Author Topic: TAR 19 EP 5 "I Feel Like I'm in the Circus" (Bangkok, Thailand)  (Read 60057 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 19 EP 5 "I Feel Like I'm in the Circus" (Bangkok, Thailand)
« Reply #125 on: October 22, 2011, 08:23:28 AM »
No FF.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #126 on: October 22, 2011, 08:26:56 AM »
Do you think they've discontinued the Fast Forward?
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #127 on: October 22, 2011, 09:18:02 AM »
Maybe temporarily....
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #128 on: October 22, 2011, 09:58:08 AM »
good jobs you guys  :wohoo:
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 12:09:45 PM by banzai »

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #129 on: October 22, 2011, 11:01:45 AM »
If indeed we have two RB in this episode, then we might not have a detour at all, at least that's what happened at TAR 16, the only other time we had 2 RB in one leg. If that's the case my speculation is that the elephant ride is a kind of active route marker, which TPTB seems to love this season.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #130 on: October 22, 2011, 11:39:30 AM »
 :tu Banzai!!

And thak you kiki!!

That would be the answer to why we seem to have no detour...

From wiki: TAR16

Leg 10 (Singapore → China)
In the first of two Roadblocks in this Leg of the Race, one team member had to make 1 kg (2.2 lb) of lamian noodles. Singapore (Singapore Changi Airport) to Shanghai, China )
In the first Roadblock on this leg, one team member had to follow a demonstration by a local noodlemaker to make 1 kg (2.2 lb) of la mian noodles. When they were done, He Pingping, the world's shortest man, gave them their next clue. The second Roadblock on this leg required the team member who sat out the first Roadblock to put together a 96-piece puzzle and then give the puzzle to a group of fans in the bleachers. If the puzzle was put together correctly, the other side of the puzzle would give a seat number where the team would find their next clue.

RFF's Golden Rule:

paldog123456

« Reply #131 on: October 22, 2011, 11:42:47 AM »
I am thinking the elephant task may be a route info/speed bump, as TAR16 ep. 10 had the fashion route info.

Also, it was probably easier for production to make 2 Roadblocks instead of a Detour and a Roadblock on short notice.
(2 main tasks compared to 3...)

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #132 on: October 22, 2011, 01:39:41 PM »
If indeed we have two RB in this episode, then we might not have a detour at all, at least that's what happened at TAR 16, the only other time we had 2 RB in one leg. If that's the case my speculation is that the elephant ride is a kind of active route marker, which TPTB seems to love this season.

kiki,
AR16 is not even close to "the only other time we have had 2 Roadblocks in 1 leg". This should happen every time when there is a double leg and sometimes even when that is not so. Some examples are:

AR6 ep. 6 Berlin (hot rocket bungee) and Budapest (eat spicy soup at Gundel Restaurant)
AR18 ep. 12 Rickenbacker Marina move container into place) and Key Largo Jules Undersea Lodge ("treasure hunt")
AR7 ep. 8 Lucknow (search 600 metal boxes) and Jodhpur (both in cart, one to direct a camel)
AR8 ep. 10 Utah (herd cattle) and Wyoming (choose colored flag and golf cart, search for golf balls of same color)
AR8 ep. 11 Montreal (complete a catch on flying trapeze) and state park in Lewiston NY (place country shapes into correct position for 71 piece North/Central America jiqsaw puzzle)

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #133 on: October 22, 2011, 01:42:23 PM »
I wouldn't count a Double Length Leg as a Double Roadblock, because a true Double Roadblock does not allow the performer of the previous Roadblock perform the second one, but whatever.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #134 on: October 22, 2011, 01:49:52 PM »
I wouldn't count a Double Length Leg as a Double Roadblock, because a true Double Roadblock does not allow the performer of the previous Roadblock perform the second one, but whatever.

Prophet,
The ONLY leg that I know of which restricted who could do the second ROADBLOCK in a 2-ROADBLOCK leg was AR18. I guess the question of what qualifies as multiple ROADBLOCKS in a single leg is definitional. There does not have to be only one valid perspective.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #135 on: October 22, 2011, 01:53:53 PM »
There have only been two occasions so far where there were two roadblocks between pitstops or mats with Phil on them. In TAR 16 the one that did the noodle roadblock could not do the puzzle one.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #136 on: October 22, 2011, 02:07:34 PM »
That's 16 and 18, right? And neither one had a detour. Hmmm.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #137 on: October 22, 2011, 03:47:37 PM »
Looks like we may need to reevaluate the elephant location :groan:

Andy and Tommy On An Elephant in Bangkok, Thailand

Liz and Marie Wash An Elephant in Bangkok, Thailand

Bill and Cathi Ride An Elephant in Bangkok, Thailand
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #138 on: October 22, 2011, 03:58:51 PM »
Do you think it's raining in the Andy and Tommy shot? I can't tell. It's raining in the other two.

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #139 on: October 22, 2011, 05:10:15 PM »
Do you think it's raining in the Andy and Tommy shot? I can't tell. It's raining in the other two.

Yes, that's why he changed the T-shirt. So the Spirit House Roadblock is after the elephant task.  :wohoo:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #140 on: October 22, 2011, 07:45:01 PM »
There is a 12+ bus ride between the spirit house task and the elephant...IF the elephant is in the Bangkok are as per the press photos.Plenty of time to have a different shirt?? Or am I missing something?

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #141 on: October 22, 2011, 07:49:57 PM »
New PIP up in post 2!! Blurry because of the resizing, but you can clearly see that where Tommy is carrying the spirit house pieces it is NOT beside the Temple.

Caps coming.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #142 on: October 22, 2011, 08:52:38 PM »
PIP caps!

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #143 on: October 22, 2011, 08:57:12 PM »
Okay... I STILL like the elephants in Phuket as a first task, despite the caption "in Bangkok" on the press pics.

I just don't see the speedbump being placed at the end of the leg...

Minor mysteries:
All our inside bus station pics are in Bangkok right?
So why are M/A at a ticket window? ???

And CLEARLY we can see that wherever Tommy is getting his house pieces it is NOT at the Temple...so they have to get the pieces, take them to the temple, and build it there.

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #144 on: October 22, 2011, 09:08:15 PM »
The spirit house seems like the first roadblock because Andy and Tommy have been taking turns. That would put the water roadblock and the elephants in second. So the temple might be in Phuket with the rest of the leg around Bangkok with the canal RI between the RB and the detour?
A lot of speedbump tasks are between the detour and the roadblock like the yoga in TAR12 and the coin flipping and the tea tasting in TAR16 and the tank washing in TAR17. In this leg it will probably be between the two RBs. So it would work with what I said.

(Three speedbumps were right before the Pitstop)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #145 on: October 22, 2011, 09:08:48 PM »
This is my spec for the order so far:

(This leg is already pretty crowded even without a detour.)

Depart after an extended PitStop.

Make your way to {{spec'd}} Ton Pariwat wildlife sanctuary

Active Route Marker: both teams ride elephants through the forest

Speedbump: Liz and Marie must wash an elephant

RB: Find a wrapped bundle in a waterfall/pool and do ( unknown what with it...unless {{spec}} could this be a piece of the spirit house??)
    Seen doing this: Andy and Marcus

RB 2: Collect all the pieces needed to build a spirit house, and then take them to and assemble them at Chateau's unnamed wat!
    Seen doing this: Tommy

(somewhere in all that  (?) >>ride a jitney)

Take a looooong bus ride to Bangkok.
    Fearing they have broken the rules, one team takes a risk that could cost them the Race. {{spec by Chateau}} That this involves "first-class fares"

In Bangkok:

Liz and Marie do not have enough money for a taxi ride

Jeremy/ Sandy are lost in Bangkok while Ernie/Cindy are lost in translation, something regarding      the taxi driver refusing their US dollars.,.

All teams must feed the fish in the Bangkok Noi canal of "Wat Srisudaram" to receive their next clue...to the PITSTOP ???

Pitstop: Unknown...but teams seen near The Grand Palace (thanks Kartvelophile ) So that is my guess!

The Grand Palace has an area of 218,400 sq. metres and is surrounded by walls built in 1782. The length of the four walls is 1,900 metres. Within these walls are situated government offices and the Chapel Royal of the Emerald Buddha besides the royal residences.

Awesome DON"T MISS Virtual Tour! Click on the red numbers on the map to change locations...

http://palaces.thai.net/vt/vtgp/
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline eddiethejet

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #146 on: October 22, 2011, 11:15:58 PM »
The spirit house seems like the first roadblock because Andy and Tommy have been taking turns. That would put the water roadblock and the elephants in second. So the temple might be in Phuket with the rest of the leg around Bangkok with the canal RI between the RB and the detour?
A lot of speedbump tasks are between the detour and the roadblock like the yoga in TAR12 and the coin flipping and the tea tasting in TAR16 and the tank washing in TAR17. In this leg it will probably be between the two RBs. So it would work with what I said.

(Three speedbumps were right before the Pitstop)

The spirit house is the 2nd roadblock.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #147 on: October 23, 2011, 12:19:04 AM »
Okay... I STILL like the elephants in Phuket as a first task, despite the caption "in Bangkok" on the press pics.

I just don't see the speedbump being placed at the end of the leg...

Minor mysteries:
All our inside bus station pics are in Bangkok right?
So why are M/A at a ticket window? ???

And CLEARLY we can see that wherever Tommy is getting his house pieces it is NOT at the Temple...so they have to get the pieces, take them to the temple, and build it there.

This blog has a picture from inside the Phuket Bus Station

It looks like our shots:   :tup:

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #148 on: October 23, 2011, 09:02:16 AM »

I do not think it is raining in that particular photo.  However, it could rain during their elephant trip.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #149 on: October 23, 2011, 10:29:07 AM »
Thanks Chateau!! That makes MUCH more sense!!
RFF's Golden Rule: