Author Topic: TAR 19 EP 7 "Move Goat" (Malawi)  (Read 49142 times)

Offline eddiethejet

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: TAR 19 EP 7 "Move Goat" (Malawi)
« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2011, 01:24:01 AM »
Isn't there a speed bump that is being forgotten?

yes there is a speed bump.  my guess is that the speed bump is right before the detour.

Offline livingincm

• RFF Jr. Member
  • You'll see me in the amazing race soon!
« Reply #51 on: November 02, 2011, 03:40:37 AM »
According to the timeline

EP??:Malawi to Copenhagen, Denmark 

Film Date: July 4
Air Date: ?

Leg Route/Tasks:

ROUTE INFO: Fly to Copenhagen, Denmark
SOURCE: Newspaper article indicating teams were in Denmark. (Source)
TIMING: ?

ROUTE INFO: Find Frederiksborg Palace in Hillerød, Denmark and ascend stairs to the Great Hall
SOURCE: Posts/Finds from Caper, georgiapeach and pictures of Amazing Race plane. Oh and the excellent detective work from Chateau!! (Source),(Source 2),(Source 3)
TIMING: Teams arrived in the morning. Marcus & Amani and Zac & Laurence were spotted at the palace.(Source)

ROUTE INFO: At the Great Hall, task was wearing medival clothing and doing dance routines.
SOURCE: (Source)
TIMING:

ROUTE INFO: Go to Pitstop: Havet (ship)@ Larsen's Plads 
SOURCE: Information from Chateau (Source),
TIMING: Early Evening

Armani & Marcus , Zac & Lawrence made it.. And we obviously know that Ernie & Cindy made it through.

“Move Goat” (Malawi) – Teams race through Malawi where a 1) puzzling patriotic Roadblock causes one team to fall behind.  Also, with a Double U-Turn on the line, 2) teams must choose whether to sabotage their fellow Racers for a chance at first place, on THE AMAZING RACE Sunday, Nov. 6 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.  Emmy Award nominee Phil Keoghan is the host.

1) I have a high feeling that this is Justin & Jennifer.. makes me think they might be on the chopping block this time round..
2) Idk why but looking at this post makes me think of Ernie & Cindy U-turning someone.. and i honestly think the team that they would most probably u-turn is andy & tommy.

Unless andy & tommy actually reached the u-turn first, i think

Ernie & Cindy U turned Zac & Lawrence
Zac & Lawrence U turned Armani & Marcus

However, Justin & Jennifer fall way behind on the roadblock, therefore gets eliminated.

Haha.. just my 2 cents.
But.. I just hope its not Andy & Tommy :(
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 03:49:59 AM by livingincm »
"Im sorry to tell you that you have been eliminated from the race" is the most horrible thing to hear on TAR haha :)

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #52 on: November 02, 2011, 09:54:38 AM »
According to the timeline

EP??:Malawi to Copenhagen, Denmark 

Film Date: July 4
Air Date: ?

Leg Route/Tasks:

ROUTE INFO: Fly to Copenhagen, Denmark
SOURCE: Newspaper article indicating teams were in Denmark. (Source)
TIMING: ?

ROUTE INFO: Find Frederiksborg Palace in Hillerød, Denmark and ascend stairs to the Great Hall
SOURCE: Posts/Finds from Caper, georgiapeach and pictures of Amazing Race plane. Oh and the excellent detective work from Chateau!! (Source),(Source 2),(Source 3)
TIMING: Teams arrived in the morning. Marcus & Amani and Zac & Laurence were spotted at the palace.(Source)

ROUTE INFO: At the Great Hall, task was wearing medival clothing and doing dance routines.
SOURCE: (Source)
TIMING:

ROUTE INFO: Go to Pitstop: Havet (ship)@ Larsen's Plads 
SOURCE: Information from Chateau (Source),
TIMING: Early Evening

Armani & Marcus , Zac & Lawrence made it.. And we obviously know that Ernie & Cindy made it through.

“Move Goat” (Malawi) – Teams race through Malawi where a 1) puzzling patriotic Roadblock causes one team to fall behind.  Also, with a Double U-Turn on the line, 2) teams must choose whether to sabotage their fellow Racers for a chance at first place, on THE AMAZING RACE Sunday, Nov. 6 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.  Emmy Award nominee Phil Keoghan is the host.

