The Amazing Race International Versions > TAR Australia

UPDATED (MAY 2012) TAR Australia 2 TIMELINE/Spoiler Summary Thread *SPOILERS*

<< < (3/8) > >>

apskip:
tarflyonthewall,

If you count my flight connections (not including the nonstops to Sydney or to Melbourne), here is what you find:

tarflyonthewall,

You have stated that you think flights from Beijing to Australia or New Zealand major cities ought to connect in Thailand or Singapore or Hong Kong. Well, if you count you will find this distribution:

Connecting in Hong Kong 2
Connecting in Kuala Lumpur 1
Connecting in Singapore 1

Connecting in Melbourne 2

So, 4 out of 6 connections do meet your criteria and the other 2 are within Australia itself.

tarflyonthewall:
No, what I meant was that we were likely to get a secondary destination in the final leg before returning to Australia itself, like Singapore was in the first season, and that by extension means there could be (1) multiple connections, either between Beijing and this location or between this location and the finish city, and (2) several hours on the ground in addition to the usual layover. Until we know if this happens, we can't use flight schedules to work out where the teams are going, as there are far, FAR too many variables.

I merely predicted that IF there was a secondary destination, it would be either Bangkok or Hong Kong, most probably Bangkok. It has to be somewhere in south-east Asia or Oceania if there is one. The islands in the South Pacific would be too time-consuming to get to at this point in the season, we've got the Philippines earlier in the season, we've done Vietnam, Indonesia, Singapore, and Hong Kong already (although Hong Kong didn't get much of a visit the first time), and they aren't going to waste the race's first visits ever to Laos or Brunei on a twenty-minute segment in the finale. That leaves Malaysia, Taiwan, Thailand, and Cambodia. Malaysia's too similar to Singapore, Cambodia is unlikely, and the odds of the race flying from Beijing to Taipei are astronomical. Ergo, Thailand is the most logical alternative... but others are definitely plausible.

apskip:
tarflyonthewall,

There does not appear to be sufficient reason to have another leg in southeast Asia as ARAus racers has been spotted in Brisbane.

apskip:
Given the time of spotting (1106am) in Brisbane earlier today, it is likely that the F3 teams did NOT take the connection through Melbourne, as that would have arrive BNE at 1830 last night. I expect that one of these double connections (and there are earlier flights PEK ICN that I do not show) will be the route of choice:

Asiana 334 PEK ICN 1532 1832  connecting to KE121 ICN SYD 1915 0713+1  connecting to QF510 SYD BNE 0901 0934

ZouLy:

--- Quote from: apskip on December 12, 2011, 09:53:04 AM ---Given the time of spotting (1106am) in Brisbane earlier today, it is likely that the F3 teams did NOT take the connection through Melbourne, as that would have arrive BNE at 1830 last night. I expect that one of these double connections (and there are earlier flights PEK ICN that I do not show) will be the route of choice:

Asiana 334 PEK ICN 1532 1832  connecting to KE121 ICN SYD 1915 0713+1  connecting to QF510 SYD BNE 0901 0934

--- End quote ---

apskip, is this Brisbane issue had been confirmed yet?,

I'm standing by in Melbourne, just in case the final destination city would goes here...
Also I was spotting film production trucks parked in Flagstaff Garden, they were setting up tents and lighting,
But as I observed around the garden, I found nothing not evidence of clue box or route marker...
and the logo on the trucks is unlikely to be related with Channel-7, (Empires Film Service and Australian Movie Lightings) but who knows it's a joint company...

But then, I saw a couple of F/F running across the queens road going towards Queen Victoria Market with identical blue backpakcs, but no cameraman around them :(

I'm still on the radar though...  :cmas25

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version