Archive > The Amazing Race 20 Spoilers

TAR 20 Pre-Race Speculation

(1/28) > >>

amazing race fan:
The start is probably about 5 or 6 weeks away. I found out when all the late fall/early winter seasons started filming, and this is what I came up with.

Season 2: 1/7-2/3
Season 4:1/18-2/14
Season 5: 1/30-2/27
Season 7: 11/20-12/19
Season 9: 11/7-12/3
Season 11: 11/20-12/17
Season 14: 10/31-11/21
Season 16: 11/28-12/20
Season 18: 11/20-12-12

Season 14 started on the last day of October, so we could be about a month away from the start of filming, but most likely we are about 6 weeks away from the start. Anyway, use this thread for speculation.

NO WISHLISTS PLEASE!--peach

amazing race fan:

--- Quote from: Leafsfan on September 29, 2011, 10:40:55 PM ---Just feels like the racers were in Taiwan yesterday.

--- End quote ---

It does, but the new season will be starting in about 6 weeks.

Africa: 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 10, 11, 12, 16, 17, 19
South America: 2, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 16, 18
Australia: 2, 4, 5, 9, 13, 18
China: 1, 2, 6, 10, 11, 14, 16, 17, 18
India: 1, 4, 5, 7, 10, 12, 13, 14, 18

That is a chart of what countries and continents were visited during what seasons. It seems like we won't see Africa as it has been visited 3 out of the last 4 seasons, so it probably is due for a break from the race. I assume we will see South America featured in this race because it only got 1 leg in 18. I highly doubt we will see Australia, but its a small possibility. China and India have both been visited 9 out of the 19 times, so they pretty much get visited every other race. That would make both of them due to be visited on this race, and we will probably at least see one of them. Maybe we will see Canada revisited or a Latin American or Caribbean country.

amazing race fan:

--- Quote from: Leafsfan on October 01, 2011, 07:36:23 PM ---Canada!   :yess:

--- End quote ---

Canada is definitely overdue.

Dom:
I reckon a visit to New Zealand might be in order. It hasn't been done since S13 and after the devastating earthquake in Christchurch, Phil himself sent out an appeal that the best thing you can do to help is to keep visiting New Zealand, as the tourism revenue helps greatly with the cleanup.

As an executive producer now, I'd imagine he has some leverage in deciding locations, and this seems like as important a time as any to go back to NZ.

As for Canada, it was only visited in S5 and S8, but never with a pitstop. And Mexico was only visited in S3. Is there a reason production avoids these countries? I can only guess that it would seem 'too close to home' to most viewers and not exotic enough to draw viewers so I wouldn't hold my breath.

Also long overdue are the northern countries of South America, most of which are perfectly safe. Turkey, which is one of the largest countries in the world, but most people still just assume its Istanbul and not much else. Other safe countries in the Middle-East such as Qatar or Israel need a visit, at least just to show that the Middle-East is more than either oil-fuelled majesty and terror-ridden states.

Apologies if this sounds like a wishlist post. Just my two cents on what places are long overdue and I expect to see visited in the next few cycles!

Charlie90:
Well, i don't know about the other countries but i think they're avoiding México because of the Drug Cartel War going on right now. It's kinda dangerous for them, which it's a shame since i live in Mexico and i can assure you, it has beautiful and breathtaking sceneries yet to be showcased.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version