1) I have a high feeling that this is Justin & Jennifer.. makes me think they might be on the chopping block this time round..
2) Idk why but looking at this post makes me think of Ernie & Cindy U-turning someone.. and i honestly think the team that they would most probably u-turn is andy & tommy.

Unless andy & tommy actually reached the u-turn first, i think

Ernie & Cindy U turned Zac & Lawrence
Zac & Lawrence U turned Armani & Marcus

However, Justin & Jennifer fall way behind on the roadblock, therefore gets eliminated.

Haha.. just my 2 cents.
But.. I just hope its not Andy & Tommy :(

I think I might not mind if it was Andy & Tommy who were Philiminated.  But they probably aren't.  I think it's time for Bill & Cathi to go, even though I like them.

Belle Book

Offline Tarfan2

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #53 on: November 02, 2011, 01:21:45 PM »
Who do you all think that is in cap 40? If it is Jennifer, then we see them doing 2 Detours. :(

Could it be Amani, since in cap #40 it looks like she's wearing a red band in her hair like the one it's waring Marcus in his neck in the next cap? (And, well, since the voice-over says "While Marcus and Amani..." in the pecise moment when they're showing those caps :P)

p.s: Thanks for the welcome ;)

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #54 on: November 02, 2011, 01:26:34 PM »
Even though the color of the blouse seems to match Jennifer's, my impression is that it is Amani.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #55 on: November 02, 2011, 02:02:24 PM »
I would agree that it appears to be Amani. While I would like it to be Jennifer just to solve what two teams are U-Turned, she isn't wearing a black jacket like the woman is in cap 40.

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #56 on: November 02, 2011, 02:04:44 PM »
I would agree that it appears to be Amani. While I would like it to be Jennifer just to solve what two teams are U-Turned, she isn't wearing a black jacket like the woman is in cap 40.

Also the hair don't agree. The woman in 40 wears a bandana. I don't think that we have ever seen jennifer wearing one, while Amani usually wears one.

Offline Tarfan2

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #57 on: November 02, 2011, 03:21:54 PM »
So, knowing know that both Marcus and Amani are doing that, ehm, water thing, we could say that they are doing the Detour, and probably Marcus is so pissed off because they are doing the other part of the Detour due to the U-turn. Am I right?

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #58 on: November 02, 2011, 03:54:15 PM »
Looking back at the caps, it looks like Ernie & Cindy are just starting the boat side of the detour in cap 33.

Offline Tarfan2

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #59 on: November 02, 2011, 04:32:30 PM »
So...

- Roadblock: Bicycle thing (Andy has a problem with his bike).

- Detour: Race on a canoe (chosen by everybody but Amani&Marcus, presumably) <-> Carry loggs or/and a person across the sea (Amani&Marcus, even though it could be their Speed Bump).

- U-turn x2: Amani&Marcus U-turned by Laurence&Zach? and Laurence&Zach previously U-turned by somebady else?

¿?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 05:36:34 PM by Tarfan2 »

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #60 on: November 02, 2011, 04:51:49 PM »
There's also something patriotic about the Roadblock, according to the press release.

Carrying the person could be their Speed Bump. I don't know though. :duno:
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Tarfan2

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #61 on: November 02, 2011, 05:32:59 PM »
Carrying the person could be their Speed Bump. I don't know though. :duno:

:O That's true, I totally forgot about the Speed Bump :/

NoluckBoston

« Reply #62 on: November 02, 2011, 05:36:32 PM »
That's a great thought!! And if they used it and were stil getting passed, might explain the pleaseeeee let us win!!

I am willing to bet that Cindy and Ernie will use the express pass. They made a point of pointing it out in the last episode randomly. That must have been for a reason. Reason being to plant the seed in our head so we as the viewer would remember they have it. 

Offline Tarfan2

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #63 on: November 02, 2011, 05:40:50 PM »
I am willing to bet that Cindy and Ernie will use the express pass. They made a point of pointing it out in the last episode randomly. That must have been for a reason. Reason being to plant the seed in our head so we as the viewer would remember they have it.

I agree. Cindy talking about using their Express Pass just because, and then not using it, it could be that: Express Pass on the next episode.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #64 on: November 02, 2011, 06:46:56 PM »
Whether its this coming leg or leg 8, Ernie and Cindy are running out of time to use it.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #65 on: November 02, 2011, 08:04:44 PM »

I agree. Cindy talking about using their Express Pass just because, and then not using it, it could be that: Express Pass on the next episode.

Maybe they decide not to take a chance on the puzzling Roadblock and that's why they use the Express Pass.

Belle Book

Offline eddiethejet

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #66 on: November 02, 2011, 11:48:19 PM »

Maybe they decide not to take a chance on the puzzling Roadblock and that's why they use the Express Pass.

Belle Book

yea that was my guess.  i actually predict that cindy and ernie will win this leg.  i think the detour comes first.  my guess is that a few teams that finish before cindy and ernie do not uturn them and when they use their EP, they dont know where the teams are ahead of them..prompting cindy's "i hope we win" line...just my guess.

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #67 on: November 03, 2011, 12:09:14 PM »
We haven't seen yet a task that could include a goat so that we get the title quote. Unless among the things that Amani and Marcus unload from the boat are some goats too.

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #68 on: November 03, 2011, 02:31:17 PM »
http://mg.co.za/article/2011-09-05-bicycle-foot-power-the-way-to-go-in-malawi/

This is an article on how bicycles are being used as taxis in malawi.

Another article on how bicycle are used for almost everything in Malawi

"Most people in Malawi live on less than two dollars a day," says Ben Voss, director of the organization named Africycle. "They cannot afford cars. They cannot even afford the bus.

"The effect that a bicycle can have in a person's life is priceless. It enables people to get their goods to market to sell. It enables them to collect water and firewood for their family. It enables them to have businesses and find employment."

http://www.christianweek.org/stories.php?id=390
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 02:50:50 PM by kiki »

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #69 on: November 03, 2011, 03:51:59 PM »
We haven't seen yet a task that could include a goat so that we get the title quote. Unless among the things that Amani and Marcus unload from the boat are some goats too.
I think its more along the lines of "move out of the way goat" as in "there is a goat impeding my progress" as I ride my bicycle. :groan:
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #70 on: November 03, 2011, 10:10:45 PM »
New Marcus/Amani Promo!!

I will try to have it up for everyone by tomorrow!!

http://www.cbs.com/shows/amazing_race/video/2164107744/the-amazing-race-preview-move-goat
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Saravannan

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #71 on: November 03, 2011, 10:53:29 PM »
Just wondering, I think it was mentioned earlier in the thread, but based on the video, it doesn't look like L/Z are actually using the W-turn on A/M. The video shows one of them moving their finger over the iPad looking for a team (the pass over A/M) and the screen cap just happened to freeze on A/M.

Although, is it one of the pictures that is confirming that A/M got W-turned?

I'm just hoping it's not L/Z, just because I don't really like or hate them right now and if they W-turned A/M, I'd hate them.  (:;)

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #72 on: November 03, 2011, 11:47:08 PM »
New Marcus/Amani Promo!!

I will try to have it up for everyone by tomorrow!!

http://www.cbs.com/shows/amazing_race/video/2164107744/the-amazing-race-preview-move-goat

I'm guessing that this clip is from the speed bump for Marcus and Amani. So far, we've only seen them walking out to the ferry and carrying back people and loads of cargo. Everyone else is using the canoes for some purpose.

I suppose carrying people piggyback and cargo could be a detour choice, but I can't imagine anyone choosing that over the canoes willingly. Carrying someone looks very difficult and I imagine several of the teams couldn't do it. Certainly Marcus is looking stressed out and tired from it.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 11:52:09 PM by Plaidmoon »

Offline eddiethejet

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #73 on: November 04, 2011, 12:47:39 AM »
Just wondering, I think it was mentioned earlier in the thread, but based on the video, it doesn't look like L/Z are actually using the W-turn on A/M. The video shows one of them moving their finger over the iPad looking for a team (the pass over A/M) and the screen cap just happened to freeze on A/M.

Although, is it one of the pictures that is confirming that A/M got W-turned?

I'm just hoping it's not L/Z, just because I don't really like or hate them right now and if they W-turned A/M, I'd hate them.  (:;)

i actually dont think marcus and amani are uturned by laurence and zac.  i dont think they would show it so obviously in a preview.

Offline miichaeeltran

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #74 on: November 04, 2011, 02:05:16 AM »
According to this picture , Laurence and Zac are u-turning Amani and Marcus, but look there are only 6 teams, meaning that one team has already u-turned another, the only 6 left are all but Andy and Tommy, meaning Andy and Tommy were u-turned? am i right? LOL im just guessing!  :lol: