Author Topic: TAR 19 EP 2 "The Sprint Of Our Life" (Indonesia)  (Read 40079 times)

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
Re: TAR 19 EP 2 "The Sprint Of Our Life" (Indonesia)
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2011, 08:45:42 PM »
Oh, for me, I always thought it was the opposite. In the beginning, if I saw a "Next week on The Amazing Race" and there was a team struggling, they wouldn't be eliminated the next leg.  :duno: my memory isn't the best.....

I used to think so too but last year they did seem to give clues in the preview. For example Luke's struggle with the tea, Mike's issue in Japan, Zev struggling with the samba, and the Cowboys' Double U-turn. However these clues may have only been apparent to some.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline eddiethejet

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2011, 11:57:33 PM »
It is interesting to note that last season, when a team was shown to be in trouble during the preview, that team usually ended up being eliminated...

it was super emphasized during the pre cowboys elimination previews.  i think they did that to us bc most ppl were expecting the cowboys to go further.

Offline maxen

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2011, 08:19:54 AM »
That was the case in TAR 17 too, Michael struggling with the roadblock in Russia and Mallory's prayer in Oman. I think that happenned with Mika and Canaan  too (well Mika's meltodwn was the highlight of that season, how are you not going to show that in the preview).
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 04:23:51 PM by MAXEN »

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2011, 02:29:32 PM »
That was the case in TAR 17 too, Michael struggling with the roadblock in Russia and Mallory's prayer in Oman. I think that happenned with Mika and  too (well Mika's meltodwn was the highlight of that season, how are you not going to show that in the preview).

Thad add was the saddest one I've seen for a reality tv show.  :(
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 02:42:24 PM by Дussie Бabushka »

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2011, 02:39:18 PM »
That was the case in TAR 17 too, Michael struggling with the roadblock in Russia and Mallory's prayer in Oman. I think that happenned with Mika and  too (well Mika's meltodwn was the highlight of that season, how are you not going to show that in the preview).

That ad was the saddest one I've seen for a reality tv show.  :(

I agree. :(

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2011, 09:04:50 PM »
I think that just me dont like Mallory...IN THE WORLD
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2011, 03:41:36 AM »
Okay, so seeing as I'm in Yogyakarta right now, and not sure if I'll be here after Episode 2 comes out (I did the same train journey as the teams, Gambir, Jakarta to Tugu, Jogja! The trains were really luxurious..), I figured I'd try and see some of the locations we know about already. I failed spectacularly.

I aimed for all the locations in Legs 2 & 3 that were in the immediate vicinity of Yogyakarta:

2 detour locations in Leg 2, both on Malioboro.
Leg 2 Pit Stop: Sultanate Palace.
Leg 3 Route Info: the bird market.

The last two are inside the Kraton, which as I found out, closes at midday. I'll try again tomorrow though!

For the parking detour, first I found the spot where the photo below was taken:

There were at least 6 or 7 guys working the 'parking lot' (actually just a regular sidewalk with scooters everywhere) wearing the same uniform that Laurence and Zac are wearing above. However, not one of them could understand English, so I was unable to find out who was in charge or where the head office of this operation was.

Next, only about 500m down the road is the spot where this photo was taken:

There was nothing nearby that would have offered anything like the dancing on a regular basis, so that too was a dead end.

Not my best day of detecting! Here's hoping tomorrow's visit to Kraton will be more fruitful.

(As a side note, the first post of the 'Timeline' thread states that the Sunderlands were seen performing this dance task, yet we also see them parking, so I guess they must have switched detours.)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2011, 08:06:38 AM »
Oh what fun!! Keep exploring!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2011, 11:48:10 AM »
EPISODE 2
Taipei, Taiwan  to   Yogyakarta, Indonesia

Film Date: June 21-22, 2001
Air Date: Sunday, October 2nd, 2011

ROUTE INFO: Fly to Jakarta, Indonesia and travel by train to Yogyakarta

EVIDENCE:  Teams spotted at Jakarta Airport (CGK) SOURCE  10 teams spotted at Gambir station buying tickets.  SOURCE
TIMING: All teams except Team Purple seen at station beginning at 1457. SOURCE 1  SOURCE 2.  Teams believed to have left on KA Gajayana which left Jakarta at 17:45-17:50? SOURCE

ROUTE INFO: Find Bukit Indah Hotel/ Restaurant. SOURCE
TIMING: HoH 8:00 AM.  All teams presumed to be together at this point.

SPEED BUMP:
In this Speed Bump, childhood sweetharts Bill and Cathi must untie knots from a rappelling rope in order continue on to the Road Block on THE AMAZING RACE.

ROADBLOCK: In this Road Block, teams must descend 160 feet into Jomblang Cave and search in the dark for a Javanese mask and dagger in order to receive the next clue on THE AMAZING RACE. SOURCE

ROUTE INFO: Find Malioboro.

DETOUR: Dance or Park. 

Dance: In Detour A, teams must dress as local street performers in Ketoprak make-up and costumes to make 15,000 Rupiah then must donate that money plus their own to the local orphange in order to receive the next clue on THE AMAZING RACE. One team member performs a dance and the other does a song playing the  gamelan (Javanese instrument); then collect money from the onlookers (Marcus & Amani, Ethan & Jenna, Hawaiian Girls, Sunderlands SOURCE Located at the cross junction in front of post office (Kantor Pos Besar) and Benteng Vredeburg (Vredeburg Fort) SOURCE

Park: In Detour B, teams must park enough motorbikes to make 15,000 Rupiah then must donate that money plus their own to the local orphange in order to receive the next clue on THE AMAZING RACE. Located in front of Malioboro Mall SOURCE

ROUTE INFO: Taxi  to a bus stop near a "Stikes" Hospital ; and visit Aisyah orphanage SOURCE

ROUTE INFO Run to Pitstop: Yogyakarta Sultanate Palace (Kraton) SOURCE1 SOURCE 2  All teams checked in by 2 PM.

2 (unknown) teams eliminated

Big thanks to LeafsFan aka RealityTVistheBest  for their work on Leg 2!!
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 05:31:39 PM by banzai »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2011, 12:22:43 PM »
Oh LOVE This!!

:ty banzai!

FWIW, the timeline is in process of being updated, hopefully by today, so there may be a few minor changes.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2011, 12:23:10 PM »
Banzai!  Yeah!!

One more correction!  Substitute a certain Football player and wife for a certain Basketball player and wife   :snicker:
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2011, 01:06:06 PM »
^^ Fixed. :tup:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2011, 07:22:10 PM »
Caps from last week's X-treme racing promo:

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2011, 07:35:27 PM »
I don't know if everyone remembers but Jomblang is a vertical cave and rappelling is the only way in. I was assuming that cap 3 is the way they are getting out as opposed to using a rope and ascenders.
They have some kind of gong set up down there (fwiw it looks a lot like this one: http://www.fotosearch.com/SIX010/ina-069/) and there seems to be a mask involved as well. I'm not sure if the Ethan and Jenna crawling pic goes with that task because it is supposed to be the Roadblock. It also doesn't even look like a cave, but more like crawling under a building.
Does anyone know where they are?

http://www.tourjogja.com/berita-221-goa-jomblang-caving-exploring-the-treasure-of-vertical-cave.html
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 07:48:44 PM by Prophet »

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2011, 08:04:41 PM »
That looks similar to a task in New Zealand in TAR 2. (Remember Oswald and Danny freak out in the cave?)
-- theschnauzers

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2011, 12:42:55 AM »
In the TV promo at least 3 teams can be seen running by the Wisma Hidayah hotel on Jl Augus Salim. So it would seem teams are approaching the  nearby pitstop (Kraton) from the west.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2011, 08:14:00 AM »
Here's a bit of helpful info:

In Detour A, teams must dress as local street performers to make 15,000 Rupiah then must donate that money plus their own to the local orphange in order to receive the next clue on THE AMAZING RACE
performed by Ron and Bill

In Detour B, teams must park enough motorbikes to make 15,000 Rupiah then must donate that money plus their own to the local orphange in order to receive the next clue on THE AMAZING RACE
performed by Laurence and Zac

All of their money? ???

In this Speed Bump, childhood sweetharts Bill and Cathi must untie knots from a rappelling rope in order continue on to the Road Block on THE AMAZING RACE

In this Road Block, teams must descend 160 feet into Jomblang Cave and search in the dark for a Javanese mask and dagger in order to receive the next clue on THE AMAZING RACE
performed by Cindy, Marcus, Bill,

Offline eddiethejet

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2011, 08:46:28 AM »
Here's a bit of helpful info:

In Detour A, teams must dress as local street performers to make 15,000 Rupiah then must donate that money plus their own to the local orphange in order to receive the next clue on THE AMAZING RACE
performed by Ron and Bill

In Detour B, teams must park enough motorbikes to make 15,000 Rupiah then must donate that money plus their own to the local orphange in order to receive the next clue on THE AMAZING RACE
performed by Laurence and Zac

All of their money? ???

In this Speed Bump, childhood sweetharts Bill and Cathi must untie knots from a rappelling rope in order continue on to the Road Block on THE AMAZING RACE

In this Road Block, teams must descend 160 feet into Jomblang Cave and search in the dark for a Javanese mask and dagger in order to receive the next clue on THE AMAZING RACE
performed by Cindy, Marcus, Bill,

GREAT info prophet!

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2011, 10:48:55 AM »
It's funny but it seems that CBS can't decide about the title of the episode. In the schedule and the TAR web page is the SPRINT of our lives but in the press release photos is the SPIRIT of our lives.

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #44 on: October 01, 2011, 10:53:20 AM »
Maybe they've given the episode title job to the intern again! Did anyone see TAR's Facebook page during Season 18? I know I can be picky about spelling and grammar, but that was just ridiculous to the point of embarrassing!

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #45 on: October 01, 2011, 10:54:27 AM »
must donate that money plus their own to the local orphange

I think we see the reason teams were spotted going to and going away from the Pit Stop.

The obvious mistake they made was to not give all their own money to the orphanage.   (:;)

This would cause a serious shuffling in the order of Teams finishing the leg.  The ones that read the clue carefully get to pass the leaders who did not.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #46 on: October 01, 2011, 01:22:04 PM »
Maybe they've given the episode title job to the intern again! Did anyone see TAR's Facebook page during Season 18? I know I can be picky about spelling and grammar, but that was just ridiculous to the point of embarrassing!

There were tons of mistakes by their web team during season 18 :lol:

Offline eddiethejet

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #47 on: October 01, 2011, 10:49:20 PM »
must donate that money plus their own to the local orphange

I think we see the reason teams were spotted going to and going away from the Pit Stop.

The obvious mistake they made was to not give all their own money to the orphanage.   (:;)

This would cause a serious shuffling in the order of Teams finishing the leg.  The ones that read the clue carefully get to pass the leaders who did not.

BINGO!

It's probably all the mistakes the preview is referring to.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #48 on: October 01, 2011, 11:00:45 PM »
Ep 2 Preview caps:

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #49 on: October 01, 2011, 11:10:41 PM »
Good work Peach! I recognised those stairs in the first couple of caps immediately, its Gambir station (platform 3 and 4 if anyone's interested!) in Jakarta!