Author Topic: TAR Australia 2 SPOILERS & LIVE Sightings! Tweets go here *please read post 1*  (Read 105914 times)

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
Re: TAR Australia 2 SPOILERS & LIVE Sightings! Tweets go here *please read post
« Reply #150 on: December 12, 2011, 04:28:39 PM »
Does anyone had any idea if the teams are heading back home??
Because on the way home I saw about three trucks consist of filming production and crews at the Flagstaff Garde, Melbourne..
Need to double check though, hopefully it is true TAR Aus..
When was this? Can you get there now!? :) Teams should either be back already or coming back today/tomorrow.

Just now, and I'm on my way back to Flagstaff Garden just to double check, hopefully it is..
TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
Re: TAR Australia 2 SPOILERS & LIVE Sightings! Tweets go here *please read post
« Reply #151 on: December 12, 2011, 04:30:03 PM »
Does anyone had any idea if the teams are heading back home??
Because on the way home I saw about three trucks consist of filming production and crews at the Flagstaff Garde, Melbourne..
Need to double check though, hopefully it is true TAR Aus..
When was this? Can you get there now!? :) Teams should either be back already or coming back today/tomorrow.
Just now, and I'm on my way back to Flagstaff Garden just to double check, hopefully it is..

Good luck! Take your camera. :cmas16

« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 04:35:32 PM by RichInSydney »
"I wish the world was flat like the old days, and I could travel just by folding a map."

Offline ovalorange

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Have we got this?

wasteyourwishes Bridget
just got back from Lake McKenzie and they were filming the amazing race there! There were helicopters flying around and everything too!
1 hour ago

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
Have we got this?

wasteyourwishes Bridget
just got back from Lake McKenzie and they were filming the amazing race there! There were helicopters flying around and everything too!
1 hour ago
Good pick up! That is on Fraser Island in Queensland. Nearest main town is Hervey Bay, Maryborough and a bit further Bundaberg. This would line up nicely with Brisbane yesterday (a 3h30min to 4 hour drive). Unfortunately there is no mobile reception on Fraser Island. I guess we are looking at a romote town finish line?
"I wish the world was flat like the old days, and I could travel just by folding a map."

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
Have we got this?

wasteyourwishes Bridget
1 hour ago
Good pick up! That is on Fraser Island in Queensland. Nearest main town is Hervey Bay, Maryborough and a bit further Bundaberg. This would line up nicely with Brisbane yesterday (a 3h30min to 4 hour drive). Unfortunately there is no mobile reception on Fraser Island. I guess we are looking at a romote town finish line?

No way I'm driving up there!  :cmaslol

Offline ovalorange

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Have we got this?

wasteyourwishes Bridget
1 hour ago

Okay, so she's replied and told me they were filming helicopters of the coast today.... she saw no teams or any other filming. She was told that the helicopters were filming for the race.

However, she's told me that others told her they were filming there yesterday, which I would presume would be the actual racers running themselves.

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
Have we got this?

wasteyourwishes Bridget
1 hour ago

Okay, so she's replied and told me they were filming helicopters of the coast today.... she saw no teams or any other filming. She was told that the helicopters were filming for the race.

However, she's told me that others told her they were filming there yesterday, which I would presume would be the actual racers running themselves.
Could be a practice run? Well I'm guessing the race must be either finished today or tomorrow latest?

Offline ovalorange

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
It could have been, she really didn't seem like she knew a great deal herself. I was just presuming, but it's not confirmed.

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
Just picked up this one (I know Thursday, 15th of Dec now in Aussie) but look :

@xuanneh Jing Xuan
Was at a bus stop and suddenly a woman started talking to me about post office, Christmas cards, good karma and the amazing race at 730pm
8 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Might be teams were doing final tasks in brisbane???
TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline ovalorange

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Sounds like to me they were discussing the airing of TAR19's finale here in Australia tonight. I doubt it's TAR AUS 2 related at all. But thanks for looking ZouLy!

Offline amazinglatinoamericafan

• RFF Full Member
can be possible!! :cmas22

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
As far as we know, TARaus 2 may be  done...there is a possible sighting that suggests the race could have finished on Fraser Island, QLD. (see above)
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
We have another Meydan Racetrack sighting with some new and as yet unseen teams!

Katie Foster has written an wonderful account of the day which you can read here:
http://networkedblogs.com/rFKgy

Best of all, she has shared a video with many new faces! I have invited her here, let's hope she comes!!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/bpW1soNDfUc?version=3&amp;amp;hl" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/bpW1soNDfUc?version=3&amp;amp;hl</a>

We will cap these out if Katie gives the okay!

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Hmmm...

... And speaking of the Amazing Race, THEY WERE FILMING WHILE I WAS AT DARLING HARBOUR!!!!

Thursday night? Sydney?? :cmas18
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
For what it's worth, that blog post from Katie Foster is also available at http://arabiantalesandotheramazingadventures.blogspot.com/2011/12/never-dull-moment-in-dubai-amazing-race.html.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Hmmm...

... And speaking of the Amazing Race, THEY WERE FILMING WHILE I WAS AT DARLING HARBOUR!!!!

Thursday night? Sydney?? :cmas18

Could this be TAR 20 after a leg in South Africa and before a final leg somewhere in the western US?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Doubt it...they were just in Sydney.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Doubt it...they were just in Sydney.

Oh yeah. I remember that getting discussed briefly at the time.  :cmaslol

It's probably not TAR US then. Memories of Coutzy are still fresh in their minds.

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
We have another Meydan Racetrack sighting with some new and as yet unseen teams!

Katie Foster has written an wonderful account of the day which you can read here:
http://networkedblogs.com/rFKgy

Best of all, she has shared a video with many new faces! I have invited her here, let's hope she comes!!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/bpW1soNDfUc?version=3&amp;amp;hl" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/bpW1soNDfUc?version=3&amp;amp;hl</a>

We will cap these out if Katie gives the okay!
This video has been taken down by the user :( Did we get any screenshots?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Yes, but not posting them without an okay. She is not available for the next two weeks, but has promised to be in touch then.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Some Istanbul photos; Peach tells me it's the Caristos.

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
Some Istanbul photos; Peach tells me it's the Caristos.
Nice find! 2 teams spotted appear to be Grace and Joseph and the tattooed arm male (from a m/m team) spotted at the pit stop in India.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I just found a couple of tweets which appear to be referring to TAR Australia:

hey_johnnypark Jonas B
Have soeben herausgefunden, dass die TV Show, die am 1. Dez mit uns von Paris nach Havanna geflogen ist "The Amazing Race Australia" war.
17 minutes ago

Google translates this from German (he's from Ulm) as:

I just found out that the TV show, which at first December flew with us from Paris to Havana's "The Amazing Race Australia" was.

Also this tweet (which mentions us):

hey_johnnypark Jonas B
Die beiden superblonden Teilnehmerinnen waren auch einfach nicht zu übersehen: forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topi… #TAR #Australia
22 minutes ago

Translated through Google:

The two super blond participants were also not easy to overlook:

His link goes to here: http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,26377.75.html, and the two very blonde twins or sisters are in pictures at the horse race track.

I don't know if we have any mention of his sighting from the time of the race.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 04:23:57 PM by Plaidmoon »

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member

hey_johnnypark Jonas B
Have soeben herausgefunden, dass die TV Show, die am 1. Dez mit uns von Paris nach Havanna geflogen ist "The Amazing Race Australia" war.
17 minutes ago

I just found out that the TV show, which at first December flew with us from Paris to Havana's "The Amazing Race Australia" was.

hey_johnnypark Jonas B
Die beiden superblonden Teilnehmerinnen waren auch einfach nicht zu übersehen: forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topi… #TAR #Australia
22 minutes ago

His link goes to here: http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,26377.75.html, and the two very blonde twins or sisters are in pictures at the horse race track.

Nice find! We only had 1 other piece of evidence for Havana, now we have 2. Although we have had no sightings actually in Havana we have had 2 on flights so this gives us a clear link of Paris -> Havana -> Canada (Vancouver via Toronto)

Offline AR FAN

• RFF Full Member

hey_johnnypark Jonas B
17 minutes ago

hey_johnnypark Jonas B
22 minutes ago

Nice find! We only had 1 other piece of evidence for Havana, now we have 2. Although we have had no sightings actually in Havana we have had 2 on flights so this gives us a clear link of Paris -> Havana -> Canada (Vancouver via Toronto)

"No sightings in Havana!" This can't be a surprise since their ruled by a dictator who has them basically living like its 1912. Plus I doubt they have much in the the way of picture technology, or freedom of the press.