Author Topic: Top 10 Amazing Race Moments  (Read 43694 times)

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
Top 10 Amazing Race Moments
« on: September 13, 2011, 10:16:29 PM »
CBS.com has compiled the 10 most memorable moments from TAR's 10 years in this video: http://bit.ly/TARtop10

Do you agree with the choices?

The list:
BEST LOL MOMENT: Swiss Cheese Task in First Leg of TAR14
BEST OVERACHIEVING MOMENT: Charla Carries 55 lbs of Beef on her back, TAR5
BEST DISPLAY OF KARMA: Uchenna & Joyce shave their heads for Fast Forward... then win TAR7
BEST FINISH: Chris & Alex Pass Tara & Wil to win TAR2
BEST NSFW MOMENT: Underwear Running Road Block in Russia, TAR14
BEST BREAKDOWN: Mika is Afraid of a Water Slide in Dubai, TAR15 (I'd have chosen Flo in the Vietnam.)
BEST COMEBACK: Jet & Cord Last to First, TAR16 Alien
BEST OMG MOMENT: Claire's Watermelon Smash, TAR17
MOST HEART WRENCHING MOMENT: Luke Loses the Million Dollars, TAR14 Alien
BEST HISTORY MAKING MOMENT: Nat & Kat Are the First All-Female Team to Win TAR, TAR17

Offline kevin2012

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Gangnam Style!
Re: Top 10 Amazing Race Moments
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011, 10:40:20 PM »
CBS.com has compiled the 10 most memorable moments from TAR's 10 years in this video: http://bit.ly/TARtop10

The list:
BEST LOL MOMENT: Swiss Cheese Task in First Leg of TAR14 - I agree that it was incredibly funny, but I prefer Charla and Mirna funny moments
BEST OVERACHIEVING MOMENT: Charla Carries 55 lbs of Beef on her back, TAR5 - good choice
BEST DISPLAY OF KARMA: Uchenna & Joyce shave their heads for Fast Forward... then win TAR7 - perfection
BEST FINISH: Chris & Alex Pass Tara & Wil to win TAR2 - I would have picked TAR3, but whatever
BEST NSFW MOMENT: Underwear Running Road Block in Russia, TAR14 - great choice
BEST BREAKDOWN: Mika is Afraid of a Water Slide in Dubai, TAR15 (I'd have chosen Flo in the Vietnam.) - absolutelyBEST COMEBACK: Jet & Cord Last to First - like this choice
BEST OMG MOMENT: Claire's Watermelon Smash, TAR17 - again, perfection
MOST HEART WRENCHING MOMENT: Luke Loses the Million Dollars - WTF? I can think of a thousand better choices, Like Millie in India, the orphanage in South Africa.
BEST HISTORY MAKING MOMENT: Nat & Kat Are the First All-Female Team to Win TAR, TAR17 - there's not a lot of "history making" moments, so I guess it's a good choice
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 11:15:00 PM by kevint2010 »
Bring on the 21!

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2011, 10:45:37 PM »
Not sure I'd agree with most of these. Here would be my list:

Best LOL Moment (appealing to the kids with this category?!): Either Dandrew attempting the marching detour in S13 or Adam stuck floating in a diving suit in Corsica, S6!

Best Overachieving Moment: Maybe Margie and Luke winning Leg 1 Season 14. Nobody expected it at the time but we now know they were always a very very strong team!

Best Display of Karma: I'd go with Brandy & Carol being U-turned and eliminated after their constant awful treatment of Caite in S17.

Best Finish: CBS got this one right

Best NSFW Moment: Either CBSs suggestion or the beach of Rio in S18 where seemingly everyone had to have their rear ends blurred out!

Best Breakdown: Either Mika or Victoria running to the pit stop in Berlin, S6. But this might be a sensitive one what with the tyrannical husband and clearly neither of them being quite right in the head..

Best Comeback: Yeah probably Jet and Cord in Penang, S17. Although the detours were severely imbalanced so they got lucky there!

Best OMG Moment: Hands down, Brian and Greg flipping their car in S7 and injuring the sound guy. I think thats the only time they've broken the fourth wall, maybe also when Margie fainted in S14.But CBS has to choose the watermelon, any opportunity to milk their first viral video!

Most Heartwrenching Moment: Only time I've ever shed a tear watching the race: Gus trying to hold it together at the slave prison in Senegal.

Historical Moment: I guess Nat & Kat, theres not really anything else to choose from is there?

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2011, 11:49:32 PM »
BEST LOL MOMENT: Swiss Cheese Task in First Leg of TAR14 - That was definitely hilarious, but there's also the Basket Bikes in TAR3 Vietnam for one.

BEST OVERACHIEVING MOMENT: Charla Carries 55 lbs of Beef on her back, TAR5 - Excellent choice.

BEST DISPLAY OF KARMA: Uchenna & Joyce shave their heads for Fast Forward... then win TAR7 - I don't know that this was even good karma per se.  The best displays of karma on TAR are when teams eventually get screwed over by their own foolishness/bitchiness. lol

BEST FINISH: Chris & Alex Pass Tara & Wil to win TAR2 - Definitely, there hasn't been a closer finish yet, save for TAR6.

BEST NSFW MOMENT: Underwear Running Road Block in Russia, TAR14 - The only real NSFW moment had to be Jon doing the final Road Block nude in TAR4. lol

BEST BREAKDOWN: Mika is Afraid of a Water Slide in Dubai, TAR15 - Like I said, I'd have chosen Flo. Any Flo moment really.  There's also the hilarious Weaver breakdown when they go crazy in the middle of the night in TAR8.

BEST COMEBACK: Jet & Cord Last to First, TAR16 - I guess.  But with the uselessness of the Speed Bump, and the poor leg designs in the more recent seasons, maybe a pre-TARAS last to first? If any?

BEST OMG MOMENT: Claire's Watermelon Smash, TAR17 - Good choice. Brian & Greg's jeep flipping over is another one too domel.  And staying with TAR7, Gretchen busting her head open underground is one too. 

Thinking about Meredith and Gretchen, that's actually a much better Best Comeback choice.  She busted her head open AND they were handed the first non-elim penality but survived all the way to Final 4.

MOST HEART WRENCHING MOMENT: Luke Loses the Million Dollars, TAR14 - Definitely not heart wrenching for me! lol Gus at the Door of No Return in TAR6, Charla & Mirna or the Gaghan's eliminations for me.

BEST HISTORY MAKING MOMENT: Nat & Kat Are the First All-Female Team to Win TAR, TAR17 - I guess, sorry to Chip & Kim being the first African-American team and first married couple to win TAR. lol

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2011, 12:29:54 AM »
BEST LOL MOMENT: Swiss Cheese Task in First Leg of TAR14 Ken & Gerard... I don't know, punting.
BEST OVERACHIEVING MOMENT: Charla Carries 55 lbs of Beef on her back, TAR5 I can't think of anything right now
BEST DISPLAY OF KARMA: Uchenna & Joyce shave their heads for Fast Forward... then win TAR7 I can't think of anything else, I'm tired
BEST FINISH: Chris & Alex Pass Tara & Wil to win TAR2 Yes
BEST NSFW MOMENT: Underwear Running Road Block in Russia, TAR14 Yeah, Jon from season 4
BEST BREAKDOWN: Mika is Afraid of a Water Slide in Dubai, TAR15 It should've been Colin. There're plenty of things to choose from: oxen, jail, bricks...
BEST COMEBACK: Jet & Cord Last to First, TAR16 Brian & Greg flip their car and then beat the least liked team in a footrace?
BEST OMG MOMENT: Claire's Watermelon Smash, TAR17 But the car flipping can't be on the list twice. I guess I'm just listing options
MOST HEART WRENCHING MOMENT: Luke Loses the Million Dollars, TAR14 I've got to take someone else's answer again and say the House of Slaves in season 6
BEST HISTORY MAKING MOMENT: Nat & Kat Are the First All-Female Team to Win TAR, TAR17 Why not Rob & Brennan being the first winners?

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2011, 02:27:25 AM »
EST LOL MOMENT: Swiss Cheese Task in First Leg of TAR14 How about we pick something that was actually funny, instead of something producers designed with the purpose of having people fall over?

BEST OVERACHIEVING MOMENT: Charla Carries 55 lbs of Beef on her back, TAR5 Frank and Margarita hike to the Boiling Pot, moments after the 30 odd years junior Rob and Brennan declare nobody else could have done it

BEST DISPLAY OF KARMA: Uchenna & Joyce shave their heads for Fast Forward... then win TAR7 Ray and Deana don't give Meredith and Gretchin any money, then get swiftly eliminated despite having a flipped car head start.

BEST FINISH: Chris & Alex Pass Tara & Wil to win TAR2 Is there any other choice?

BEST BREAKDOWN: Mika is Afraid of a Water Slide in Dubai, TAR15 Flo vs Helmets, Fruit selling, Bikes, Trains & The Vietnam Train System

BEST COMEBACK: Jet & Cord Last to First, TAR16 Brian and Greg. That is all.

BEST OMG MOMENT: Claire's Watermelon Smash, TAR17 If we could include TAR Brazil, it would have to be the robbery. If not, I would say the Rape Train in India.

MOST HEART WRENCHING MOMENT: Luke Loses the Million Dollars, TAR14 The slave house. Nothing else comes close, not even Kendra could derail the beauty of the moment.

BEST HISTORY MAKING MOMENT: Nat & Kat Are the First All-Female Team to Win TAR, TAR17 Tian being the first woman ever to compete in the bull dragging.

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2011, 03:32:00 AM »
BEST LOL MOMENT: Swiss Cheese Task in First Leg of TAR14  My ox is broken need I say more?
BEST OVERACHIEVING MOMENT: Charla Carries 55 lbs of Beef on her back, TAR5  Gretchen with blood on her face wanting to finish the task TAR 7 South Africa.
BEST DISPLAY OF KARMA: Uchenna & Joyce shave their heads for Fast Forward... then win TAR7 I prefer moments when teams do something bad and karma turns and bites them in the ass.
BEST FINISH: Chris & Alex Pass Tara & Wil to win TAR2 absolutely the best
BEST NSFW MOMENT: Underwear Running Road Block in Russia, TAR14 agree
BEST BREAKDOWN: Mika is Afraid of a Water Slide in Dubai, TAR15 Flo in Portugal, in Switzerland, in Vietnam.... constantly on breakdown
BEST COMEBACK: Jet & Cord Last to First, TAR16 in one leg I agree but as a whole perfomance I would prefer Ken ang gerard from TAR 3, almost eliminated at the first leg and then reaching the final
BEST OMG MOMENT: Claire's Watermelon Smash, TAR17 car flipping in TAR 7, the only time we saw someone get seriously hurt in TAR
MOST HEART WRENCHING MOMENT: Luke Loses the Million Dollars, TAR14 slave house
BEST HISTORY MAKING MOMENT: Nat & Kat Are the First All-Female Team to Win TAR, TAR17 TAR 1 starting line in Central Park, where everything started!

P.S Can someone convert the video so we see it? Please!

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2011, 03:41:38 AM »
Here it is on YouTube if it isn't blocked too: http://youtu.be/DtXkTi8--uw

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2011, 07:23:51 AM »
My adjustments:

BEST LOL MOMENT: Swiss Cheese Task in First Leg of TAR14 I laughed so hard at that I can't disagree
BEST DISPLAY OF KARMA: Uchenna & Joyce shave their heads for Fast Forward... then win TAR7 I don't really understand this choice
BEST FINISH: Chris & Alex Pass Tara & Wil to win TAR2 of course
BEST NSFW MOMENT: Underwear Running Road Block in Russia, TAR14 whatever
BEST BREAKDOWN: Mika is Afraid of a Water Slide in Dubai, TAR15 Colin's taxicab drama was much better
BEST COMEBACK: Jet & Cord Last to First, TAR16 I agree
BEST OMG MOMENT: Claire's Watermelon Smash, TAR17 I guess so
MOST HEART WRENCHING MOMENT: Luke Loses the Million Dollars, TAR14 I have the most disagreement with this one. No matter what you think about Luke, I would rather see a case where teams encountered human suffering or poverty, not where someone was frustrated about a task. Also I am tired of how they portray Luke as some kind of heartbreaking character. It is an insult to him really.
BEST HISTORY MAKING MOMENT: Nat & Kat Are the First All-Female Team to Win TAR, TAR17
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2011, 09:54:30 AM »
Thanks for sharing this dryedmango...love it!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2011, 10:01:23 AM »
Here are my comments on the list:

BEST LOL MOMENT: Swiss Cheese Task in First Leg of TAR14  That was funny, but the real LOL moment for me was when Nate & Jen's donkey hee-hawed at them right after Jen told Nate not to yell (while yelling herself).  It sounded so much like the donkey was laughing!   :lol3:  I also preferred "My Ox was Broken!" from Colin.
BEST OVERACHIEVING MOMENT: Charla Carries 55 lbs of Beef on her back, TAR5  Can't disagree with that one.
BEST DISPLAY OF KARMA: Uchenna & Joyce shave their heads for Fast Forward... then win TAR7  I'd put that in a tie with Kat eating meat despite being a vegetarian and then winning TAR 14.
BEST FINISH: Chris & Alex Pass Tara & Wil to win TAR2  I think that would be the best one because it's the closest one -- and because I loved seeing Wil lose!
BEST NSFW MOMENT: Underwear Running Road Block in Russia, TAR14  What is NSFW?  Anyway, I agree.
BEST BREAKDOWN: Mika is Afraid of a Water Slide in Dubai, TAR15 (I'd have chosen Flo in the Vietnam.)  Either Mika's fear or Flo's breakdown in Vietnam will do.
BEST COMEBACK: Jet & Cord Last to First, TAR16 Alien  I like this choice, but Colin's catching up to Karen at the Roadblock in the Philippines was also great.
BEST OMG MOMENT: Claire's Watermelon Smash, TAR17  I agree.
MOST HEART WRENCHING MOMENT: Luke Loses the Million Dollars, TAR14 Alien  Lena's failure with the hay bales was more heartbraking for me.
BEST HISTORY MAKING MOMENT: Nat & Kat Are the First All-Female Team to Win TAR, TAR17  OH YEAH!

Belle Book
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 07:42:23 PM by Belle Book »

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2011, 10:05:27 AM »
Here it is on YouTube if it isn't blocked too: http://youtu.be/DtXkTi8--uw

Also geoblocked, sadly.

What is NSFW?

It means Not Safe For Work. Basically it refers to something that would get you fired on the spot if your boss caught you watching it. (ie. Adult Film)

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2011, 12:44:26 PM »
I agree with half of the CBS list, but here are some alternatives I like better than their choices:

LOL Moment- this has got to be Andrew marching at the Kolosok Military Camp in Russia in AR13

Comeback - I like Colin using his extreme sports background to demolish Karen's 40 minute lead and overtake her on Lagen Wall, El Nido Island, Philippines

OMG Moment - Rob and Amber sitting on the American Airlines plane pull back in to pick up Uchenna and Joyce, taking aware their guaranteed victory

Heart-Wrenching Moment - either 1. Jeff and David made a split-second decision in Cairns, Australia to fly to Sydney 3 hours away while the other two F3 teams went north to Tokyo. Jeff and David discovered in Sydney there wee no flights until the next day. This put them almost one day behind and gave them no chance at a win or
2. Lena tackles the hay bales at Bogs Gard farm in Sweden, failing to find a single clue in 100 tries when 7.7% of the bales had clues or
3. Gaghans get eliminated in Costa Rica after Tammy failed to find one red bean in 800,000 non-red beans for a long time

Offline StephenWasHere

• RFF Full Member
  • *gasp* You are SUCH a liar, Tom!
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2011, 04:58:55 PM »
BEST LOL MOMENT: Swiss Cheese Task in First Leg of TAR14. I disagree. I found it funny, but I thought My Ox is Broken was better
BEST OVERACHIEVING MOMENT: Charla Carries 55 lbs of Beef on her back, TAR5 No complaints here
BEST DISPLAY OF KARMA: Uchenna & Joyce shave their heads for Fast Forward... then win TAR7 Really? I was thinking the Cho's giving Kentucky the FF in Kuwait.
BEST FINISH: Chris & Alex Pass Tara & Wil to win TAR2 Yes!
BEST BREAKDOWN: Mika is Afraid of a Water Slide in Dubai, TAR15 Eh, no. Colin's Jail was better
BEST COMEBACK: Jet & Cord Last to First, TAR16 I disagree. I think this was more of a selection to please fans of the Cowboys. I don't think this was the best comeback. The leg was kinda wonky if I remember right.
BEST OMG MOMENT: Claire's Watermelon Smash, TAR17 Yes!
MOST HEART WRENCHING MOMENT: Luke Loses the Million Dollars, TAR14. This is one that I don't get at all. I mean, it was sad, yes, but to call it the most "heart wrenching moment" is far from the truth. Slave house in TAR 6, Gaghan's elim in TAR 8, David/Mary's elim in TAR 10, and Zev/Justin's Elims in TAR 15/18 are all more heart wrenching than this imo.
TAR25- Shelley/Nici, Amy/Maya, Kym/Alli, Keith/Whitney
Survivor SJDS: Natalie, Jeremy, Baylor

Offline slayton

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2011, 05:30:54 PM »
I don't know who actually decided on the list, but I think there's something wrong with having 3 moments from the first 7 seasons, and 7 from the last 5.

For CBS to call it "Top 10 Amazing Race Moments" and not include Brian & Greg wrecking their car is outrageous.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2011, 07:41:11 PM »
I agree with half of the CBS list, but here are some alternatives I like better than their choices:

LOL Moment- this has got to be Andrew marching at the Kolosok Military Camp in Russia in AR13

Comeback - I like Colin using his extreme sports background to demolish Karen's 40 minute lead and overtake her on Lagen Wall, El Nido Island, Philippines

OMG Moment - Rob and Amber sitting on the American Airlines plane pull back in to pick up Uchenna and Joyce, taking aware their guaranteed victory

Heart-Wrenching Moment - either 1. Jeff and David made a split-second decision in Cairns, Australia to fly to Sydney 3 hours away while the other two F3 teams went north to Tokyo. Jeff and David discovered in Sydney there wee no flights until the next day. This put them almost one day behind and gave them no chance at a win or
2. Lena tackles the hay bales at Bogs Gard farm in Sweden, failing to find a single clue in 100 tries when 7.7% of the bales had clues or
3. Gaghans get eliminated in Costa Rica after Tammy failed to find one red bean in 800,000 non-red beans for a long time

I forgot about Lena's heartbreaking demise at the Roadblock.  In fact, I'm editing my picks to have that be the most heartbreaking moment.

Belle Book

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2011, 02:25:38 AM »

The list:
BEST LOL MOMENT: Swiss Cheese Task in First Leg of TAR14
BEST DISPLAY OF KARMA: Uchenna & Joyce shave their heads for Fast Forward... then win TAR7
BEST FINISH: Chris & Alex Pass Tara & Wil to win TAR2
BEST BREAKDOWN: Mika is Afraid of a Water Slide in Dubai, TAR15 (I'd have chosen Flo in the Vietnam.)
BEST COMEBACK: Jet & Cord Last to First, TAR16 Alien
BEST OMG MOMENT: Claire's Watermelon Smash, TAR17
MOST HEART WRENCHING MOMENT: Luke Loses the Million Dollars, TAR14 Alien

Those that I bold are the ones I really agree with. The best karma moment can be also be when BJ and Tyler Yielded MoJo and then come in last. Or BQ's Yielded Bamas and come in last.

As for most heart wrenching moment, Lena and Kristy eliminated (Hello, they had a Switchback based on it), Meredith and Gretchen eliminated... anymore? I don't think Luke losing the million dollars is heart wrenching, because the best team should win.. BUT, the luck based RB which resulted in them being eliminated in India for UB was more heartwrenching.

Best Comeback.. nothing much about Jet and Cord from last to first. I think Uchenna and Joyce from 3rd place in the previous NEL and then win... (within a 2hours finale) had a BIGGER comeback moment. In fact, when Colin and Christie CAUGHT up with Bowling Moms (EEGGRGRGRGRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH moment) but you gotta agree that was indeed a huge comeback.

Best Breakdown.. TOO MANY. :lol3:

Victoria being shoved by Jonathan. Freddy screaming his head off. Hayden not being able to find the key to the correct lock. FLO IN VIETNAM gets my vote. It was not sad to watch, but hilarious to watch how she just rowed around helplessly in her oval shaped like paddle boat and then sink. That was golden classic moment! :lol:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2011, 02:29:05 AM »
BEST OVERACHIEVING MOMENT has to be Meredith and Gretchen... THROUGHOUT the race. :lol:

Hello, they beat teams like Lynn and Alex, Brian and Greg and Ray and Deana OKAY? And that was after they were stripped of ALL their money AND Gretchen having a bad fall with bloody head.

Why isn't there a MOST INSPIRING MOMENT/HEARTWARMING??

:)

I guess TAR has too many good moments!!!!!!! :tup:

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2011, 04:23:22 AM »
I don't know who actually decided on the list, but I think there's something wrong with having 3 moments from the first 7 seasons, and 7 from the last 5.

For CBS to call it "Top 10 Amazing Race Moments" and not include Brian & Greg wrecking their car is outrageous.
I'm actually surprised they HAVE ANY moments from any pre-TARAS seasons. lol
Since their belief, apparently, is no one cares or remembers anything about pre-TARAS seasons.  :groan:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2011, 11:03:38 PM »
In case you couldn't see it:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/igX3X7H0OGQ?version=3&amp;amp;hl" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/igX3X7H0OGQ?version=3&amp;amp;hl</a>
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2011, 12:27:06 AM »
Though I am a little upset that they used mostly post-All Stars seasons, it's not possible to make a list that everyone agrees with. I guess I'm just glad that they did something like this.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2011, 12:45:00 PM »
In case you couldn't see it:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/igX3X7H0OGQ?version=3&amp;amp;hl" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/igX3X7H0OGQ?version=3&amp;amp;hl</a>

Perhaps it's different on other people's computers, but on mine, that's the most strategically placed play button of all time.  :lol3:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2011, 12:57:31 PM »
:lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

Best laugh of the day!!

Heh...trust me to upload in style!! :funny: :funny: :funny:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2011, 11:21:46 PM »
BEST LOL MOMENT: Brian & Greg going to the Mat in swim trunks and Scarves, just praying to get non eliminated, "Ladies & Gentlemen Miss California", Clowns playing in Poo, Oswald & Danny chasing Phil around the Mat.
BEST OVERACHIEVING MOMENT: Moms making the Climb (great moment even in losing), Mary Jean (Giving her all caring the salt, making hellboy look like a punk), Lena & Christy for not giving up.
BEST DISPLAY OF KARMA: Rob & Amber (well Rob) dismissing Uchenna & Joyce and the old team, and discovering they are two hours behind.  Same Season Ray (not Deana, just Ray) talking about putting Gretchen & Meredith out of their misery as a kindness, when in fact Gretchen & Meredith survive long after them.
BEST FINISH: Brian & Greg after their accident over talking Ray & Deana to the Mat,  followed very close by Chris & Alex Pass Tara & Wil to win TAR2.  Paul & Amie directed by production to their desert pit stop and the full cast out all together so happy that they are ok (always nice to see the racers actually care)
BEST NSFW MOMENT: Blurring the apparently excessive awesome crotches of Sam & Dan (Fear the gay penis, yum brothers.....), Jon's bare ass in Hawaii.  Careful with that hammer buddy.
BEST BREAKDOWN: Flo Vietnam (Seriously not just a fear breakdown but literally her entire spirit to date the worst thats ever happened), Mika for being completely overcome by fear on something so basic, Colin and his Ox (biggest breakdown for an power house racer).
BEST COMEBACK: Zach managing to plead, beg, and push Flo across the finish line.
BEST OMG MOMENT: Jonathan pushing Victoria around and screaming at her on the Mat.  Seriously OMG, this is not happening.  Brian & Greg Vehicle overturning.  Freddy puking in his own bowl that he has to eat.  Charla sticking a knife (yes a knife) down her throat to make herself sick.
MOST HEART WRENCHING MOMENT: Gus slave house (seriously how they didn't get that is utterly beyond me), Nathan & Jennifer's closing moment away from the Mat questioning there future together.  We have had teams breakup (Lenny & Karyn painful to watch), teams grow closer, people feel they've let a partner or a loved one down (when you know the other still loved them and respected them), but this is the only time, I truly felt that a team that really cared for each other, didn't know if they had a future together.
BEST HISTORY MAKING MOMENT: Tar managing to stay alive after being preempted for 9/11, surprising that american's attitudes didn't doom the show.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 11:30:00 PM by mswood »

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2011, 11:11:10 AM »
Jonathan screaming at and then pushing Victoria was also a great OMG moment -- though one I'd be happy to forget!  I wanted to strangle Jonathan!

Belle Book