Author Topic: Dutch Mole - New series with English subtitles!  (Read 67796 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: Dutch Mole - New series with English subtitles!
« Reply #75 on: February 06, 2012, 08:32:14 PM »
All caught up and ready for 5!! Yippee!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #76 on: February 06, 2012, 08:58:51 PM »
One question: in EP5's sniper challenge, Frits said "...Pacifist, Chinese student on the bridge." Is it a slang phrase? What does that mean? ???
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #77 on: February 07, 2012, 12:18:19 AM »
Clues! from the Mole, ep 5, part 3, minute 1:00

« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 08:23:27 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #78 on: February 07, 2012, 12:46:20 AM »
Peach, it's ep5, not ep4. :lol:
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline Topita

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #79 on: February 07, 2012, 08:01:22 AM »
One question: in EP5's sniper challenge, Frits said "...Pacifist, Chinese student on the bridge." Is it a slang phrase? What does that mean? ???

No not slang but I assume he's referring to the well known scene/incident of the Chinese student(?) protesting, standing in front of the tank.
(Tiananmen Square protests of 1989).

Tank Man, or the Unknown Rebel, is the nickname of an anonymous man who stood in front of a column of Chinese Type 59 tanks the morning after the Chinese military forcibly removed protestors from in and around Beijing's Tiananmen Square on June 5, 1989. The man achieved widespread international recognition due to the videotape and photographs taken of the incident. Despite his anonymity, he is commonly (though not necessarily correctly) referred to in Chinese as Wang Weilin (王維林), as dubbed by a Sunday Express article.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tank_Man
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 08:12:29 AM by Topita »
Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. :)

Offline Topita

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #80 on: February 07, 2012, 08:09:35 AM »
Nice work Peaches.  :tup:

Not sure if there are clues in this tbh.
I guess you could read the name and then say the joker next to it saying 'The Mole' could be one, but it would be very inconsistent at very least because Marit has one next to her name as well and she definitely wasn't the Mole..  :lol:
(Too bad about her leaving though I liked her).

Unless it would be an elimination thing, i.e. everyone BUT the Mole had a joker saying 'The Mole' next to their name.
But then we'd have to scour the whole challenge I think. :)
Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. :)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #81 on: February 07, 2012, 08:31:02 AM »
I was thinking it could make us look at who else was involved in that round.

I have some from ep4 as well, they are the underwater shots of the family photos, I guess we are meant to see who had the chance to skip one or whatever? There were two batches, rather a lot, I can do them if you have not seen them elsewhere.

Also..why are we seeing the cross motif so much? Anyone named Cross?? :lol: Like even this cap: Silver spoon?? cross again??

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Topita

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #82 on: February 07, 2012, 09:55:33 AM »
I was thinking it could make us look at who else was involved in that round.

I have some from ep4 as well, they are the underwater shots of the family photos, I guess we are meant to see who had the chance to skip one or whatever? There were two batches, rather a lot, I can do them if you have not seen them elsewhere.
No I haven't seen those anywhere yet, I would be interested yes if you would be so kind?  :)
Also..why are we seeing the cross motif so much? Anyone named Cross?? :lol: Like even this cap: Silver spoon?? cross again??

True that's been noted. The crosses are definitely a pattern. It's hard to tell though what is and isn't just for pretty pictures.
But supposing it might be something, there has been a theory about runes. It's not a very consistent theory though I think i.e. a bit too much 'wishful evidence'. Also the hints need to be clear and concise to be discussed briefly in the show.

It's been noted that Tim wrote his name with a + (+ instead of a T more like) on Liesbeth's birthday card, but that seems a bit weak to me. I mean if there's a hint it has to be a clear one, right?  :lol:

I wonder if there's something to that 'List' on that cross we saw earlier (I think it was ep 4?) Just not sure what, though several explanations have been offered as said before. I also found that 'Justice of the Peace' funny because they showed it so clearly.
I've been looking at some of the names. I found this for William: 'The name William has today been interpreted to mean protector of the kingdom or realm'

Not the same as Justice of the Peace but could be interpreted as a similar thing. As said, he plays Ramses Shaffy who had a very close relationship to Liesbeth List, which is a well known fact.

On the other hand I found this for Liesbeth:
`Consecrated to God`or 'Pledged to God'

So as a religious symbol that would fit well with that as well I guess (I just really hope it's not Liesbeth at this point tbh   :res:
Too obvious..  :duno: )
http://www.ourbabynamer.com/meaning-of-Liesbeth.html

Hadewych means `War, Strife` or "contending war". That doesn't make much sense wrt crosses I think unless it's about people being killed but that would be the most dubious and disturbing hint ever so I'm going to strike that one.  :lol:

Tim:
From the Greek name Τιμοθεος (Timotheos) meaning "honouring God"
http://www.behindthename.com/name/timothy

Frits:
Frederick is an English name of Germanic origin. The name is of the meaning peaceful ruler.

That's quite striking in fact wrt the sign about Peace.  :o
(But what mole earns €1500 single handedly after the pot has been emptied?  :lol3: )

Anne-Marie
The name means 'bitter grace' . Not sure what to make of that.  :lol:

So I guess Liesbeth and Tim make sense wrt the cross symbols.
Frits's name is quite striking wrt that sign appearing during his confessional.
Then again I think it's a stretch that the Mole would singlehandedly earn the pot €1500 like that.  :duno:

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #83 on: February 07, 2012, 07:49:03 PM »
just started to watch this... it's soo darn good!! I love it  :<3

keep subtitling my friend, heaps of thanks!  :hrt:
TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #84 on: February 07, 2012, 08:42:24 PM »
No not slang but I assume he's referring to the well known scene/incident of the Chinese student(?) protesting, standing in front of the tank.
(Tiananmen Square protests of 1989).

I guessed so... an incident that's proverbially known but never comes out in the textbooks :lol: But I think this incident happened just on Tiananmen Square, not something relative to a bridge. (Maybe he was referring to Jinshui Bridge on Tiananmen Square? It's a very small bridge, and nothing could happen there. I don't think any tank can go over that bridge in Wang Weilin's case.)
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline Topita

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #85 on: February 08, 2012, 08:44:54 AM »
Hi ZouLy!
I'm glad you're enjoying it, happy to have you here with us!  :)  :ghug:

I guessed so... an incident that's proverbially known but never comes out in the textbooks :lol: But I think this incident happened just on Tiananmen Square, not something relative to a bridge. (Maybe he was referring to Jinshui Bridge on Tiananmen Square? It's a very small bridge, and nothing could happen there. I don't think any tank can go over that bridge in Wang Weilin's case.)

No I think Frits was referring to her acting like that person, during their bridge challenge in episode 1.  ;)
(Sticking her hands in the air and claiming she hated guns and refusing to shoot).

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #86 on: February 08, 2012, 09:08:19 AM »
No I think Frits was referring to her acting like that person, during their bridge challenge in episode 1.  ;)
(Sticking her hands in the air and claiming she hated guns and refusing to shoot).
I think you're right! :)

This episode seems to be trying to convince the viewers Frits is not the Mole. But I don't buy it. :lol:
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline Topita

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #87 on: February 09, 2012, 11:35:05 AM »
According to the Mole twitter this afternoon, apparently we're in for a shock in episode 6.
I wonder what it could be??  :duno:

Here are the preview and promo for episode 6.   :)
Looks like they'll be aiming at a coveted exemption in a hay stack..  :lol:

Preview for Episode 6:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/TRGbaXKYXLQ" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/TRGbaXKYXLQ</a>

Promo for Episode 6:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/eLBn-KRUNZw" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/eLBn-KRUNZw</a>

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #88 on: February 09, 2012, 10:52:17 PM »
According to the Mole twitter this afternoon, apparently we're in for a shock in episode 6.
I wonder what it could be??  :duno:

Could it be a double-elimination?
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #89 on: February 10, 2012, 05:13:39 AM »
I barely catch up till episode 4...

