Author Topic: TAR Australia 2 SPOILERS & LIVE Sightings! Tweets go here *please read post 1*  (Read 105900 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
LIVE sightings go here!  :hearts:

Guidelines:

If you are posting a tweet, please post the actual tweet, the tweet time, the twitter user name is optional. If you remove it, please copy me the name. 

For FB posts, please remove the FB name, but please send me the name and link for our records.

It is also wise to take a screenshot of any posts you want to see again, they disappear quickly.

Please be kind, and don't all bury the poor unsuspecting twitterer with questions, if you see another RFFer on the job, let them handle it. Rest assured that we try to follow up on all twitters/sightings.

If you are concerned that any info gained from any sighting or tweet may be private or confidential or just "too much too soon", feel free to PM or email me to ask before you post.

If you are bringing us a live sighting, :tu !! But please do  help us as much as you can with WHO (be descriptive, what they look like, is it a male/female team for example, what color they are wearing is helpful) WHAT are they doing, WHERE (as exactly as possible..street? airport gate? be specific!), WHEN (what time zone?, exact time), and any descriptions of the action! Pictures are treasured!

And even though we all get excited, please, once we have a possible location, take the discussion to the Speculation or Location threads and leave the Twitter zone free for incoming info! :ty3:

If you have a spoiler and prefer to share it privately, you are welcome to PM me. You can also email me if my inbox is full or just if you prefer, my email is in my profile. Your confidentiality will be respected. .
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
WIth two races running pretty close to simultaneously this time, I will probably get NO sleep. :lol:

So be prepared....I will try to move chatter if I can, but since that is a pain, MOST will get deleted.

SO help a peach out, and keep this thread ONLY for SPOILERS and LIVE SIGHTINGS.

That means NOTHING in this thread until the first live sightings, UNLESS you have spoilers about the race.

But please also remember that RFF chooses to first of all insure the safety of the racers. That means we do not want to expose them to a big fan/media onslaught along the way. So if you by chance know the exact locations racers will be in at a certain time BEFOREhand (like the Start Line), please send it to me privately first, before posting it.

This is going to be fun!!  :hrt:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
saved
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
Twitter comment 1 hour ago (11:50am Aus EST): Hearing rumours of The Amazing Race filming in Brisbane today!?!?!

Looks like a creditble source. But no details as yet. Can anyone get to Brisbane airport!!!???
"I wish the world was flat like the old days, and I could travel just by folding a map."

Offline ovalorange

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I've seen it too and asked for more info... she hasn't responded yet.

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
I can't.  :'(

Offline ovalorange

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Twitter comment 1 hour ago (11:50am Aus EST): Hearing rumours of The Amazing Race filming in Brisbane today!?!?!

Looks like a creditble source. But no details as yet. Can anyone get to Brisbane airport!!!???

I asked for a reply to this, and the tweeter responded:
...a friend thought she saw them running down Charlotte Street this morning!? Unconfirmed but maybe?

Maybe not us just yet then?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Guys guys guys.

THIS THREAD IS FOR LIVE SIGHTINGS ONLY, and urgent info and followup about the LIVE sightings.

Lean and mean, that is going to be this thread.

If you are not someone bringing a spoiler, or your post does not say SAW the race, read on Twitter or FB...etc you are in the wrong thread.

SPECULATION on the LIVE sightings goes in spec.

LIVE sightings only here please.

Read my first post re chatter please....

Everybody got it? Good.

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
And THEY ARE OFF!

Amazing Race is going to the Philippines! http://instagr.am/p/Ulyms/
8 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Sydney!!
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 07:01:30 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
MNL Manila PR 210  Philippine Airlines 12:10 PM  1:00 PM ~
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
2:35pm Sydney Time: "Airport is full of annoying schoolies boys and Amazing Race filming."

Not sure if this was posted in delay. Teams should have all gone be now if the Philippine Airlines flight left a lot earlier.
"I wish the world was flat like the old days, and I could travel just by folding a map."

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Or they took a second flight via Singapore or HK as well.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
2:35pm Sydney Time: "Airport is full of annoying schoolies boys and Amazing Race filming."

Not sure if this was posted in delay. Teams should have all gone be now if the Philippine Airlines flight left a lot earlier.
He replied:  "I only saw 2 teams about 3 hours ago....we are assuming its the race, the went past so quick lol"

3 hours ago is 12pm... The time that I arrived at the Airport and saw nothing. I would still assume these teams has left already.

Offline ichihara_yuuko

• RFF Not So Newbie
I saw them at the airport today. From what I remember: (I'm reposting from my message from Sucks)

3 F/Fs
Pink team were blond twins
Black team who were smart enough to separate from the pack when looking for the taxis... They are in their early 20s
Green team followed the black team. They're in their early 40's and looked like hippies to me.

3 M/Fs
Another team in green/pink who I think is Father-Daughter team, they followed the Black and Green team
Another team in Red/white - the girl had a bob-cut black hair, and the man was perhaps twice her age. He looked like Lawrence. They were begging the guard for help to get taxis
A couple team in purple. They are pictured in the spoiler in RFF. They were berserk and went up and down the terminal looking for a taxi
I'm not sure if there is a fourth one, I think there could have been another one

2 M/M
I think there were two, but the only team I got to look at two guys in black. I was able to get a picture of them before my camera conked out. They were lucky to get a taxi before the Red/Black team but I'm not entirely sure if they're the first team out of the airport

I'll be uploading the pictures/videos soon and I'll be sending them to Peach. Whenever I see some discrepancies from the video, I'll just edit this post.

???:
Guy with Cap
Guy wearing Blue shirt
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 10:35:40 AM by ichihara_yuuko »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Oh WONDERFUL job!! Thanks SO much for sharing!! :hearts:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
Good JOB!
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
From Twitter:
AaronJhere Aaron Jay A. Barroga
Amazing race in Quiapo , how good to see foreynjer! Hahah

oh yes! Their task is to eat balot @quiapo, the girls in pink were the last to eat and leave the place.

Quiapo is a district of Manila.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balut_(egg)

I don't envy the teams in this task!!

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
I posted this on the Location spoilers thred but as this is a current event or even something that hasn't even happened yet.. I thought fit to post it here too.

The Amazing Race Australia will visit Legazpi City this month and the detours and challenges will be shot in picturesque locations such as Legazpi Airport, Lignon Hill, Mt. Mayon, Cagsawa Ruins, Cagraray Island and Misibis Bay.

Source: http://www.byaherosnapshots.com/2011/11/amazing-race-australia-next-leg-legazpi.html

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Wow...

this was my favorite part!

The Amazing Race Australia will visit Legazpi City this month (confidential) and the detours and challenges will be shot in picturesque locations such as Legazpi Airport, Lignon Hill, Mt. Mayon, Cagsawa Ruins, Cagraray Island and Misibis Bay.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline ovalorange

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
paubaradi Paulo Baradi
Witnessed Amazing Race shooting here at Cagasawa Ruins, Mayon Legazpi Albay
2 minutes ago

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
YAY!! They made it!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline ovalorange

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
paubaradi Paulo Baradi
Witnessed Amazing Race shooting here at Cagasawa Ruins, Mayon Legazpi Albay
2 minutes ago

Reply:
we weren't allowed to take photos. Snakes on their neck,catch the pigs,learn folk dances :)

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
9 mins ago: kswizzle6969 Kevin Huynh
why are their so many couples running around the city with maps and matching colored shirts ! Amazing race ?? lol

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
why are their so many couples running around the city with maps and matching colored shirts ! Amazing race ?? lol

Might have been good yesterday, he's from Oz!

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member

Might have been good yesterday, he's from Oz!
Damn, sorry this could be a local Sydney race. http://www.maxadventure.com.au/urbanmax/entry.html