Author Topic: TAR 19 EP 7 "Move Goat" (Malawi)  (Read 49138 times)

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 19 EP 7 "Move Goat" (Malawi)
« Reply #75 on: November 04, 2011, 02:13:10 AM »
According to this picture , Laurence and Zac are u-turning Amani and Marcus, but look there are only 6 teams, meaning that one team has already u-turned another, the only 6 left are all but Andy and Tommy, meaning Andy and Tommy were u-turned? am i right? LOL im just guessing!  :lol:

I'm confused. Aren't Andy and Tommy in the middle row, second from the right? I think I see all 11 teams in the picture, though it's not very clear.

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #76 on: November 04, 2011, 03:57:35 AM »
An iPad?

I'm not sure whether I like it or detest it..

Offline NumfarPTB

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #77 on: November 04, 2011, 04:19:43 AM »
According to this picture , Laurence and Zac are u-turning Amani and Marcus, but look there are only 6 teams, meaning that one team has already u-turned another, the only 6 left are all but Andy and Tommy, meaning Andy and Tommy were u-turned? am i right? LOL im just guessing!  :lol:

I think I see all the teams on the screens, including teams that have already been eliminated. And there's no shading to indicate which teams were Uturned on the top Uturn option.

The cap is not very clear but the picture placement seems to be:
Line 1 (Left to Right): Ernie & Cindy - Justin & Jennifer - Liz & Marie - Ron & Bill
Line 2 (Left to Right): Ethan & Jenna - Bill & Cathi - Andy & Tommy - Amani & Marcus
Line 3 (Left to Right): Kaylani & Lisa - Laurence & Zac - Jeremy & Sandy - TAR Logo

It does look like that  Laurence is pressing their own picture for the Courtesy Of, and Uturning Amani & Marcus. Z&L probably already been Uturned and are the bottom of the pack, and Amani & Marcus are probably the only team they're completely sure still behind them.

The theory that "Zac's finger is only near Amani & Marcus picture, but they mean to Uturn another team", only stands if they're at the bottom of the pack and somehow Andy & Tommy not only fell to the bottom of the pack but they're the last 2 teams at the bottom and are the only team behind Zac & Laurence (which is the team with the closest picture to Amani & Marcus still in the race). Considering that Zac & Laurence have been in great terms with the Snowboarders, that's the only scenario that I see them using the Uturn on another team other than Amani & Marcus.

Offline Tarfan2

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #78 on: November 04, 2011, 05:13:52 AM »
Everyone else is using the canoes for some purpose.

It is a race. On cap #17 and #18 from the promo, on the background, you can see the finishing line with some conoes on the shore.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #79 on: November 04, 2011, 08:14:26 AM »
 :welcome: to RFF miichaeeltran!! Glad to have you on board!

That would have been a great find, but I agree that Andy-Tommy's pic is there.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #80 on: November 04, 2011, 08:29:02 AM »
PROMO 2 is now up in post 2!! sorry for the delay...

I do not see how this could be their Speedump...this is no 20 min sit on a block of ice/untie a knot walk in the park challenge.

I think this is our other Detour option...two very physical options. Paddle a dugout canoe through a race course, or ferry items from a boat to shore... my spec.

I see Amami checking the clue, perhaps they have a certain list of items to carry to shore? 3people? A fan, a chair, some sugar cane is what we see so far..there may be more.

I feel for Marcus...sore back from the tobacco task as we know from the Insider Vid.

We see him doing the bicycle task, now this AND the whatever it is Speedbump too.

Tough day!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #81 on: November 04, 2011, 08:39:16 AM »
Whoever gets U-turned is going to find it very difficult to complete both of those Detours. But at least one has to.

