Author Topic: TAR3 DVDs Are Shipping! TAR4 Coming Next Week!  (Read 4962 times)

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
TAR3 DVDs Are Shipping! TAR4 Coming Next Week!
« on: October 24, 2011, 09:40:36 AM »
Excellent news! Amazon has seasons 3 and 4 available for pre-order! No release date yet, but here's the cover art:

They'll be like the TAR2 releases utilizing Amazon's CreateSpace manufacture-on-demand program, so don't expect anything other than the episodes in terms of bonus features.

Here's TVShowsonDVD's post about the release:
The globe-spanning race continues in the Emmy award winning third season of THE AMAZING RACE. Increasing the number of teams from 11 to 12 ratchets up the tension as the contestants race everywhere from Switzerland to Singapore. Armed with only their wits and their passports, the diverse cast members include a pair of twin models, soccer moms and the memorable father/son team of Dennis, a conservative southern Baptist, and Andrew, an openly gay cheerleader.

One team ends up detained by local authorities after putting their trust in a cab driver, proving that in THE AMAZING RACE your teammate is the only one you can truly trust. Further panic breaks out as the race comes to a sputtering stop, literally, when the contestants don't know the difference between diesel and unleaded gas. Find out who wins the photo finish in this special edition DVD set, and prepare yourself for the adventure of a lifetime.

ALSO: From South Korea to Sydney, the beautiful scenery continues to race by in the Emmy award-winning fourth season of THE AMAZING RACE. Fan favorites Reichen and Chip compete in a race against time and 11 other teams made up of everything from NFL wives to professional clowns. Utilizing any means necessary - from horse-drawn carriages to snow rafts - teams must combat the elements and cultural differences for the ultimate cash prize.

Watch as a contestant nearly learns the true meaning of swimming with sharks, and teams are forced to retrieve clues from the strangest of places - from kites to cow manure. Roadblocks and fast forwards aplenty ensure the thrills continue, and when it comes down to the final leg of the race, one team falls so far behind that they are unable to even cross the finish line, leaving the remaining two to battle it out. Stamp your passport for excitement with this special edition DVD set, and find out who wins the globe-spanning race.

Back in 2005, CBS/Paramount released the 1st and 7th season sets in stores, but there has been no amazement on DVD since then until this year, 2011, when CBS teamed up with Amazon's CreateSpace manufacture-on-demand (MOD) program to release The 2nd Season back in January. Now we're pleased to pass on that further DVD season sets are on the way, also using the CreateSpace MOD program, with upcoming releases of The Amazing Race - The 3rd Season and The Amazing Race - The 4th Season. These 3-disc sets will be sold separately at $34.95 SRP each, and include extras (no specifics on those yet). When will they be available? Well, an availability date hasn't been posted so far; all Amazon's entries say at this time is that "This title has not yet been released. You may pre-order it now and we will deliver it to you when it arrives." But package art and a button link to Amazon's pre-order listings can be found immediately below, however. Our thanks to reader Logan Huffman for the heads-up on this!
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 04:31:12 AM by dryedmangoez »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR3 and TAR4 Coming to DVD!!
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2011, 10:05:08 AM »
Great news!! Thanks for sharing!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2011, 10:30:17 AM »
After this, we'll only have seasons 5, 6, 8, 9, 10, 11, and 12 that haven't been made available for purchase either on DVD (which will be 1, 2, 3, 4, and 7)  or on I-Tunes (13 through 19).

Yes, I am happy to see this announcement. Both seasons had memorable teams and locations. and I still am missing approximately 5 minutes of a season 3 episode due to a breaking weather update that really could have waited. (season three teams taking the train from Italy to Vienna and finding the sewers.)
-- theschnauzers

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2011, 10:49:52 AM »
This makes me happy and sad. I like that they're finally coming to DVD, but will CBS never release the seasons? If official DVDs are eventually released, would they make them of seasons that are already available on Amazon? I want to see some new footage of Ken & Gerard!

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2011, 10:52:10 AM »
Best Loser, these are the CBS DVD releases. We're just not going to get any extras. It's possible we'll start getting extras for subsequent seasons that had them posted online, but I seriously doubt there will be newly produced extras on the DVD sets.

I'm just glad we're getting the episodes released, period.
-- theschnauzers

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2011, 08:37:00 PM »
Thank You sweet Jesus.  Keep them coming. 

I mean these aren't the world's best quality, but they are better then anything currently out there (Ie illegal downloads).

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2011, 08:41:14 PM »
Just wish they kept the same format for the covers. :(

Oh well, TAR 3 <3

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2011, 09:11:55 PM »
I wish they would use Neobie's!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2011, 10:49:37 PM »
Just wish they kept the same format for the covers. :(

Oh well, TAR 3 <3

Yeah, I like that they're making the covers look like season 2, but why couldn't they make season 2's cover like seasons 1 and 7?

Though it sounds like i'm complaining a lot, I'm still excited.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2011, 08:07:35 AM »
They haven't made DVD version for TAR 5? Bet Charla and Mirna, Colin and Christie, Chip and Kim and the bowling moms will be on the cover if they do! :lol:

Yay... time for all of you to watch the lame Singapore leg in TAR 3 and for the FLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO drama. :lol:

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2011, 11:22:19 AM »
The DVD covers appear to be showing the final four teams in each season. Charla and Mirna will probably have to wait until TAR 11 is released.
-- theschnauzers

Offline WalterC

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2011, 01:04:59 PM »
While it's great that these seasons are coming out on DVD, it is disappointing that there are no extras. I would have loved to hear what Phil and others think of those seasons and the teams, looking back.

The thing I loved about listening to the audio commentaries for season 1 and 7, was hearing team members not only talk about the season, but interacting with each other as well.

Offline Flamant

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Lumilia <3
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2011, 01:58:44 PM »
The DVD covers appear to be showing the final four teams in each season.

I find it odd that they always show the final 4 on the cover. I mean, maybe they are only targeting fans who already watched the season, but for those who never watched it, they are a bit spoiled.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2011, 10:38:20 PM »
I've gotten an e-mail from Amazon that I can expect delivery of TAR 3 during the week of November 23-29th. The current Amazon price has been cut to 23.99, although it was below $18.00 earlier this evening. No word about the TAR 4 release date yet.
-- theschnauzers

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2011, 04:16:08 PM »
Yeah! I got the same e-mail too! I am so excited!

I have all TAR3 episodes on VHS, expect for the 2/3 of the Morocco leg Teri & Ian won with the FF. So I've watched TAR3 countless times since then, except for most of that episode so I am definitely excited to watch it for the first time since it first aired.  :hearts:

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR3 DVDs Are Shipping! TAR4 Coming Next Week!
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2011, 08:42:35 PM »
Has anyone actually received season three yet?

On Amazon it lists a running time longer then 2 or 4, but equal to seasons 1 and 7 so I was wondering if that season does have extra features, like cast commentary.

Mine should be here Monday with season 4 the next day.

Hopefully we will get another 3 or more seasons next year.

Offline AR FAN

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2011, 09:41:13 PM »
I received mine. It similar to Season 2 in that it has no extras. Also it's only 3 DVDs and it comes in one case with similar boxcover art.

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2011, 09:46:11 PM »
Do they have CBS Insider videos in any of the seasons?

Offline AR FAN

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2011, 09:49:48 PM »
Nope, unfortunately not.

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2011, 05:45:31 PM »
Thanks for the answers, still cant wait for this week.  I love season 3, and if they would have only cast 3 all male teams, added another all female team, I would love season 4. 

Though, it's first episode is one of my favorite opening episodes of TAR.  Just some beautiful scenery. 

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2011, 05:50:06 PM »
Wish it had bonus extras, but is great to see them out and circulating. Mswood, I agree, TAR4 is definitely not my favourite series, but it was still full of great scenery in it's opening episode, and the Europe legs were pretty fun (Legs 1-5), still a pretty awesome season!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2011, 06:31:43 PM »
Really my only real problem with season 4 is that its a sausage fest.  I mean what 5 all male teams. 

I mean I like all male teams, I like all female teams, I generally like the seasons to show some balance.  Or at least be closer to even.

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2011, 08:30:09 PM »
I wish they would use Neobie's!!
ain't that the damn truth.  Did a great job with the footage from the episodes to match the style and quality of seasons 1 and 7.  And a professional release looks like crap.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2011, 08:36:02 PM »
Season 3 is my all-time favourite season! :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: I think I have watched that season about 23 times :lol3: (I'm not exaggerating) and I might invest in these DVDs later on! :tup:
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