Author Topic: S23 EP 1 "I Need Redemption"  (Read 56868 times)

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• RFF's Goodwill Ambassador
  • I Live at RFF
  • No more wire hangers EVER!
Re: S23 EP 1 "I Need Redemption"
« Reply #100 on: September 15, 2011, 09:00:24 AM »
I thought it was awesome that yet again a superfan is casted and he makes the critical super fan mistake..ADMITTING TO IT! :groan:

well at least he brought up Jonathan Penner as one of the notable players  because  tonight i get to talk with him in a podcast!!

There had to be a ton of TC footage left on that floor with cohran talking to save his :ass

OHH and whats with this "call me this" to jeff... Jeff is the HOST he can call you what ever he wants!

so now we have Cochran and Papa bear!!  I was really rooting for Marc.. but that whole papa bear thing was  him setting himself apart from the others with  their real names.

:lol3: too freakin funny when Sehmar wrote COOCHRAN :lol3: (coch-ran) :lol3:

zero, zilch, nada, nothing!

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #101 on: September 15, 2011, 09:14:28 AM »
so tell me deal with mark want be call  papa bear

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #102 on: September 15, 2011, 09:17:01 AM »
what was greast Preimer every love it i hope corchran bring game i hope discover that brandon russel nephen

Offline Squall

• RFF Jr. Member
  • There is reason to fear;Squall (the first) is here
« Reply #103 on: September 15, 2011, 09:42:49 AM »
I thought it was awesome that yet again a superfan is casted and he makes the critical super fan mistake..ADMITTING TO IT! :groan:

well at least he brought up Jonathan Penner as one of the notable players  because  tonight i get to talk with him in a podcast!!

There had to be a ton of TC footage left on that floor with cohran talking to save his :ass

OHH and whats with this "call me this" to jeff... Jeff is the HOST he can call you what ever he wants!

so now we have Cochran and Papa bear!!  I was really rooting for Marc.. but that whole papa bear thing was  him setting himself apart from the others with  their real names.

:lol3: too freakin funny when Sehmar wrote COOCHRAN :lol3: (coch-ran) :lol3:

I was surprised when people were really looking at Cochran as a target (honestly; i have no problem with nicknames or what not because it does set them apart from players with a similar name, hell, if i ever was in Big Brother or the Amazing race, i'd rather be known as Squall due to both good (Dr. Will, Big Brother) and Bad (Tara / Wil; Amazing Race 2) players sharing me real name, and my last name might cause a whole bunch of issues (i'll explain later)

But anyhow, i was wondering if the ruled stated that all 3 shooters must shoot the coconuts, because in reality if it was allowed; Semhar should have just spent time gathering coconuts for the two guys and that might have made a difference.  Its way too early for me to call favorites, might need to rewatch the episode as well. I hope Ozzy makes it far, I hope Cochran makes it far enough, everyone else......m'eh
"as long as you don't get your hopes up, you can take anything...you feel less pain" --> Squall
Host: The Mole: South Eastern Sabotage
Played: Fantasy Big Brother 2011 (Mythic) - Win | Survivor K: South Pacific: (Coach) - Runner Up

Offline Libby

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #104 on: September 15, 2011, 09:46:39 AM »
My Ozzy Monkey is BACK!!!!!

I think he should be on every single season.  It's so much fun to watch someone that has the blend of social game and competition strength.  His seasons have always been my favorites.  I pray he finds that idol so he does't get picked off once his tribe gets their feet underneath them and decide they don't need him.  I hope he DOES allign with the girls so he has votes in his favor.  And I like the marijuana guy (Jim?) but he's going to have to go if he's already targeting my future ex-husband.  That's just the way it goes.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #105 on: September 15, 2011, 10:13:58 AM »
That guy needs to go if he's targeting Ozzy!  :lol:

(Future ex-husband eh?)  ;)
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #106 on: September 15, 2011, 10:16:47 AM »
I don't like Jim either, but for different reasons. :lol:
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #107 on: September 15, 2011, 10:48:07 AM »
I'm excited for this season. I feel that we have a great cast, people who will really fight to win and not sit back and let their daddies do everything for them (cue Ometepe last season). I can't wait for the castaways to get sick of Coach and Ozzy and vote them off.

STARTING:
I felt bad for Coach for the welcome (or lack of) he was given. It made me feel that he shouldn't have been called back. Viewers aren't fond of him, castaways do not respect him that much, he's not a great strategist. He's just Probst's favourite. It didn't help him when he lost that challenge. But I have nothing against him for now, we'll see how he plays this season.

I'm surprised that Upolu won the challenge. Savaii just struck me as a tribe that would go on a winning streak, based on their dynamics. But well, that win from Upolu definitely saved Coach's butt (if he was on the hot seat).

Cochran... He didn't live up to my expectations. I had high hopes for him. A huge fan of the show, a Harvard student, I thought he'd be THE strategist. But his insecurity this episode kinda turned me off. BUT I'm not ruling him off. For some strange reason, I like this guy. He's gonna be the underdog and I'm kinda pulling for him to stay.

I kinda like Ozzy this season as well. He seems to have grown as a person. Of course, it's too early to say. But I really feel that it's gonna be a good season this time. Can't wait to see some strategies and blindsides!
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• I Live at RFF
« Reply #108 on: September 15, 2011, 11:17:35 AM »
dont get me wrong with the nicknames.. i have a few myself.. i just think they should be known maybe before  Tribal council! :lol: so probst doesnt look like an idiot..

:lol: he was like well ok.. what do you want me to call you?? and each time his face was  hysterical! :angel:

I think cohran has a hard battle ahead and may make some moves that wont be in his best interests in order to show he's not weak.. and we all know ther are alot of puzzle challenges so that may be a strength of his. who knows! :iok

Thats an interesting point you made squal about the ruling if all 3 people at the final part had to SHOOT the ball. I would send that off as a twitter question to probst.. im sure he would answer that  in a heart beat!

In fact i may just ask it tonight to  Jonathan Penner if you dont mind :-[

I think JIm is going to make himself a target by being so vocal. B:)

and finally Hantz: well there's only so long as a man you can go without taking your shirt off. Im surprised he didnt have a better back up plan as to why he has that name on himself.. like maybe  I'M NOT RELATED would work! :lol: 

with the previews it seems like Coach isnt to fond of being lied to by young hantz!! :snicker:

Offline Libby

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #109 on: September 15, 2011, 01:04:31 PM »
(Future ex-husband eh?)  ;)

I'm a realist. 

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #110 on: September 15, 2011, 01:16:31 PM »
Episode 2 title according to CBS schedule " He has Demons"

http://www.cbs.com/info/schedule/

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #111 on: September 15, 2011, 01:22:05 PM »
Thanks Kiki! Coach said the quote in the preview. :lol:
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline StephenWasHere

• RFF Full Member
  • *gasp* You are SUCH a liar, Tom!
« Reply #112 on: September 15, 2011, 02:34:17 PM »
Premiere: Overall, I loved it! Probably one of the best premieres in...a while. Also have my favorites which is something that rarely happens in a premiere of Survivor for me.

Boot: Given the choice between the two, I was THRILLED that Cochran stayed  :hearts: :hearts:

Cast: My favorite cast in a while! Maybe since China or Tocantins!

As of now, my 5 favorites (in order) are Dawn, Cochran, Edna, Sophie, and Papa Bear.

Really don't like Lil' Hantz at all, and Ozzy is just annoying.
TAR25- Shelley/Nici, Amy/Maya, Kym/Alli, Keith/Whitney
Survivor SJDS: Natalie, Jeremy, Baylor

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #113 on: September 16, 2011, 02:41:23 PM »
I like Edna. And I like how Coach's being humble and everything. I'm glad he took it the hard way, because it seems to really humble him alot.

ALSO, I feel that the first challenge between Ozzy and Coach was unfair right from the start and it seems like it was obvious who was going to win.

The Immunity Challenge was great and showed great teamwork skills. I'm glad Blue Tribe won because Orange tribe... too dysfunctional and I... am not a fan of Ozzy.

I like the personalities on Blue Tribe more and I hope they continue to do well. I think Lil Hantz has a good heart and he's one of my favourite as of now.

Not bad for a premiere, but I've seen better premiere... but this was decent. :tup:

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #114 on: September 16, 2011, 07:09:40 PM »
I like Edna. And I like how Coach's being humble and everything. I'm glad he took it the hard way, because it seems to really humble him alot.

ALSO, I feel that the first challenge between Ozzy and Coach was unfair right from the start and it seems like it was obvious who was going to win.

The Immunity Challenge was great and showed great teamwork skills. I'm glad Blue Tribe won because Orange tribe... too dysfunctional and I... am not a fan of Ozzy.

I like the personalities on Blue Tribe more and I hope they continue to do well. I think Lil Hantz has a good heart and he's one of my favourite as of now.

Not bad for a premiere, but I've seen better premiere... but this was decent. :tup:

I like Edna too.  I want her to do well!  And I'm glad Coach actually tried to work with his tribe!  Looks like he has been humbled!

I liked Ozzy in Cook Islands but I preferred Yul to him.  And Ozzy's still not one of my all-time favorite contestants.

Belle Book

Offline Squall

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #115 on: September 17, 2011, 02:14:27 AM »
dont get me wrong with the nicknames.. i have a few myself.. i just think they should be known maybe before  Tribal council! :lol: so probst doesnt look like an idiot..

:lol: he was like well ok.. what do you want me to call you?? and each time his face was  hysterical! :angel:

I think cohran has a hard battle ahead and may make some moves that wont be in his best interests in order to show he's not weak.. and we all know ther are alot of puzzle challenges so that may be a strength of his. who knows! :iok

Thats an interesting point you made squal about the ruling if all 3 people at the final part had to SHOOT the ball. I would send that off as a twitter question to probst.. im sure he would answer that  in a heart beat!

In fact i may just ask it tonight to  Jonathan Penner if you dont mind :-[

I think JIm is going to make himself a target by being so vocal. B:)

and finally Hantz: well there's only so long as a man you can go without taking your shirt off. Im surprised he didnt have a better back up plan as to why he has that name on himself.. like maybe  I'M NOT RELATED would work! :lol: 

with the previews it seems like Coach isnt to fond of being lied to by young hantz!! :snicker:

I feel like a dummy for not thinking about that question when survivor was airing; i just got around to tweeting the question to Probst, and hopefully i get a response. I had that exact thought (strategy wise) when watching the episode; but between following two chatrooms, survivor's feed, and his twitter; i had a mental malfunction

Even though i dont like coach, i think he does have a lot to offer
"as long as you don't get your hopes up, you can take anything...you feel less pain" --> Squall
Played: Fantasy Big Brother 2011 (Mythic) - Win | Survivor K: South Pacific: (Coach) - Runner Up

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• I Live at RFF
« Reply #116 on: September 17, 2011, 07:15:10 PM »
Squall.. :jumpy:

I asked Jonathan Penner (cooks Island) Thursday nite  and he said he doesnt know why they couldnt have! Its a great theory  and a great question i will keep asking thru the survivor podcasts and interviews to other Survivor Alumni!

Thanks!! and i will reply back when i get any answers! :tup:

Offline Squall

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #117 on: September 18, 2011, 06:52:26 PM »
Awesome........(though not as awesome as you :D )

Offline RabbitInTheMoon

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #118 on: September 19, 2011, 12:30:32 PM »
I actually think I like "Young Hantz".  I don't know yet.  he may get on my nerves come ep 3 or 4.  That's when I start deciding who I like or not.  I know that he thinks wearing his shirt all weird will be a good idea but, if I was on his team I'd be more suspicious of that than if he just said.  "My last name is Hantz and it's no relation.  Don't know the guy.  Don't want to!".  By obviously hiding something, he's just painting a larger target on his back.

So far I think that this will be a good season, though I've never been a fan of Coach.  It should be interesting to see what happens. I liked that Semhar left. You don't have a whole lot to go on week 1 so I thought it was the best decision at this point.  I really don't know why Cochran was targeted other than maybe his mishap with the wall?  Though, when I try to look at it from a contestant side I could see how he would possible look like a week link.

SIDE NOTE - Cochran looks like he's going to fry to a crisp any moment from the sun.  If he knew he was going to Survivor you'd think he'd work on a base tan!   :groan:  I feel like we should lather him up in SPF 65 and give him a sunhat.   Hope he makes it though.  I like the underdog.

It looks like both teams have two different ideas about having a veteran.  (are we calling them that here or is my brain still stuck on BB?  lol)
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 12:44:12 PM by RabbitInTheMoon »
This beat is "tecnotronics"

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #119 on: September 19, 2011, 12:45:16 PM »
^
I was predisposed to like Lil Hantz but his attitude towards Mikayla put me off. I find it very insulting.