Author Topic: TAR Australia 2 SPOILERS & LIVE Sightings! Tweets go here *please read post 1*  (Read 105906 times)

Offline dbwn87

• RFF Not So Newbie
Found a photo tweeted about 2 hours ago... this is in downtown Vancouver, so I imagine teams were hailing a cab to take them up to Grouse

One team from the amazing race, trying to hail a cab. #yvr http://instagr.am/p/XhD-E/

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Coal Harbour
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
That is the (??)Father/son or Older younger MM team last seen at the Dubai racetrack!

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,26377.msg687293.html#msg687293
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 01:23:00 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline dbwn87

• RFF Not So Newbie
Sadly I haven't got anything to report after my walk along the Coal Harbour Seawall, other than the fact that I saw the previously mentioned sailboat sail away from the dock. Didn't see anything that would indicate it was related to TAR. It had a banner that said "Abracadabra" in pretty large letters, so I am hypothesizing that a clue might have said "Find abracadabra in Coal Harbour". The boat also had a banner for this company http://www.blastsailing.com/race.html, so it is a racing sailboat. I doubt a racing sailboat would be moored in this location on a Monday morning unless it was TAR related...

I also walked through the seaplane terminal and didn't see any sign that there had been any TAR-related activity there today :(
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 03:18:15 PM by dbwn87 »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Thanks for going though!!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline dbwn87

• RFF Not So Newbie
FINALLY another tweet with a bit of information to go with:

A friend of mine spotted Amazing Race contestants running down Denman with paddles and life jackets today. They finally came to Vancouver!
this was posted to twitter 5 minutes ago.

The picture Peach posted above is very close to Denman, and Denman goes right down to the water of Coal Harbour.

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
@Tybielipetz
Tybie Lipetz
A friend of mine spotted Amazing Race contestants running down Denman with paddles and life jackets today. They finally came to Vancouver!
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline bc922

• RFF Full Member
I was able to catch a few things today in between studying for exams.  It's not super extensive, as it's just bits and pieces of information and evidence, but hopefully this will help:

At Harbour Green Park, I noticed several two-person kayaks (it was difficult to tell how many there were but it looked like 5), which would fit in with the tweet regarding teams "running down Denman with paddles and life jackets."   I was only able to catch one team (male/female) there, who were possibly the last team.  There were people packing up after they left, including one camera man (I'm not sure if they were production or some news channel) who was getting shots of the boat flags.  They left the area around 11:30am and went up to Hastings St.  I'm assuming they hopped into a taxi as I had lost them after walking up Bute St.  I did manage to see something blue in their hands (Route Info?).

I then headed up to Grouse Mountain, where I found some teams heading up/down the tram.  At about 1:20, a male/female team came out of a tram.  I overheard the female yell to their taxi driver something like "this is the finish line," which I'm assuming was the Pit Stop for this leg of the race.  I overheard a woman and her kids saying something about Crab Park, which may have been the Pit Stop location.  This team had some problems with money (they didn't have enough) but left Grouse within 10 minutes.  I'm not sure if they begged for money when they entered the Starbucks or not.

During this time, a male/female team had just arrived at Grouse Mountain.  (They may have been the team I saw leaving Harbour Green Park earlier)

The other team I saw was a female/female and they had just got off the tram at about 1:30-1:35.  As they were running to the taxi, I spotted one of the teammates holding a red Roadblock clue (Grouse Mountain=Roadblock). 

After the female/female team left, I stayed for ~20minutes but nobody else came down during that time.  Unfortunately, I wasn't able to stay any longer to get a glimpse of the other teams or head out to Crab Park.  I was able to get some pictures but some aren't that great due to the distance and angle.

Pictures:

At Harbour Green Park:
-Male/Female team
-Male/Female team about to leave the park
-Man on boat handing out the clue
-Kayaks
-Better picture of kayaks
-Race Flag

At Grouse Mountain:
-Male/Female team leaving Grouse Mountain
-Another picture of the male/female team
-Male/Female team leaving in the taxi

-Male/Female team arriving at Grouse Mountain (possibly the same team I saw at Harbour Green Park)

-Female/Female team leaving Grouse Mountain
-Another picture of the female/female team

-Tram

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
 :jam: :wine: bc922 rocks!! Well done and 3 Aussie cheers to you :jumpy:
"I wish the world was flat like the old days, and I could travel just by folding a map."

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
It looks like TAR Australia will go from Vancouver to Location Removed. I'm going to have to hunt down the episode when it airs. I love Vancouver and Location Removed!

After thinking it over, I've removed the info until after the next leg has been run as I don't want to cause people to show up and interfere with the filming. Vancouver sounded chaotic and it appears that at least one location was scrapped due to the presence of fans. I don't want a repeat of that. I've passed on the information to Peach to put it up later or I'll do it myself. If it doesn't get posted before then, which is likely.

Peach, your PM inbox is full. Check your email.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 04:40:16 AM by Plaidmoon »

Offline BayBay

• RFF Frantic Poster
Final 5 already!!

Shane and Andy
Paul and Steve
Grace and Josh?
Joanne and Mi..
Emilia and L..

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Final 5 already!!

Shane and Andy
Paul and Steve
Grace and Josh?
Joanne and Mi..
Emilia and L..

It didn't even occur to me that we didn't know their names! Or that it was the final 5.  :colors

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Here's another tweet from someone who claims to have helped out an Amazing Race contestant:

gretmoll Gretchen Moller
Helped a contestant out along the way #theamazingrace
3 hours ago

From her other tweets, she was flying from Toronto to JFK airport in New York City and then on to Santiago Chile. She apparently was having to deal with a flight cancellation from Toronto to JFK, but was tweeting from JFK. It's not clear whether she helped the contestant in Toronto or JFK but either would be possible if the teams were flying on to Vancouver. I saw where Peach said they were going from Havana to Vancouver. If that was the case, I expect she assisted the team in Toronto.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Bc922, this is wonderful!! :tu and great pics!! We have seen that F/F team before!

You did just right Plaidmoon, prob safe to post in a few hours. Vancouver was a security disaster, so we need to remain aware of the timing and safety of the racers. Great find!!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
http://bernie-cordonbleuparis-intermediate.blogspot.com/2011_11_27_archive.html

it's not exactly live sighting but it's a confirmation of Paris. The girl in the picture holds something that looks like a yellow TAR envelope.

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

it's not exactly live sighting but it's a confirmation of Paris. The girl in the picture holds something that looks like a yellow TAR envelope.

She also has a tag with the number 11.

Offline AR FAN

• RFF Full Member

She also has a tag with the number 11.

Also, the blonde standing directly behind her appears to be one of the blondes from the Dubai race track.

Offline bc922

• RFF Full Member
Thanks RichInSydney and georgiapeach!  :)

The team in Paris looks a bit like the one I saw at Grouse Mountain.  The female also had a tag with the number 11 on her bag:

Offline amazinglatinoamericafan

• RFF Full Member
Please  read the above discussion. This info is being withheld until teams are closer to arrival for their safety. Thanks.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 12:43:50 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
Chally_wood Chantelle Lynn
Was that the amazing race running down Banff Avenue?
1 hour ago

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Yes it could!

It looks like TAR Australia will go from Vancouver to Location Removed. Banff. I'm going to have to hunt down the episode when it airs. I love Vancouver and Location Removed Banff!

After thinking it over, I've removed the info until after the next leg has been run as I don't want to cause people to show up and interfere with the filming. Vancouver sounded chaotic and it appears that at least one location was scrapped due to the presence of fans. I don't want a repeat of that. I've passed on the information to Peach to put it up later or I'll do it myself. If it doesn't get posted before then, which is likely.

From PLAIDMOON:

I found this tweet:

JefferySimpson Jeffery Simpson
The Amazing Race stop in Vancouver enroute to Banff. pic.twitter.com/iS9m2vtE
3 hours ago

Since they are leaving at 7 AM and 8 AM this morning (Tuesday) for a 9-10 hour bus ride to Banff, they won't get there before sunset tonight and I expect an HOO. Therefore, most of the activity will likely be on Wednesday.

Photo credit to Jeffrey Simpson
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 09:52:41 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Banff main Street WEBCAM>>LIVE!! Scrreencap what you see!

http://rockies.com/banffwebcam/downtown-banff-live-webcam/
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Caught a group of 4 running but did not know how to zoom in then!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Banff main Street WEBCAM>>LIVE!! Scrreencap what you see!

http://rockies.com/banffwebcam/downtown-banff-live-webcam/

I think people are getting a bit excited with the camera..

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Go watch!
RFF's Golden Rule: