Author Topic: TAR 19 EP 3 "Don't Lay Down On Me Now" (Indonesia)  (Read 50908 times)

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 19 EP 3 "Don't Lay Down On Me Now" (Indonesia)
« Reply #75 on: October 08, 2011, 10:11:24 AM »
EPISODE 3
Yogyakarta, Indonesia  to   Borobudur, Indonesia

Film Date: June 23, 2001
Air Date: Sunday, October 9th, 2011

ROUTE INFO: Wear uniforms and bicycle your way to get a clue.

DETOUR:

Detour A. Deliver two bags of grass and a lamb

Detour B. Plant some rice

ROUTE INFO:

ROADBLOCK: Count how many Buddha statues.

PITSTOP:
"It's not over until it's over!"
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 10:39:44 AM by banzai »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #76 on: October 08, 2011, 02:56:43 PM »
Caps from the new racepromo clip (video in post 2). These are are a few that are new or a little different from the promo caps:

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #77 on: October 08, 2011, 11:22:19 PM »
Who is sitting down here...and why?? This is a detour....not a RB

Armani? Jennifer??
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #78 on: October 08, 2011, 11:51:35 PM »
Who is sitting down here...and why?? This is a detour....not a RB

Armani? Jennifer??

It's definitely not Amani because she is wearing an orange blouse.

Peach why are you keep writing Armani and not Amani? Are you dreaming of going shopping for some Armani clothes? I'll be in Italy next week do you me to buy you anything from Armani? :lol:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #79 on: October 09, 2011, 12:19:02 AM »

Peach why are you keep writing Armani and not Amani? Are you dreaming of going shopping for some Armani clothes? I'll be in Italy next week do you me to buy you anything from Armani? :lol:

Yes please!!  AND:

:spell

:-[ :-[ :-[
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #80 on: October 09, 2011, 12:34:22 AM »
The first 4 posts have been updated with new vids, updated TIMELINE, and new SAFE vs AT RISK info, and Maps.

:tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup:

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Marklouiekpopsuju13

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #81 on: October 09, 2011, 04:23:12 AM »
I don't see Zac and Laurence in previews
there a post that one team had emergency situation (I don't know what it is)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #82 on: October 09, 2011, 08:00:29 AM »
No emergencies that I am aware of...

And NEW PIP up in post 2 has M/A, L/Z!!!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #83 on: October 09, 2011, 08:26:40 AM »
PIP caps!! (Sorry for the poor quality, this one was hard to do...)

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #84 on: October 09, 2011, 06:39:37 PM »
Since live show episode thread isn't open yet, revised start time on the CBS east coast feed is 8:35 p.m. ET.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #85 on: October 09, 2011, 08:49:36 PM »
I liked this leg a lot. I love how the third leg usually really gets into the season with full confessionals at the beginning and tasks that give you a good feel for the teams. Mental roadblocks <33 And we saw another funny cluebox. One per leg. (So, I guess teams packs and stuff were ferried to the palace during the bikes task?)

I like the two male teams a lot, Andy and Tommy seem to be the strongest team right now. They have the classic TAR balance of easy going fun loving and attention to detail. They remind me of several winning teams.
I would think that Andy and Tommy, Ernie and Cindy, and Laurence and Zac would make the final right now. But I wouldn't be surprised if one of those was wrong.

Spec: Liz and Marie go next.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 09:03:56 PM by Prophet »
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Obbyz

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #86 on: October 09, 2011, 09:59:33 PM »
The greeter for this leg is Sekar Sari, Miss Jogja 2009.

Offline Katarzyna

• RFF Full Member
  • Sashay away!
« Reply #87 on: October 10, 2011, 12:08:14 AM »
I love the prizes for each leg in this season. Ireland, then now Dubai. Is it me or they changed it from the typical Belize, Carribean cruises and stuffs. The current prizes are better.
Oh Brian, I can't wait til after dinner. Cos then we'll go home and you can watch me have my period.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #88 on: October 10, 2011, 01:30:39 AM »
Prophet, I'm in agreement with you. Andy/Tommy and Laurence/Zac do seem to be the strong balanced teams with the right skill set for TAR. Ernie/Cindy may have some competition for the third spot from what we've seen so far. This was an enjoyable and interesting leg with a good combination of physical and mental challenges.
-- theschnauzers

Offline SFSciolist

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #89 on: October 10, 2011, 02:42:24 AM »
Two thoughts:

1. At different points, the bags of grass carried by Sandy and by Kathy appeared to be less than 3/4 full.  I'm thinking that more teams were sent back to refill their bags than were shown.

2. I'm pretty angry that the clues at the Borobudur Temple did not include the instruction that the racers are NOT to touch the buddhas.  Instead, we see Ernie putting his hands on the buddhas while counting them while Marcus is resting his rear end against them, both violations of the rules at this UNESCO World Heritage Site.  The site has survived 1,200 years so far, mainly because it has been covered up by the jungle for hundreds of years.  Unfortunately, TAR has now contributed to its destruction.

Offline BayBay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #90 on: October 10, 2011, 06:46:24 AM »
Did anyone else notice this watching it the first time around??

Someone hasn't adjusted their watch since leaving the US  :lol:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #91 on: October 10, 2011, 06:47:51 AM »
Mswood, I hope you get what I mean when I wanted Bill/Cathi or Liz/Marie to win the leg last leg. The snowboarders and sufer and dad are capable to run the leg and remain at the front of the pack without any problems.

Andy and Tommy ran a really good leg. Kudos to them!

This leg was a good combination of physical and mental tasks. Nail biting from start till the end especially when they had no bunching.

It pains me to see another all-female team fall to the 9th place curse. How many all-female teams were eliminated in 9th place? Can someone do a count? :(

And it sucks that Kaylani and Lisa were eliminated because of something so minor such as keeping their cabs. So now potential racers who wants to go on the race please learn something, it's not always good to keep your cabs. :groan:

I really like this season's teams! There's no team that I want to see eliminated right now and I absolutely am heartbroken when I see Kaylani and Lisa got eliminated. And I wasn't even rooting for them. It's just that it sucks to go out the way they did and they did run a clean leg. I guess Jeremy and Sandy and Amani and Marcus (especially them) got really lucky.

Really really great leg. I enjoyed every bit thoroughly. But it's really saddening to watch at the same time. I am still puzzled by the fact that sufer and dad and jeremy and sandy have little screentime. All the other teams have their fair share of screentime!

It's also heartwarming to watch teams work together. I mean, last season we saw how teams work together between the Allstars, but this time round, we see all of them temporarily forgot about competing against one another and helped each other complete the tasks. I think this season could be one of my favourite, based on just 3 episodes so far. All the teams areeeee <3333333.

I hate to say this.. but isn't this far too obvious?

Offline inomu

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #92 on: October 10, 2011, 07:02:01 AM »
Two thoughts:

1. At different points, the bags of grass carried by Sandy and by Kathy appeared to be less than 3/4 full.  I'm thinking that more teams were sent back to refill their bags than were shown.

2. I'm pretty angry that the clues at the Borobudur Temple did not include the instruction that the racers are NOT to touch the buddhas.  Instead, we see Ernie putting his hands on the buddhas while counting them while Marcus is resting his rear end against them, both violations of the rules at this UNESCO World Heritage Site.  The site has survived 1,200 years so far, mainly because it has been covered up by the jungle for hundreds of years.  Unfortunately, TAR has now contributed to its destruction.

Thank you! I was thinking these 2 things too! If something makes me mad, it's when I see people not respecting the cultural heritage of this world (:;)

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #93 on: October 10, 2011, 07:03:31 AM »
I hate to say this.. but isn't this far too obvious?

I know...another non cluebox!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #94 on: October 10, 2011, 07:10:25 AM »
Prophet, it's not just non-cluebox. There's literally no clueboxes or whatsoever throughout the race so far. It's specific items that marked a certain "cluebox".

Take a look at what I posted on the other thread. One on each leg, so far. :lol:

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #95 on: October 10, 2011, 08:56:46 AM »
I don't like how Phil has deviated so far from the 'standard TAR speak' in this season. In this episode, he tells Laurence & Zac that they are 'Team Number One', not 'the first team to arrive'. I don't recall Phil ever telling a team that they are 'Team Number X' before applying any penalties.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #96 on: October 10, 2011, 08:57:28 AM »
I don't like how Phil has deviated so far from the 'standard TAR speak' in this season. In this episode, he tells Laurence & Zac that they are 'Team Number One', not 'the first team to arrive'. I don't recall Phil ever telling a team that they are 'Team Number X' before applying any penalties.

I know, I found that very odd as well. He also changed his previous Pit Stop speech. Instead of "this was the second Pitstop in a race around the world" it was something like "Here teams will begin the third leg of a race around the world"
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 09:11:00 AM by Prophet »

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #97 on: October 10, 2011, 09:37:00 AM »
He is doing an Allan.

Next episode he will probably say... "This is the third pit-stop... in a race around the world" (high-pitch fake excited voice + open arms wide) :lol:

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #98 on: October 10, 2011, 09:39:56 AM »
He is doing an Allan.

Next episode he will probably say... "This is the third pit-stop... in a race around the world" (high-pitch fake excited voice + open arms wide) :lol:

:lol: I wasn't impressed with the "You are team number one" for Lawrence/Zac because of the confusion it may raise, but I actually liked that he's changing the script for the non-race portions of the show...

Offline WalterC

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #99 on: October 10, 2011, 10:59:58 AM »
And it sucks that Kaylani and Lisa were eliminated because of something so minor such as keeping their cabs. So now potential racers who wants to go on the race please learn something, it's not always good to keep your cabs. :groan:

Yeah, it's interesting that it came down to cabs for a few teams, but in a different way. And it ended making a world of difference for Amani & Marcus, who I thought would be definitely gone.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 11:04:58 AM by WalterC »