Author Topic: EP 2 East Coast SHOW updates and commentary **please read the rules**  (Read 50402 times)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Re: EP 2 East Coast SHOW updates and commentary **please read the rules**
« Reply #150 on: October 03, 2011, 08:21:05 AM »
HMMMMMMMM. I remembered! It was from some sort of a standee compartment!!!

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #151 on: October 03, 2011, 08:23:52 AM »
What a coincidence :lol:
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #152 on: October 03, 2011, 08:35:47 AM »
Why... why isn't anybody complaining about the really ridiculous Speedbump which Bill and Cathi has to do. This beat the noodle making one the poker girls had to do because it was ridiculously pointless and took like less than 5 minutes? WTF.

I mean, why bother to put a Speedbump to "scare" the team who come in last if recent Speedbumps has been this easy. I know I've once complained that a Speedbump should be a task which does not require travelling (waste time).. but at least 15 to 30 minutes to complete considering how fast the team will take to complete the task.

The one in TAR 13 (Ken and Tina delivering water to people on the streets of India, Christie and Jodi painting the elephant in India, Kent and Vyxsin's yoga (IN INDIA TOO?)... really wasted too much time just on travelling alone.. although the task was really easy and AT LEAST was interesting and had some links to the culture and tradition of the country.

Can anyone please tell me, recent speedbumps like the one Gallory had to do last season as well as this rope speedbump... what's the point?? It's just pointless! :duno:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #153 on: October 03, 2011, 08:37:49 AM »
It does seem as though they never try to create a hard Speed Bump, but IMO, Gallory's Speed Bump would have been harder for other, Gary-less teams. :) He made everything look easy. :js:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #154 on: October 03, 2011, 09:10:01 AM »
It does seem as though they never try to create a hard Speed Bump, but IMO, Gallory's Speed Bump would have been harder for other, Gary-less teams. :) He made everything look easy. :js:

I think Mallory solved it? I don't know... I would have appreciated it if the Speedbump was actually something like repairing a motorbike or what at the other Detour or maybe buying food/clothings and delivering to the orphanage. Would have made so much sense.

This is the first time TAR visited an Orphanage and I felt it was pointless and completely underrated. It should have been the highlight of the episode?????????????

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #155 on: October 03, 2011, 09:46:00 AM »
We just finished watching the eppy with roommates, and uhm..... yeah. It was "chill" (which is one level above 'lame'). It was very weird for me. Not so amazing? I think so.

Or maybe Unfinished Business has upped the bar (and BTW, we were watching it in marathon during this week, so the comparisons spark).

I really really hope next leg's gonna be AMAZING. And by the looks of the teaser, yeah, I'm sure (and I hope) it is. :tup:

And oh! I think I have an idea of what the final task is. :snicker: :lol: Its about maps and 'clueboxes'. :lol: (I'll post my specs on the spec thread).
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #156 on: October 03, 2011, 11:07:19 AM »
If Bill & Cathi would have read the sign, they would have made a comeback that only Derek & Drew have done.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #157 on: October 03, 2011, 11:21:37 AM »
I missed this leg so I had to rely on Wikipedia and I AM IN TOTAL SHOCK! KAYLANI AND LISA ARE TEAM NUMBER 3!!! OH MY GAWD!!! Sorry, just got quite excited there.  :)

I'm with you on this one. The results were really surprising though having seen the ending, I kind of see how it happened.

The TAR gods hate me this season so far for some reason. I missed all but the last 15 minutes last week because I was traveling and out for dinner while the show started. This week, I was at home and watched the end of 60 Minutes. The very moment it ended, Directv's network channels feed crashed and there was no TAR for me until it returned in time for the last 15 minutes.  :groan:  :didimiss:

I watched last week's show online and I guess I'll have to do it again this week. This stinks. Anybody have any ideas about how to appease the TAR gods?  :duno:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #158 on: October 03, 2011, 11:22:59 AM »
If Bill & Cathi would have read the sign, they would have made a comeback that only Derek & Drew have done.

Jet and Cord did in TAR 16. :)

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #159 on: October 03, 2011, 11:23:53 AM »
Bill and Cathi - SPEEDBUMP!

WTF? Their Speedbump is to untangle rope? THAT IS STUPID. WTF.
SpeedBumps have no purpose except to use an approximate amount of time. I am going to guess it took Bill/Cathi about 10 to 15 minutes to untangle enough rope to string it to that tree.

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #160 on: October 03, 2011, 01:17:29 PM »
Until Leg 2
No classic clue box can be seen OMG :ascared
Pure spec: Final Task?
very interesting and very possible.

Offline serendipity

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #161 on: October 03, 2011, 01:58:59 PM »
Until Leg 2
No classic clue box can be seen OMG :ascared
Pure spec: Final Task?

I think the last task would involve reading maps, as you may notice from the first clue this leg there is a map of Indonesia printed on it... I would assume the coming leg would be the same... just like what happened in TAR9

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #162 on: October 03, 2011, 05:42:04 PM »

I should have worded it better. No other team has made as big of a climb as Derek & Drew- 11th to 1st.

This is a bit of a side note. All through the first episode was thinking Ethan & Jenna had a Hope & Norm vibe going on. It turns out they both have the same average placing.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 06:05:02 PM by Best Loser »

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #163 on: October 04, 2011, 12:41:20 AM »
That was one hair-raising leg indeed. At the beginning, it all seemed too quick as the Roadblock was immediately followed by the Detour. At the end, I realised that they were focusing more on the mistakes almost all the teams made skipping the sign at the orphanage. I was surprised that only three teams saw the sign! Moral of the story - be very aware of your surroundings, always!

I wasn't too happy that Andy and Tommy won the leg, but they did deserve it. They raced a very good leg, starting near the back of the pack, moved up to the middle, and came in first because they did not make a mistake while everyone in front of them did. So kudos to them.

I'm very impressed by Bill and Cathi, Liz and Marie, and Kaylani and Lisa this leg. Who'd expect Bill and Cathi to do so well after coming in last the previous leg? If not for their negligence at the orphanage... Wow! Who'd expect Liz and Marie to initially be the top three teams as well after all that cluelessness last leg? And who'd expect Kaylani and Lisa to fumble at the last leg, yet were one of the three teams who did not make a mistake? It was such an amazing moment when they checked in at 10th place but became 3rd. Wow!

I didn't really care that Ron and Bill were gone. I did expect them to make it a LITTLE further though. I was sad to see Ethan and Jenna go. I haven't seen them on Survivor, so I was looking forward to watching them race. I guess the other teams would be surprised as well. After all, they were deemed the strong guys.

Right now, I feel that the teams who'll make it to the Final 5 are Ernie and Cindy, Andy and Tommy, and Justin and Jennifer. Just a gut feeling!
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #164 on: October 04, 2011, 01:56:48 AM »
Why... why isn't anybody complaining about the really ridiculous Speedbump which Bill and Cathi has to do. This beat the noodle making one the poker girls had to do because it was ridiculously pointless and took like less than 5 minutes? WTF.

I mean, why bother to put a Speedbump to "scare" the team who come in last if recent Speedbumps has been this easy. I know I've once complained that a Speedbump should be a task which does not require travelling (waste time).. but at least 15 to 30 minutes to complete considering how fast the team will take to complete the task.

The one in TAR 13 (Ken and Tina delivering water to people on the streets of India, Christie and Jodi painting the elephant in India, Kent and Vyxsin's yoga (IN INDIA TOO?)... really wasted too much time just on travelling alone.. although the task was really easy and AT LEAST was interesting and had some links to the culture and tradition of the country.

