Archive > Survivor Spoilers

S23 Ep 2 " He has Demons"

<< < (15/16) > >>

Ruth:
I liked Brandon the first episode but there's this strange vibe about him this episode. It's like, he says he wants to play the game with honour and integrity and he's a man of God and we see that in some aspects but he doesn't seem totally honest and clean at the same time. Maybe it's just the struggle with temptation he's facing. But we'll see I guess.

Squall:
Just got home from Vegas; i watched the episode on my phone while i was gone so here are
My thoughts;

1. Lil' Hantz is more like Lil' shot-himself in the pantz. I agree with you guys that his reasons for wanting Mikalya out of the game is stupid, ESPECIALLY THIS EARLY. While; i did try to have respect for him to trying to come out to coach and reveal who he is; you see the Russel-ness in him by wanting to get out one of the strongest people in their tribe that serves no purpose than to just help his game, and to try to stir the pot up and watch it blow up in his face at TC; that what he gets.

I do *pauses* respect coach for not throwing Brandon under the bus when it came to the votergate of who said the two chicks were going to vote out Mikayla; and seemed like he might have made a smart move by trying to show/prove hes trying to play with honor by not  naming the culprit; however, i think Brandon screwed himself royally because he just put a big target on his back; and once the rest of the tribe finds out his relationship to Russel; it just confirms his actions / seals is fate in the game.

Cochran seems like he's trying; but he still seems to be that new kid trying to fit in the cool kid crowd; as much as I want to root for him, if he can get his footing in solid with a good alliance (or other people screw up), i can sense his screen will be flashing Game Over.

As always everyone here is freakin awesome; and i look to enjoy more of Survivor Chat; on RFF........brought to you by the good folks at Pepsi reminding you that Coke sucks.

Jobby:
I don't know if I'm the only person feeling this way, but I believe that Brandon really wants to be a good person and good player on the game.

He grew up in the condition where he used to be really bad/evil and after he came to know God, he really strived to work to change his past character and I can really see his efforts for doing so.

The reason why he wanted to get rid of Mikayla, IMHO, is due to the fact that he's attracted to her and kept thinking of unGodly things that he could possibly do with Mikayla (if you get what I mean).. I can see that he doesn't want to do it.. but because he was born this way... he naturally/his mind went that way. The only way for him not to think otherwise about Mikayla (being attracted to her) is to quickly vote her out of the game so that she doesn't become a distraction for him. I don't know if this makes sense, but I really think that Brandon has nothing against Mikayla and he's only so interested to vote her off because he doesn't want to sin. He's probably too prideful to admit and say so anyway.

Which makes me feel for him (I'm not a fan of his BTW).. because a lot of times in life, we keep trying to change for the better so that we do not go back to becoming people whom we used to be. I can see that he's trying to change, but his inner self/what he was born to be is slowly creeping back to him each day. Which is really tiring and can be disappointing because there you are, trying to change for the better and become a Godly man.. but on the other hand, you're still sinning and such.

I don't know if that made sense but I feel Brandon. I am always struggling with trying to be good but at the end of the day I sin too and it's really frustrating. :(

Aussie:
I totally agree with you Joab. You can't control your feelings.

Jobby:

--- Quote from: Дussie Бabushka on October 02, 2011, 04:50:11 AM ---I totally agree with you Joab. You can't control your feelings.

--- End quote ---

Let's just say Brandon isn't suited to play Survivor (to win). Just like Russell. Instead of saying they're both evil, I'll rather say they both don't know how to play a social game.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version