Author Topic: TAR 19 EP 4 "This is Gonna Be a Fine Mess" (Phuket, Thailand)  (Read 38427 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
TAR 19 EP 4 "This is Gonna Be a Fine Mess" (Phuket, Thailand)
« on: October 03, 2011, 05:12:50 PM »
Thank you prama for the title find! Thank you paldog for the first Thailand find!

Episode 4:

Press Release:

TEAMS TRAVEL TO PHUKET, THAILAND WHERE THEY SWIM TO THE OCEAN FLOOR AND CLIMB TO NEW HEIGHTS, ON “THE AMAZING RACE” SUNDAY, OCT. 16

CHEAT TWEET: After Thailand was devastated by the deadliest tsunami on record, teams give back during challenges, #AmazingRace 10/16 http://bit.ly/qiEFuS 

“This is Gonna be a Fine Mess” (Phuket, Thailand) – Teams struggle with an underwater challenge which threatens their positions in the game, and one team’s love for the outdoors comes in handy during a tough climbing challenge, on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, Oct. 16 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.  Emmy Award nominee Phil Keoghan is the host. 

« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 10:48:53 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 19 EP 4 "This is Gonna Be a Fine Mess" (Phuket, Thailand)
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2011, 05:13:34 PM »
PREVIEW!! Thanks TL!!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/y9mpHD47qDw?version=3&amp;amp;hl" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/y9mpHD47qDw?version=3&amp;amp;hl</a>

caps are here: http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,26317.msg669834.html#msg669834

PROMO 1!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/99y7Gqogq-8?version=3&amp;amp;hl" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/99y7Gqogq-8?version=3&amp;amp;hl</a>

Episode Promo!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/U35CD7EtX6Y?version=3&amp;amp;hl" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/U35CD7EtX6Y?version=3&amp;amp;hl</a>
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 06:01:59 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2011, 05:14:05 PM »
EPISODE 4: Yogyakarta, Indonesia to Phuket, Thailand

Film Date: June 24-25, 2011
Air Date: October 16. 2011

ROUTE INFO: Fly to Phuket Thailand  SOURCE1 SOURCE2

HOO ??

Travel by boat ( Nonthasak Marine) from HERE in Phuket to Koh Khai Thailand.

DETOUR:
Umbrella: Setting up umbrellas on the beach

OR:
Underwater: Building coral planters underwater

At least 4 teams Bald Snark: Marcus/Amani, Jeremy/Sandy, Bill/Cathi, Liz/Marie

Travel by boat to Unconfirmed location for

ROADBLOCK: Rock Climbing

ROUTE INFO: Travel by boat to the Island of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ko_Panyi]Ko Panyi   

PITSTOP:  Floating Soccer Field at Ko Panyi

Possible NEL ?

Thanks to Chateau/Slowhatch/Prophet/ and Dom El for the great location finds!!
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 05:34:26 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2011, 05:14:29 PM »
See Timeline above ^^, sorry no gifs this week. :(
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 03:46:52 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2011, 05:15:13 PM »
saved
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2011, 09:35:53 PM »
^^Preview is up!!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2011, 10:23:29 PM »
PREVIEW CAPS!!

Looks like we have another Intro cap location! (1-3)

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2011, 10:28:45 PM »
The preview makes me think this is going to have some elements of Season 1, Leg 11 which was a extremely physical leg in the same area. Don't know if they're repeating all the tasks from that memorable leg (and I wish they had), but I do get the impression it's got at least some of that included.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 10:43:13 PM by theschnauzers »
-- theschnauzers

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2011, 10:54:09 PM »
The preview makes me think this is going to have some elements of Season 1, Leg 11 which was a extremely physical leg in the same area. Don't know if they're repeating all the tasks from that memorable leg (and I wish they had), but I do get the impression it's got at least some of that included.
That might just be my favorite leg in season 1.

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2011, 11:16:33 PM »
I hated TAR 1 Krabi though. The leg went absolutely nowhere, teams were ferried around in chartered boats, none of the tasks was culturally engaging, and nothing was tested except for physical skills (plus the bad hours of operation planning that defined the rest of the race).

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2011, 07:15:24 AM »
PHUKET LOVE <3

^^ Those umbrella stands are available on almost all the beaches so.... (I took that photo when I was in Phuket)

I believe they might have to go out to Phi Phi Island or go on an island hoping spree.

But... Phuket again? Why not visit other islands..... :duno:

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2011, 10:40:22 AM »
The island being filmed by the helicopter is Koh Nom Sao.

http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&cp=jch4rds66zg6&lvl=16&dir=180&sty=b&eo=0&where1=Ko%20Panyi%2C%20Phangnga%2C%20Thailand&form=LMLTCC

There is a tiny island in the foreground, and the boats are docked in the same position which I'm inclined to believe is a fishing spot so I'm fairly confident this is our place. However, there seems to be very limited information on this island, so I'm wondering whether this beautiful island is unrelated and just filmed as a 'beauty shot'.

A short boat ride north takes us to Ko Panyi, famous for its Muslim fishing village, built entirely on stilts and set against a backdrop of a towering limestone cliff:

http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&cp=jcpdjws67rzy&lvl=17&dir=270&sty=b&eo=0&where1=Ko%20Panyi%2C%20Phangnga%2C%20Thailand&form=LMLTCC

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ko_Panyi

This rock climbing company lists the cliffs of Ko Panyi as one of its destinations: http://www.geckothailand.com/Panyi_climbing.html so it is likely to be where we see Bill rock climbing and also the village that we see the children running through earlier in the promo.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2011, 11:10:39 AM »
PHUKET LOVE <3

This has been discussed elsewhere, but Phil has been quoted as saying that the location for one leg this season had to be changed on the fly at the last minute. Apparently some natural disaster or civil unrest made a planned location unsafe. Speculation here on the board was that possibly it was due to rioting in Nepal around the time of the legs in Indonesia and good old comfortable and reliable Phuket was the last minute substitution. Certainly they are very familiar with Phuket and have contacts there, as well as previously planned tasks that could be set up on short notice. However, this is all speculative and we don't know for sure. I'm writing this from memory and I may have a detail or two wrong. There was one or two other possibilities for the changed leg as well.

Offline krabbe

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2011, 11:41:27 AM »
Gaah another rappelling roadblock, so soon? :groan:

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2011, 11:50:41 AM »
AR1, episode 11 was in Beijing and featured the battle between Joe/Bill and Kevin/Drew, although it did depart from the Phuket International Airport because it is the major one for the entire area. I believe you mean AR1, leg 10 which was in Ao Luk, Chicken Island, Paiplong and Raile Beach near Krabi?

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2011, 01:29:01 PM »
Yes. I meant to type 10. I.m typing on a tablet while my notebook is repaired (some of the keys only) and it.s difficult to fix typos as the on-Screen keys  are a.pain to work with.

Others did figure out which leg I meant; IIRC, Krabi isn't far from Phuket, and with those offahore islands, there is always a chance the teams might hav been close to Krabi.
-- theschnauzers

paldog123456

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2011, 02:31:52 PM »
To me, the rock climbing wall looked like the one from TARA 1, in Krabi.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2011, 10:58:39 AM »
PHUKET LOVE <3

This has been discussed elsewhere, but Phil has been quoted as saying that the location for one leg this season had to be changed on the fly at the last minute. Apparently some natural disaster or civil unrest made a planned location unsafe. Speculation here on the board was that possibly it was due to rioting in Nepal around the time of the legs in Indonesia and good old comfortable and reliable Phuket was the last minute substitution. Certainly they are very familiar with Phuket and have contacts there, as well as previously planned tasks that could be set up on short notice. However, this is all speculative and we don't know for sure. I'm writing this from memory and I may have a detail or two wrong. There was one or two other possibilities for the changed leg as well.

Yes. We know that the change was made on or before June 23.

BOTH Thailand legs were apparently  substitutes, and last minute changes.

We believe that Nepal was planned, but due to weather and some other issues, had to be changed last minute...

Just adding this here to clarify why Phuket again...but further discussion on this should please go to spec on spoilers, okay?
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2011, 12:12:10 PM »
Press Release:

TEAMS TRAVEL TO PHUKET, THAILAND WHERE THEY SWIM TO THE OCEAN FLOOR AND CLIMB TO NEW HEIGHTS, ON “THE AMAZING RACE” SUNDAY, OCT. 16

After Thailand was devastated by the deadliest tsunami on record, teams give back during challenges

“This is Gonna be a Fine Mess” (Phuket, Thailand) – Teams struggle with an underwater challenge which threatens their positions in the game, and one team’s love for the outdoors comes in handy during a tough climbing challenge, on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, Oct. 16 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.  Emmy Award nominee Phil Keoghan is the host.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2011, 05:25:52 PM »
^^Be sure to keep checking the first post of the thread for all the press/media releases, and the second post for new videos. :tup:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2011, 05:35:57 PM »
Seeing as Bill and Cathi have spoken of their outdoors experience, I'm going to take the oppertunity and believe that the second sentence in the press release refers to them...
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2011, 05:39:24 PM »
New PREVIEW!

Will try to get it up for all of you later on...

Meanwhile:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iKSTo1UYZt0?version=3&amp;amp;hl" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iKSTo1UYZt0?version=3&amp;amp;hl</a>

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2011, 05:59:53 PM »
Wow, looks like they have to put together some kind of structure underwater? Or do they assemble it on the beach and then take it underwater?

I noticed all the T-joints on top of the frame, what do they seem to be putting in them here?

The title bar thing is a lifejacket strap :lol:
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 06:55:17 PM by Prophet »

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2011, 06:08:46 PM »
Umbrella Detour:

Marcus and Amani, Liz and Marie, Ernie and Cindy

Underwater Detour:

Andy and Tommy, Justin and Jennifer, Marcus and Amani (switch?)

Roadblock: (I think this is first b/c Marcus isn't wet in the boat)

Tommy, Bill, Marcus
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 06:16:27 PM by Prophet »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2011, 06:21:11 PM »
The new promo is up in post 2. ;)
RFF's Golden Rule: