Author Topic: TAR 19 EP 2 "The Sprint Of Our Life" (Indonesia)  (Read 40078 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 19 EP 2 "The Sprint Of Our Life" (Indonesia)
« Reply #50 on: October 01, 2011, 11:14:05 PM »
If you are in Yogya now...could you try to find the STIKES? Some sort of hospital or children's home perhaps and sort out exactly what it is?? ???

And how far from Kraton? I think about 10 min run but am not sure...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #51 on: October 02, 2011, 12:14:38 AM »
These are from the Ep1 preview2 promo (all vids live in post 2)

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #52 on: October 02, 2011, 12:42:38 AM »
So...doing the Roadblock we have:

Ethan, Cindy, Bill, Liz (again?) and who else so far??
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #53 on: October 02, 2011, 12:57:16 AM »
So...doing the Roadblock we have:

Ethan, Cindy, Bill, Liz (again?) and who else so far??

Marcus from the press release photos.
As for Liz, I think that's Marie in picture 2 because she is wearing a red watch.
Is the man next to her in the same picture Laurence with the black shirt or just an instructor?

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #54 on: October 02, 2011, 11:51:57 AM »
If you are in Yogya now...could you try to find the STIKES? Some sort of hospital or children's home perhaps and sort out exactly what it is?? ???

And how far from Kraton? I think about 10 min run but am not sure...

Unfortunately I was taken ill for the rest of my time in Jogja.. I spent the last two days cooped up in a hostel, and unforgivably missed out on Borobudur.. I only hope I get to come back again one day!

(nvm, see below)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 12:29:39 PM by Dom El »

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #55 on: October 02, 2011, 12:22:08 PM »
Hope you feel better Dom! :js:
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #56 on: October 02, 2011, 12:28:31 PM »
Okay scratch everything I just said.

THIS is the STIKES we want: http://stikesyogyakarta.ac.id/

It is indeed a nursing and midwifery school and is located on Jalan Nitikan, around 4km from the Sultanate Palace, the pit stop for Leg 2.

Just a couple of streets from here is Jalan Lowano, the site of one of the two AISYIYAH orphanages: http://www.payaisyiyah.org/index.php?pilih=hal&id=2 which could easily be misheard as 'aisyah'!

Looking over the orphanage's website, there are frequent mentions to nursing, so it appears these are the two connected locations we're looking for.

(Thanks Prophet!)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #57 on: October 02, 2011, 02:25:13 PM »
Thnaks so much!!

Okay adding a bit here....

The caves have a terribly sad and tragic hsitory that you can read here:
http://tripholiday.net/jomblang-cave.html

Brief spoiler refresher:

We know that multiple teams have to "go-back" to a location, I think that Chateau is right on the money. Possibly as many as 8 of the 11 go back. We also know from our live sightings that some teams ALSO had to wait for their camera crews to reappear...  there are photos in spoilers of several teams waiting together.

Remember that we have photos of TWO of those teams "going back", in spoilers,  as in leaving the Pitstop, again thanks to our fabulous onsite team.

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,25526.msg621260.html#msg621260
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,25526.msg621588.html#msg621588

Based on the photo evidence given us, these teams may have done the dance detour:

Ethan/Jenna, Marcus/Amani, Jeremy/Sandy and Ron/Bill (?).

And finally...

Reminding everyone of this information on airport sightings AFTER this leg's Pitstop:

This morning, my friend from Kaskus (kotakcokelat) spotted them at Jogja airport buying that 13.45 flight, here are the 5 teams:
2 Blacks (M/F)
A couple with an asian (M/F)
A couple (M/F)
Blondes (F/F)

Don't know about the other 3/4 teams..  :duno:

AND:

Okay guys, here's another info I got while they're out from Indonesia.
Source: http://twitter.com/#!/msindyjansen99

She said she was on the same flight to PHUKET, with blondes, grandmother grandfather, a couple with asian, and THE OTHER TEAMS.

I'm not 100% sure about this, but we can conclude that we just got our first three eliminated teams, right?
Blue M/M, Ethan & Jenna, and Hawaiian girls.

Only time will tell  :waves:

AND:

Hey guys, after searching the information about how the team get out of Jakarta, I got this photo from twitter

It's Zac and Dad at Soetta airport!!

The person who took this photo also spotted Surfer Dudes!!
So, based on available data, the teams that safe through leg 3 are:
2 Blacks (M/F)
Young Couple (M/F)
A couple with Asian (M/F)
Blondes (F/F)
Sunderlands (M/M)
Surfer Dudes (M/M)

Possibly eliminated:
Hawaiian Girls, Blue M/M teams, Older Couple, Ethan & Jenna  :duno:

Based on all that info back at the END OF JUNE, the info on the three teams not seen further past this leg has been right here.

Teams therefore at risk (based on not being seen later ) include Ron/Bil, Kaylani/Lisa, and Ethan/Jenna. As always, not seen cannot 100% be assumed to not be there...but this info was thought to be reliable. So 2 of these 3 may go tonight.

And last but DEFINITELY not least..a HUGE :tu to our Indonesian friends who included us in there onsite spoilers every step of the way. They were incredibly generous with their information, their time, their photos and my zillion and one questions. This leg would not have been nearly as exciting or as much fun without them!!

SO :ty to our anonymous Indonesian friends!!
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 02:33:08 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #58 on: October 02, 2011, 02:26:25 PM »
Oh and just to clarify, Prophets info on the teams comes form CBS media info, so should all be considered 100% accurate. Pictures later!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Marklouiekpopsuju13

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #59 on: October 02, 2011, 08:32:37 PM »
So Sad Ethan and Jenna Eliminated bring back them... :(

Offline BayBay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #60 on: October 02, 2011, 10:29:43 PM »
Phil is pure evil!!!!!!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #61 on: October 02, 2011, 11:05:10 PM »
EP 2 PRESS PHOTOS!

Photos: Robert Voets/CBS ©2011 CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Squall

• RFF Jr. Member
  • There is reason to fear;Squall (the first) is here
« Reply #62 on: October 02, 2011, 11:23:01 PM »
Unfortunatley for Ethan and Jenna, the Phil has spoken.  *couldn't resist bad survivor-esque joke* and their visas were denied.  *ducks and hide from another bad joke; trying to emulate probsts and his "Tribe has spoken" and snuffing of the torch*
"as long as you don't get your hopes up, you can take anything...you feel less pain" --> Squall
Host: The Mole: South Eastern Sabotage
Played: Fantasy Big Brother 2011 (Mythic) - Win | Survivor K: South Pacific: (Coach) - Runner Up

Offline Katarzyna

• RFF Full Member
  • Sashay away!
« Reply #63 on: October 02, 2011, 11:41:30 PM »
Unfortunatley for Ethan and Jenna, the Phil has spoken.  *couldn't resist bad survivor-esque joke* and their visas were denied.  *ducks and hide from another bad joke; trying to emulate probsts and his "Tribe has spoken" and snuffing of the torch*

I love those survivor jokes  :hrt: :lol:

and I also love Jennifer this episode. She's fierce!  :jam:
Oh Brian, I can't wait til after dinner. Cos then we'll go home and you can watch me have my period.

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #64 on: October 03, 2011, 12:17:02 AM »
Does Cindy have asthma?  I saw her using an inhaler while running back to the orphanage.

Offline realshowfan

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Frantic Fanfic Fanatic!
« Reply #65 on: October 03, 2011, 07:10:43 AM »
Does Cindy have asthma?  I saw her using an inhaler while running back to the orphanage.

I saw that too.

This episode was a major shuffle! Is Indonesia penalty-prone? All the penalties the teams received reminded me of the many teams that quitted in TARA1's Indonesia RB.  :lol:

But, I enjoyed it! These news tasks are simple in explanation but genius in concept!

I'm sad Ethan & Jenna went home, I was expecting a little more from them. imo, Romber even have better co-operation than them. But had it been a normal single elimination, they would still be racing.  :( But, I still love the DEL twist. At least it's been notified at Pit Start so teams will be scrambling for their lives faster than ever. Well, apparently most teams still had problems, that message in the orphanage looked pretty noticeable to me. I mean, I would've thought it was some kind of Thank You/Pit Stop message!

Can't wait for next episode! Looks challenging (but that's the previews so I'm not counting on it 100%!)!
This summer ※ The Amazing Race: ZBC // RSF
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,31363.0.html

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #66 on: October 03, 2011, 07:30:16 AM »
Ok so having just watched the episode, I have a couple of comments about the editing of this episode:

When Justin & Jennifer are arguing at Gambir Station, at least 5 of the 7 reaction shots of other teams turning their heads aren't anywhere near them.

Just after teams get on the train, we see a very congested train go by with people sitting on the roof. The actual train the teams caught is similar to a first-class carriage you'd find anywhere in the Western world, with a television, air conditioning and reclining seats throughout.

Sorry if this seems like a rant. I know they must do this all the time to 'tell the story' but it is eye-opening to see just how often it happens!

