Author Topic: TAR Australia 2 SPOILERS & LIVE Sightings! Tweets go here *please read post 1*  (Read 105920 times)

Offline ovalorange

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 12:52:56 AM by ovalorange »

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
Seems like a puzzle detour option?
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
2 teams both have number cards on their clothes,twins are"2",Father/Son(?) are"5".

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
Impressive work Ovalorange! :hearts: I'm smelling a promotion soon! :tup:

Ditto!
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline ovalorange

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Here are some more photos from Meydan that I forgot to add :) Thanks once again to Jani for these photos!

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
@hestonk
Heston Kan
apparently amazing race australia is in vancouver! heading to jack pool plaza j.mp/u22aD6 @andrewtrevjones @VancityBuzz

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
39 min ago: "There's news crews at Jack Poole Plaza. No flags, definitely no Phil"

Quite a bit of activity on Twitter now, lets not tell them its Amazing Race 'Australia'... they may be disappointed! lol.
"I wish the world was flat like the old days, and I could travel just by folding a map."

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
HAvanna supposedly?
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
1 hour ago "translink (TransLink BC): Should be at Jack Poole Plaza now. As to where they're going next, I bet they'll take SeaBus->LQ, then bus->Grouse Mtn? ^JJ"
"I wish the world was flat like the old days, and I could travel just by folding a map."

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
20 mins ago: "There was a gaggle of us waiting at the cauldron for 2 hours, no one ever arrived. :("

The caudron refering to the 2010 Winter Olympics cauldron thats located in Jack Poole Plaza...

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Have asked for more info...

MSBone
Amazing Race filming in downtown #vancouver right now! Anyone know what they're doing?
1 hour ago Favorite Retweet Reply

This would have been about 07:00 in the morning pacific time.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 10:50:19 AM by walkingpneumonia »
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Ooops - maybe tmi?

The tweet above ^---^ was replied to by someone from Saltspring Air, a floatplane service that flies from downtown Vancouver to beautiful Saltspring Island. I speculate they may be going somewhere by floatplane.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 12:49:49 PM by walkingpneumonia »

Offline dbwn87

• RFF Not So Newbie
Hey everyone, I work in Downtown Vancouver and am very excited for TAR filming in town! I work about 2 blocks from Jack Poole Plaza and the Olympic Cauldron, so I will go down on my lunch break today (in about 3 hours) to see if I can see anything.

Offline bc922

• RFF Full Member
The tweet above ^---^ was replied to by someone from Saltspring Air, a floatplane service that flies from downtown Vancouver to beautiful Saltspring Island. I speculate they may be going somewhere by floatplane.

Hey everybody!  I'm a longtime lurker here but huge fan of The Amazing Race.

I visited Jack Poole Plaza yesterday and Salt Spring Island Air is located just west of the cauldron.

If they are heading to Salt Spring Island, here is the departure info from Downtown Vancouver to Salt Spring Island:
Departure: 8:45am / 11:20am / 3:25am
Arrival: 9:25am / 12pm / 4:05pm

The website also has planes heading to Maple Bay, Pat Bay, and Gulf Islands that transfer or stop at Salt Spring Island.
These arrive at: 9:50am / 12:25pm / 4:30pm

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
:bigwelcome to RFF, dbwn87 and bc922!
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline bc922

• RFF Full Member
Grouse Mountain could be a possibility judging from these tweets:

27 minutes ago "At Grouse. Working on a tv show. First order of business: jumping from tram to tower platform. Pics to follow."
16 minutes ago "it's true. I am the chaperone for a camera guy onto tower two of the blue tram. I will take pics. Be up there by 11."

Offline dbwn87

• RFF Not So Newbie
Another floatplane company in Vancouver, Harbour Air, tweeted the following:

HarbourAirLtd Harbour Air Seaplane
The Amazing Race dropped by our downtown Vancouver freight department this morning! Keep your eyes peeled in Coal... fb.me/YgPCKzis

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
The trams:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline dbwn87

• RFF Not So Newbie
The person who tweeted info about Grouse Mountain earlier has confirmed in a reply to somebody that he is working with TAR, and he also tweeted pictures from his perch on one of the air tram's towers:

On the tower. A view from the top: http://yfrog.com/ocedtgj

More from Grouse Tower 2: http://yfrog.com/mnximij

I suspect the cameras are on the towers to film teams' arrivals or get shots of the tram coming up the mountain, because there is not really anything below the towers that they could be doing.

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
jadennyberg jadennyberg
@24hoursvan amazing race in coal harbor ow.ly/i/mNDB
16 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Offline canadianyvr

• RFF Not So Newbie

Offline dbwn87

• RFF Not So Newbie
jadennyberg jadennyberg
@24hoursvan amazing race in coal harbor ow.ly/i/mNDB
16 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

This is about 10 minutes from my work, I will be on my lunch in 2 hours so I will swing by and see if there is any action here today! FYI, this is the public dock at Harbour Green Park, which is literally right next to the seaplane terminal and Jack Poole Plaza at the Convention Centre

http://maps.google.ca/maps?q=harbour+green+park&hl=en&ll=49.290888,-123.11981&spn=0.01135,0.01929&sll=49.891235,-97.15369&sspn=46.225837,79.013672&vpsrc=6&hq=harbour+green+park&t=h&z=16

Offline caper

• StartLine Finder Queen!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
SAME POSTER FOR BOTH POSTS:

FACEBOOK POST 1 (4 HOURS AGO):Was just confirmed by Breakfast Television.... the Amazing Race is here in Vancouver!
 We saw them yesterday up at Grouse Mountain. Very cool!!! 

FACEBOOK POST 2(4hours ago):The amazing race flags hanging off of the old Grouse Mountain tram... there had been quite the drama of them figuring out how to get them down!! and accompanying pic:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
The person who tweeted info about Grouse Mountain earlier has confirmed in a reply to somebody that he is working with TAR, and he also tweeted pictures from his perch on one of the air tram's towers:

On the tower. A view from the top: http://yfrog.com/ocedtgj

More from Grouse Tower 2: http://yfrog.com/mnximij

I suspect the cameras are on the towers to film teams' arrivals or get shots of the tram coming up the mountain, because there is not really anything below the towers that they could be doing.

Thanks! They could have to jump to the tower, bungy/rappell out of the tram, all sorts have been done before!
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 01:08:58 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule: