Author Topic: TAR: Latin America SHOW Discussion! Leg 1 starts p.1  (Read 48038 times)

Offline Charlie90

• RFF Full Member
Re: TAR: Latin America SHOW Discussion! Leg 1 starts p.1
« Reply #125 on: December 10, 2011, 11:45:58 PM »
At least 3 more countries would've make it so much better. After all, one of the main attractions of TAR is the different countries they visit on a season. I didn't mind Argentina this time, only because of El Calafate. I really liked the starting line (It make me hope to visit it someday).

I agree that instead of the other two legs in Argentina they could have make those in Paraguay or Uruguay first and then Paraguay. A visit to El Salvador, Venezuela, Honduras or Panama, to fill the other two countries. And i'm still waiting for the original version of TAR or this version to pay a visit to Suriname..That would be awesome, because it would be great to know more about that country (or Guyana, for that matter), only because those are places you don't hear a lot about. I mean they are in America and i'm pretty sure a lot of people doesn't know about it.

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #126 on: December 11, 2011, 12:04:52 AM »
El Salvador would have been AMAZING. The Dutch version of The Mole is still running, and spent their season this year in El Salvador and Nicaragua. I have watched every episode of every version of TAR, and I have never seen anywhere as stunningly beautiful as El Salvador.

Offline Charlie90

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #127 on: December 11, 2011, 12:28:08 AM »
I've never been to El Salvador...actually i've never been to another country that other than Mexico(My home country) or USA.  :cmas19 , but i bet it's beautiful just as the rest of Latin america. Let's pray for Space channel to send a team to scout the places and put together a great route. There are still a lot of countries left to visit in TarLa.

And yeah, let's give Argentina and Brazil a rest for next season. They're becoming our China and India, altough to a lesser extent.   :cmaslol

Offline maxen

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #128 on: December 11, 2011, 07:45:06 AM »
We discussed this alot when we found out they were visiting only 5 countries at the same time they were filming this season. I still have my little theory about this. After Space took the show instead Discovery i assume the scenario for the sponsors was not the same. Obviusly Space has not the same audience, literally was an unknown channel for most of the fans. I think Disney didn't want to continue running the show alone after the disaster of the second season, that's why they did this agreement with Turner for 3 years. Then the show was assigned to Space with the cost of losing all the sponsors. I think this season in particular was some kind of experiment to to attract again new sponsors, maybe not as big as the ones in the first and second season but enough to keep the show for a new season.
In this experement they were really safe with the countries so obviusly Argentina was going to be part of the route (the central offices of Space are in Buenos Aires), then they went to near places like Uruguay and Chile with even three legs in Argentina and Chile (and now Brazil). In these  other four countries they found safe places to make a low budge production  with a lot of help from local producers and the goverments (tourism offices). I hope the next season we'll see a production with a bigger budget and at least two more countries like Paraguay, maybe Venezuela again or some caribean islands.
I think this season had a lot of positive points to make it a better season than the second one (better casting and better editing), but now they have to think how to make this as good as the first one. Argentina and Brazil are waaayyy overused, i'm glad they gave a rest to Colombia and Mexico. We need another visit to Peru and Venezuela, maybe southern Chile or Easter Island (let me dream). Nicaragua and El Salvador would be really good options for Central America. If they have to go to Argentina again NOT BUENOS AIRES (Bariloche or Ushiaia), and if they have to go to Brazil they could go to Florianopolis or maybe Brazilia.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 07:56:18 AM by maxen »

Offline krabbe

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #129 on: December 12, 2011, 08:11:47 AM »
Finally! A Maxi & Demi win!!  :cmas9

The sashimi/wasabi challenge was a bit contrived though, but it made good entertainment, so...
I love they had the clue in Japanese! That was cool.

Offline GonzaloChileno

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #130 on: December 12, 2011, 09:39:30 AM »
I would love more Caribbean countries, with those beautiful beaches! Also, i want them to visit countries where they don't speak spanish or portuguese (which is similar to spanish), for example: Suriname, Guyana, French Guiana, Belize, and the whole of the Caribbean!

Charla&MirnaLover<3

Offline maxen

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #131 on: December 12, 2011, 11:54:05 AM »
That was a pretty good episode. I liked the tasks and the interaction between the three teams, that was kinda cool. I liked the clue in japanese, that was really unexpected and out of the box. One of my favorite episodes. I hope the next week will as intense as this.

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #132 on: December 12, 2011, 01:30:36 PM »
I'm pretty sure Maxi & Demi have this thing won with the lead they have on the other teams. Second place is a tossup between the Twins and the Doctors because they were swapping placements the entire leg.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #133 on: December 12, 2011, 03:04:51 PM »
I'm pretty sure Maxi & Demi have this thing won with the lead they have on the other teams. Second place is a tossup between the Twins and the Doctors because they were swapping placements the entire leg.

The Twins are the winners.

I explain why.

Warner Channel has always been showing that scenes of the race Making Of. And they show the Twins coming on and harris congratulating them.

Then they showed Demi and Maxi coming up,and Felipe/Alejandro too,but i reckon that they are not in that specific order.

