Author Topic: TAR 19 EP 1 "Kindness of Strangers" (Taipei)  (Read 83969 times)

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 19 EP 1 "Kindness of Strangers" (Taipei)
« Reply #125 on: September 22, 2011, 02:40:09 PM »
It did look like they slowed down as they passed Phil in that shot :P and Bill and Cathi are running on seperate sides of Phil, but when it moves to an overhead shot, Cathi and Bill link hands and run to Phil's left. Very good TAR, very sneaky  :lol:
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline realshowfan

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Frantic Fanfic Fanatic!
« Reply #126 on: September 24, 2011, 09:36:59 PM »
I noticed that there are so many social tasks in the first leg. Makes me think that the producers want to test teams' social abilities. Since it seemed they restricted helping locals in the past seasons, teams would not expect it.
This summer ※ The Amazing Race: ZBC // RSF
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,31363.0.html

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #127 on: September 25, 2011, 01:34:55 AM »
I know!! :jumpy:

The FERN is DEAD no more!! :lol3:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #128 on: September 25, 2011, 01:52:27 AM »
It's a 2 hours premiere?? :hearts: :lol: (Sorry didn't catch up on spoilers!)

Offline redwings8831

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #129 on: September 25, 2011, 01:58:26 AM »
It's a 2 hours premiere?? :hearts: :lol: (Sorry didn't catch up on spoilers!)

Pretty sure it is only 1 hour.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #130 on: September 25, 2011, 02:51:32 AM »
Cause I was wondering why the Indonesian pics of teams were posted in Ep 1 thread? :duno:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #131 on: September 25, 2011, 03:14:07 AM »
Because they came in the first Previews. And I've been busy. :neener:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #132 on: September 25, 2011, 04:13:08 AM »
PREVIEW 2 caps: (this preview contains racer caps, ep 1 caps. ep 2 caps, and future caps---these are the ones for EP 1 ONLY)

123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839404142434445464749505152545556575960
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #133 on: September 25, 2011, 08:36:27 AM »
The first 4 posts have been updated and will continue to be adding bits and pieces today in all the threads.

Post 1: Press
Post 2: Promos and Previews, links to caps
Post 3: Timeline
Post 4: Leg Summary by banzai

Remember that there is loads more in spoilers, including photos of many of the tasks and the team arrivals at the Pitstop!!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #134 on: September 25, 2011, 11:12:44 PM »
Something I noticed at the very beginning is the return of the editing effecct affectionally known as the speeding-up, "drunken cameraman", TM MIss Alli in 2001.

It disappeared several years ago, and has only been rarely seen on TAR since, until tonight.  It was quite noticeable during the opening sequence where Phil is standing at the shoreline Point and telling us about the teams being brought to the start line.

It's a fun effect, uniquely TAR, and I hope it's used more often from now on.
-- theschnauzers

Offline dojima

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #135 on: September 26, 2011, 01:08:17 AM »
I want to throw in that Bill and Cathi went WAY off course in Taipei. I'm frequently in the central area so recognized all the areas they wondered off to.

They were seen in:
- Shin Kong Building
- Taipei Bus Station
- Taipei Train Station
- Presidential Palace

It may seem they went on a mile treck in a circle from Ximending.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #136 on: September 26, 2011, 02:36:05 AM »
I want to throw in that Bill and Cathi went WAY off course in Taipei. I'm frequently in the central area so recognized all the areas they wondered off to.

They were seen in:
- Shin Kong Building
- Taipei Bus Station
- Taipei Train Station
- Presidential Palace

It may seem they went on a mile treck in a circle from Ximending.

They said they spent 4 hours looking for the clue. They got quite a tour.

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #137 on: September 26, 2011, 04:46:24 AM »
Did anyone else notice at the boat task one of the teams (I believe the snowboarders) had their clue showing at it looked yellow. I am guessing everyone chose the same detour so it was edited of the episode.

I could be wrong though.  :duno:

No, it was definitely a Route Info, you can see it clearly when Ernie & Cindy open it. The yellow is just the envelope.
I guess we could call the dragon boats task an Active Route Marker.

Offline Harry4

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #138 on: September 26, 2011, 05:40:01 AM »
 :waves:
Loved the first episode, it is a shame that it wasn't a 2 hour premier.

I wish that Zev and Justin from TAR 15 had the same luck with Zev's passport like the girls did.

Offline Oddarane

• RFF Full Member
  • Scandinavian Minister for the Amazing Race
« Reply #139 on: September 26, 2011, 05:41:31 AM »
Great episode, this season will be a blast. Can't remember last time there were so many interesting teams competing.
\\\\\\\"The world is waiting for you. Good luck - travel safe - GO! - Phil Keoghan

Offline schwarzmoor

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #140 on: September 26, 2011, 08:18:05 AM »
I think the Core Pacific City Living Mall has to be regular route marker after roadblock. We can see a clue showing "Core Pacific Living Mall"  in Chinese on Jennifer's hand and there are envelops right next to the "Hazard" task.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #141 on: September 26, 2011, 08:41:03 AM »
Multiple teams were seen going in and out of the Mall...but fast.

And there was MUCH more to the phone task that was edited out.

As we reported in spoilers, teams had to FIRST get a phone card in order to use the phone.

That meant either figuring out where to go buy one, or asking a local for help. Many FERNS did help from reports from the site. But all that added another layer to the task to make it more difficult.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #142 on: September 26, 2011, 09:55:09 AM »
Jennifer got labeled incorrectly. :lol:

Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #143 on: September 26, 2011, 09:56:27 AM »

I wish that Zev and Justin from TAR 15 had the same luck with Zev's passport like the girls did.

Me too.  But I think the passport was lost in the dark in Zev's season.  This one was lost in broad daylight.

Belle Book

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #144 on: September 26, 2011, 09:57:47 AM »

:welcome2: to RFF, Harry4!
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #145 on: September 26, 2011, 10:37:01 AM »
Did anyone else notice at the boat task one of the teams (I believe the snowboarders) had their clue showing at it looked yellow. I am guessing everyone chose the same detour so it was edited of the episode.

I could be wrong though.  :duno:
I think you are wrong. It was a general task. They had a ROADBLOCK, which seldom happens on any FIRST Amazing Race leg, and compensated by having no DETOUR this leg.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 12:44:58 PM by apskip »

Offline Jareb

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #146 on: September 26, 2011, 12:27:13 PM »
I'm not sure about this season yet. I didn't get the feeling of passion I've had for most of the other seasons. I'll have to catch it on a rebroadcast and watch again.

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #147 on: September 26, 2011, 12:50:45 PM »
After 4 months of waiting... The Amazing Race is back on screen! Wooh!

Ernie and Cindy - My favourite team thus far. They give me a Meghan and Cheyne / Jill and Thomas vibe. They seem pretty likeable from first impressions, but somehow I have a feeling they'll end up finishing the race in third place. But for now, I'm rooting for them and I hope they continue to work well together.

Jeremy and Sandy - I thought that there might be some squabbles from this team, especially Jeremy yelling at Sandy. But they impressed me this episode, they were competitive and cooperative. But we'll have to see what the remaining of this season does to them.

Justin and Jennifer - Justin kinda annoys me with his intensity and occasional yelling at his sister. I feel that this will be a very competent team, but I'm not sure I'm a fan of their bickerings.

Ethan and Jenna - I'm rooting for them for now solely based on what both of them have gone through on Survivor, and as a couple. I don't know if they'll last on the race, but they might have a really inspiring story for the viewers.

Amani and Marcus - Another strong, competitive team. I'm not a fan of theirs as yet, though. They seemed pretty mild this episode.

Laurence and Zac - There wasn't much from them this episode, but they're a team that I might potentially root for. They seemed to work quite well together this episode.

Andy and Tommy - This team is totally BJ and Tyler for me. Their olympic experience might come in handy this race and I feel that they could go far, but I doubt I'll ever be a fan of them.

Ron and Bill - I kinda like these guys, they're nice to each other and just do their own thing on the race. But once again, we'll have to see.

Kaylani and Lisa - Wow, wow, wow! Losing a passport on the very first leg of the race? I was shocked. But that was a climatic moment of the episode I must say. I expected them to find it at the gas station without problem, but the passport seemed to disappear into thin air. That airport meltdown was pretty exciting. And then some kind soul delivers it to them because of advice given on Twitter! Double, triple wow! This race is getting so advanced that Twitter managed to save a team's life. I'm really amazed. And I'm pretty impressed by this team. Despite having to complete a Hazard, their position did not change at all. And I marvelled at their efficiency in completing the Hazard. They did not even hesitate doing the bungee jump. They MIGHT actually go pretty far, but once again, I'm not a fan of their bickerings.

Lisa and Marie - Kami and Karli version 2, without a doubt. Twins, young, and clueless. For the first episode at least. They might do a Kami and Karli and last to the Final 5, which would be a huge shocker. But for now, I'm not optimistic about this team...

Bill and Cathi - I love it that they remained so calm despite knowing that they were in last. I love Cathi's positivity and her appreciation of the little things around her. I'm glad they got another chance to remain in the race, but I wonder if they'll get past the 3rd or 4th leg.

A decent start to the race, but I somehow feel that the teams this season are not as likeable as the previous two seasons. It feels like another Season 16 for me. But it's just an initial feeling I guess. Can't wait to see how the season plays out!
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #148 on: September 26, 2011, 03:31:34 PM »
Did anybody hear when the episode title was said and by whom?

It must have been Keylani, but I didn't hear it anywhere.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #149 on: September 26, 2011, 03:34:08 PM »
I didn't hear it either. :duno:
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.