Author Topic: Dutch Mole - New series with English subtitles!  (Read 67801 times)

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Dutch Mole - New series with English subtitles!
« Reply #175 on: March 16, 2012, 08:59:12 PM »
I have a question for you guys.  :)

I have received multiple requests about us translating an older Dutch Mole series.
I've discussed it with some of the translators and I think we might make this work even if over a somewhat larger time span than the weekly churning out.  :lol:

In fact I think we might translate a few episodes and then put them online so we don't have the time pressure yet will be able to bring it to you guys on a regular (hopefully +- weekly) basis. Mind you this is one of the older series so it may look different, not as snazzy as the 2012 one. But I think it may still be enjoyable.  :)

I was wondering if you guys might be interested in watching this too?
Just trying to find out if there is enough interest for us to engage in this again since after all it is a lot of effort and commitment, but it also makes me happy if other people enjoy watching the series all the same.  :)

So, let me know please what your thoughts on it are?  ;)
It's OK to me. Thanks for your hard work. :tup:
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline Topita

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #176 on: March 16, 2012, 09:14:49 PM »

:P

'OK' as in 'yeah ok, alright then'? Or as in 'Yeah I would like that'?
I'm just saying, I would like to know I am not putting myself and others through all that in vain and people actually would like to watch, which seems a bit different to me than 'it's ok to me'.  ;)
You know I do have other ways to spend my time, in case you're wondering..  :lol3:
I don't mind/ would like to do it but only if people are truly interested otherwise I would feel it's a waste of our time potentially and I won't be asking my friends to do that. :(

Anyway, yeah I'll pass on your thanks to my friends.  ;)
Glad you enjoyed it.  :)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 09:21:13 PM by Topita »
Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. :)

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #177 on: March 17, 2012, 07:27:32 AM »

:P

'OK' as in 'yeah ok, alright then'? Or as in 'Yeah I would like that'?
I'm just saying, I would like to know I am not putting myself and others through all that in vain and people actually would like to watch, which seems a bit different to me than 'it's ok to me'.  ;)
You know I do have other ways to spend my time, in case you're wondering..  :lol3:
I don't mind/ would like to do it but only if people are truly interested otherwise I would feel it's a waste of our time potentially and I won't be asking my friends to do that. :(

Anyway, yeah I'll pass on your thanks to my friends.  ;)
Glad you enjoyed it.  :)
Sorry for my words resulting in confusion... To me personally I appreciate your work, but because of limited time, I may not watch the "old" seasons your team is discussing about translation. But there are at least two friends of mine who're big fans of The Mole. I think they'll be overjoyed if your team decides to translate and upload the old seasons. :hoot:
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline Topita

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #178 on: March 17, 2012, 12:21:33 PM »
Sorry for my words resulting in confusion... To me personally I appreciate your work, but because of limited time, I may not watch the "old" seasons your team is discussing about translation. But there are at least two friends of mine who're big fans of The Mole. I think they'll be overjoyed if your team decides to translate and upload the old seasons. :hoot:

Ok thanx for the clarification.  :tup:
Clear now.  ;)

If we do do this series, I think you would enjoy it though if you find the time to watch it.  :lol:
We'll see, if we do decide to do it I will keep you guys in the loop.  :)
Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. :)

Offline coolio

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #179 on: March 17, 2012, 09:16:04 PM »
I would love if you could subtitle older seasons! If you have the time of course.  :luvya: I need ideas for a Mole game I'm putting together with my friends.

Offline Topita

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #180 on: March 18, 2012, 03:59:53 PM »
I would love if you could subtitle older seasons! If you have the time of course.  :luvya: I need ideas for a Mole game I'm putting together with my friends.

:tup: Glad to hear it! I will definitely keep you posted on that.  :)

Well, the Mole Fanday was today.

Photo ops with favorite contestants a.o., and an auction of Mole S12 objects (such as the special Mole money of this year) of which the total came to more than €2.200,- for a charity for which Frits is the ambassador.

Maybe some more interesting answers will be posted later when people get home.  :)

1. Originally the series was planned to be Morocco - Spain. (Funny because there have been speculations about exactly that ).
They changed the plan due to the Arabic Spring and instability of the situation. Just before departure they decided to go to Iceland instead. (Where they were dealing with a volcano erupting by the way..  :o Looks like this season has had it's fair share of problems  :ascared).

2. Because the departure date, identity of the contestants & the destination had been leaked by the press (first time ever this happened in 12 seasons!) they had to cancel and/or change several challenges because having the contestants spotted in very public places would have been a risk in terms of spoilers.

3. Originally the city tour in Reykjavik was supposed to be given by the mayor but he was unable to do it. He was the one who suggested the rather ehm characteristic lady in red instead.  :lol:

4. Anne-Marie got advice/ tips from the production via sms during the filming.

5. Tim still can't give a logical reason for what he did in the Höfdi House, it was 'just stupid' (Don't think he will get any argument there..   :lol3: )

6. Art confirmed that 'Jung es' (him saying 'jongens'/ 'guys' a lot) was an official clue to AM Jung.

7. Art is going to use the money he won last year on an Elvis Crusade in the US (whatever that means :P  )

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #181 on: March 18, 2012, 08:12:38 PM »
Is the money contestants get after completing a challenge real money? The crew could even print the Mole's image on it this year.
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline Topita

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #182 on: March 19, 2012, 12:04:05 AM »
Is the money contestants get after completing a challenge real money? The crew could even print the Mole's image on it this year.

:)
No the money they get after completing a challenge is 'Mole money', a prop basically.  :)

The money they get in the end is real money, though.  :lol:
(Unless Art wants to pay with Mole money in Graceland  :lol3: )

They just hand out Mole money to represent it during the game. It's a prop and in this case with an extra, with AM's face as a watermark.  :hearts:

I think someone handed out a few hundred actual and real for that when it got auctioned on the Mole Fanday.  ;)

That's ok though because it's going to a good charity, of which Frits is the ambassador.  :tup:
Everyone quite happy.  :lol:
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 12:07:15 AM by Topita »

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #183 on: March 31, 2012, 09:50:09 PM »
ETA2:
I just read a comment on the main Mole forum about this (sorry hadn't seen that one before!)
Apparently these numbers were the number of suspicions all contestants that were left in the game had on the official site at the time of the twitter:

Still don't know if it means anything..  :duno:
Weird thing to tweet, because those numbers change so often?!
I get the feeling there's something about this (or it's just all mindgames..  :lol3:  pffff  :crazy:  :lol: )
What do those numbers mean?
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline Topita

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #184 on: April 01, 2012, 06:58:28 AM »
That was never explained, but it was the amount of votes contestants got on the site ito people suspecting them.

The tweet was 'who are seeing it right?' So I guess the question was, how many people were onto the right Mole on the forum at the time.  :)