Author Topic: TAR 19 EP 4 "This is Gonna Be a Fine Mess" (Phuket, Thailand)  (Read 38429 times)

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 19 EP 4 "This is Gonna Be a Fine Mess" (Phuket, Thailand)
« Reply #75 on: October 16, 2011, 04:03:41 AM »
Phang Nga Province is near Phuket, my fantasy race when there....

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #76 on: October 16, 2011, 04:10:53 PM »
Sure looks like it! My only question would be if the Roadblock and Pit Stop are both on Ko Panyi, why is Cathi waiting on the speedboat for Bill to complete the task?

Why wouldn't she be? They have just come on a really long boat ride from the Detour and she doesn't know where the PitStop is.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Lucybell

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #77 on: October 16, 2011, 04:39:20 PM »
Sure looks like it! My only question would be if the Roadblock and Pit Stop are both on Ko Panyi, why is Cathi waiting on the speedboat for Bill to complete the task?

Why wouldn't she be? They have just come on a really long boat ride from the Detour and she doesn't know where the PitStop is.

Maybe the Pitstop is on the otherside of the Island and they have to take the boat around?  :duno:

Offline Lucybell

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #78 on: October 16, 2011, 04:44:00 PM »
Do you think that Ernie and Cindy used the Express Pass?  We see just Ernie (if you blink you'd miss him altogether) at the detour... What if they thought, 'Oh Hell with it' and used it?  Andy and Tommy looked pretty dang happy... One of the first to arrive or glad they are still in it?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #80 on: October 16, 2011, 09:24:28 PM »
Does anyone remember if Liz and Marie were shown switching on the air?

They switched?

Greenegg saw them doing the coral Detour in the promo. We've been getting some odd stuff in promos this year.

Also, why did the clue say "you will find Phil at the floating stadium" ?? I wonder if this was supposed to be a TBC at one point or something.

And of course we got another non cluebox and a non paper RI clue.

Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #81 on: October 16, 2011, 10:11:55 PM »
Congratulations to Ernie and Cindy for holding on to the Express Pass beyond Leg 4! That's a RECORD. :lol3:

I'm really liking all the teams so far... with the exception of Andy and Tommy being a strong team and completely making the race boring for me by doing a hat trick. Other than that, they're a decent team and >>> BJ and Tyler. HOWEVER, please stop doing what they did at the airport to Zac and Laurence, it's pointless and not funny at all. Don't do a BJ and Tyler, they don't ask you back for Allstars. :lol3:

I'm also not liking Jeremy and Sandy much. Thank goodness they're not getting much edit which probably means they don't win or whatsoever. Even Liz and Marie has more screentime than them.

This season gives me abit of a TAR 7 vibe... We have Amani and Marcus who for God knows what reason always fall from the top to the bottom pack, then we have Bill and Cathi who's doing a Meredith and Gretchen... slow and steady. They don't even know how many legs they're going to survive but that attitude to survive and go through each leg. <3

Justin and Jennifer.. there's something I like about this sibling relationship here. Very real, very true and fun to watch them bicker. They also worked well together as a team and I'm rooting for them too. Too many teams to love this season! :D

Ernie and Cindy... mistake made this leg. Completely falling behind after their strong performance from the first leg. I suggest that they should stop and think sometimes and not just rush through things. Other than that, they're still pretty much a strong contender for the Final 3.

Laurence and Zac... oh well, they got more screentime this leg. But still unforgettable. T_T

I think the Roadblock is underrated. Does it really seem as easy as it seemed? I mean, it seems like every team just sort of breezed through it. I suggest they do a Switchback of The Bowling Moms Roadblock. :lol3: I think Liz and Marie might just die on the spot if they had to do that RB after all the beach detour drama.

Obviously, I thought that making umbrellas couldn't be that hard. But the girls are really weak and do not have strength to go against the windspeed. Poor them. :( <333333333333333333333333333333 Go twins! Do a Kami and Karli and go all the way till Leg 9 at least! :D

Right now I think definitely, we will have Andy and Tommy in the Final 3... Justin and Jennifer and Ernie and Cindy seemed to be the viable choices too. But I have no idea why... Amani and Marcus seemed to be due for winning a leg soon. Or is it just me? :lol:

GREAT SEASON SO FAR. Andy and Tommy please don't win the next leg. <///////////////////3

Offline lovetherace

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #82 on: October 16, 2011, 10:35:58 PM »
Has anybody mentioned this YouTube video of the soccer team on Koh Panyee?  Saw it pointed out on another forum.  A nice story (and great scenery).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jU4oA3kkAWU

If the link doesn't work (I'm not the best computer person), search TMB Panyee FC short film.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #83 on: October 16, 2011, 11:42:49 PM »
Has anybody mentioned this YouTube video of the soccer team on Koh Panyee?  Saw it pointed out on another forum.  A nice story (and great scenery).

If the link doesn't work (I'm not the best computer person), search TMB Panyee FC short film.

Oh thanks for sharing this!! LOVE it!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Katarzyna

• RFF Full Member
  • Sashay away!
« Reply #84 on: October 16, 2011, 11:48:28 PM »
Andy & Ernie went shirtless. Why didn't you Jeremy!  :'(
lol  :lol: I'm such a perv.
Anyway, glad the twins were saved. And Jennifer needs to burst out often! She gets so entertaining when mad  :lol:
LOL at Laurence for blaming the map and compass.
Oh Brian, I can't wait til after dinner. Cos then we'll go home and you can watch me have my period.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #85 on: October 16, 2011, 11:51:09 PM »
Congratulations to Ernie and Cindy for holding on to the Express Pass beyond Leg 4! That's a RECORD. :lol3:

Gary & Mallory used the Express Pass on Leg 5 last season...

Offline guacamole300

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #86 on: October 17, 2011, 12:52:03 AM »

damn! you beat me to it!! i was going to post it!!  :groan:  :lol: but yeah it is pretty amazing

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #87 on: October 17, 2011, 08:36:24 AM »

Oh dear, I totally forgot that both times it was used on a Final 9 elimination leg. So actually, Ernie and Cindy already broke the "record' of using it with lesser teams in the race. :lol: But in terms of a real record, Ernie and Cindy needs to NOT use their EP next leg to beat Gary and Mallory's record... maybe they will keep it till Leg 8? :tup:

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #88 on: October 17, 2011, 08:45:12 AM »
Looks like the Pit Start (and the Pit Stop hotel for Legs 2 and 3) was the Sheraton Mustika at Yogyakarta. I can't find the Hindu statue in the opening sequence there though...

« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 08:58:18 AM by Neobie »

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #89 on: October 17, 2011, 11:33:30 AM »

Oh dear, I totally forgot that both times it was used on a Final 9 elimination leg. So actually, Ernie and Cindy already broke the "record' of using it with lesser teams in the race. :lol: But in terms of a real record, Ernie and Cindy needs to NOT use their EP next leg to beat Gary and Mallory's record... maybe they will keep it till Leg 8? :tup:

They have set a record in keeping quiet about it the longest. For all the little things that have come up, they have yet to even talk about using it.

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #90 on: October 17, 2011, 08:20:23 PM »
Noooooo at Andy and Tommy doing a hat trick! Not that I have anything against them (they're just not one of my favourites), it's just making the race seem boring. But we can't deny they're great racers with loads of experience from being professional surfers. This race seems all too easy for them, the way they're breezing through the tasks. Then again, they do deserve credit for always being careful to read the rules and be aware of their surroundings. Not many teams can do this.

Justin and Jennifer still kinda annoy me, but they raced a strong leg. I still believe they will make the Final 3 and possibly end up second place like most strong, bickering teams.

My first impression of Jeremy and Sandy was that they'd be a bickering team. But over the past few episodes, there didn't seem to be much of them so I thought they're actually peace-loving. But this episode, Jeremy started the snapping and I was like... Alright, guess I'm not rooting for this team. Other than that, they've been consistent throughout the past few legs. I'd think that they're contenders for the Final 3 but based on the previews for next week, I get the feeling that they'll be eliminated sometime soon because of a bad mistake of some sort...

Still not getting much from Lawrence and Zac, but after not doing so well the first leg, they've made a good recovery and have been racing strong the past few legs. They work pretty well together too, but they remind me of Michael and Kevin, so I get the feeling they won't make the Final 3.

Totally rooting for Ernie and Cindy still. I just love this team. If not for their navigation error, they'd have finished in third place. Which worries me, 'cos in a race like this, you can't afford to make such silly mistakes. When there're fewer teams left, that's when the impact will be drastic. I still feel that they will make the Final 3 and possibly wind up in third place like Brian and Ericka.

Amani and Marcus haven't been doing that well, but something tells me they're gonna continue like that and make it through to the Final 5 or 6, and then get eliminated 'cos they're not as strong as other teams. But for now, they can still afford to go the wrong way as they're many teams remaining.

Love Bill and Cathi! Love their positive attitude and how they're always so appreciative of the things around them. They seem to be doing well for some legs, but always wind up 7th place. Oh well, slow and steady! I actually do believe it when Bill said they're gonna be around for some time.

I'm thankful Liz and Marie did not get eliminated. They're clueless and pretty weak, but there's something I like about them. Maybe 'cos they're the only remaining all-female team as well... I don't know if they'll survive the Speed Bump next leg though. And I guess they'll be eliminated soon...

For now, I feel that Andy and Tommy have the highest chances to win the race, not just because they've won three legs, but I'm factoring edit and their meticulousness in too.
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline mjshal

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #91 on: October 19, 2011, 12:16:14 AM »
I noticed when Andy / Tommy and Lawrence / Zac checked in at Yogyakarta airport, they were showing the boarding pass being printed.  However, upon close inspection, the boarding pass shown is for flight KQ 116 on July 3.  Googling KQ 116, shows that flight is from Nairobi to Amsterdam.

So, it looks like they swap that clip into Yogyakarta.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #92 on: October 19, 2011, 12:24:32 AM »
 :welcome: to RFF mjshal!!

And great minds think alike! You are absolutely correct. Come join our guys talking about this over here? Good catch! :jumpy:

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,25627.msg671127.html#msg671127
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #93 on: October 19, 2011, 09:34:53 AM »
I'm going to give credit to the cab driver who drove Liz and Marie for free.... taxi in Phuket = EXPENSIVE. That could be like... maybe 500 baht OR MORE of wasted trip and he has to go back to the airport again! (More than $15 USD for sure... and they don't earn that much in the country)