However, I really like to know the translation of some of the questions they took on the examination.... Topita, my frend, can you please help me? Thanks a bunch  :hrt:

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #90 on: February 10, 2012, 06:23:17 AM »
Damn, I shouldn't have browsed Dutch Wikipedia... I didn't know this show airs every Thursday. :groan: Now I know who were eliminated this week.

The result shocked me. I'm totally lost now. A big suspect in my eyes got eliminated.
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline Topita

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #91 on: February 10, 2012, 10:21:26 AM »
Damn, I shouldn't have browsed Dutch Wikipedia... I didn't know this show airs every Thursday. :groan: Now I know who were eliminated this week.

The result shocked me. I'm totally lost now. A big suspect in my eyes got eliminated.

Awww :(  :groan: I tried warning you about that, yes the show airs on Thursday, we need a few days for the subtitling.
I'm sorry it got spoilt, hope you will watch it anyway when the subtitles are done because it's a good episode
(even if it had a somewhat sad ending. :( )

Hopefully we can get them ready this weekend again.  :)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 12:09:31 PM by Topita »

Offline Topita

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #92 on: February 10, 2012, 11:13:42 AM »
I barely catch up till episode 4...

However, I really like to know the translation of some of the questions they took on the examination.... Topita, my frend, can you please help me? Thanks a bunch  :hrt:

Sure.

I have to tell you that the mouseclick is editted in later on and there is little evidence the contestants really vote the way that those images suggest though, so be careful about the conclusions.  ;)
They are however occasionally used for clues to the Mole though, i.e. the Mole repeating the same word in their test confessional, or some people answering a certain pattern as a clue of who will be eliminated next (like last year).  :)

I think in this case the question Marit got on the room the Mole slept stands out most because it corresponded with the code that was used in the signal challenge.

Episode 1:

Question No.12: (Liesbeth answering)
Did the Mole find the exemptions during the first part of the glacier challenge?
1. Yes 2. No

Question No. 8. (Anne-Marie answering)
Was part of the Dakota (plane) visible on the Mole's picture?
1. Yes 2. No

Question No.1 (Maarten answering).
The Mole a ?
1. Man 2. Woman.

Question No. 13 (Marion answering).
Was the Mole given an exemption for episode 3?
1. Yes  2 No.

Episode 2:

Question No. 5 (William answering)
Did the Mole answer the questions about themselves correctly during the stairs challenge?
1. Yes  2 No.

Question No. 18 (Frits answering).
Was the Mole signing at the smoke signal challenge?
1. Yes  2. No

Question No. 11 (Liesbeth answering).
With how many (other) people did the Mole make a team in the jeep challenge?
1. One  2. Two  3 Three.

Question No. 6 (Marit answering).
In which room did the Mole sleep last night?
1. Six
2. Four
3. Three
4. Two

Question No. 14 (Maarten answering).
What was the license plate of the car in which the Mole was during the jeep challenge?
1. GZF 69
2. OK 829
3. The Mole wasn't in a car.

Question 20:
The Mole is
1 . man 2. woman

Episode 3:

Question No. 4 (Tim answering).
On which team was the Mole during the riverjet challenge?
1. The first boatteam
2. The second boat team.
3. The decoding team.

Question No. 15 (Hadewych answering).
During the city tour challenge, the Mole was in the group consisting of:
1. Two people
2. Six people.

Question No. 10 (Frits answering).
What did the Mole take during the joker challenge?
1. One joker.
2. Two jokers.
3. An envelope containing money.
4. An envelope containing money and info.

Question 1: (Liesbeth answering)
The Mole is a
1. Man
2. Woman.

Episode 4:

Question No. 5 (William answering).
Where was the Mole standing on the group picture of episode 3?
1. In the front row.
2. In the back row.

