Author Topic: TAR 19 EP 2 "The Sprint Of Our Life" (Indonesia)  (Read 40077 times)

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
Re: TAR 19 EP 2 "The Sprint Of Our Life" (Indonesia)
« Reply #75 on: October 03, 2011, 02:32:32 PM »
I don't understand why some things are in the previews that are not in the episodes, like that picture and the hotel. :duno:
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #76 on: October 03, 2011, 02:35:07 PM »
We gt that first preview VERY early...maybe they were still doing the final episode cut?

Darn, wish we could have 90 min TAR's!!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #77 on: October 03, 2011, 02:58:35 PM »
If you press the "3D" button on this map you can see what the drive looked like to them:

http://g.co/maps/ct3n5

Offline spolarium

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #78 on: October 03, 2011, 08:11:38 PM »
Guys I need a help when did they say the episode title qoutation on episode 1 and 2 ?? I didnt hear it.. please reply anyone.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #79 on: October 03, 2011, 08:45:07 PM »
No one ever heard the title from episode 1. Episode 2 title was said by Sandy and is "The Sprint of Our Lives" despite inaccurate CBS info.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #80 on: October 03, 2011, 09:46:21 PM »
From an EThan-Jenna interview:

Jenna Morasca: We had a really bad taxi driver, so that's what split the teams up. There was also a challenge that you guys didn't see that actually split the teams up into two groups.

Can you elaborate more on what that challenge entailed?

Jenna Morasca: Out of the train station, we were told to go to this hotel and we had to jump in the cabs and the cabs took us to a hotel. When you got there, you had to grab a key and you were either in the first group or the second group and they were like 20 minutes apart. That's when everyone got their taxi driver that you had to keep the entire leg and that's when, unfortunately, we got into the wrong cab.

http://social.entertainment.msn.com/tv/blogs/reality-tv-blogpost.aspx?post=fcd4341b-da72-4f6b-963b-8eedee29ef25

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #81 on: October 03, 2011, 10:17:53 PM »
Thanks, Peach. Then that would make this...the cab stand outside the Bukit Indah.

Offline spolarium

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #82 on: October 04, 2011, 12:44:39 AM »
That crazy thats one of the things Im anticipating on TAR :duno:  When did sandy says the qoutation...??

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #83 on: October 04, 2011, 12:47:45 AM »
That crazy thats one of the things Im anticipating on TAR :duno:  When did sandy says the qoutation...??

She said it towards the end, as they were leaving Phil to go back to the orphanage. Watch the moment that they go down the stairs that's when she said it.

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #84 on: October 04, 2011, 11:53:39 AM »
Jenna Morasca: Out of the train station, we were told to go to this hotel and we had to jump in the cabs and the cabs took us to a hotel. When you got there, you had to grab a key and you were either in the first group or the second group and they were like 20 minutes apart. That's when everyone got their taxi driver that you had to keep the entire leg and that's when, unfortunately, we got into the wrong cab.

http://social.entertainment.msn.com/tv/blogs/reality-tv-blogpost.aspx?post=fcd4341b-da72-4f6b-963b-8eedee29ef25

So instead of the drama of teams trying to find or change taxis, teams are basically given their own private chauffeur for the day? That's quite disappointing.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 12:09:07 PM by Dom El »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #85 on: October 04, 2011, 01:16:34 PM »
No challenge edited out...just the go to the hotel and get a tag. And we already knew they went there...

The cabbie thing was more of a curse I think. For the teams like E/J and R/B who apparently got an AWFUL cabbie, they could not recover. No chance in the rural locations for getting another.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline SFSciolist

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #86 on: October 09, 2011, 02:37:37 AM »
I'm sad Ethan & Jenna went home, I was expecting a little more from them. imo, Romber even have better co-operation than them.

Although I'm not a fan of couples from other reality shows appearing on TAR, Ethan seems to be one of the most likable individuals in the genre.  At least this episode answered the question posed by people speculating that Ethan might propose to Jenna if they crossed the finish line together.

Offline krabbe

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #87 on: October 09, 2011, 08:11:09 AM »
The only gripe I have about this episode is the misleading edit about Jakarta (or Indonesia). As Dom mentioned, the train with the people on the roof? That was not the outbound train the teams took, or any outbound train for that matter. And do they really need to show a slum as the first shot to introduce Indonesia? Granted it's not a first world country, but it's like the producers are hell bent in portraying Indonesia as India. /end of rant

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #88 on: October 12, 2011, 12:12:29 AM »
The Aisyiyah Orphanage is 1km from the entrance gate of the Kraton. We see Bill's watch at their first arrival at the mat (12.20pm, Vidcap A), and again at their second time at the orphanage (12.35pm, Vidcap B). 15 minutes to the kilometre, sounds about right.

For Amani/Marcus, however, B@M says here that their first arrival at the mat was at 11.48am, but their second arrival (and final check-in time) had Marcus' watch say 12.45pm (Vidcap C). Did they really take a full hour to walk 2km, or were they held up for something else?

Now integrating this with the departure shots for Leg 3... I've shown in the Ep3 thread that the displayed times in the episode were off by two hours, which means that Amani/Marcus actually departed at 10.32am (which jives with Marcus' watch in that scene, Vidcap D). Adding everything together, the Leg 2 Pit Stop was, give or take a few minutes, 21h50min long.

Edited to remove blabber about times, directions and shadows, the route teams took wasn't a straight one...
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 03:21:09 AM by Neobie »