So for the rowing one I've seen: Justin and Jennifer, Laurence and Zac, Andy and Tommy, Bill and Cathi, Jeremy and Sandy

And the carrying: Marcus and Amani

We don't see Ernie and Cindy do much of anything.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #82 on: November 04, 2011, 08:44:17 AM »
If I had a pass, I would def use it on these Detours, they look tough! So...Ernie/Cindy can skip ONE task...but not both, right? SO they can choose either the RB or the Detour.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Northern Rose

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #83 on: November 04, 2011, 11:25:36 AM »
I was wondering if another clue to who uses this episode's U-turn was when Jennifer said in the last episode 'This race is my special baby and I will do anything for it.' That made me wonder if maybe Justin and her used it on somebody?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #84 on: November 04, 2011, 11:32:01 AM »
 :wel2 to RFF Northern Rose! Glad you found us!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #85 on: November 04, 2011, 02:16:14 PM »
Our longest promo so far! :lol3:

CLIP 4 sec!! Thanks to TL!!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/BrVyj08ju3M?version=3&amp;amp;hl" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/BrVyj08ju3M?version=3&amp;amp;hl</a>
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Squall16

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Anything is Possible
« Reply #86 on: November 04, 2011, 02:30:57 PM »
I don't think Marcus and Amani are U-turned!!!! Look at Promo at 15 - 17 seconds. Zac's hand moves away from Amani and Marcus! While Laurence's hand was still hovering over their own photo which could be why we're speculating that A/M are U-turned by Zac and Laurence.

We know that A/M and Z/L were spotted on the same plane in Copenhagen, Denmark.
Even though some teams are decoys, with only 4 teams eliminated so far, I doubt that is the case.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 02:37:05 PM by Squall16 »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #87 on: November 04, 2011, 02:43:43 PM »
I would expect no decoys in Copenhagen.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #88 on: November 04, 2011, 03:23:44 PM »
I don't think Marcus and Amani are U-turned!!!! Look at Promo at 15 - 17 seconds. Zac's hand moves away from Amani and Marcus! While Laurence's hand was still hovering over their own photo which could be why we're speculating that A/M are U-turned by Zac and Laurence.

Even though some teams are decoys, with only 4 teams eliminated so far, I doubt that is the case.

It does move away after he presses it. He then goes on to touch the Amazing Race logo. I suppose that could be the select button to enforce the U-Turn.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #89 on: November 04, 2011, 03:39:07 PM »

"same place"  ??  :duno:
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #90 on: November 04, 2011, 03:42:26 PM »
Are you sure north? It's really fast. I can't really see that.

From an overall perspective it does seem like Amani and Marcus could be U-turned and not eliminated though. Maybe Marcus is tired while doing that Detour because they already did the other one.

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #91 on: November 04, 2011, 05:40:07 PM »
EPISODE 7
Kumbali Village, Malawi  to   Lake Malawi

SUNDAY, November 6th, 2011

“Move Goat” (Malawi) – Teams race through Malawi where a puzzling patriotic Roadblock causes one team to fall behind.  Also, with a Double U-Turn on the line, teams must choose whether to sabotage their fellow Racers for a chance at first place, on THE AMAZING RACE Sunday, Nov. 6 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.  Emmy Award nominee Phil Keoghan is the host.

ROUTE INFO:

SPEED BUMP: Amani & Marcus

DOUBLE U-TURN:

DETOUR A: Paddle a dugout canoe through a race course in Senga Bay

DETOUR B: ferry items from a boat to shore

ROADBLOCK: Taxiing fishermen
Seen: Sandy, Laurence, Cathi, Andy, Jennifer, Marcus.
Not seen: Ernie and Cindie

Pitstop: It's an elimination leg. One team will be eliminated.

Safe teams: Amani & Marcus, Laurence & Zac, Ernie & Cindy

Unsafe teams: Andy & Tommy, Justin & Jennifer, Jeremy & Sandy, Bill & Cathi
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 09:39:56 AM by banzai »

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #92 on: November 04, 2011, 06:16:49 PM »
Was it established that Laurence and Zac were the first team at the W-turn? It looks like they are using the bottom two screens.

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #93 on: November 04, 2011, 06:53:38 PM »
Was it established that Laurence and Zac were the first team at the W-turn? It looks like they are using the bottom two screens.
I agree that L&Z are using the bottom set of iPads and thus are the second team to use the U-turn.  The shape of the black arrowhead (or yellow triangle in the bottom right corner ) next to the iPads convinces me.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #95 on: November 04, 2011, 09:37:53 PM »
Foursquare:

https://foursquare.com/amazingrace_cbs/checkin/4eb47c4f0cd68825780de3ef?s=p2QKGJHiBRlKJV2iyDIubzStax4&ref=tw
Prophet,
I feel that your Foursquare information is unfair. To depict any team using a U-Turn on another team as sabotage is absurd. U-turns are a legitimate part of the Amazing Race, not sabotage in any way. A team does have the option of not using a U-Turn that they have reached in a position to use it and most teams elect that, but there should be no stigma for those who use the U-Turn for competitive advantage.

Offline livingincm

• RFF Jr. Member
  • You'll see me in the amazing race soon!
« Reply #96 on: November 04, 2011, 10:06:42 PM »
Im starting to wonder if the leg goes sth like this

1) Speedbump
2) Roadblock
3) Detour
4) Double U-Turn

Because based on the foursquare post

“Racing through Malawi! w/a Double U-Turn on the line, teams must choose whether to sabotage their fellow Racers for a chance @ 1st place!”

I think Ernie & Cindy were first at the W-Turn, and they U-turned Zac & Lawrence (Who were 2nd) cuz they want to win the leg. Mm..
"Im sorry to tell you that you have been eliminated from the race" is the most horrible thing to hear on TAR haha :)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #97 on: November 04, 2011, 10:47:02 PM »
Foursquare:

https://foursquare.com/amazingrace_cbs/checkin/4eb47c4f0cd68825780de3ef?s=p2QKGJHiBRlKJV2iyDIubzStax4&ref=tw

Prophet,
I feel that your Foursquare information is unfair. To depict any team using a U-Turn on another team as sabotage is absurd. U-turns are a legitimate part of the Amazing Race, not sabotage in any way. A team does have the option of not using a U-Turn that they have reached in a position to use it and most teams elect that, but there should be no stigma for those who use the U-Turn for competitive advantage.

Both the foursquare and the SABOTAGE word comes from CBS and the press releases. 

Also, with a Double U-Turn on the line, teams must choose whether to sabotage their fellow Racers for a chance at first place, on THE AMAZING RACE Sunday

see post 1 for the full quotes...
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #98 on: November 05, 2011, 12:03:08 AM »
Check out the NEW Marcus Promo 3 in post 2!!  RB!

This is from the Interview today on The Talk!

caps coming
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline miichaeeltran

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #99 on: November 05, 2011, 05:55:05 AM »
Teams who are definitely still in on leg 8
Amani & Marcus , Laurence & Zac and Ernie & Cindy

Teams who might still be in on leg 8
Jeremy & Sandy , Andy & Tommy

Teams who are unlikely to still be in on leg 8
Justin & Jennifer , Bill & Cathi

It was said that Amani & Marcus , Laurence & Zac were spotted in Copenhagen ( destination of leg 8 ) and Ernie & Cindy could of used their express pass and they said " Please let us win ! "

Jeremy & Sandy are always lucky like that
Andy & Tommy wouldn't of won this leg

Justin & Jennifer , their wasn't much info about them
Bill & Cathi , i don't think they will get uturn someone or  uturn someone , but its been 7 legs !

It has been established that Ernie & Cindy uturned Laurence & Zac , and Laurence and Zac uturned Amani & Marcus , but this had no effect.

I think Ernie & Cindy uturend Laurence & Zac because they kinda caught up after the roadblock , and they used their express pass. Laurence & Zac uturned Amani & Marcus because .... ( no idea ) maybe because they got a speed bump or something ... or maybe they didn't uturn at all , the people probably told them to demonstrate ...