hour bus ride to Banff, they won't get there before sunset tonight and I expect an HOO. Therefore, most of the activity will likely be on Wednesday.

Plaidmoon,
 A Tweeter may think it's only a 9-10 hour bus trip, but I took the train the opposite direction and it was about 24 hours so that doesn't compute. Here is the word on the bus trip:

The distance from Vancouver to Banff is 880 km (530 miles).  It takes 10½ hours to drive, not counting stops for scenery, food, fuel, and bathrooms.

With stops for food, fuel and bathrooms, figure more like 12 hours.

I got the 9 to 10 hours by googling for driving time estimates. I saw everything from 9 to 12 hours without stops. I was being optimistic. I figured they probably handed them bag lunches for the bus ride, but they may very well have stopped for a meal and gas break somewhere. The driver surely needed it. I don't think the estimate mattered much since they were surely going to arrive after sundown. I was confident they would have an HOO rather than shoot at night and miss the mountain scenery. Why go to Banff and not show off the mountains? Given the teams were seen running around late in the evening, you're probably right about 12 hours. It may have been 13 or 14 hours.

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #137 on: December 07, 2011, 02:22:37 PM »
I love the fact that they're going out of the city!  :cmas9

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #138 on: December 07, 2011, 02:46:51 PM »
@Mandiepants23
Mandie S
Amazing race at our hotel!!! What the hell is going on

(She's from Alberta)

More specifically, her twitter page says she's at Lake Louise, Alberta. Lake Louise is about 60 km (or 40 miles) from Banff and is another scenic landmark. It's not at all surprising they would be going there.

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #139 on: December 07, 2011, 02:47:58 PM »
erikafernandez Erika Fernandez
Australian amazing race cutting through the Fairmont so amazinggg
Fairmont would be The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise...
Probably the most beautiful hotel in the world - especially in winter.
http://www.fairmont.com/lakelouise/Photos/
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 02:52:13 PM by walkingpneumonia »
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline dbwn87

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #140 on: December 07, 2011, 02:50:21 PM »
Having driven from Banff to Vancouver before, I would say 11-12 hours is probably the fastest a car could make the trip. The highways will also be very snowy, so there could have been many delays on the way there as well.

Offline dbwn87

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #141 on: December 07, 2011, 02:51:48 PM »
This is the Fairmont Lake Louise. Definitely one of the top attractions in all of Canada.

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
« Reply #142 on: December 07, 2011, 02:53:10 PM »
From PLAIDMOON:

I found this tweet:

3 hours ago

FULL Photo credit to Jeffrey Simpson.

FYI, the signup board was in front of the Westin Bayshore hotel.

Can you see picture name bottom that?

Shane & Anc_____?
Paul & Steve?
Grace & Josh?
Joanne & Mich__??
Emilia & Lo___?
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 09:25:28 PM by georgiapeach »
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #143 on: December 07, 2011, 09:13:15 PM »
I'm guessing Calgary would be a good exit point.
"I wish the world was flat like the old days, and I could travel just by folding a map."

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #144 on: December 07, 2011, 10:11:30 PM »
You bet. The only other major airports within about 500 miles from Banff are Vancouver and Edmonton and Calgary International Airport is only about 80 miles.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #145 on: December 08, 2011, 05:51:47 PM »
There are Fairmont Hotels both in Banff Springs (Fairmont Banff Springs) and in Calgary (Fairmont Palliser).

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #146 on: December 08, 2011, 06:17:56 PM »
In looking at ARAus2 from an overview perspective, I believe it is about to finish in North America and head from Calgary airport back to Australia or to New Zealand for the finish. In considering the options, the most likely in my opinion is an east coast city in Australia that is not Sydney (that was the start of the race). That most likely means Brisbane. The alternative is Auckland, New Zealand . The most direct and straightforward flight connections to either one are in Los Angeles. I expect teams to do this:

to Brisbane - AC568 YYC LAX 0800 1010  connecting with  QA16 LAX BNE 2350 0730+2

to Auckland - AC568 YYC LAX 0800 1010  connecting with  NZ1 LAX AKL 2115 0715+2  or with NZ5 LAX AKL 2200 0750+2

Just in case, I am also offering another non-East-coastal Australian city, Melbourne:
AC568 YYC LAX 0800 1010  connecting with  V 12 LAX MEL 2230 0915+2  or  QA94 2330 1005+2
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 06:22:55 PM by apskip »

Offline maf

• RFF TAR Chronicler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #147 on: December 09, 2011, 01:07:10 AM »
In looking at ARAus2 from an overview perspective, I believe it is about to finish in North America and head from Calgary airport back to Australia or to New Zealand for the finish.

So soon? There were six teams in Vancouver, assuming one got eliminated there and one in Lake Louse we still have four teams. I would expect them to eliminate one more team before heading back to Australia. But they could of course do that on New Zealand.

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #148 on: December 09, 2011, 01:18:31 AM »
And there are definitely five spaces on the sign-up board for the Banff buses. I'd bet this is what's happening:

Leg 1 - Sydney to Manila to Legazpi (11 down to 10)
Leg 2 - Legazpi to Baguio (10 down to 9)
Leg 3 - Baguio to Delhi (NEL)
Leg 4 - Delhi to Dubai (9 down to 8)
Leg 5 - Dubai to Istanbul (8 down to 7)
Leg 6 - Istanbul to Gelibolu (NEL)
Leg 7 - Gelibolu to Paris (7 down to 6)
Leg 8 - Paris to Havana (NEL)
Leg 9 - Havana to Vancouver (6 down to 5)
Leg 10 - Vancouver to Banff (5 down to 4)
Leg 11 - Banff to ???, likely Los Angeles or some other western US city (4 down to 3)
Leg 12 - ??? to Honolulu to ???, likely Brisbane/Gold Coast area (finale)

Looks like we've still got two legs left.

DavidJunior

« Reply #149 on: December 09, 2011, 01:20:24 AM »
In looking at ARAus2 from an overview perspective, I believe it is about to finish in North America and head from Calgary airport back to Australia or to New Zealand for the finish. In considering the options, the most likely in my opinion is an east coast city in Australia that is not Sydney (that was the start of the race). That most likely means Brisbane. The alternative is Auckland, New Zealand . The most direct and straightforward flight connections to either one are in Los Angeles. I expect teams to do this:

to Brisbane - AC568 YYC LAX 0800 1010  connecting with  QA16 LAX BNE 2350 0730+2

to Auckland - AC568 YYC LAX 0800 1010  connecting with  NZ1 LAX AKL 2115 0715+2  or with NZ5 LAX AKL 2200 0750+2

Just in case, I am also offering another non-East-coastal Australian city, Melbourne:
AC568 YYC LAX 0800 1010  connecting with  V 12 LAX MEL 2230 0915+2  or  QA94 2330 1005+2

I don't think we're going to have a finale with 4 (maybe 5) teams still racing...

I think we have at least one more leg, if not two, or even three (if Calgary turned out to be an NEL) before the finale

I would say either Western South America (Ecuador, Peru), Japan, or China would be more likely as our next location(s)