Author Topic: Survivor Questions  (Read 44632 times)

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
Survivor Questions
« on: October 19, 2011, 04:32:14 AM »
I notice there is a thread "Amazing Race Questions" on the board The Amazing Race Discussion, but there's no one for Survivor.

So I create this thread for your Survivor questions. Ask them here and our talented and vocal posters will try to help!!

If there's already a similar thread, please let me know. Thanks!

==================================

Is there any "curse" for Survivor? For example, the winner would not be in the winning team of a certain week.
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline Peace, Love, TAR! :D

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: Survivor Questions
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2011, 02:55:20 PM »
There's always the infamous car curse..... anyone who wins a car on Survivor will not win. Although I'm not sure if it was broken, considering Rob won a car in All Stars, then won Redemption Island.
"Like most things, it can be fixed by whipping a rock at it." --Courtney Yates; Survivor: China/Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2011, 09:09:33 PM »
There's always the infamous car curse..... anyone who wins a car on Survivor will not win. Although I'm not sure if it was broken, considering Rob won a car in All Stars, then won Redemption Island.

There's no car award in recent seasons, I reckon? Rob in S22 shouldn't be counted in, since he did not win the car in this season.
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2011, 10:39:22 AM »

There's no car award in recent seasons, I reckon? Rob in S22 shouldn't be counted in, since he did not win the car in this season.

Definitely not broken. Rather, win a car in THAT season and NOT win. But they've got no car sponsers for recent season, I think...

I think there's no particular pattern goin on, but so far since last season with RI, anyone who's returned back from RI gets voted off immediately next. Don't know if it will happen this season. :lol:

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2011, 03:36:33 AM »
It's said that the first person shown in the opening credits is not the winner. Neither is the last person.
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2011, 06:24:10 PM »
Has CBS ever thought about expanding each episode of Survivor to 2 hours, like what NBC does with The Biggest Loser?
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline coolio

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2011, 05:29:19 PM »
I hope not. Only 2 hr one I've seen is HvV #1, only cause of the big players.

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2011, 03:14:02 AM »
What do you think of this twist? Any person who gives up his immunity idol has the right to vote twice in this tribal council, and these two votes don't need to refer to one specific person.
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2011, 10:12:21 AM »
What do you think of this twist? Any person who gives up his immunity idol has the right to vote twice in this tribal council, and these two votes don't need to refer to one specific person.

Bad twist.

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2012, 06:51:22 PM »
Three seasons that got the fewest viewers in history are S19, S20 and S22, exactly the seasons where Russell Hantz participated. Is it a coincidence or a reflection of American viewers' favor? :duno: I like him a lot, though.
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline rockhopper78

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2012, 09:20:10 PM »
Three seasons that got the fewest viewers in history are S19, S20 and S22, exactly the seasons where Russell Hantz participated. Is it a coincidence or a reflection of American viewers' favor? :duno: I like him a lot, though.

I highly doubt there's a correlation between those season's lower ratings and Russell being on them. I never knew they were so low rated in viewership. Perhaps maybe were they competing against American Idol during these times? I know seasons 20 & 22 aired in the spring when Idol is on, so that would explain that. Still would have thought season 21 would have very low viewers. That season I give a  :nopoints

Season 20 was an all stars season and is held in high regard as one of the, if not THE best season in the show's history. Going into the seasons, especially 19, viewers had no idea the show would revolve around Russell like it ended up being. And season 22 revolved entirely around Boston Rob, who is considered one of the most popular players ever. I ended up finding that one of the most boring seasons ever because of the horribly predictable editing and complete lack of gameplay by every other player. They all seemed content to just let Rob finally get his win.

And lastly even though the majority of message board opinion is that they hate Russell Hantz, remember the general/casual viewership voted him fan favorite in seasons 19 & 20, so when all is said and done, there were quite a few pleased with his gameplay.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 09:27:54 PM by rockhopper78 »
Survivor 26 favorites: Brenda Lowe (so lovely), Sherri, Malcolm, Reynold

Survivor all time favs: Kim Spradlin, Parvati Shallow, Russell Hantz, Rob Cesternino, Brenda Lowe, Yul Kwon, Jonathan Penner, Richard Hatch

Offline bee1233

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2012, 11:28:29 PM »
Could the drop in ratings be due to the change from Thursday night to Wednesday night?  Thursday TV lineup is weak compared to Wednesday night.  :duno:

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2012, 07:24:43 AM »
Still would have thought season 21 would have very low viewers. That season I give a  :nopoints

It may seem weird, but Wikipedia says season 21 got the average viewers 13.61 million and #11 rank, Among S18~S22 S21 got the most viewers. :duno:
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline coolio

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2012, 02:53:53 PM »
I think there's no particular pattern goin on, but so far since last season with RI, anyone who's returned back from RI gets voted off immediately next. Don't know if it will happen this season. :lol:
If we edit the curse slightly to "Anyone who's returned from RI gets voted off at the next possible Tribal" then it is true, as Ozzy returned, and won immunity his first challenge back, but then was voted out next TC.