Than,all them hug out and Alejandro or Felipe screams " Hoy Chile paga tudo!"
(Today Chile will pay for all)

And them the twins smile. Big big big big big spoiler...i didn't believe when i sawed.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline maxen

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #134 on: December 12, 2011, 04:11:35 PM »
It's not going to be easy for Demi & Maxi to keep the lead because they literally are 3 or 4 minutes apart from the second and third place.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 04:35:23 PM by maxen »

Offline Charlie90

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #135 on: December 12, 2011, 08:13:09 PM »
If the twins won then i like the outcome. I would also like if Colombia wins, but beggars can't be choosers.

As for next season, i'm expecting new countries, harder tasks, and yes, a conflicting team. I can't believe i'm saying this but we really need some kind of villains to spice things up a little. The cast this season was a little dull.

Offline maxen

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #136 on: December 12, 2011, 08:21:52 PM »
We haven't had any big villain team since Matias & Tamara.

Offline amazinglatinoamericafan

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #137 on: December 12, 2011, 10:41:50 PM »

The Twins are the winners.

I explain why.

Warner Channel has always been showing that scenes of the race Making Of. And they show the Twins coming on and harris congratulating them.

Then they showed Demi and Maxi coming up,and Felipe/Alejandro too,but i reckon that they are not in that specific order.

Than,all them hug out and Alejandro or Felipe screams " Hoy Chile paga tudo!"
(Today Chile will pay for all)

And them the twins smile. Big big big big big spoiler...i didn't believe when i sawed.

where u saw that can u post the video?

Offline krabbe

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #138 on: December 13, 2011, 08:31:31 AM »
I would love more Caribbean countries, with those beautiful beaches! Also, i want them to visit countries where they don't speak spanish or portuguese (which is similar to spanish), for example: Suriname, Guyana, French Guiana, Belize, and the whole of the Caribbean!

Yeah I personally think that going to the non Spanish & Portuguese speaking countries would be awesome!!
Plus I also want them to visit Cuba  :reindeer no hay bloqueo for the Latin American passports so they should be able to visit.
I'm also surprised they don't visit Bolivia more often. It has so many interesting possibilities, the altitude in many cities is challenging, plus it's cheap for production.

Offline maxen

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #139 on: December 17, 2011, 01:39:35 PM »
So tomorrow is the big finale, and these are the records and some information of the final 3 teams.

Demi & Maxi - Cousins

They have won only one leg: 12a (the first half of the last leg)
Their average is 4.3
Worst position at the pit stop: 9th place (with 11 teams) in leg 2.
Never felt from the top 3 since leg 7.

Nicolás & Cristóbal - Twins

Winners of 4 legs: legs 8, 9 (with a Fast Forward), 10 and 11.
Their average is 2.25.
Worst position at the pit stop: 4th place (with 11 teams) in leg 2.
Never felt from the top 3 since leg 3.

Felipe & Alejandro - Friends

Winners of 5 legs: legs 1, 3, 4, 5 and 6.
Their average is 2.25.
Worst position at the pit stop: 5th place (with 7 teams), in leg 7.
Never felt from the top 2 before leg 7.

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #140 on: December 17, 2011, 03:00:22 PM »
I think Maxi & Demi might have some kind of record for most places. They've placed 1st-9th. I'm not in the mood to actually check to make sure.

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #141 on: December 17, 2011, 07:02:52 PM »
look is interesting   

http://youtu.be/C_H_fAguojc

Offline GonzaloChileno

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #142 on: December 17, 2011, 08:11:39 PM »
It is interesting that only Mexican teams (apart from the TOP 3) have been present at the finish line. First it was the Casildas and Guillermo & Gabriel, and now Rick & Kathy.
Charla&MirnaLover<3

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #143 on: December 17, 2011, 11:19:29 PM »
hy someone can post the photos  of the link of the video .some photos are very interested!!

Offline maxen

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #144 on: December 18, 2011, 03:01:01 PM »

LEG SUMMARY

EP13: São Paulo, Brazil. 

Film Date: August 2, 2011.
Air Date: December 18, 2011.

Route / Tasks

ROUTE INFO: Make your way in helicopter to Kartodromo Internacional Granja Viana.
TASK: Karting challenge.

ROUTE INFO: Make your way to Edificio Saint Honoré in Av. Paulista.
ROADBLOCK: Rappel down the exterior of the Edificio Saint Honoré to get the next clue.
Performed by: Felipe, Maxi, Nicolás.

FINISH LINE: Parque da Independência.

WINNERS: Nicolás & Cristóbal
2ND PLACE: Felipe & Alejandro
3RD PLACE: Demi & Maxi

EVIDENCE: 'Making of' video aired on SPACE, WARNER CHANNEL and TNT.

Offline maxen

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #145 on: December 18, 2011, 07:15:25 PM »
well, it's over... in the end every team got a prize  :xmas146

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #146 on: December 18, 2011, 07:22:42 PM »

what the hell

Offline maxen

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #147 on: December 18, 2011, 07:26:10 PM »
Yeah, it was weird...

Nicolas & Cristobal: US$ 250.000
Felipe & Alejandro: a trip to Guatemala
Demi & Maxi: a trip to Disney

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #148 on: December 18, 2011, 07:35:40 PM »
Yeah, it was weird...

Nicolas & Cristobal: US$ 250.000
Felipe & Alejandro: a trip to Guatemala
Demi & Maxi: a trip to Disney

that not tar

Offline GonzaloChileno

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #149 on: December 18, 2011, 07:40:51 PM »

this kind of compensated that they didn't give a prize to the leg winners.  :cmas16
Charla&MirnaLover<3