I also thought it was funny that when Ethan was talking about giving money to the kids and said 'Cos that's what I'm all about', he looks down at his t-shirt, obviously about to talk about his charity, just as the camera switches scenes!

Also, did anyone else notice how none of the teams looked surprised when Phil told them to go back? Its almost like they reshot that bit after they had already found out..

I loved the way Phil dealt with Kaylani and Lisa, best misdirection ever!

Offline Prama

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Later!
« Reply #67 on: October 03, 2011, 07:37:20 AM »
Just after teams get on the train, we see a very congested train go by with people sitting on the roof. The actual train the teams caught is similar to a first-class carriage you'd find anywhere in the Western world, with a television, air conditioning and reclining seats throughout.

Sorry if this seems like a rant. I know they must do this all the time to 'tell the story' but it is eye-opening to see just how often it happens!

That's true! :hrt: That was the same train when I was on a trip to Jogjakarta. And the very congested train (with people sitting on a roof) is a local train (economy class), who only travel around Jakarta.  :js:

Anyway, I wonder what happen to this scene? Why did they cut off Bukit Indah Hotel scene and go directly to roadblock place?

Prama's Member Game Profile
Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #68 on: October 03, 2011, 07:42:20 AM »
Anyway, I wonder what happen to this scene? Why did they cut off Bukit Indah Hotel scene and go directly to roadblock place?

I would guess that it was only there as an hours of operation thing, in case teams missed the last train of the day. But seeing as teams were on the same train anyway, it had no effect at all.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #69 on: October 03, 2011, 10:44:55 AM »
Here is a fascinating article about getting to, in and out of Jomblang Cave:

http://toekangbatoe.wordpress.com/2011/08/19/jomblang-and-grubug-vertical-caving-underground-art-of-excitements/

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #70 on: October 03, 2011, 11:05:30 AM »

I saw that too.

This episode was a major shuffle! Is Indonesia penalty-prone? All the penalties the teams received reminded me of the many teams that quitted in TARA1's Indonesia RB.  :lol:

realshowfan,

I do not see much correlation with the ROADBLOCK in ARA1, episode 3 at Kuta Beach, Denspar. The only common factor is that a task in Indonesia was involved. That ROADBLOCK was a monster, digging down up to about 40 inches in sand to find a small wooden toy. 4 out of 9 teams actually finished the ROADBLOCK and 5 took the penalty. The general task at the Aisyiyah orphanage in Yogyakarta was much simpler. All teams had to do was to read the warning sign, but at least 7 of them did not. However, I will admit that this general task was diabolical and designed by World Race Productions to deceive. The beach dig was designed to be a brute force task and it had no deception.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #71 on: October 03, 2011, 11:44:00 AM »

I would guess that it was only there as an hours of operation thing, in case teams missed the last train of the day. But seeing as teams were on the same train anyway, it had no effect at all.

From our local observers, we know teams arrived at Tugu train station about 1:45 AM.

I believe teams went from the station to the Bukit Indah hotel from on site info  We also have a verbal confirmation of some sort of shooting there at 0130 AM ++. We also have the screen cap of the twins leaving there in daylight WITH A CLUE , so I think they had a HOO stop there?

From reports, the roads to the caves might have been unsafe at night and all our Jogja driving caps seem to be in daylight as well...so I do not think they went to the caves until very early the next morning.

But still...about a 1-1.5 trip there? And then caves, and then the detour, and MOST teams were at Kraton from 1130 onwards. Fast leg!!!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #72 on: October 03, 2011, 12:30:44 PM »
There is even a "7:30 am"  provided on-screen when the taxis are on the way
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #73 on: October 03, 2011, 12:52:40 PM »

I saw that too.

realshowfan,

I do not see much correlation with the ROADBLOCK in ARA1, episode 3 at Kuta Beach, Denspar. The only common factor is that a task in Indonesia was involved. That ROADBLOCK was a monster, digging down up to about 40 inches in sand to find a small wooden toy. 4 out of 9 teams actually finished the ROADBLOCK and 5 took the penalty. The general task at the Aisyiyah orphanage in Yogyakarta was much simpler. All teams had to do was to read the warning sign, but at least 7 of them did not. However, I will admit that this general task was diabolical and designed by World Race Productions to deceive. The beach dig was designed to be a brute force task and it had no deception.

I think realshowfan just want to say that Indonesia gives a penalty party. I think he didn't compare the tasks that made those penalties. :lol:
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #74 on: October 03, 2011, 02:30:07 PM »
I am mad we didn't get to see this part:

RFF's Golden Rule: