Author Topic: TAR 19 EP 3 "Don't Lay Down On Me Now" (Indonesia)  (Read 50909 times)

Offline Squall

• RFF Jr. Member
  • There is reason to fear;Squall (the first) is here
Re: TAR 19 EP 3 "Don't Lay Down On Me Now" (Indonesia)
« Reply #100 on: October 10, 2011, 11:52:00 AM »
I don't like how Phil has deviated so far from the 'standard TAR speak' in this season. In this episode, he tells Laurence & Zac that they are 'Team Number One', not 'the first team to arrive'. I don't recall Phil ever telling a team that they are 'Team Number X' before applying any penalties.

I know, I found that very odd as well. He also changed his previous Pit Stop speech. Instead of "this was the second Pitstop in a race around the world" it was something like "Here teams will begin the third leg of a race around the world"

Perhaps they don't want him to go "Chenbot", but i do agree; it sounds weird hearing "this is the start of the xth leg in a race around the world" is sounds so awkward. Then again, perhaps its to help avoid confusion of some idiots going "Well, since that's a pit stop; do they actually stay there". *cue TAR sound effect of someone saying something stupid*
"as long as you don't get your hopes up, you can take anything...you feel less pain" --> Squall
Host: The Mole: South Eastern Sabotage
Played: Fantasy Big Brother 2011 (Mythic) - Win | Survivor K: South Pacific: (Coach) - Runner Up

Offline SoYoung

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #101 on: October 10, 2011, 12:01:58 PM »
Hi guys, I've been reading from this forum since Season 10 or maybe earlier but never posted. I just have no idea how can i help you with the spoilers but I planned to comment on the race already..

On Topic: Would it possible that those "non-cluebox" thing would be the final challenge on the last leg? I remember TAR17 having their final challenge by arranging the greeters and I also remember TAR12 ( I'm not sure), The original season of Ron and Christina, where they also have to remember things related to each of the countries they visited.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #102 on: October 10, 2011, 12:08:02 PM »
:welcome2: to RFF, SoYoung! Glad you stopped lurking! :)
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #103 on: October 10, 2011, 01:16:15 PM »
I fell I have to comment on this episode since it may be one of the best ones I've seen in a while. It featured about everything TAR is with Marcus and Amani's 'never give up attitude", the beautiful locations, a penalty, a heartbreaking elimination, and teams getting along with each other. It was a pleasure seeing all of this come together.

After 3 episodes I think I have enough to make a prediction as to how this season will play out. I see our final 3 as Andy & Tommy, Laurence & Zac, and Ernie & Cindy. Marcus & Amani will just miss out on the finals being eliminated in Panama. I'm looking at Liz & Marie or Bill & Cathi being the next team to go, with the other going shortly after. 

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #104 on: October 10, 2011, 01:53:56 PM »
I had made that same final three prediction but thinking on it now I would not be surprised if Jeremy and Sandy went far. They have a good average placement and showed some great effort last night. The only knock against them is that they get next to no camera time. I think they are the only team that has never had a confessional air. :lol:
It just seems like the A/T, L/Z, E/C finale is too easy to predict, I'm trying to think outside the box. And I think Bill and Cathi will make it farther than Justin and Jennifer at least. I would challenge your Amani and Marcus final four prediction from a purely logical standpoint. But you may have something there.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #105 on: October 10, 2011, 03:09:46 PM »
Hi guys, I've been reading from this forum since Season 10 or maybe earlier but never posted. I just have no idea how can i help you with the spoilers but I planned to comment on the race already..

On Topic: Would it possible that those "non-cluebox" thing would be the final challenge on the last leg? I remember TAR17 having their final challenge by arranging the greeters and I also remember TAR12 ( I'm not sure), The original season of Ron and Christina, where they also have to remember things related to each of the countries they visited.

I've been following the non-clue box comments and when last night when there was no traditional cluebox, then I knew it had to be what you suggest. It's not a coincidence.

Just a comment, I don't know how far Bill and Cathi will go but I am loving them and how they keep a positive attitude. I hope they make it far.

Welcome to RFF SoYoung! Glad you decided to join in!

:bigwelcome
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #106 on: October 10, 2011, 10:41:12 PM »

:welcome: to De-lurking, SoYoung!

You might also enjoy looking into the "clue box" thread here:

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,26316.0.html
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #107 on: October 11, 2011, 09:13:42 AM »
Nevermind. I had an erroneous interpretation of information.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 09:19:18 AM by apskip »

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #108 on: October 11, 2011, 11:05:47 PM »
Someone hasn't adjusted their watch since leaving the US

A two-hour difference between Zac's watch and the displayed caption is consistent with the digit "1-" we see on Justin's watch, while their departure was labelled as 8.31am. Marcus' watch at departure also looks a lot more like 10.32am than the 8.32am we were told. It seems like the wrong time was on the on-screen caption, not the racers' watches. Not sure why TPTB would need to lie to us?

Other watches: Marcus/Amani's cab driver has a time of 11.17 (shown when they depart Fort Vredeburg, but this may be from elsewhere). Cindy's watch upon Ernie's finish of the Roadblock says 3.37.

And... First clue of the leg has an Indonesia map again. (I love HD vidcaps!)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 12:08:49 AM by Neobie »