Author Topic: S23 EP 5 "Taste the Victory"  (Read 7192 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
S23 EP 5 "Taste the Victory"
« on: October 05, 2011, 06:16:27 PM »
Thanks kiki for the title find!

AN UPSET CASTAWAY SEEKS REVENGE AND A BIG BETRAYAL SHAKES UP THE GAME AT A SURPRISING TRIBAL COUNCIL, ON "SURVIVOR: SOUTH PACIFIC," WEDNESDAY, OCT. 12

CHEAT TWEET: Revenge, betrayal and starvation! #Survivor, Wednesday, Oct. 12 at 8pmET/PT  http://bit.ly/rf3u5V

"Taste The Victory" – Starving castaways tap into their primal instincts at an intense Immunity Challenge, and a big betrayal shakes up the game at a surprising Tribal Council. Meanwhile, on Redemption Island a scorned castaway seeks revenge by spilling all the secrets of their former tribe, and the third castaway is sent home, on SURVIVOR: SOUTH PACIFIC, Wednesday, Oct. 12 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 04:25:11 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: S23 EP 5 (still no danged title!!)
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 06:17:28 PM »
saved for vids
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline coolio

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2011, 09:07:33 PM »
Based on the preview, I can determine alot of useless facts.
1. The Immunity challenge is a copy of S6's meat challenge. For those of you who didn't see Amazon, the is a hunk of meat for each tribe that both weigh equally as much. Tribe member must then rip off pieces of the meat using only their mouths. Whichever tribe's meat hunk is lighter at the end wins.
2. Coach attends the RI duel. Why else would Christine say "Benjamin"
Note: Benjamin is Coach's real name.
Therefore, I conclude that Christine mentions Coach's real name, whomever goes to RI with Coach tells everyone else at Upolu about it, and Coach gets pissed.
3. Brandon still is bad at Survivor. Wait, I don't need a preview to tell me that!   

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2011, 12:57:49 PM »
8:00pm
Survivor: South Pacific

"TASTE THE VICTORY"

"Taste The Victory" – Starving castaways tap into their primal instincts at an intense Immunity Challenge, and a big betrayal shakes up the game at a surprising Tribal Council. Meanwhile, on Redemption Island a scorned castaway seeks revenge by spilling all the secrets of their former tribe, and the third castaway is sent home, on SURVIVOR: SOUTH PACIFIC, Wednesday, Oct. 12 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Re: S23 EP 5 "Taste the Victory"
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2011, 09:50:40 PM »
Big betrayal... probably means Ozzy's tribe lost. :duno:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2011, 09:20:42 PM »
Promo:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/20MO3xBkITY?version=3&amp;amp;hl" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/20MO3xBkITY?version=3&amp;amp;hl</a>
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Lucybell

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2011, 11:01:06 AM »
Big betrayal... probably means Ozzy's tribe lost. :duno:

Yes, I believe so!  According to Matt Fisher, who has been right EVERY week so far, Elyse, from Savaii, goes home tonight. 

Offline Katarzyna

• RFF Full Member
  • Sashay away!
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2011, 11:50:53 PM »
The challenge was so disgusting yet I felt good watching it. Something's wrong with me  :duno:
I'm so loving Coach being the villain (atleast in my mind) that he is  :hearts:
Oh Brian, I can't wait til after dinner. Cos then we'll go home and you can watch me have my period.

Offline realshowfan

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Frantic Fanfic Fanatic!
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2011, 08:20:59 AM »
Cochran's getting a lot of precious opportunities! Poor Elyse, though.

Okay, so I liked the RI duel. It was exciting. Go Stacey for trashing her old tribemates!  :tup:  Christine really is a force to be reckoned with! I wonder if Elyse will win though! Will her inner Native American shine finally?!

Both veterans now have the Idol. And with Ozzy's alliance down and out, he might use his Idol first chance he gets.

I commend Mikayla for taking Rick's (Who?) fallen meat during the challenge. That might've been the diff. I'm so glad they got this challenge back. It's original (as in, other shows have little opportunity to have such a challenge, plus, it's so vicious it looks barbaric, which gives Survivor that 'i want it so bad' feeling!).

Go Dawn!
This summer ※ The Amazing Race: ZBC // RSF
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,31363.0.html

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2011, 08:29:21 AM »
i thought whoever vote for dawn it stupid

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2011, 11:35:15 AM »
i thought whoever vote for dawn it stupid

No, it's not stupid. It's strategic and better than voting for Elyse.. they will have a hard time answering to Ozzy.

Okay, I like the fact that Cochran stays, because I'm not a fan of Ozzy. :neener:

The RI has been used before and it's one of my favourite challenges ever!!

Liked the fact that Mikayla picked up the meat from the ground.

But honestly, the challenge is disgusting.

Still loving Dawn!! Like the fact that Upolu didn't lose otherwise Edna might be in trouble!! 13 left.. 3 more tribal councils to merge.

It seems like Edna and Dawn might be the next 2 person voted off..... But I think Ozzy's in trouble too. Savaii seems to be losing the next challenge as well.

Christine VS Elyse. Come on, we all know who's going to win. :lol:

Still don't like Christine, hopes she lose. -.-

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2011, 12:37:29 PM »
So now the two veterans have the HII... And Coach has Albert to thank. Seems like Albert isn't that great at finding Idols, despite having found a clue.

That Immunity Challenge was DISGUSTING. Period. I couldn't even bear to look at them spitting out all that meat and... Other stuff. But I agree it's a how-bad-you-want-it kinda challenge, and it was nice to see some castaways going all out for it. Mikayla picking up that piece of meat was, Wow. It just showed how much of a team player she is and how she's just willing to help her tribe win. I really really hope she goes deep into the game.

Great to see some shaking up at Savaii! I'm glad it's not another Ometepe where the castaways just blindly follow their leader. Not that I'm a fan of Jim, but I appreciate that he's doing all the manipulation he can to play the game. And I'm glad even Keith and Whitney who're in Ozzy's alliance saw how big a threat he and Elyse could have become. I feel bad for Elyse getting voted out, but I'm happy 'cos it weakens Ozzy.

Next week already looks interesting, with Ozzy deciding to flare up at his tribe. I'm not sure that's the wisest move, but then again, Ozzy has never struck me as that wonderful a strategic player. In fact, part of me is wondering if he's attempting to throw the challenge next week. He doesn't look like he's really trying to lift that crate of coconuts. So... I can't wait!
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2011, 05:48:19 PM »
So now the two veterans have the HII... And Coach has Albert to thank. Seems like Albert isn't that great at finding Idols, despite having found a clue.

That Immunity Challenge was DISGUSTING. Period. I couldn't even bear to look at them spitting out all that meat and... Other stuff. But I agree it's a how-bad-you-want-it kinda challenge, and it was nice to see some castaways going all out for it. Mikayla picking up that piece of meat was, Wow. It just showed how much of a team player she is and how she's just willing to help her tribe win. I really really hope she goes deep into the game.

Great to see some shaking up at Savaii! I'm glad it's not another Ometepe where the castaways just blindly follow their leader. Not that I'm a fan of Jim, but I appreciate that he's doing all the manipulation he can to play the game. And I'm glad even Keith and Whitney who're in Ozzy's alliance saw how big a threat he and Elyse could have become. I feel bad for Elyse getting voted out, but I'm happy 'cos it weakens Ozzy.

Next week already looks interesting, with Ozzy deciding to flare up at his tribe. I'm not sure that's the wisest move, but then again, Ozzy has never struck me as that wonderful a strategic player. In fact, part of me is wondering if he's attempting to throw the challenge next week. He doesn't look like he's really trying to lift that crate of coconuts. So... I can't wait!

Ozzy never struck me as a great strategic player in Fans vs. Favorites or especially in Cook Islands!  Cook Islands was my favorite season (largely because Yul was my favorite winner) and I remember how Yul outsmarted Ozzy by convincing Cao Boi (and through him, Flicka) to vote out Cecelia!  Also, Ozzy wasn't really a part of the "inner circle" of the Aitu 4 even when they were forced to stick together!  And it was Ozzy's inadvertent revelation that he had a connection with Nate that set the scene for Yul's strategy to use the Hidden Immunity Idol to get Jonathan on the Aitu-4's side -- and get Nate out of there, although Nate's own behavior towards Jonathan helped.  And it was Yul's agreeing to help vote out Jonathan that got him Adam's vote -- and the win in the end!  Ozzy's no strategic genius, that's for sure!

Belle Book

Offline StephenWasHere

• RFF Full Member
  • *gasp* You are SUCH a liar, Tom!
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2011, 05:58:20 PM »
This episode went pretty well I suppose. Was glad to see one of Ozzy's alliancemates go, even though I started to like Elyse. Am still pulling for Cochran and Dawn! Something tells me that the preview is misleading and that Upolu will go to TC next. I think that either Edna or Mikayla will get snuffed with Mikayla being the more feasible option.
TAR25- Shelley/Nici, Amy/Maya, Kym/Alli, Keith/Whitney
Survivor SJDS: Natalie, Jeremy, Baylor

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2011, 09:10:25 PM »
This sudden relevation comes to me... Brandon gets voted out... and goes to RI... and comes back into the game.... REDEMPTION story? Hmmmm?

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2011, 11:26:10 PM »
Why does Coach allow nobody but his mom to call his first name Benjemin?

Haven't watched previous seasons...
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2011, 10:55:13 AM »
I think Benjamin >>> Coach. :neener:

Offline Squall

• RFF Jr. Member
  • There is reason to fear;Squall (the first) is here
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2011, 02:10:55 PM »
 waiting on my friend to bring dinner over, and after the challenge, i lost my appetite. But, kudos for the blindside..and LIke you all said, ozzy isnt the best strategist, and the flare up is going ot be no surprise because he in his mind thought he was running things, and that's the game of survivor, once you get to comfortable running things, someone may try to launch a coup d'etat (or however the hell its spelt)
"as long as you don't get your hopes up, you can take anything...you feel less pain" --> Squall
Host: The Mole: South Eastern Sabotage
Played: Fantasy Big Brother 2011 (Mythic) - Win | Survivor K: South Pacific: (Coach) - Runner Up

Offline Kate04

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2011, 05:03:59 PM »

So there I was eating lunch while watching the episode and soon found myself sick to my stomach. The least they could have done is warned the viewers that grossness was to follow.

That was disgusting  and sickening and has made me lose my "appetite" for Survivor if you catch my drift.  :lol:

The producers need to show us more respect than put us through something that vile.  I fast forwarded to tribal.  Gross   :groan:

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2011, 08:39:58 PM »
No doubt the challenge was disgusting (like I said, I refused to look at the screen when they spat out the meat). But I feel that it was still a good challenge to include in the season, because it just brings out the fighting spirit in each castaway (if any).
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`