Author Topic: Let's Talk About the Pleasant Surprises of TAR Aus S1 here!  (Read 4918 times)

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Let's Talk About the Pleasant Surprises of TAR Aus S1 here!
« on: September 07, 2011, 03:24:15 AM »
So what bits of the first Aus series really made you go 'Wow!'?

It doesnt necessarily have to be something that was done better than the US series, maybe just something that impressed you for the first season.

I for one thought that the title sequence was the best I've ever seen. I was a big fan of the slo moving shots of the team as opposed to the zipping shots you see in the US.

Also, the Earth software was beautiful, much better than the old Google Earth Pro that the US is still using!

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Let's Talk About the Pleasant Surprises of TAR Aus S1 here!
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2011, 06:05:35 PM »
I like the cast. There were no duds and there were no teams that had no redeeming qualities. I also like how it had a feeling of the early American seasons, though I can't describe why it feels that way to me.

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2011, 07:43:13 PM »
I like the opening credits
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2011, 08:27:45 PM »
Chris & Anastasia argued a bit too much for my liking, but outside their bickering they were nice to watch. Jeff & Luke surprised me, I thought they would be F7 the most, F5 if lucky.

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2011, 07:16:46 AM »
Oh, yes. They need to keep the Amazing Map. That was sheer awesomesauce.

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2011, 12:39:44 AM »
the map that showed the locations the teams were going to was great

castings was great (espaliy big w ladies,mo and mos, the SA sisters and the bikies)

the route was small but great

the intro was great(i hate the zipping shots in us verson)

grant was a great host 70% of the time

a lot of the tasks were great(even some task repeated from tara and tari were great whaching 2nd time around,the starting line roadblock was great )

i like how on the background of the confesanal is a map of the world

the prize money was good compared to other australian shows
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 09:36:55 PM by theamazingracer21 »

Offline kevin2012

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Gangnam Style!
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2011, 06:28:50 AM »
I would say, watching the first episode, I'll never forget it. Why? because it's actually great!

Let me explain, as an absolute TARtard (I made that up on the spot, as weird as that sounds) I had to watch all versions, and I did (with subtitles). The Brazilian version, Latin American, Israel, Asian and China Rush, and none of them came close the US version the way TARaus did.

TAR Brazil - it only had 1 season and it was alright, but the route was an absolute snoozefest and the contestant (besides the winning female-team, Patricia and Sane) were so bland, I had a hard time watching the whole thing. It was worth seeing an awesome female team win, against a male/male team I may add, but TAR Brazil was boring, and that's probably why it's canceled.

TAR Latin American - the producers are showing some effort, but unfortunately it's still a stale version. the route once again is very very boring and most of the contestants were slightly insufferable. The first season was alright, and the second was better, but I'm not a fan.

TAR Israel- while I admire its attempts at standing out and being unique, it kind of "crashes and burn" with this approach, I really like the route (it's similar to TARaus's, go figure). The biggest problem however is the host (can't remember his name) he is so bland and forgettable that you could replace him with a robot and nobody would know the difference. Phil is the best, Allan is annoying but I guess his cheesiness is entertaining at times, and Grant is also pretty robotic, but has a strange charm. The only team I really rooted for was Ferna and Fran (and maybe the Kapputz members, a little), the other teams weren't unlikable or mean, just unrootable. Israel needs to step it up with season 2

TAR Asia - Where do I begin with this one? It started strong, and crashed and burned at the end, kinda reminds me of the Shrek series, the first one being a really good experience, the second one being a massive improvement, the third nearly causing the serie to "jump the shark", and the fourth one decent, but pales to the first two. TAR Asia's product placement is out of control and I feel like I'm watching an hour-long commercial, TARA 5 (if it ever comes) better change that or the series is dead.

TAR China Rush - The first season was good, albeit a bit bland at times. The second so far is great, but since it hasn't ended yet, I'm not gonna hold my tongue on this one
Bring on the 21!

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2011, 06:52:50 AM »
I have two points to put on the table:

1. The cast - 10 our of 11 teams were spectacular. Sadly, the one that I detested ended up winning the race, but I won't start on that, as I could rant for several hours... B:) B:) B:)

2. The first five legs of this race were spectacular! I thoroughly enjoyed them, in particular Leg 5, which was by far the best leg of the race in my opinion! However, I must say that I was extremely disappointed with the rest of the race, as I was not impressed by the other legs.
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2011, 12:35:26 AM »
I really liked Grant Bowler as a narrator, not so much as a host interacting with the teams. He has a nice voice.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2012, 02:55:18 AM »
I liked this season.  The leg design was better than the American one this year.  I don't think they had any lazy legs where the producers just seemed to there for the holiday like I felt at times in the American version.  There just seemed to be more packed into the legs, and not just a few of them.

More good locations and interesting challenges than in the American version now.  Sand dunes and going down a mineshaft added variety. 

There was a certain toughness to some things as well.  Yes they did the ice hockey task in the American version (season 17?) but this one actually had a netminder who was good and was difficult to score against!  The legs were long enough and tough enough and designed well enough for teams to come back from penalties, the American version could do better there. 

Also I liked the fact they did a continuing leg (again, tougher like the American one used to be more).  The intersection was ok as well I thought, though the first time I had seen it.  It was better in the woodcutting task.  Certainly enough drama in this one and it felt like it arose more from the tasks rather than just people planted in to create drama (like Vanessa or Art/JJ).
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 03:12:13 AM by starrynight »