Can anyone please tell me, recent speedbumps like the one Gallory had to do last season as well as this rope speedbump... what's the point?? It's just pointless! :duno:

It isn't easy. It takes about 10-15 minutes to do it properly, and I speak from experience in the army. Last season's speed bump was easy only because Gary is good at Maths (imagine say Jeff & Jordan doing it  :lol3:)

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #165 on: October 04, 2011, 06:53:39 AM »
I don't feel the need to complain about the speedbump but I do want to complain about wasting precious air time for a pointless argument between Justin and Jennifer when they could have used that time to show us an extra task, that we only learned about from interviews.

Offline kenchan

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #166 on: October 04, 2011, 09:14:25 AM »
In hindsight, since the 15,000/30,000 Rupiah donated to the orphanage is worth only about US$1.70/$3.40, perhaps the racers should have been more suspicious about this task.  I wonder if the racers were given an extra generous amount of money at the start of this leg of the race so they'd have more in their pockets when they got to Indonesia.

Sorry if I missed this, but I wonder how much money was donated in total. I think at the start of the leg, didn't they each get like $137 or something? Say all 11 teams had donated $100 (including the amount gathered during the detour) - that's over $1000 US.  How much is that worth in Yogyakarta based on their avg cost of living?  That's not bad. 

Amazing Race Charity.  Makes my heart smile.
「超たのしい~!♪」
-Tyler McNiven riding a fold-up bike in the night streets of Tokyo, TAR9

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #167 on: October 04, 2011, 09:26:04 AM »
I don't feel the need to complain about the speedbump but I do want to complain about wasting precious air time for a pointless argument between Justin and Jennifer when they could have used that time to show us an extra task, that we only learned about from interviews.

Unless there is a method to their madness.....  and we need to see this for some reason.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #168 on: October 04, 2011, 12:03:32 PM »
Once Phil informed teams that they had to return to the orphanage, why didn't any of the teams drop their backpacks with Phil before retracing their steps? :duno:

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #169 on: October 04, 2011, 12:11:10 PM »
Nevermind! :D
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 01:52:44 PM by Dom El »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #170 on: October 04, 2011, 01:18:58 PM »
Once Phil informed teams that they had to return to the orphanage, why didn't any of the teams drop their backpacks with Phil before retracing their steps? :duno:

The photos we posted from that day show huge crowds and tour groups moving thru there...I think if they were dropped, that would have been the last time they were seen.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #171 on: October 04, 2011, 01:19:25 PM »
Oh I almost forgot, did anyone else notice the imposter doing Phil's voiceover at one point?! Phil must have had a cold one day..

Really? Can you give a time stamp please?
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #172 on: October 04, 2011, 01:30:37 PM »
Oh I almost forgot, did anyone else notice the imposter doing Phil's voiceover at one point?! Phil must have had a cold one day..

Really? Can you give a time stamp please?

Well I didn't watch it in the US so I can't give you the exact time, but it was just after Phil introduces the Martyr's Shrine.

The more I listen to it, the more I think it is actually Phil. But it sounds very strange! 'Ernie and Cindy who were the first to arrive...' and then after 'Teams must now fly...'

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #173 on: October 04, 2011, 03:43:31 PM »

I should have worded it better. No other team has made as big of a climb as Derek & Drew- 11th to 1st.

This is a bit of a side note. All through the first episode was thinking Ethan & Jenna had a Hope & Norm vibe going on. It turns out they both have the same average placing.

You are entitled to your opinion, but they and Ron/Bill were subject to unshown but revealed now that they are out information on how the poor taxi drivers usually reserved for the final leg ended up with them. Ethan/Jenna had the capability to do far better in AR19, but they were tragically unlucky.

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #174 on: October 04, 2011, 04:56:50 PM »

You are entitled to your opinion, but they and Ron/Bill were subject to unshown but revealed now that they are out information on how the poor taxi drivers usually reserved for the final leg ended up with them. Ethan/Jenna had the capability to do far better in AR19, but they were tragically unlucky.

Oh, I don't disagree with you there. I was just comparing the two teams in amount of screentime and overall personality.