Author Topic: Clue boxes!  (Read 29474 times)

Offline Katarzyna

• RFF Full Member
  • Sashay away!
Re: Clue boxes!
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2011, 02:38:32 AM »
I kinda like it. And maybe it could be part of the final memory challenge. I would love to see more dramatic and flamboyant "clue boxes" in the upcoming legs. Maybe in Thailand, the elephant will hand it to them.
Oh Brian, I can't wait til after dinner. Cos then we'll go home and you can watch me have my period.

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2011, 03:24:38 AM »
i love how they put the speed bump/hazard clue on the sign

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2011, 07:02:48 AM »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hmmmmmmmm. Anyone wanna bet that this won't be part of the last memory challenge? :neener:

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2011, 09:04:01 AM »
I was planning to do the same thing as you Joab :lol:

Here is another picture of the box before it was opened.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2011, 09:06:16 AM »
Every time I see another one of these different clue boxes, I believe that there will be a memory challenge involving them.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline realshowfan

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Frantic Fanfic Fanatic!
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2011, 09:09:02 AM »
Love it! If only there was some explanation on these things. I'm really looking forward to the rest of them clue 'containers' though, especially those out of my home continent! =D
This summer ※ The Amazing Race: ZBC // RSF
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,31363.0.html

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2011, 09:14:33 AM »
My theory is that they will be asked as the finally memory task to match the maps of each country that they have on their route info with the "clueboxes" and place them in order per leg.
Unless of course I'm imagining too devious things and these "clueboxes" are nothing more than a tribute to TAR 1 where they used similar items.

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2011, 09:32:18 AM »
My theory is that they will be asked as the finally memory task to match the maps of each country that they have on their route info with the "clueboxes" and place them in order per leg.
Unless of course I'm imagining too devious things and these "clueboxes" are nothing more than a tribute to TAR 1 where they used similar items.

I agree, all the signs point towards this. The country outlines would be easy to match up to the country names, and the clueboxes would be pretty easy to match up with the legs and therefore countries. But matching the two will certainly be a devious challenge! (Not for us obviously, but for the teams!)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2011, 09:41:25 AM »
Or an easier task... photos of all the "special clueboxes" will be shown to them.. and they will have to choose them from a series of photos (fake ones involved) and then arrange them according to the legs in which they have appeared.

The 3 which I've shown are just too obvious. I haven't spot any others... are there anymore? On Leg 1's dragonboat task... they retrieved a clue from a man's pocket/sling pouch... don't know if that counted. But the rest definitely weren't "special"

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2011, 10:10:49 AM »
This is the one you are talking about Joab. The drummer at the dragon boats

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2011, 04:48:56 AM »
Yep! I like the interesting ways they're retrieving their clues man! But harder for people to spot TAR now... no conventional clueboxes!! :groan:

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2011, 06:03:02 AM »
I wonder why our dragon boat spotter saw them putting out a cluebox the day before shooting?

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2011, 07:05:46 AM »
I really LOVED the original clue-boxes. Just because each time I go on a trip or go to cities when TAR is being filmed, my target is to find one of thos green boxes. I just love them. I'm somehow obsessed.

This means its end, and I do not like the change at all. I just hope this is a final memory challenge-thing instead of the death of the clueboxes...

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2011, 08:54:21 AM »
I wonder why our dragon boat spotter saw them putting out a cluebox the day before shooting?

First 2 were taken during set up; maybe they were still deciding?

Clue in action

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2011, 09:45:05 AM »
Yep! I like the interesting ways they're retrieving their clues man! But harder for people to spot TAR now... no conventional clueboxes!! :groan:

I don't think the unusual clueboxes are a response to TAR spotting. The clueboxes are kept covered up unless a team is in the near vicinity, so that's not their concern, I think.

Besides, the frantic Americans with a cameraman and sound guy are much easier to identify than a green box.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #40 on: October 11, 2011, 12:33:20 PM »

I don't think the unusual clueboxes are a response to TAR spotting. The clueboxes are kept covered up unless a team is in the near vicinity, so that's not their concern, I think.

Besides, the frantic Americans with a cameraman and sound guy are much easier to identify than a green box.

I know... I'm just saying one lesser means of really confirming a location. There used to be places/locations with clueboxes and we definitely know those places were visited. :(

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #41 on: October 11, 2011, 05:22:40 PM »
Clueboxes are never put out more than 30 min or so before a team arrives to prevent sightings or interference, so a cluebox sighting is usually just pure luck.

Production is informed that teams are on the way...clue box is put out or uncovered, clues are inserted.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2011, 09:26:20 PM »

:lol:

TAR's much more fun each week for the spotting of these clues!!!!!! :neener:

Not really a "cluebox" but this is counted as a clue!

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2011, 09:27:58 PM »
The first clue was on something different as usual. It was a sort of metal barrel.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2011, 09:57:34 PM »
The first clue was on something different as usual. It was a sort of metal barrel.

Oh yea. I was about to take a photo of that too! LOL!... coming up!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2011, 09:59:57 PM »
I don't know.. this just doesn't seem as special.. but I guess it's counted.. lol!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #46 on: October 16, 2011, 11:36:03 PM »
The Bird's Nest "clue box" may just be my most favorite one EVER!!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2011, 03:34:29 PM »
It's going to be interesting how this play out in the finale final challenge. <3

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #48 on: October 19, 2011, 02:59:31 AM »
I really LOVED the original clue-boxes. Just because each time I go on a trip or go to cities when TAR is being filmed, my target is to find one of thos green boxes.

the boxes red and yellow

It's going to be interesting how this play out in the finale final challenge. <3

agreed

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #49 on: October 19, 2011, 03:15:14 AM »
I really LOVED the original clue-boxes. Just because each time I go on a trip or go to cities when TAR is being filmed, my target is to find one of thos green boxes.

the boxes red and yellow

Technically, the boxes ARE green. Then, they have an attached yellow and red flag, but the box itself is green. :)