Author Topic: Suggestions for BB 14  (Read 13426 times)

Offline PLG1962

• RFF Not So Newbie
Suggestions for BB 14
« on: September 08, 2011, 08:17:24 PM »
I'd like to see some changes made that the Australian version had that it seems the US doesn't but then again this is my first year watching it

Everyone should nominate and give a valid reason as to why they chose that HG
Public should decide who gets voted out
More social interaction and less about "playing the game" but then again i'm not watching Up Late so that could be covered that

What changes would you guys/gals like to see

Oh and if this group was in the Australian one Rachel would of been out first :)
And Dominic would still be in
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 10:23:00 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline ThunderStruck

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: BB 14
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2011, 08:35:59 PM »
Everyone should nominate and give a valid reason as to why they chose that HG
Public should decide who gets voted out

Oh and if this group was in the Australian one Rachel would of been out first :)
And Dominic would still be in
I would not vote Rachel out. But I like your concept!!! I think if I could change something it would be two eliminations a week so it doesn't drag on

Offline bbjunkey

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Suggestion for BB 14
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2011, 10:10:17 PM »
I'd eliminate the DE.  Just not fair to anyone.  I'd also stretch out the comps.  After HOH give it more than 24 hrs. to nominate someone.  Seems like the comps are all done in very quick succession -- then everyone sits around for days!! 

Offline del227

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2011, 10:19:16 PM »
All Newbies next year..get rid of Pandora's Box..no DPOV..no twists no duos..let these people play the game..not much to ask for  :tup:

Offline KitKat

• RFF's Kitty Kat
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2011, 10:23:32 PM »
How about BB narrows the list of possibilities to 100 and then gives the fans a chance to select at least half the hgs  :tup:
delightful just delightful

Offline Paisley

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Vintagerie Ephemera Ye Olde Curio Shoppe
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2011, 12:32:57 AM »
How about BB narrows the list of possibilities to 100 and then gives the fans a chance to select at least half the hgs  :tup:

:winner  That would be awesome!!!

I don't like the idea of voting out houseguests either, but voting them in?  You betcha!

Offline PLG1962

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: Suggestions for BB 14
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2011, 12:51:39 AM »
That's how it was done here with evictions

3 HG would be nominated then the public would call a 1 900 number and select which HG they would evict
Then at the eviction show on Sunday the person with the most amount of calls would leave

Offline PLG1962

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2011, 09:32:47 AM »
Oh and to add something to my last post when the HG would arrive at the studio as the house was like a 5 minute drive and it would go to a commercial break after the HG was evicted there was a live studio audience and the yells and screams was like the HG's were rock stars

Oh looks like Australia will have  BB next year

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2011/09/big-brother-secrets-to-air-on-nine-in-2012.html

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2011, 11:23:25 AM »
Two suggestions:

1.  All new players -- no returning ones.  The returning ones have an unfair advantage.  Or if you have to have returning players, pick those who are good at the game and not just good for drama.

2.  Let us choose some of the houseguests.

Belle Book

Offline bbjunkey

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2011, 01:26:55 PM »
show more of the jury house -- maybe a separate feed??

Offline ThunderStruck

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2011, 12:09:01 AM »
A "Swap Card" Competition at the Jury House held in the third week of Jury (can't mess with the F4). The winner of the "Swap Card" gets to swap places with someone in the BB house! It could be "Swap Card" holder's choice or pick a name out of a bag!!!  :wohoo:

Offline yonderhills

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2011, 09:31:07 AM »
To encourage houseguests to compete, have a points system where a houseguest gains points for every competition won. 

5 points for HOH, 5 points for POV, 3 points for have/have not, 2 points for coming in second in HOH or POV. 

Where points would apply is if the houseguests are in a competition and it comes down to a tie-breaker question. 

Instead of answering a question where the answer is a number, the houseguest with the most points could choose a tie-breaker game. 

It could be something that houseguest is good at, like throwing darts (I don't think they have a dartboard in the BB house).

Or free throws at a basketball net (they had a basketball net in BB2, they could bring it back).

Or a quick hand of blackjack where the houseguest with the most points gets to be dealer and in blackjack, tie goes to the dealer.

Or a quick game of 3 ball on the pooltable where the person with the most points gets to break.

Or a trivia question where the person with the most points gets to pick the category.

Or some other game I haven't thought of.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 09:38:01 AM by yonderhills »

Offline del227

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2011, 10:57:09 AM »
 :waves: TS..like the Swap card..that would be different and could really flip the house

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2011, 01:06:12 PM »
For those of you who say that having the public vote out houseguests is a bad idea - remember the absolute first season of the show? Yeah. America voted people out. So it's plausible.

My suggestions:
  • Do not bring anyone back. That concept got stale in an instant.
  • On another level, have them be complete strangers. I feel as though seasons work better when alliances aren't formed from people who know each other.
  • Speaking of not knowing each other, stop casting people who know past houseguests.
  • And while you're at it, stop casting based on looks. Get some people who are everyday Joes.
  • Stop with Pandora's Box. It was fun the first time you yanked it out, but it gets old quick when Jessie keeps showing up in it.
  • No duos, regardless of the voting process. Let everyone play as individuals.
  • And yeah, I agree with spreading the HOH ceremony/Veto/Veto ceremony out a few days.
I thought that when we fought, I was to blame
Now I know you play a different game
I've seen you dance with danger; still wanting more
Add another number to the score

Offline coolio

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2011, 08:50:28 PM »
Really? I enjoy Pandora's box. But they need to be more creative. I liked the one when the guy got his hand stuck in a hole, while he watched everyone else get money.

I had one. Let's say Joe was just evicted, and Bob's HOH. Bob opens Pandora's box and is locked inside until the eviction show. Joe returns to take Bob's place only for that week. Joe then leaves at the eviction show along with the eliminated houseguest.

Offline yonderhills

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2011, 09:43:06 PM »
Here's an idea for pandora's box.  The HOH opens it, wins 5G.  Then the most recently evicted HG returns and claims the title omnipotent HOH.  This HOH then places all the HGs on the block.  There is no POV, and the HGs are told the only way they can get themselves off the block is to try and bribe the HOH with a prize they have won, like a trip or money.  In the end it is all a farce, no one is evicted.  It is just an opportunity for the most recently evicted HG to try and scam some prizes from the remaining HGs. 

Offline coolio

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2011, 04:00:03 PM »
Welcome to RFF Yonderhills!  :hrt:

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2011, 06:13:18 PM »
Here's an idea for pandora's box.  The HOH opens it, wins 5G.  Then the most recently evicted HG returns and claims the title omnipotent HOH.  This HOH then places all the HGs on the block.  There is no POV, and the HGs are told the only way they can get themselves off the block is to try and bribe the HOH with a prize they have won, like a trip or money.  In the end it is all a farce, no one is evicted.  It is just an opportunity for the most recently evicted HG to try and scam some prizes from the remaining HGs.

That would be a neat twist!

Belle Book

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2011, 07:20:49 PM »
Maybe a brief history lesson is in order.

The first season of the US version followed the international model, where the HGs all were involved in nominations, and the public voted on evictions.  It failed miserably with the US audience.
Shapiro and Grodner were brought in by CBS to create a concept for BB that would fly in the US market.  That's where the HOH originated; the veto came along later. Early seasons also had the HGs competing for luxuries and for their food for the week. The new model was first used in 2001; and because of 9/11 the final houseguests in the house (Dr. Will and Nicole) didn't leave until the very end of September. And the houseguests were told about the 9/11 attacks, and given access to a TV, the third remaining houseguest, Monica, had a relative woo worked in the WTC and was among those who were never found.

So I doubt you will ever the international format used in the US versions. I understand that the US version does borrow other features from the international format, and other countries have borrowed from the US version.
-- theschnauzers

Offline ThunderStruck

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2011, 11:09:16 PM »
How about the Jury stays in the BB house...no jury house. They can't play or win anything...but they stay in the house to keep up the drama and continue as best they can to influence the game.  OH YEA  :knuckles:

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2011, 09:58:57 AM »
Early seasons also had the HGs competing for luxuries and for their food for the week.

And to add to this - if houseguests didn't win food, they would have to eat PB&J sandwiches. I don't know when the slop came into play.
I thought that when we fought, I was to blame
Now I know you play a different game
I've seen you dance with danger; still wanting more
Add another number to the score

Offline Sandra1991

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2011, 10:18:12 AM »
I don't know if they ever did this on BB US - but on the Portuguese BB the houseguests had a certain amount of money that they used to do all the shopping - they made their own shopping list for the week. They had to earn that money by doing certain tasks and the amout of money they had depended on their performance on those tasks.

Offline unbelievable

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2011, 11:22:24 AM »
The one thing i would like to see above all  is the viewer puts 2 up on the block.  For me i would rather see everyone getting along....stop the backstabbing....and the throwing under the bus...if the viewer picks the nominee's and the houseguest want to stay in the game then they might need to have an attitude adjustment.  To me it takes a different approach to going up on the block...stops the alliances for power, the houseguest are forced to play for theirselves they still can try to lock in votes to stay in the house....( still play for HOH and still for Veto just HOH at the point of a Veto used can pick the houseguest to replace)  would give new meaning to HOH instead of Kiss my Butt or who they like or dislike as who plays the game.   As you are all reading this you know as well as i do some houseguest let power go to their heads, are annoying, or fly under the radar.  This way they have to play fair and most definately together  or bye bye shocked to see who America puts up on the block
Should be a way to make this work.

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• RFF's Goodwill Ambassador
  • I Live at RFF
  • No more wire hangers EVER!
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2011, 11:35:59 AM »
I think they should cast a magician!! first he/she would be super entertaining  for US..  cuz you know it has to be all about US!! :lol3:

second they dont have to reveal what they do! that would definitely be a plus in deception to the HG's. :snicker:

zero, zilch, nada, nothing!

Offline ThunderStruck

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2011, 12:19:19 PM »
The one thing i would like to see above all  is the viewer puts 2 up on the block. 

I love the idea of America doing the nominations! The HG's would be shocked to find out what we really think about them! You could also take the 3rd highest voted HG and make them the secret replacement nom if the Veto was used. Nobody would know who's going up next  :snicker:  The HOH could be the only way to fight for your safety and they should get luxury prizes through HOH only. No HOH = no cruise, cash or big screen TV!
...but Ugot put it best...
...would be super entertaining  for US..  cuz you know it has to be all about US!! :lol3: