Author Topic: TAR Australia 2 SPOILERS & LIVE Sightings! Tweets go here *please read post 1*  (Read 105922 times)

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster

"No sightings in Havana!" This can't be a surprise since their ruled by a dictator who has them basically living like its 1912. Plus I doubt they have much in the the way of picture technology, or freedom of the press.

Written by someone who obviously has never been to Cuba and is completely uneducated as to the reality of life there. Don't believe everything the American government controlled media tells you about Cuba.

And, with the second highest literacy rate in the world, a Cuban would know the correct usage of the word "their".

Actually, it is quite a surprise that there are no race photos given the number of tourists in Cuba at that time of year. The 3 daily flights from Havana to Toronto are usually full in December. Alternatively they could have flown from Veradero (5 flights per day) or some of the other resort cities. I suspect they stayed well hidden both on the ground and in the air because it is such a well know tourist destination.
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline AR FAN

• RFF Full Member

"No sightings in Havana!" This can't be a surprise since their ruled by a dictator who has them basically living like its 1912. Plus I doubt they have much in the the way of picture technology, or freedom of the press.

Written by someone who obviously has never been to Cuba and is completely uneducated as to the reality of life there. Don't believe everything the American government controlled media tells you about Cuba.

And, with the second highest literacy rate in the world, a Cuban would know the correct usage of the word "their".

Actually, it is quite a surprise that there are no race photos given the number of tourists in Cuba at that time of year. The 3 daily flights from Havana to Toronto are usually full in December. Alternatively they could have flown from Veradero (5 flights per day) or some of the other resort cities. I suspect they stayed well hidden both on the ground and in the air because it is such a well know tourist destination.
Hey moron relax. It was meant primarily as a joke, however accurate it was. I doubt you have ever actually been to Cuba yourself so quit talking like you know what your talking about. I've talk to several people who have been there, both on and off base, and they describe it in the fashion I wrote about. To say there are a "number of tourists" and "known tourist destination"  is a gross overstatement.
By the way their was used in the correct tense and the American media is anything but government controled. Grow up.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Hey moron relax. It was meant primarily as a joke, however accurate it was. I doubt you have ever actually been to Cuba yourself so quit talking like you know what your talking about. I've talk to several people who have been there, both on and off base, and they describe it in the fashion I wrote about. To say there are a "number of tourists" and "known tourist destination"  is a gross overstatement.
By the way their was used in the correct tense and the American media is anything but government controled. Grow up.

Rudeness to others is neither tolerated nor accepted here.

We have ONE big rule:

Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline AR FAN

• RFF Full Member

Rudeness to others is neither tolerated nor accepted here.

We have ONE big rule:

Whoops! Sorry Peach, will do. It was mainly meant as a joke that got taken in the wrong way.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 11:51:34 AM by AR FAN »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Thanks!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline ovalorange

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
It appears teams arrived at the Starting Line via seaplanes:

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Sydney-Seaplanes/De-Havilland-Canada/2021513/M/

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Have a Treat for you!!  :hearts:

Katie Foster (writer/expat/blogger) was also at Meydan on TAR day and has graciously allowed us to share in her experience!

You can see the blog here:
http://arabiantalesandotheramazingadventures.blogspot.com/2011/12/never-dull-moment-in-dubai-amazing-race.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+ArabianTalesAndOtherAmazingAdventures+%28Arabian+Tales+and+Other+Amazing+Adventures%29

But best of all, this wonderful video! Enjoy!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/61TqojkAb3M?version=3&amp;amp;hl" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/61TqojkAb3M?version=3&amp;amp;hl</a>

RFF's Golden Rule:

paldog123456

Awesome! I see one of the girls holding a red clue, so I assume it's a Roadblock in which team members need to pick winners or bet to get a certain amount of money.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
The video shows they have to pick a winning horse to get their next clue. But not a RB, teams are both involved.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Caps from Katie's awesome video! Full photo credit to Katie Foster!

A closer look at a couple of our teams than we have had:

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
 :groan: A handbooking challenge?
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
What is handbooking? They had to choose which horse won the races...
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
What is handbooking? They had to choose which horse won the races...
I meant to bet on horses...

I didn't know the exact word in English for describing a horse bet, and the online dictionary came up with this word "handbooking." Maybe this dictionary is not reliable. :lol:
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 08:44:13 AM by SuperTux »
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline bc922

• RFF Full Member
Now that the cast has been officially revealed, I think the 6th team who makes it to Vancouver (and is eliminated) is James & Sarah.  Based on their cast picture and the picture I caught of a team at Grouse Mountain (and the picture at Harbour Green Park, which I now believe are the same team), they seem like the only possible match.  The top of Sarah's head appears to be level with James' mouth or nose, which is similar to the couple I spotted:

The only other male/female team that has a male with short, dark coloured/brown hair is Joseph & Grace but I had spotted them leaving Grouse Mountain before this other team even arrived.  Plus, Grace's hair was braided when I spotted her. 

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Thanks bc!!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
Popped up in the live chat with Sarah and James:

SarahJames:
@Jess, YES! We are burnt by trusting one of the other teams, we can't say which team yet!

Probably won't amount to much, but we shall see.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
Ok.  I found this on Twitter today:

I posted 12 photos on Facebook in the album "The Amazing Race Australia in Misibis Bay" http://fb.me/2b6jyf9gy

I guess it still counts as a live sighting.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
:tup: Love them!
RFF's Golden Rule: