Author Topic: TAR Australia 2 LOCATION Spoilers  (Read 20931 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
TAR Australia 2 LOCATION Spoilers
« on: October 25, 2011, 02:48:02 AM »
All discussion of locations from the spoiler threads go here.

NO WISHLISTS!! There is another thread for those if you must.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR Australia 2 LOCATION Spoilers
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2011, 02:53:12 AM »
saved
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline ovalorange

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2011, 09:12:23 PM »
I've talked this over with peach and she feels it's okay to post...

It looks like we might just have our first location for TAR AUS 2 :hoot:

Thanks to this tweet, it appears that TAR AUS will be at the Cagsawa Ruins on the 19th of November.

« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 10:00:43 PM by ovalorange »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2011, 09:17:14 PM »
Normally we would not reveal a location time and place for sure.

BUT this is SO public already. :groan:

Clear this isn't the start, and guess they will have to reevaluate their security after this premature reveal!!

But I did a quick search, and it is OUT there...so ...

Anyway, GREAT find ovalorange!!

Could be first or even several legs later... ???

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2011, 09:50:10 PM »
I've read that they are actually needing "800 audiences" for something on November 19.
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2011, 09:52:00 PM »
I've read that they are actually needing "800 audiences" for something on November 19.

Read where? ???
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2011, 10:33:53 PM »
The Tweet and  info on Facebook have now been deleted!

Wow someone in the Philippines tourism board has failed to understand the non-disclosure agreement! This makes a couple of leaks so far before the race has even started!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 10:48:33 PM by RichInSydney »
"I wish the world was flat like the old days, and I could travel just by folding a map."

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2011, 11:51:09 PM »
One place saying the 19th, one the 21st??

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2011, 12:00:57 AM »
One place saying the 19th, one the 21st??
Also, what about the article about teams in Ilocos Norte in December too?

I guess we go by 19th as its the most recent info we have.
"I wish the world was flat like the old days, and I could travel just by folding a map."

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2011, 12:03:04 AM »
And the only one which mentioned TAR AUS was the one on the 19th.

Offline ovalorange

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2011, 12:25:26 AM »
Doesn't the second one imply TAR AUS? Unless it translates into something completely different, doesn't the last one say something along the lines of "All of them (the teams) come from outside the country"... I'm thinking it actually may be relevant to TAR AUS, I mean who else is going to be filming there a few days later?

I'm speculating we may possibly have two legs in the Philippines then?  :duno: (I'm just speculating from the dates, nothing more than a guess).

I can't believe we have this much already and we don't even know where the starting line or first destination is  :lol:

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2011, 08:21:51 PM »
Philippine location spoilers!

After the success of The Amazing Race Asia Season 4 showcasing the immense beauty of Albay and the majestic Mount Mayon now comes the Amazing Race Australia as they choose Legazpi City as the next pitstop.

The Amazing Race Australia will visit Legazpi City this month (confidential) and the detours and challenges will be shot in picturesque locations such as Legazpi Airport, Lignon Hill, Mt. Mayon, Cagsawa Ruins, Cagraray Island and Misibis Bay.

Source: http://www.byaherosnapshots.com/2011/11/amazing-race-australia-next-leg-legazpi.html

Offline wangsacl

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2011, 09:47:42 AM »
This was posted on TARA 4's facebook page less than 24 hours ago. It seems they will be using (almost) the exact same task as from TARA 4 (seeing the pattern from the first TARAus)

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2428811072322&set=t.100001573758309&type=1&theater

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2011, 09:51:33 AM »
This was posted on TARA 4's facebook page less than 24 hours ago. It seems they will be using (almost) the exact same task as from TARA 4 (seeing the pattern from the first TARAus)

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2428811072322&set=t.100001573758309&type=1&theater

I can't see the link, you need a certain permission to see it..

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2011, 10:02:19 AM »
Thanks wang! :hearts:

I have invited him to come over here! You need to log in to FB to see it.

Credit to Victor A. Lagana for the fabulous pic!

« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 07:33:43 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2011, 03:59:14 AM »
Some location spoilers about Philippines. Possibly the first leg as it is near Manila?

"Amazing race have been here b4. In Laguna- my province :)) they went 2 Victoria &called it giant Duck??"

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2011, 04:06:04 AM »
Some location spoilers about Philippines. Possibly the first leg as it is near Manila?

"Amazing race have been here b4. In Laguna- my province :)) they went 2 Victoria &called it giant Duck??"

This is referring to TAR 5, which went to Victoria in Laguna. The giant duck sits near the site of the famous ox Detour.

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2011, 04:48:14 AM »

This is referring to TAR 5, which went to Victoria in Laguna. The giant duck sits near the site of the famous ox Detour.
Oh okay sorry. I belive you have been in contact with her? So is she saying they came to her town? Or just Philippines in general?

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2011, 05:03:50 AM »
Oh no, its just in Season 5 they went to Victoria, Laguna and did a Detour where they referred to the 'giant duck', which I'm guessing is a name the locals don't use. So I'm assuming that's what she's talking about when she says 'Amazing race have been here b4'.

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2011, 08:40:53 PM »
I have another student witness that appears to comfirm that Amazing Race camera crew were at Le Cordon Bleu cooking school in Paris on 30 Nov local. I'm trying to get more info on this but I don't hold much hope of any photos.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2011, 04:59:42 PM »
Yay for the Philippines! But :( at it being more TARA repeats.

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2011, 12:06:46 AM »
I think Fraser Island is a perfect location to finish, as there are some previous shows took filming there such as "walking with dinosaur" from BBC and so on...

But on the other side, because it's summer here in aussie, I assume there are bucketloads of tourists enjoying the sun...  :cmas19

there's a blog that explained the details on the location :
http://blog.travelpod.com/travel-blog-entries/gabri123/1/1317833544/tpod.html
TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2011, 01:22:36 PM »
The quickest way to Fraser is direct to Inskip via the Bruce Highway to Gympie and then out to Rainbow beach and Inskip. About a three hour drive (200km to Gympie and about 80 to Rainbow) Barge takes about 15 minutes to Hook Point.

Another way is continue on through Gympie to Maryborough, (about 300km) then in to Hervey Bay to get the barge from River Heads. Allow about 4 hours this way. The barge takes about 45 minutes to the Kingfisher Resort. A third way is to take a barge from Hervey Bay.

World Heritage site Fraser Island is the world’s largest sand island, just north of Rainbow Beach. A four wheel drive vehicle is needed to see the island’s attractions, from beautiful Lake McKenzie to the rainforest near Central Station and the coloured cliffs of the Cathedrals.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 01:31:00 PM by apskip »

Offline BayBay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2011, 06:58:44 PM »
The quickest way to Fraser is direct to Inskip via the Bruce Highway to Gympie and then out to Rainbow beach and Inskip. About a three hour drive (200km to Gympie and about 80 to Rainbow) Barge takes about 15 minutes to Hook Point.

Another way is continue on through Gympie to Maryborough, (about 300km) then in to Hervey Bay to get the barge from River Heads. Allow about 4 hours this way. The barge takes about 45 minutes to the Kingfisher Resort. A third way is to take a barge from Hervey Bay.

World Heritage site Fraser Island is the world’s largest sand island, just north of Rainbow Beach. A four wheel drive vehicle is needed to see the island’s attractions, from beautiful Lake McKenzie to the rainforest near Central Station and the coloured cliffs of the Cathedrals.

Thanks Wikipedia!