Author Topic: S23 Ep 2 " He has Demons"  (Read 18390 times)

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
Re: S23 Ep 2 " He has Demons"
« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2011, 07:50:47 PM »
christine and stacey deny ever saying they would vote for mikayla

brandon comes clean; says he lied to coach
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #51 on: September 21, 2011, 07:51:39 PM »
jeff thinks upolu is in disarray

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #52 on: September 21, 2011, 07:52:01 PM »
jeff has no idea want going to happen; me neither

time to vote

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #53 on: September 21, 2011, 07:52:51 PM »
no hii's to play

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #54 on: September 21, 2011, 07:53:15 PM »
sophie - 1
edna - 1
christine - 1
stacey - 1

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #55 on: September 21, 2011, 07:53:57 PM »
christine - 4 total
stacey - 3 total

Christine out :torche

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #56 on: September 21, 2011, 07:54:39 PM »
she heads to ri

that was a messy tc

jeff says the biggest obstacle for upolu is trust; which it is

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #57 on: September 21, 2011, 07:56:33 PM »
so Christine vs Semhar; is that the first all female RI duel?

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #58 on: September 21, 2011, 07:58:16 PM »
Stacey voted for Sophie; Christine for Edna; rest split for Stacey and Christine

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #59 on: September 21, 2011, 07:59:41 PM »
I can't remember the last time four people got votes at tribal council; quite unusual but presumably due to the Mikala plan coming out into the open.

So Ozzy and Keith formed a very early alliance, and then Ozzy goes and finds the HII without a clue. Both very telling developments I would think, the way Burnett edits this show.
-- theschnauzers

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #60 on: September 21, 2011, 08:11:04 PM »
I don't know I think The Immunity Idol was Ozzy's worst mistake in Fans versus favorites.  After the Idol he didn't push himself as much as he normally would have.  And that over confidence really killed him.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #61 on: September 22, 2011, 07:21:41 AM »
At this rate, I don't know which tribe is better. Savaii seemed more unified in that episode. I can't wait to see the first RI duel next week, and I'm going to predict that Christine wins it.
Right now, I like Cochran, Keith, Stacey, and Christine better than the others. Hopefully Christine can survive on RI for a while.

Offline realshowfan

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Frantic Fanfic Fanatic!
« Reply #62 on: September 22, 2011, 08:07:44 AM »
Brandon being threatened by Mikayla is seriously annoying me. Not because I think it's stupid (Mikayla is a threat from what I'm seeing on TV and sex appeal is always a plus), but because Brandon was being too desperate. Now look what's happened. And the preview for the next eppy looks like it's gonna be rough for him.

I'm so happy to hear the other castaways talk. Strangely enough, now it's like the castaways who got the spotlight last eppy (Dawn, Papa Bear, Rick, Elyse) don't get as much. Only exception for the one that has got very little screentime for BOTH eppies I feel was Whitney! And the Savaii guys alliance thinking of taking Whitney, ugh. She better talk (lol).

Hopefully Edna's gonna play a social or strategic game and pull a Todd or Natalie!

I hate Jim right now. So arrogant. Thank goodness Keith and Ozzy have an early alliance. I don't think either of 'em would trust Jim when the merge comes.

Stacey has attitude (AT least, imo, not worse than NaOnka)! I want to see what this diva momma can do. :lol:

Go Ozzy!!! :hearts: Just don't get super arrogant again!!

I didn't see Cochran do much. :groan: He really is in a bad spot. No one wants to make an alliance with him.

The first part of the challenge was cool to watch! :colors I'm surprised at how well Upolu did (seemingly). They were flying!

Upolu's pre-TC should really been tense! What a mess it turned up into! At that point I started second guessing who would be going (though it seemed obvious, I couldn't tell if people were gonna vote something else)!

So...Semhar vs Christine in RI? My vote's for Christine. I always felt Semhar's already mentally and physically drained.

Whoooooooooo!!!
This summer ※ The Amazing Race: ZBC // RSF
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,31363.0.html

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #63 on: September 22, 2011, 08:35:17 AM »
stupid brandon :lol3:

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #64 on: September 22, 2011, 10:03:32 AM »
Hmm... That part where Ozzy found the HII reminded me of the scene when Rob found his. At that instant I thought... Are we looking at our winner? I have nothing against Ozzy, but I'm sick of having past season winners take it all. I really hope that this season's castaways will PLAY the game and get Ozzy and Coach out eventually. 'Cos as far as strategy counts, these two probably aren't the best at it...

I'm kinda annoyed by the Brandon and Mikayla deal as well. It's not Mikayla's fault that Brandon's threatened by her. It's annoying how he goes on and on about wanting her out. It's kinda for a selfish reason and not for the good of the tribe at all. The tribe really needs Mikayla's strength. 'Cos I don't feel that the guys on that tribe are as strong as those on Savaii. If they want to avoid Tribal Councils, they really need their strongest players.

What a Tribal Council! I was pretty surprised when there were 4 names that came up. Before that, I was so worried that Mikayla would do a Matty and be the second person voted off, blindsided. As it is, she became the only female not to receive a vote on that tribe. I was a little sad to see Christine go, I think she'd make a feisty player. But she should have kept her mouth shut on Day One, when she made an enemy in Coach.

I'm looking forward to see how Ozzy survives not telling anyone about the HII. And of course, what's going to happen to Brandon and Mikayla. I still feel that this season has the potential to turn out a great one. And I'm hoping that the castaways don't disappoint.
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline BamBam

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #65 on: September 22, 2011, 02:53:24 PM »
As much as I enjoyed watching Russell play the game, I can't stand his nephew Brandon!  This guy needs to  just come out and be honest that he finds Mikayla tempting and he can't trust himself around her.  Why on earth would you vote out your strongest female this early?  Wonder what his wife thinks after seeing the show!

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #66 on: September 22, 2011, 03:00:14 PM »
He is WEIRD as HELL, I mean this guy is scary! It's not her fault she is a beautiful woman as well as physically strong. Sooooo weird
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline coolio

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #67 on: September 22, 2011, 09:39:09 PM »
My problem with Mikayla vs. Brandon is the fact that Mikayla isn't doing anything on purpose. I think. In eppy #1, Brandon was all like "I don't like how Mikayla carries herself" Meanwhile, Mikayla was climbing a tree. She wasn't secductlvy climbing the tree. And I hate how he compares her to Parvati. Stupid Brandon. He's trying too hard to NOT be like his uncle. There's my rant for the week.

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #68 on: September 23, 2011, 02:02:29 AM »
^^ Yeah, Mikayla was just doing what she had to do. She never mentioned a single strategy of flirting or anything. In fact, she was just saying during the episode that she was a tomboy and nothing like a girly girl.

It's just Brandon's problem. And I figure, if he's really as God-honouring as he says he is and wants to remove himself from all temptation, he should just remove himself from the game. I guess it's a little harsh, but well, Mikayla hasn't done anything wrong. So yeah.

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #69 on: September 23, 2011, 02:10:28 AM »
For me Brandon is worse than his uncle. At least Russel was honest: he wanted to be a super villain!
But Brandon is a hypocrite, the sooner he goes the better! I hope Mikayla goes further than him (although I doubt it).

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #70 on: September 23, 2011, 01:09:42 PM »
I liked Brandon the first episode but there's this strange vibe about him this episode. It's like, he says he wants to play the game with honour and integrity and he's a man of God and we see that in some aspects but he doesn't seem totally honest and clean at the same time. Maybe it's just the struggle with temptation he's facing. But we'll see I guess.

Offline Squall

• RFF Jr. Member
  • There is reason to fear;Squall (the first) is here
« Reply #71 on: September 24, 2011, 07:51:43 PM »
Just got home from Vegas; i watched the episode on my phone while i was gone so here are
My thoughts;

1. Lil' Hantz is more like Lil' shot-himself in the pantz. I agree with you guys that his reasons for wanting Mikalya out of the game is stupid, ESPECIALLY THIS EARLY. While; i did try to have respect for him to trying to come out to coach and reveal who he is; you see the Russel-ness in him by wanting to get out one of the strongest people in their tribe that serves no purpose than to just help his game, and to try to stir the pot up and watch it blow up in his face at TC; that what he gets.

I do *pauses* respect coach for not throwing Brandon under the bus when it came to the votergate of who said the two chicks were going to vote out Mikayla; and seemed like he might have made a smart move by trying to show/prove hes trying to play with honor by not  naming the culprit; however, i think Brandon screwed himself royally because he just put a big target on his back; and once the rest of the tribe finds out his relationship to Russel; it just confirms his actions / seals is fate in the game.

Cochran seems like he's trying; but he still seems to be that new kid trying to fit in the cool kid crowd; as much as I want to root for him, if he can get his footing in solid with a good alliance (or other people screw up), i can sense his screen will be flashing Game Over.

As always everyone here is freakin awesome; and i look to enjoy more of Survivor Chat; on RFF........brought to you by the good folks at Pepsi reminding you that Coke sucks.
"as long as you don't get your hopes up, you can take anything...you feel less pain" --> Squall
Host: The Mole: South Eastern Sabotage
Played: Fantasy Big Brother 2011 (Mythic) - Win | Survivor K: South Pacific: (Coach) - Runner Up

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #72 on: October 02, 2011, 02:19:53 AM »
I don't know if I'm the only person feeling this way, but I believe that Brandon really wants to be a good person and good player on the game.

He grew up in the condition where he used to be really bad/evil and after he came to know God, he really strived to work to change his past character and I can really see his efforts for doing so.

The reason why he wanted to get rid of Mikayla, IMHO, is due to the fact that he's attracted to her and kept thinking of unGodly things that he could possibly do with Mikayla (if you get what I mean).. I can see that he doesn't want to do it.. but because he was born this way... he naturally/his mind went that way. The only way for him not to think otherwise about Mikayla (being attracted to her) is to quickly vote her out of the game so that she doesn't become a distraction for him. I don't know if this makes sense, but I really think that Brandon has nothing against Mikayla and he's only so interested to vote her off because he doesn't want to sin. He's probably too prideful to admit and say so anyway.

Which makes me feel for him (I'm not a fan of his BTW).. because a lot of times in life, we keep trying to change for the better so that we do not go back to becoming people whom we used to be. I can see that he's trying to change, but his inner self/what he was born to be is slowly creeping back to him each day. Which is really tiring and can be disappointing because there you are, trying to change for the better and become a Godly man.. but on the other hand, you're still sinning and such.

I don't know if that made sense but I feel Brandon. I am always struggling with trying to be good but at the end of the day I sin too and it's really frustrating. :(

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #73 on: October 02, 2011, 04:50:11 AM »
I totally agree with you Joab. You can't control your feelings.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #74 on: October 02, 2011, 12:31:55 PM »
I totally agree with you Joab. You can't control your feelings.

Let's just say Brandon isn't suited to play Survivor (to win). Just like Russell. Instead of saying they're both evil, I'll rather say they both don't know how to play a social game.