Author Topic: Blooooog Ep. 2  (Read 7746 times)

Offline DeafRacer

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Full Member
Blooooog Ep. 2
« on: October 03, 2011, 07:02:37 PM »
http://deafracer.blogspot.com/2011/10/watch-out-for-small-things.html

ENJOY!!! :)  I'd love to hear your opinion on the speed bump task as well!!

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
Re: Blooooog Ep. 2
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2011, 07:15:00 PM »
Where was Elimination Station last year? We never found out.

And nice job again, it's fun to see your perspective.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline boston_jen

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2011, 10:18:35 PM »
 :waves: Thanks for sharing your blog.  I have enjoyed reading what you wrote about the episodes so far, and I look forward to reading more from you.

Offline DeafRacer

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2011, 01:08:47 AM »
Where was Elimination Station last year? We never found out.

And nice job again, it's fun to see your perspective.

It's somewhere tropical and warm.... ;-)

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2011, 12:01:09 PM »
http://deafracer.blogspot.com/2011/10/watch-out-for-small-things.html

ENJOY!!! :)  I'd love to hear your opinion on the speed bump task as well!!

Thanks for the blog; it is always fun to have a racer's insight.

I would like to know what the TAR producers had hoped the SpeedBump would do?  In this episode, Bill & Cathi were far enough ahead, that it did not affect their race position.  Had Bill & Cathi arrived with a bunch of other teams, the relatively easy SpeedBump would have had a bigger impact on their race position.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2011, 12:30:49 PM »
Now, their Speed Bump task had me cringe. Seriously, untie the rope knots!? A bunch of fifth graders could have done that! The task were not very interesting and not very time-consumed... Honestly, I think the Speed Bump tasks should have been time-consumed given with the team being saved from being eliminated should be not reward with so simple task. From what I remember: there were three time-consumed Speed Bumps.

Season 12: Xysin and Kynt performed Indian Yoga in Mumbai. I heard their entire story of how they had to do yoga. It’s pretty tough. At least, the task looked pretty cool from what I saw on t.v. but pretty time-consumed.

Season 14: Jodi and Christie had to paint colors on an elephant in Jaipur. A real elephant! Now, that’s pretty awesome task. There’s a chance that the elephant could have been out of control and not cooperating with J & C. Pretty risky Speed Bump.

I completely agree with you on this, just not OVERLY time-consuming tasks. Obviously, the 2 you've mentioned above are good examples of GOOD Speedbump tasks which were TOO time consuming due to MUCH TRAVELLING.

I would love to see a Speedbump task which is interesting, relavant to the country, but does not require any travelling at all (like recent seasons).. But seems like while producers put into account that travelling takes up most of the Speedbump time, they forgot that... they will need to at least do something interesting!

Thanks for sharing, Luke!!! :wohoo:

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2011, 03:56:45 PM »
Good analysis!. I particularly agree with "NO more crossover reality couples to Amazing Race please!!!!"  However, I think you are too hard on both Ethan/Jenna and Ron Bill, both of whom were screwed by poor taxi drivers (now where have we heard that before). If the luck of the draw had gotten them good ones, then having to go back to give all their money would not have mattered.

Offline slayton

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2011, 07:29:54 PM »
Hey, Luke, if you were in the same situation as Ethan & Jenna and still had money left, do you think you would have lied to Phil about giving away all of your money?

It seemed like the donation task was entirely contingent on the honor system.  I don't know how production could actually confirm that every team gave every penny that they had to the orphanage.  Even if they emptied every team's belongings and had every team strip naked and gave everyone a full body search, it still wouldn't be foolproof.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2011, 08:04:56 PM »
Hey, Luke, if you were in the same situation as Ethan & Jenna and still had money left, do you think you would have lied to Phil about giving away all of your money?

It seemed like the donation task was entirely contingent on the honor system.  I don't know how production could actually confirm that every team gave every penny that they had to the orphanage.  Even if they emptied every team's belongings and had every team strip naked and gave everyone a full body search, it still wouldn't be foolproof.

Production will know, I'm very sure.

Offline DeafRacer

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2011, 09:34:33 PM »

Hahahha, you had me   :lol3:

I am not sure if I am allowed to reveal such deep details behind the scene but....  yeah, there's NO way the teams could sneak by like that.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2011, 10:20:05 PM »

Production will know, I'm very sure.

Joab is quite right. Production would have been especially observant of money turned over to the nuns and would have verified the precise amounts with the nuns after each team left. They would have called ahead to the pit stop so that Phil had the information for not checking all non-complying teams in.

Offline slayton

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2011, 07:40:38 PM »

I am not sure if I am allowed to reveal such deep details behind the scene but....  yeah, there's NO way the teams could sneak by like that.

Luke, your response has piqued my interest. 

If you are allowed to answer this, are teams required to constantly report to production how much money they're carrying?

Offline DeafRacer

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2011, 03:19:35 PM »

Luke, your response has piqued my interest. 

If you are allowed to answer this, are teams required to constantly report to production how much money they're carrying?

No. Because we can spend the money whatever we want to. As long as we are able to pay the cab fare...

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2011, 03:22:13 PM »
Is begging allowed anymore? Like, do you have to walk if you run out of cash rather than beg?
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline DeafRacer

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2011, 03:47:55 PM »
Yeah, begging is still allowed... At least, it's for my seasons. But, we never really need to beg though   my alliance (Jaime & Cara and Tammy & Victor) on Season 14 - we actually borrowed each other's cash and always pay it back.

We are allowed to "lose" our backpacks as long as we have passports on us but the big risk is that we do not know where we will be going so the weather is a big factor...

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2011, 03:34:41 AM »
Yeah, begging is still allowed... At least, it's for my seasons. But, we never really need to beg though   my alliance (Jaime & Cara and Tammy & Victor) on Season 14 - we actually borrowed each other's cash and always pay it back.

We are allowed to "lose" our backpacks as long as we have passports on us but the big risk is that we do not know where we will be going so the weather is a big factor...

Did you ever plan with your mum to "lose" your bags at the end city for TAR18?