Author Topic: Top 10 Amazing Race Moments  (Read 43705 times)

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Top 10 Amazing Race Moments
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2011, 01:29:29 PM »
Seriously so not what I ever want to see on TAR, ever.

Another OMG moment is season three with Andre & Damon taken away and told to turn over their passports!  Didn't really care for the team but had to be scary as hell for them.

Offline Flamant

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Lumilia <3
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2011, 05:22:34 PM »
BEST COMEBACK: Tho this too is also because of bad leg management, I would say that Charla & Mirna's comeback in All-Star is greater the the cowboy's. After almost being eliminated four times (8th, 8th, 8th, and 7th - ariving second to last two times - the last one being the Romber elimination), they came first two times in a row!!!
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 05:31:58 PM by flamant777 »

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2011, 08:03:41 PM »
Flamant777

The reason they used the cowboys in that example is they went from worst to first and an extra task all in one episode.  Meaning even after a travel equalizer they started last on that leg, and with no other equalizer completed all tasks as well as another and finished first.

Charla & Mirna are not the only team to start off extremely poorly then end up winning two legs in a row and making it into the finale three.  Teri & Ian are another example of this.

But I never did read the question that way very interesting.

I would also like to add one that was completely unsuccessful And that was Debbie & Bianca after driving to the wrong side of the continent (seriously, I love typing that), and catching up to a team and almost making it to another leg.

I am curious in case of the Cowboys how much time they actually did gain, as y only started minutes after the other teams and their extra task didn't take up much time.  But to lazy to check.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2011, 11:29:56 PM »
Flamant777

The reason they used the cowboys in that example is they went from worst to first and an extra task all in one episode.  Meaning even after a travel equalizer they started last on that leg, and with no other equalizer completed all tasks as well as another and finished first.

Charla & Mirna are not the only team to start off extremely poorly then end up winning two legs in a row and making it into the finale three.  Teri & Ian are another example of this.

I would also like to add one that was completely unsuccessful And that was Debbie & Bianca after driving to the wrong side of the continent (seriously, I love typing that), and catching up to a team and almost making it to another leg.

I am curious in case of the Cowboys how much time they actually did gain, as y only started minutes after the other teams and their extra task didn't take up much time.  But to lazy to check.

Actually it was just because of the Detour.. but props to Cowboys for even managing that.. but not a moment I would want to remember because Steve and Allie, obviously the nicest remaining team of the final 6 for that season, got eliminated. :'(

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2011, 11:31:31 PM »
NSFW moment..... I would say the brazillian waxing task in TAR 18. :lol:

Especially the part where you have Zev and Justin's hairy chest... your colleagues might think you have a fetish for something. :lol:

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2011, 11:44:58 PM »
Flamant777

True, but the cowboys got incredibly lucky in winning that leg. As I outlined in my account of running the Penang leg myself, I found that the detour choices were was extremely imbalanced. As well as being a shorter drive from both the roadblock and the Snake Temple, Jet & Cord's detour was also shorter and on one of the most well known spots on the island. The other option was also incredibly hard to find;  even locals  didn't have a clue what I was talking about. Also, the Speed Bump would have cost them at most 15 minutes. They were also lucky that nobody else chose their side of the detour!

So for sure, a lot of things will have to go right  if another team is to ever accomplish this feat again!

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2011, 12:10:43 AM »
Flamant777

Actually it was just because of the Detour.. but props to Cowboys for even managing that.. but not a moment I would want to remember because Steve and Allie, obviously the nicest remaining team of the final 6 for that season, got eliminated. :'(
I liked Steve & Allie, but I wanted them gone after not going back for their packs (seriously huge leads over all the teams except one, and you never know when that tuck tape, or you know warmer clothes might have come in handy).  I was really hoping they would have next gone to some cold as climate, just to make a point.

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2011, 12:23:42 AM »
In case you couldn't see it:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/igX3X7H0OGQ?version=3&amp;amp;hl" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/igX3X7H0OGQ?version=3&amp;amp;hl</a>

Why is Phil wearing a 'play' button?!

Offline GabyM

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2011, 08:02:44 AM »

BEST LOL MOMENT: Swiss Cheese Task in First Leg of TAR14 I'd pick the Brats detour on TAR6...between Bolo deciding to eat the raw sausage mixture, and the editors choosing the most "interesting" quotes for that particular task, I kept cracking up every time
BEST OVERACHIEVING MOMENT: Charla Carries 55 lbs of Beef on her back, TAR5 Agree
BEST DISPLAY OF KARMA: Uchenna & Joyce shave their heads for Fast Forward... then win TAR7 My pick would be Adam & Rebecca using the yield on Freddy & Kendra in the Ethiopia leg, and then coming in second to last place
BEST FINISH: Chris & Alex Pass Tara & Wil to win TAR2 Agree
BEST NSFW MOMENT: Underwear Running Road Block in Russia, TAR14 I'd choose Jon doing the last RB completely in the nude
BEST BREAKDOWN: Mika is Afraid of a Water Slide in Dubai, TAR15 (I'd have chosen Flo in the Vietnam.) Colin has plenty of those during TAR5...almost going to jail, losing it because he can't find a chocolate with a white center, "My Ox Is Broken", and the bricks
BEST COMEBACK: Jet & Cord Last to First, TAR16 Alien Overall, I'd choose Chip & Kim...going all the way from 8th in leg 1 to winning the million
BEST OMG MOMENT: Claire's Watermelon Smash, TAR17 Agreed
MOST HEART WRENCHING MOMENT: Luke Loses the Million Dollars, TAR14 Alien I'd choose either the orphanage in TAR7, Gus crying at the slave house, or the Cho bros taking time to reflect on what the Hanoi Hilton stood for
BEST HISTORY MAKING MOMENT: Nat & Kat Are the First All-Female Team to Win TAR, TAR17. Either that one or Chip & Reichen being the first couple to win TAR

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2011, 02:43:37 PM »
In case you couldn't see it:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/igX3X7H0OGQ?version=3&amp;amp;hl" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/igX3X7H0OGQ?version=3&amp;amp;hl</a>
because Phil wants me to come out and play!

Why is Phil wearing a 'play' button?!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2011, 02:49:44 PM »
I am so never living this one down!  :-[

:lol: :lol: :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2011, 08:12:25 PM »
It's like one of those flash adult games, where you get the clothes to come off and try to achieve lift off.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2011, 04:23:13 AM »
It's like one of those flash adult games, where you get the clothes to come off and try to achieve lift off.

Bad boy.. mswood... BAD BOY! :lol: :knuckles:

Offline TheZanies

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2011, 03:42:59 PM »
BEST LOL MOMENT: Swiss Cheese Task in First Leg of TAR14...so many to choose from, this one is as good as any, I guess.

BEST OVERACHIEVING MOMENT: Charla Carries 55 lbs of Beef on her back, TAR5...props to Charla (and screw you, Mirna, no reason, I never tire of saying that). I'll go with Lena during that bales of hay RB in Sweden. Granted, she didn't finish it, but it sure wasn't for lack of trying, I don't know many people who'd have stuck to that awful and back-bending task for 8 hours like she did.

BEST DISPLAY OF KARMA: Uchenna & Joyce shave their heads for Fast Forward... then win TAR7...Huh? Joyce shaved her head because if she didn't it'd probably have meant they were goners that leg, she HAD to do it, I honestly don't see what was the big deal about it. I'll go with Gaby's choice: Adam & Rebecca yielding Freddy & Kendra then BAM! Adam screws up the RB running outside the church like an idiot. THAT is karma!

BEST FINISH: Chris & Alex Pass Tara & Wil to win TAR2...yep, not even close. They said the S6 finish could have been as close had that stupid train not stopped Jon & Kris dead in their tracks, they were (supposedly) right behind Freddy & Kendra and we all know Kris would have made serious ground on Kendra in a foot race. Guess we'll never know.

BEST NSFW MOMENT: Underwear Running Road Block in Russia, TAR14...I'll go with Jon's naked RB in S4.

BEST BREAKDOWN: Mika is Afraid of a Water Slide in Dubai, TAR15 (I'd have chosen Flo in the Vietnam.)...a tie between those two for me. At least in Flo's case, I could understand it (that wasn't an easy task); afraid of water? like mswood would say, seriously? LOL OK, I reconsidered, Mika wins the award.

BEST COMEBACK: Jet & Cord Last to First, TAR16 Alien...Bleh, whatever. I'm sure they weren't the first team to go from last one leg to first the next. Can't think of a better instance, though.

BEST OMG MOMENT: Claire's Watermelon Smash, TAR17...without a doubt.

MOST HEART WRENCHING MOMENT: Luke Loses the Million Dollars, TAR14 Alien...pure dumbassery. How was that heart-wrenching? It assumes most people were pulling for Luke that season. I beg to differ, the majority of people I know did NOT want Luke to win that season, so for those of us, it was the opposite of heart-wrenching, actually. Very satisfying  :) I know Luke posts here from time to time (credit to him there) and thereby has many friends here, all I can go on is from watching him on telly and he came across as a whiny little girl. To me anyhow. I'll go with Lena at the hay bales RB again. Heart-wrenching stuff  :'(

BEST HISTORY MAKING MOMENT: Nat & Kat Are the First All-Female Team to Win TAR, TAR17...easy winner.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2011, 03:32:29 PM »
So, being so upset over most of CBS' choices for best moments, I decided to come up with more than a couple of my own...

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLB5DEFE792E1E4B47

:hearts:
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 03:35:40 PM by dryedmangoez »

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2011, 08:40:21 PM »
Excellent work dryedmangoez! You did a better job than CBS :colors
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2011, 10:42:22 PM »
I loved EVERY single one you chose! Great job!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2011, 10:47:25 PM »
I forgot how unbelievably calm Zach was. He should have been on the original list as the Best Overachieving Moment Person.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 10:50:35 PM by Best Loser »

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2011, 08:56:41 AM »
dryedmangoez,

Thank you for providing a unique viewing experience! I loved reliving the great moments of the Amazing Race that you provided.

Offline TheZanies

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2011, 05:48:54 PM »
Excellent work dryedmangoez! You did a better job than CBS :colors

Very well done. Whilst I may not agree with all your choices, the quality is excellent, very professionally done  :tup:

You also made me change my mind - your Mirna & Charla pipping Romber choice for Best Karma is exponentially better than my and CBS' choices.