Offline rockhopper78

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2012, 07:34:02 PM »
If we edit the curse slightly to "Anyone who's returned from RI gets voted off at the next possible Tribal" then it is true, as Ozzy returned, and won immunity his first challenge back, but then was voted out next TC.

Exactly why I hope they never bring RI back. It's not back for S24 obviously, but Probst said it may not be completely done yet, hinting that it could return in a future season. I say what's the point? The people that get booted, usually always get booted for a reason, and by the time that someone returns, alliances and the game have moved on and there's just no place in it for a RI returnee. Not to mention the person on RI gets valuable one on one time with every potential jury member, they're just too much of a threat not to get rid of again immediately. Only chance is for them to win out in immunity, which is a tough task to expect.

If they ever decide to try RI again, I think it definitely needs to stop at the merge. Only use it as an opportunity to give some of the early boots extra screentime and one chance to get back in at the merge and be done with it. At least then you have the chance they'll stick around for the tribe's jockeying for their vote.
Survivor 26 favorites: Brenda Lowe (so lovely), Sherri, Malcolm, Reynold

Survivor all time favs: Kim Spradlin, Parvati Shallow, Russell Hantz, Rob Cesternino, Brenda Lowe, Yul Kwon, Jonathan Penner, Richard Hatch

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2012, 10:17:19 AM »
I was thinking about something the other day:

What happens on Survivor in the event of a tie at the Final Tribal Council:

For example, if there is a Final Two and eight jurors (such as Micronesia) and we have a 4-4 vote.

Or, another example, if there is a Final Three and nine jurors and we have a 4-4-1 vote or a 3-3-3 vote.

Do they split the money? Is there a re-vote? :duno:
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline Alfwin

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2012, 10:47:02 AM »
Mostly they will split the money.Because if they is really a split,it would not be 39 days because the jury will know what did the final 3 did and it won't be in the spirit of the survivor.They will know who back stabbed them and who help them which changes things.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2012, 11:10:08 AM »
That's interesting! I wonder if it will ever happen on Survivor! :lol:

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2012, 07:22:40 PM »
I was thinking about something the other day:

What happens on Survivor in the event of a tie at the Final Tribal Council:

For example, if there is a Final Two and eight jurors (such as Micronesia) and we have a 4-4 vote.

Or, another example, if there is a Final Three and nine jurors and we have a 4-4-1 vote or a 3-3-3 vote.

Do they split the money? Is there a re-vote? :duno:
In Baidu forum we once talked about this scenario. Somebody mentioned that Jeff once talked about this case. If there is a 4-4-1 case, the person that has the lowest votes will be a jury and he'll decide who the sole survivor is. If there's a 3-3-3 case, Jeff will pull out an envelop from his pocket to reveal a new twist which we don't know what it is.
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2012, 08:51:41 PM »
There was actually a case of that (well, sort of) in Survivor Philippines: Celebrity Showdown.

There was a tie during the Live TC and a live re-vote was done.
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2012, 02:58:04 AM »
There was actually a case of that (well, sort of) in Survivor Philippines: Celebrity Showdown.

There was a tie during the Live TC and a live re-vote was done.

Wow! :o Was there still a tie at the re-vote or did the tie get broken?

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2012, 08:51:24 PM »
OMG. I just have read that in the 2008 Season of Expeditie Robinson (Belgium and the Netherlands' version of Survivor), 74 FORMER SEASON contestants voted to proclaim the winner of Survivor

When it came time to reveal the winner of the 2008 season it was revealed that the jury vote was tied at 3-3. This led to seventy four former contestants voting for a winner.

But then again, the source is Wikipedia. :res: :lol:
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2012, 11:10:26 AM »
But then again, the source is Wikipedia. :res: :lol:

:lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2012, 11:20:03 PM »
When there's a tie in the tribal council vote, Jeff will ask all contestants except the two that got votes to vote again. Could either of the two that got votes use an HII by that time?
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2012, 10:04:44 AM »
It's never been done so I doubt it.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.