Question No. 10 (Tim answering).
Is the Mole a home owner?
1. Yes
2. No.

Question No. 13 (Hadewych answering).
On which position under water was the picture of the parent(s) of the Mole?
(No answers shown).

Question No. 7 (Liesbeth answering).
How many times was the Mole riding the tandem during the ammunition depot challenge?
1. Once
2. Twice
3. Three times.

Question No 3. (Frits answering).
Which tv quiz would the Mole have a shot at winning?
(No answers shown).

Question No. 2 (Marit answering).
Did the Mole still have a joker in their posession before the start of this test?
1. Yes
2. No

Episode 5:

Question No. 5 (William answering)
If the stewardess on the plane was turned with her back to the cockpit she saw the Mole
1. To the right of the isle.
2, To the left of the isle.

Question No. 11 (Anne-Marie answering)
What did the Mole get/take during the Western challenge?
1.  One joker.
2. Two jokers.
3. Money.
4. Nothing.

Question No 12. (Tim answering).
Did the Mole get a second chance (second duel) during the Western challenge?
1. Yes
2. No
3. No the Mole was 'intrepid'.

Question No. 7 (Hadewych answering).
Does the Mole have multiple Mole diaries?
1. Yes
2. No

Question No. 18 ( Liesbeth answering).
Did the Mole's team find a question for the test during the Castle challenge?
1. Yes
2. No
3. No, the Mole had a sharp eyesight.

Offline Squall16

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Anything is Possible
« Reply #93 on: February 11, 2012, 09:03:16 PM »
Okay I could be thinking about this too much but the sequence 4236 is on my brain

Ep 1
4th person shown eliminated (Marion)

Ep 2
4th person shown eliminated (Dio)

Ep 3
4th person shown eliminated (Swimmer guy Maarten van ....)

Ep 4
6th person shown would have been Marit or William  - no one eliminated

Ep 5
2nd person shown eliminated (Marit)

ETA: also Elisabeth and Frits have been consistently been in spots 2 or 3 or 4 but safe....

Offline Topita

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #94 on: February 12, 2012, 05:33:15 PM »
Interesting point Squall!  :tup:
Welcome, good to see you thinking along with us!  :)

Time for Episode 6 of the Mole in Spain!  :wohoo:

The contestants are on the Mole's turf and there are lots of shady and fishy things happening.. :sab   ;)

Enjoy!  :tup:

(With many thanks to some friends who helped out with the subs this episode.    :ghug: )

THE MOLE ICELAND & SPAIN - EPISODE 6

PART 1:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/B1q5gPQVSQk" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/B1q5gPQVSQk</a>

PART 2:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/zVxpeIhwXGg" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/zVxpeIhwXGg</a>

PART 3:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/jeZxf-dcDpw" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/jeZxf-dcDpw</a>

PART 4:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Sk-dy_DQGU0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Sk-dy_DQGU0</a> 

PS: SuperTux, who's your (new) suspect?  :)

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #95 on: February 13, 2012, 02:46:57 AM »
He was right about the Treasurer Curse... oh my gosh...   :o

Somehow when I watch this show, my mind ever spot somekind of "Saw the movie" kind of procedure... challenges in the most-isolated area with all those cool stuff, and later on at the end of the show, they will reveal who set-up the game...  :lol:

Offline Topita

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #96 on: February 13, 2012, 04:18:45 AM »
Want to share a theory.  :)
Obviously there are loads of them about usually inspired by a lot of tunnel vision.  :lol3:

This one I thought might be interesting though, wanted to run it past you.
Part of it was thought of by others but the link I thought of myself. :P

This is a theory why there might be a hint that Tim's the Mole.
It's about the Monica da Silva trio, consisting in fact of two people instead of three. This may have been used as a Mole clue.

In episode 1, we have a rather elaborate and dramatic beginning where the Mole (according to the footage/ suggestion) takes off 1 hour of the total time of the challenge for the contestants to make it to the wreck of the plane.
Now even with 3 hours they may not have succeeded anyway frankly.  :lol3:

It's clear several contestants commented on not feeling like 3 hours really past. The idea was the Mole sabotaged this obviously but it could well be disguised as a hint too imo.

In episode 2, (waterfall / stair challenge) Tim gets a question in the waterfall/ staircase challenge about him performing with 2 people in this trio.

In episode 4 (bunker challenge), again there's a sign with 3-1=2, belonging to Tim.

In episode 6 (Fish challenge), first they had to take away (i.e. minus!) 3 beams, and after that 2  (3-1=2).

Personally I think I feel there's something off with the citytour/ tower challenge.
It doesn't make sense to me that this was all about 6 people having some kind of tour and then just reversed psychology.

So what if this was part of the hint?? The Mole twittered in the beginning of the series that this would be a 'mathemathical' series (substractions and numbers are maths, right?  ;) )

On that tower Marit and Maarten had to find several numbers and were also given some according to them.

The numbers that stuck out most imo were twice a six (six busses and six people of the orchestra = 2x6 = 12, the 12th Mole, a hint??)

Then look at the paper they got:

Again 3-1=2... In episode 3!!

So what if '4263' refers to the '3-1=2' hint?? (i.e. this reference appearing in those episodes?)
(4263 is a logical sequence with 214263, and one of the episodes was called 'reverse'. i.e. 21=12??).

Also Tim made a joke about Liesbeth turning 26 instead of 38 (i.e. 12 years younger).  :)

What do you guys think about this idea?

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #97 on: February 13, 2012, 05:08:46 AM »
and why is he so agreed with Frits during the voting to throw the Red Card?

He refused Frits' offer to take the joker as well?

He trade diary with Liesbeth in the bus in no worry, and somehow I heard Liesbeth said, there's not much I can see during the 10 seconds, but I saw somewhere he wrote I'm the Mole?

What about the number of exemptions in the first episode, there were 3 of them!! And why would he decide to take the second one and gave Frits the first one? Is this 3-2 = 1..??

The number of exemption at the fifth episode is 1, another substraction with first episode, 3-1 = 2..??

But here's another interesting one,
why does Liesbeth was placed far away from the rest of the group? She even found a dinosaur skeleton? Walking around the beach, maybe wasting time? in purpose? i dunno, haha :D

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #98 on: February 13, 2012, 08:52:30 AM »
Tim #1, Liesbeth #2, others are contestants. 80% possibility for Tim as the Mole.

Question: The host never lies, right? At the beginning of EP6 Art said Liesbeth and Hadewych were on the wrong track. It seemed to indicate they were not the Mole?

P.S. I've never guessed anything right. Hope this time I make it right. :lol:
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline Topita

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #99 on: February 13, 2012, 10:19:02 AM »
Tim #1, Liesbeth #2, others are contestants. 80% possibility for Tim as the Mole.

Question: The host never lies, right? At the beginning of EP6 Art said Liesbeth and Hadewych were on the wrong track. It seemed to indicate they were not the Mole?

Lie, no. But I think he can embellish a little for dramatic effect.
Not sure - I don't think we should read clues into this because the Mole has a persona and sometimes that persona has to show emotion to be credible. I'm not sure to which degree Art is carrying this over. If he says things like that about everyone but the Mole that would be suspicious as well. So I think he just keeps up the story in keeping with the events.
I wouldn't put too much stock in that sort of thing tbh, though this is the first time Art hosts the show so I don't really know.  :)
P.S. I've never guessed anything right. Hope this time I make it right. :lol:

Well Tim is my lead suspect for the moment as well.
I've been right and wrong so who knows.  :lol3:
In a way I'm hoping I'll be proven wrong, and there's some subtle sabotage going on.
But at the moment, everything seems to fit best with him so I guess I'll stick for now (until he leaves  :groan: :lol3: )